[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When a soldier dies, who's job is it to write the letter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

When a soldier dies, who's job is it to write the letter to the family? Platoon leader's? Company Commander's?

Are letters like this even still required?
>>
>>33581032
The probably just send a text message like yo dawg your Lil boo ain't bulletproof and is dead.
>>
>>33581032
>thinking they are hand written
nigga r u srs.
its 2017, its probably just some auto response from a computer somewhere with a boilerplate paragraph about how they died doing something honorably but really just had an aneurysm while trying to outdrink their platoon
>>
They get a personalized note from the desk of the prime minister of Israel.
>>
>>33581096
>Mrs. Anon, I can tell you that your son/brother/husband died heroically, surrounded by his comrades, with liquor bottle in hand and funnel in anus.
>>
>>33581130
Such is life in the Russian army.
>>
>>33581032
On a more serious note, I've had to write a ''death letter,'' to parents. I guess, I didn't have to but I felt compelled to given the student-teacher relationship. It fucked me up, really fucked me up, for the whole semester. The poor guy was in a single car accident and died on impact.
>>
The dod has notification teams. Usually 3 or 4 people, always at least 2.

There is usually a chaplin or grief counselor, a solider of appropriate rank trained in notifications, somtimes a translator , sometimes the Commanding officer will write something.
>>
>>33581216

What about during WWII circa?

I'm currently watching that episode of BoB where Winters has to write one about that guy who ran into his own grenade
>>
>>33581391

Telegram from the government at best, there was nothing requiring leaders to write letters to families.
>>
>>33581391
He was writing an After Action Report, not a death letter.
>>
>>33581032
>>33581391
No idea if it's legit or made up, but I've seen a few movies where they have a room full of womenfolk with typewriters to do up all the letters
>>
>>33581032
Goes like this
>river city is declared (brevity code for the operations area to cut personal communication services for the troops there for 24 hours)
>this ensures that word does not get home via unofficial channels
>regional notification team is contacted and must make contact with the next of kin listed on the service members emergency data
>notification team is always atleast 2 people (1 officer and 1 staff NCO) more usually its 1 officer, a chaplain, and a grief counselor
>family is contacted and notified in person
>contact is maintained in order to coordinate funerary arrangements, dispense life insurance to the service members listed benificiaries, and execute any wishes the service member may have listed on the special power of attourney prior to deploying

Thats how its done.
>>
>>33581114
>furniture cares more about American lives than Jews
Argument checks out, proceed.
>>
>your son's blood has helped fuel our foreskin extraction factories for another day. Thank you for your sacrifice. D-g bless
>>
>>33583180
Sounds reasonable, honestly.
>>
>>33581032
>Are letters like this even still required?
Of course. Every death notice includes the soldier's K/D.
>>
>>33581032
In the UK, the battalion commander usually writes the letters.
>>
>>33581080

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Your son is dead
Woopie fucking do.
>>
>>33581080

With modern technology fueling the destruction of literacy like it is, I kind of expect this to start happening in the next few decades.

> "Yo, dis Pookie Smith's momma?"
> "Ya. Who dis?"
> "Dis Capn Jones. Yo, Pookie died today. Nigga got shot."
> "OMG!" *sad emoji* *sad emoji* *sad emoji*
> "I know. It real shitty. Sorry." *sad emoji* *poop emoji*
>>
File: 1485760403448.jpg (33KB, 230x249px) Image search: [Google]
1485760403448.jpg
33KB, 230x249px
>>33585401
>*poop emoji*
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.