[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how many of you faggots fell for the >Muh 12" to 18"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: ZtmJic2.jpg (395KB, 1455x961px) Image search: [Google]
ZtmJic2.jpg
395KB, 1455x961px
So how many of you faggots fell for the
>Muh 12" to 18" of penetration
meme the FBI has been dishing out for the last three decades?
>>
File: 1439811806058.jpg (39KB, 465x364px) Image search: [Google]
1439811806058.jpg
39KB, 465x364px
http://gundata.org/images/fbi-handgun-ballistics.pdf
>An issue that must be addressed is the fear of over penetration widely expressed on the part of law enforcement. The concern that a bullet would pass through the body of a subject and injure an innocent bystander is clearly exaggerated. Any review of law enforcement shootings will reveal that the great majority of shots fired by officers do not hit any subjects at all. It should be obvious that the relatively few shots that do hit a subject are not somehow more dangerous to bystanders than the shots that miss the subject entirely.

>Also, a bullet that completely penetrates a subject will give up a great deal of energy doing so. The skin on the exit side of the body is tough and flexible. Experiments have shown that it has the same resistance to bullet passage as approximately four inches of muscle tissue.

>Choosing a bullet because of relatively shallow penetration will seriously compromise weapon effectiveness, and needlessly endanger the lives of the law enforcement officers using it. No law enforcement officer has lost his life because a bullet over penetrated his adversary, and virtually none have ever been sued for hitting an innocent bystander through an adversary. On the other hand, tragically large numbers of officers have been killed because their bullets did not penetrate deeply enough.
>>
>>33584572
>Written in 1989
>Somehow still applies
>Not taking into account the absolutely fucking outstanding break throughs in bullet development that have occurred since that bullshit was written.

So you're just like, fucking stupid then right?
>>
File: Untitled.png (40KB, 807x557px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
40KB, 807x557px
>>33584588
wonderful counter argument, I'm so glad you've posted research articles and other that data that back up your point

oh wait you didn't you fuckstick, I had to do that for you
http://www.ballisticstestinggroup.org/woundballistics.html

maybe people would care if you had done something other than shitpost in the OP
>>
>>33584572
>>33584627
The FBI 12-18 inches bullshit is purely for shots to the right shoulder, through the chest, and then onto the heart. That is pretty much the only shot that a minimum of 12" would be required to penetrate and hit vitals.
That is the only reason that they wrote it that way.
You do not need 12" of penetration as a minimum to reach (and go past) vital organs from almost literally any angle on a human body with the exception of what I listed above.
>>
>>33584654
>intermediate barriers such as automotive safety glass, car seats, car doors that tend to get in the way of shooting a carjacker or a driver attempting to hit and kill innocents

>rib or other bone strikes (which are conveniently not documented in one shot stop statistics and the "Goat Tests")

These aren't memes, they're frequently encountered variables that should be taken into account when determining a safe margin for a minimum number.
>>
>>33584493
Aw man this one's not so funny. I got a soft spot in my heart for disabled people.

Rarely do I wish the internet wasn't so mean, but this is one of those times.
>>
>>33584843
This desu. I'm glad he got to enjoy something nice.
>>
>>33584843
Agreed
I used to work with the old and disabled before college. Just let them live and enjoy life as much as they possibly can.
>>
>>33585259

There may have been many errors,
however the fact that they shot a suspect in the heart, but the bullet failed to actually reach the heart, is a really big deal.
And is something that can be fixed from the comfort of your own home while you're loading mags.
>>
File: 22lr GOAT confirmed.png (146KB, 742x681px) Image search: [Google]
22lr GOAT confirmed.png
146KB, 742x681px
>>33585279
Want to see the problem with anecdotal evidence?

Also, if you haven't noticed, the FBI pretty much says that the 9mm is alright again so have fun playing out your gun battle scenarios in your head, neckbeard
>>
>>33584843
>Rarely do I wish the internet wasn't so mean, but this is one of those times.
>>33585001
>>33585276

Yeah but this one isn't actually funny, it's the first one of those where I haven't wanted to cringe. That's actually a decent thing to do and this guy is the first one that those girls are probably not actually cringing internally.

HOWEVER

This now gets me wondering whether all the others were also disabled, as in literally mentally retarded. A lot of developmentally challenged adults are obese because they basically eat until they run out of food, there are often problems with appetite, self-discipline obviously isn't in abundance either and finally a lot of psychoactive drugs have weight-gain as a side-effect.

So, were all those guys that we cringed at actually from some sort of adult special-needs home on their day-trip out to Carls?
>>
>>33585326
>its ok only 357
>>
>>33584699
Federal runs seperate barrier tests now though, since a bullet that achieved 12"+ penetration on traditional gel gets can get <3" through glass. Remember when all the p.d.s got bit by the TRU223 b.s.?
>>
>>33584493
I personally fell for the "15 - 30 rounds of literally anything is good enough" meme. I have 2 15 round mags of cheapshit Tula FMJ for my G19.

I mean, I'll swap them out eventually, but I'm in no hurry.
>>
>>33584699
I'm open to different view points, but barrier blind isn't something I get much utility from. Either they are hiding behind a wall and I don't know who is beside or behind them, or I'm shooting at someone's car who just robbed me and is fleeing. Whoops.
>>
>>33584654
12" of gel =/= 12" of meat
>>
>>33585326

I'm waiting for you to show me the problem.
The guy had JHPs that failed to reach vitals, just like in the FBI shootout.

>Also, if you haven't noticed, the FBI pretty much says that the 9mm is alright again
If you'd been paying attention, you would have realized that this isn't about caliber, it's about penetration.
Clearly you weren't.
>>
>>33585819
Google EJ Woldberg 147gr 9mm.

For at least one bullet, 12" of tissue is equal to 12" of gel, just with a wider range of deviation.

I'm not aware of any other studies showing the opposite, but I'll read them if you have them.
>>
>>33584588
>1989
>somehow still applies

tell me again about how the laws of physics have dramatically changed since 1989? You are literally retarded.
>>
>>33585655
The guy in OP's pick doesn't look mentally retarded, rather it's seems to be the case of some fucked up motor neuron disease. That and the fact that many people with down-syndrome or mental retardation don't really live past 50 or 60 because of heart and deficiencies which start setting in at around middle age.
>>
>>33584493
You're right. Some stupid Noguns faggot on a Chilean dildo widdling forum would know much more about ballistics and force required to incapacitate than the FBI.
>>
File: 1478201971729.jpg (180KB, 573x729px) Image search: [Google]
1478201971729.jpg
180KB, 573x729px
>>33585831
>If you'd been paying attention, you would have realized that this isn't about caliber, it's about penetration. Clearly you weren't.

lmfao dumbass, the FBI is going back to 9mm G2 SPEER GOLD DOT. It's not FMJ, you retard neckbeard. The FBI switched to 10mm (and later on to .40 s&w) based on the Platt round not "penetrating" enough. Apparently they, at the time, saw a caliber issue. So why don't you go whine to the FBI then, you fucking moron?

Like I said, all you use is anecdotal evidence. I gave you another narrative where the big boy bullet (does 22lr have more or less penetration than 357 mag, idiot?) did not outright kill the attacker. Should people start shilling for 22lr now?

Hahhaha a mall ninja turd like you is too easy. Go ahead and try again. Keep using that bro science- your small brain is a bigger liability to your own life than a low penetration round.

Cry me a river, faggot.
>>
>>33584493
Yikes. Just imagined the one on the left without her 20 lbs of makeup
>>
>>33584572
>>33584493

Hahahah.

What a stupid cunt you are
>>
>>33587570
They did this because of women and limpwristed men.
>>
>>33584843
>>33585001
>>33585276
really glad there are some well-adjusted bros here
>>
>>33584588
if anything, it's more relevant than ever.
>>
File: handgungelcomparisonhi0.jpg (148KB, 640x575px) Image search: [Google]
handgungelcomparisonhi0.jpg
148KB, 640x575px
Where were you when you realized that JHP was a meme?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.