[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>everything is fair in war so there shouldn't be any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: 1491697250241m.jpg (86KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491697250241m.jpg
86KB, 1024x1024px
>everything is fair in war so there shouldn't be any restrictions on the types of weapons used

How do you respond to this?
>>
File: 1466922924992.jpg (81KB, 704x592px) Image search: [Google]
1466922924992.jpg
81KB, 704x592px
>>33585955
I form the Geneva convention
>>
>>33585955

Time to glass the middle east.
>>
Then you shouldn't bitch when America nukes your major cities and gasses the survivors. Third worlders dont seem to get that all these conventions were set up for their benefit, not ours. USA has the most nukes and most chemical weapons, so by not using them were only gimping ourselves. Its our way of making warfare nicer and "fairer" for everyone.
>>
>>33585955
Okay. Have fun with super influaids and nerve gas.
>>
>>33585955
What a great thread to bring this up in.

Turns out hickock, the military arms channel, and forgotten weapons have been demonetized on youtube.

Dayum' shame, really
>>
>>33585955
"We tried that and it led to the brutality of world war i. The general consensus is that no one wants to die drowning in their own fluids because some chucklefuck used mustard gas, so we banned that shit."
>>
>>33585955
Because not everything's fair in war, really. Society has to keep moving in both countries while the war is fought. No one on either side wants their civilians to get gassed or nuked or whatever, or their POWs to be tortured and starved, so they agree to some rules.

However, I do think the conventions have gone too far. If people are trying to fucking kill each other anyway, it doesn't matter if someone's using "altered" bullets to do it. Just don't torture people or kill civilians, other than that everything should be fair game.
>>
Because the Geneva Convention and every rule of war was set up not for "fairness", but on a basis that nobody wants to be gassed, tortured, or otherwise fucked over in the most painful, inhumane ways possible, so every signatory agreed with the other signatories not to do it to them, and vice versa.
>>
>>33586011
Russians have more and youll die yourself because nukes dont give a fuck about gdp per capita, fat american sack of shit.
>>
>>33587735
>Tfw no one will be Russia's ally
>>
>>33585955
carpet bombing of population centers with water balloons full of horse semen>>33585977
>>
>>33585955
The restrictions are not there to make war "fair". They exist to minimize the needless suffering of everyone involved. No one wants another WW1.
>>
>>33585955

No, every thing is fair in war when you win.
>>
Only if you left me cuck you.
>>
>>33585955
you say that up until your family dies from septic shock after having all their skin burned off from incendiary ordinance when they were sitting inside a Hospital waiting room connected to a church
>>
>>33585955
War is no excuse for savagery. Unless your enemy does it, you're fighting for your family, not to brutalize people without repercussion.

That's probably how it should work.
>>
>>33587735
really makes you think why no one likes Russia
>>
> repeal Geneva
>>
>>33592074

Going by that logic, should civilized nations such as the UK and USA treat ISIS and Allah Snackbars with respect and not just bomb the fuck out of them? I've had quite a few friends suggest that because they don't play nice, they shouldn't be treated nicely.
>>
To a point, war only matters if you win.

However, I would argue that any weapon that has long-term effects of the living (other than initial injuries that didn't kill the combatant), they should not be used.

Things like landmines, depleted uranium that isn't used on tanks or other armor, defoliants like AO, of course, chemical/gas attacks that can't be controlled and are at the will of the wind.

All conventional direct-fire and indirect-fire weapons are still totally kosher, though (as are psychological operations).
>>
>>33593068
This is standard escalation of force.

If you and I are in a fist fight everything is okay until you decide to pull out a knife because your sorry ass is losing.

At that point I'm more than obliged to pull out a handgun and waste you because you broke idea that we were both only in this for fisticuffs to see who was the stronger man.
>>
File: 1f1.png (2MB, 1785x1320px) Image search: [Google]
1f1.png
2MB, 1785x1320px
>>33586040
>chucklefuck

I kekked
>>
>>33586534
Depends on the torture.Like, rape isnt ok but I personally want to allow some boys to make a clear reminder that being a little pusay and giving up means you get a hell of a bad time
>>
The only thing better than winning is winning with a clean conscience.
>>
>>33585955

If that's your attitude, (rightly or wrongly) then surely you recognize there are no actual restrictions,
they merely exist as abstractions on pieces of paper.
>>
>>33585955
Expect reciprocation for everything you do. If you are the underdog in a war and you decide to pump Turbo-AIDS into a state's major water sources, expect your major cities to be gassed or even glassed. By agreeing to limit war, you agree to not be a cunt and be allowed to take the moral high ground if someone else is a cunt to you and ask for help as what was a war turns into a "genocide." The only alternative is to be like the US, break the rules but be so unfairly powerful that the fact you only break the rules a little seems like a mercy.
>>
File: o-KIM-JONG-UN-570.jpg (59KB, 570x391px) Image search: [Google]
o-KIM-JONG-UN-570.jpg
59KB, 570x391px
>>33585977
That's like making a no gun zone rule.

The only thing keeping dictators in their place right now is Donald Trump.
>>
>>33585955
then I get to motive my troops by encouraging rape and looting and weed out future resistance by child murdering. sounds like a good time desu as long as you're sure you'll be on the winning side
>>
>>33585955
I don't. It's true
>>
Protect us!.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U9lVjZg-Kg
>>
>>33587735
Russia SAYS they have more nukes but they're all cold war junkers, and most of the Soviet nukes the government can't even fucking find.
>>
>>33586040
>Let's make war more tolerable so there will be more of it
>>
we are hostage.

resist, teach Your kids the truth about Jews and America.

We all just want to go back home to the land that America destroyes.

Kindly, Lets just leave them and lets look.

"I dont want to be a hated Russian any more"
>>
All the American government teaches its poor people is to hate.

Why dont we just all leave? Why? I ask?

The American governmant abuses its own people.... Think, Why?
>>
>>33585955
The only thing preventing war crimes is quid-pro-quo. We don't do horrific things to you and you don't do horrific things to us.
Deploy Bio or Chem and expect to get some coming toward you as well, etc.
Basically that argument seems to come from someone who really doesn't know the proverbial Pandora's Box they'd unleash.
>>
File: jewownedmedia.jpg (627KB, 1600x1250px) Image search: [Google]
jewownedmedia.jpg
627KB, 1600x1250px
>>33596113
>>
>>33585955
If we agree to leave eye-gouging out of this pitfight right now, you're more likely to have eyesight at the end any way things go, right?
>>
>>33594365
>brutal wars deter more wars from happening

Wew
>>
>>33585977
GENEVA CONVENTION IS FOR ETHICAL TREATMENT OF PRISONERS OF WAR STOP SAYING THIS REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>33585955
You try fighting in MOPP4 some time

It's worth noting that the people who faced machine guns, artillery, landmines and all kinds of nastiness specifically disliked gas the most to the point that in WW2 gas was not used because there were enough WW1 vets in positions of authority that they remembered having it used on them and did not want to open that Pandora's box again
>>
>>33594365
Can you support this assertion?
>>
>>33585955
Alright then, have it your way. Give me a second to break out the mustard gas and start shooting prisoners and civilians.
>>
>>33585955

Actions have consequences. If you lose the enemy will do things just as bad if not worse and he will have the moral high ground and nobody will help you any one bit. If you win the enemy might keep fighting after the war in militias, or plot another war.
>>
>>33596113
>>33596058
Chinese sleeper agents detected.
>>
File: 1486810212974.jpg (124KB, 882x731px) Image search: [Google]
1486810212974.jpg
124KB, 882x731px
>>33599274
>China creates manchurian candidates to subvert the US from the inside
>their culture of cutting corners and poor grasp of English makes the agents spontaneously start yelling in Engrish which gets them found out very easily
>>
>>33585977
Hey I remember posting this picture many months ago to show how fucking untrained the average french national police officers are.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.