[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't a semiauto closed bolt model of the AA12 been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: AA12 Guts.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
AA12 Guts.webm
3MB, 800x450px
Why hasn't a semiauto closed bolt model of the AA12 been made yet?

A 12ga shotgun with essentially zero recoil would have great success on the civilian market, at least I assume. I'd buy one.

Old and brittle fudds would love it.
>>
I believe the AA12 was classified to have no sporting purpose, which is why it never came to market. I could be remembering it wrong.
>>
File: BFG2000.jpg (21KB, 550x174px) Image search: [Google]
BFG2000.jpg
21KB, 550x174px
You think that alone would cancel all recoil ?

I'm not sure but I think the USAS-12 has a rotating bolt.
>>
I never understood why more manufactured use this "zero-recoil"-attempt with other weapons.

Vltor did a shy try with their A5 stock though but i think even thats not enough.
>>
>>33579908
Obviously I've never shot one, but from videos and heresay it appears to have nearly no recoil. Mostly on account of the five miles of recoil spring where the mass never makes it all the way rearward (what's that called again? has a name...) and something with the gas system. I don't know how the gas system works up front.
>>
I still think it would be neat to build new production full-auto AA-12s in the US and register them as DDs. NFA items can't have multiple classifications, and DD trumps MG. Since it can't be both, might be a way around 922(o).

Hey here's an idea, build a combo gun with a huge ass barrel over .50 that is single shot and just happens to have a full auto 9mm or whatever caliber you want attached to it, same gun.
>>
>>33580068
>how to get your dogs shot
>>
Are you sure it is 12 gauge? I thought it was a weaker round.
>>
>>33580315
The fuck do you think the 12 is for at the end of the gun's name.
>>
>>33580976
12 bullets.
>>
>>33579833
Heavy as fuck. Like, 11.5 pounds unloaded. People who shoot big semiautomatic shotguns don't give a rat's ass about recoil, it's part of the fun, those that do won't buy a 12ga semi. Expensive to make for a limited niche.
>>
>>33579987
>where the mass never makes it all the way rearward
constant recoil

>>33579833
it also comes to my attention that the AA-12 is a very SIMPLE gun which should make it easy to manufacture, yet in old videos where the price is referenced, such as Kieth Ratliff's (FPS Russia's late weapons acquisition guy) video on it, which is still up on youtube, It's said to cost $18,000. Which would definitely kill the fuck out of its market value since NO ONE is going to pay that for a gun with such a limited appeal and such cumbersome magazines.
>>
>>33581255
>constant recoil
Ultimax, that was it.
>>33581035
11.5lbs isn't really that heavy. Not something you'd want to lug for miles, but perfectly manageable. Plus it should be fairly obvious that quite a lot of htat can be trimmed simply by using polymers and streamlining the boxy as fuck design.
>>
>>33581255
>It's said to cost $18,000
Guarantee it costs less than $400 to manufacture. I wonder where that number came from.
>>
>>33581301
You know, that's what I reason, being that I have a little experience as a machinist. Maybe not less than $400, more like $600, but in any case, this is where they said $18,000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r0HgH2cHBc
>>
>>33581390
I assume they only produced a few hundred at most, so maybe that's all distributed R&D costs? Beats me.
>>
>>33581020
Kek
>>
>>33581403
R&D. Yeah. Not retarded degrees of companies loving the smell of their own shit on a level that would give Hitler and Kocksuck a run for their money if not completely over power them.
>>
>>33581293
it's basically a plastic shell wrapped around the stainless steel internals. there's not much weight reduction to do, unless you start using titanium alloy, which is expensive. and 11.5 lbs is a lot. it's even more with ammo. that basically limits it to overpriced, expensive ammunition devouring range toy.
>>
>>33581614
From a quick look a lot of that steel doesn't appear to be stress point and could be switched to aluminum, I'd wager.
>>
>>33581629
lmao
>>
>>33581629
>>33581614
>>33581545
>>33581465
>>33581403
>>33581301
>>33581293
>>33579833
I think this may give you some in depth knowledge about the state of the company that makes the gun.
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/03/robert-farago/aa-12-developer-the-u-s-military-isbrain-dead/
>>
>>33581696
This reads like CoD noguns shlock. SHOTGUNS ARE SUPER BADASS EVERY SOLDIER SHOULD HAVE ONE LOL
>>
>>33579833
>Why hasn't a semiauto closed bolt model of the AA12 been made yet?
For some reason - manufacturers of military firearms seem to have an extreme hate for money. No one really knows why
>>
>>33581696
Holy shit.
>>
>>33581781
That is the joke.
>“A normal shotgun’s pellets disperse,” Baber told us on the cell, whilst pumping gas.
>>
first if all, if its "essentially zero recoil" why the FUCK is that gun on a stabilizing platform? the fuck defeat the god damn purpose.

secondly, people that shoots shotguns for sporting purpose have limited need for 20 shells full/semi auto. if I want one, I can get the vepr 12 with drum already, and that hype went nowhere.

in addition to 2nd, trap shooting 1 shell per, olympic trap, 1-2 shells per, double, well.. 2 shells per. 5 stand, 2 shells, skeet, 1-2 shells. three gun, currently, tube load is just fine, and no one want a god damn drum.

with the exception for maybe door breacher, or close counter, shotgun isn't going to win brownie points
>>
>>33579833
Because if it was closed bolt it would have recoil you fucking retard.
>>
>>33581035
That's close to how heavy a lot of sporting shotguns get, but those don't have drum magazines and recoil systems.

But the modern military has very limited uses for a shotgun anyway, which is why all the new shotgun ideas that aren't dead cheap and practical have never caught on. They aren't useful for sporting or hunting and a joke for HD so it's basically a range toy.
>>
>>33582850
A tacticool Mossberg 930 weighs 7.75 pounds. A Benelli M4 is 8.5 pounds. Comparing the XBOX HUEG tactical shotgun with an 18 inch barrel to 26 inch field shotguns is a mistake.
>>
>>33582976
I think the point was stop being a bitch, it's 2 more pounds for a 20 round automatic fucking shotgun that doesn't jam every three rounds like a saiga. Old men in plaid can walk around with one all day shooting at clays and still have enough energy to go home and fuck your mother.
>>
>>33579833
the open bolt is why it has low recoil, numbnuts
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.