[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one actually become a Mercenary? Are there actual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: st.jpg (104KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
st.jpg
104KB, 1000x666px
How does one actually become a Mercenary?

Are there actual companies you can join?

Do you just fly to a country full of brown people and solicit patrons on your own?
>>
french legion, or narco.
also, you be the cannon fodder of the cannon fodder.
>>
>>33583878
It's a community of personal connections I would think.
>>
>Are there actual companies you can join?

Yes, Private Military Contractors. You seek them out and apply the same way you do any other job. These days you generally need 8 years of military experience, preferably in Special Forces and combat experience to have even a hope of getting employed in that field.
>>
>>33583878
There were some /k/ommandos who ended up with the Kurds (whey, bro) and fought for them.

That's all I can think of in terms of people we've known, though I'm sure somewhere has a guide.
Though I'll say this: the days of soldier of fortune magazine ads promising money for trigger fingers is over.
Finding jobs is, from what's been said in the last few years, a pain in the ass.
>>
>Do you just fly to a country full of brown people and solicit patrons on your own?

You can try but the only thing that you solicit is dick.
>>
>>33583978
peace time, normal, we are in a peaful period of history, even ww1-ww2 can be considered peaceful, but one day, glory shall walk once again in this godammed earth.
>>
>>33583878
Sorry, but you missed the heyday for that stuff and Blackwater acting like massive douche-bags and drawing media attention to the concept of PMCs didn't help.

A few of the old companies are still round under different names, but they aren't hiring like they used to. If you want to try and get a job with one of them, you need to have a stellar background. There's been a lot of downsizing and more emphasis has been put on support roles.
>>
>>33583978
They aren't really mercs since they do not get paid. Just a bunch of camwhore Norwegians and British that are doing it for likes on Instagram.

A few of them are even fugitives from the law

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3497396/ISIS-slayer-Barry-Hall-pleaded-funds-fight-Iraq-revealed-convicted-rapist-run.html
>>
>>33584031
What's the story/controversy behind Blackwater? Also didnt they change name to Academi?
>>
>>33583878
>watch the A-team
>learn how it works
>profit
>>
File: 1461974547053.jpg (22KB, 287x202px) Image search: [Google]
1461974547053.jpg
22KB, 287x202px
>>33585603

What about the part where I'm already part of a crack team who is sent to a military prison for a crime that they didn't commit?
>>
>>33583960
Those are the poster boys stuff. Most PMCs are bunch of flip/nepali/ethiopian doing little more than glorified security job, manning checking post, patrolling fences and shit.

Even the pay is Mcdonald-tier; about 3 grand per month, not including basic insurance coverage and OT. Day-off? Forget about it

>source:plenty of flip "PMC" in Kabul airport and other ISAF camp
>>
>>33585597
>contractors start taking fire from a crowd
>civilians get shot
>lawsuits

At least that's what I remember reading, I think it was a book written by Erik Prince. Look up Nisour Square.
>>
>>33585612

It's called Step One, fudd, get to work if you want to live the dream
>>
That's a very broad question. The only money I ever made working for someone else was in Oman, and that wasn't strictly mercenary work. I managed to get into the strategic services side of things and started my own company which was far more lucrative. The post Cold War trend toward private security, as a complete package, made work more lucrative and easy to access - prior to this it was a case of knowing the right names and making phone calls.

>Are there actual companies you can join?
Yes. Though virtually none (or none that I can think of) are one dimensional in the way you're suggesting; all offer a wide variety of related (and often unrelated, for the massive ones) services that allow them to be more stable in the market.

>Do you just fly to a country full of brown people and solicit patrons on your own?

A man named Karl Penta did this with no formal military experience whatsoever. He acquired quite a reputation for doing it and experienced a great deal of conflicts from the mid 80s until the early 1990s.

If you actually want to make any money, this is not a good way of going about things.
>>
>>33583878

If you have to ask, then you probably are no means capable of being one. If you had the skill set for it, then some one you served with should be, or know some one who is in one that can hook you up.
>>
>>33587629
I feel their are stories you could share and several of us would be interested.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.