[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /k/ i heard some guys talking about using some sort of appliance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Ok /k/ i heard some guys talking about using some sort of appliance tube piece to attach an oil filter to a barrel. It's supposed to have a clamp on one end, and match an oil filter thread pitch on the other. How legit is this?
>>
File: 16.jpg (82KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
82KB, 612x816px
They work great at catching solvent dripping from your barrel while cleaning
>>
>>33581439
>How legit is this?
Shit's mad illegal, yo. You also can't aim for shit with a pistol setup like your pic.
>>
There is no noise reduction doing this. Don't bother. I've tried on my. 22 and sks because I have a lathe at work and got bored
>>
>>33581552
Solvent traps are not illegal, you can buy them on fucking amazon and shit.
>>
>>33581552

Shit ain't illegal if you have the adapter made for them..

Still have to pay the NFA tax with it, so it's legit.
>>
>>33581581
Attaching it to a firearm without registering the adapter like >>33581584 mentioned is illegal. The trap itself isn't anything, but putting it on a gun without going through the ATF is still illegal, that was my point. My bad if it seemed like I meant their existence was illegal.
>>
>>33581455
allegedly a friend tried this, and it was blowing the fiberglass/whatever the filter is made of back down his barrel into the chamber.
>>
Do you buy the adaptor and then form 1 it and make it the suppressor, or do you have to form 4 it from the manufacturer for it to be legit?
>>
>>33581715
its the form-keepyourmouthshut
>>
>>33581634
Unless there are additional letters I am unaware of, the ATF decided that the combination of solvent trap/oil filter/thread adapter to be a suppressor.

No such letters exist addressing maglite solvent traps. So maglite solvent traps are just solvent traps, even when you put them on your gun to clean it.
>>
>>33581581
re-purposing them as a silencer is, and the ATF has started arresting shops for this crap.

>"BUT I'M USING IT AS A SOLVENT TRAP"

They don't care anymore.
>>
>>33581785
OP didn't ask about using it as a suppressor.

While attaching an oil filter to your gun is a crime according to the ATF, attaching a solvent trap made from a maglite is not.
>>
>>33581984
You are incorrect.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/01/foghorn/atf-says-solvent-traps-silencers-shuts-sd-tacticals-kit-business/
>>
>>33582751
You don't need those baffles (aka "freeze cups/plugs") for a solvent trap. It is having the baffles and solvent trap which the ATF says is a crime. Not having and using the solvent trap (without owning the baffles).
>>
Historically, trying to sell a totally-not-an-NFA-product-wink-wink does not go down well with the ATF.
>>
>>33581439

The Econo-Can works well because it's set up like a conventional suppressor; threaded to the barrel. Don't know about homebrews.

>>33581715 Econo-Can requires a stamp to buy it, as it's technically the suppressor and the oil cans are 'replaceable parts.' Kinda like getting an AR lower. Imagine other purpose built ones are the same. Shit you make at home, though... well that's on you, one way or another.
>>
>>33583085

I dunno. Arm braces are still going strong.
>>
>>33582751

SD Tactical was run by a bunch of retards. Everything on their website pertained to constructing silencers. They had zero videos about how to actually use their products as solvent traps, but several on what you can do to make them suppressors. They tried to break into the business of selling 80% suppressors, and left zero doubt that that's what they were selling.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.