[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Poor fag here, been wanting a semi-auto rifle to cover my bases

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Capture.png (866KB, 635x474px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
866KB, 635x474px
Poor fag here, been wanting a semi-auto rifle to cover my bases and got an Yugo sks from my friend for $300 burger bucks. How did i do?
>pic related

Also im thinking about doing the "bolt mod" and grinding down a part of my bolt to better accept detachable mags. i know detachable mags may looked down upon when it comes the sks, but i like the option to be able to use the stock box mag and detachable mags if need be. Can /k/ sks owners give me some advice, i have the tools, i dont want to make this gun too tacticool but just make it slightly more modern.

also /sks/ general i guess
>>
File: sksyugosmokebuildmk1.1.jpg (1004KB, 1912x2560px) Image search: [Google]
sksyugosmokebuildmk1.1.jpg
1004KB, 1912x2560px
I did it to my yugo. It still doesnt really feed as reliably as it should from those sorts of mags though.
>>
>>33579744
If you want a gun that has detachable magazines sell the yugo for 450 and put another 200 into an AK or Vz if you can find them, SKS are good guns but they become shit when you decide to fuck around and get mags that work only some of the time.
>>
>>33579806
>>33579869
I guess the next question is will the bolt grind mod effect usability when using the stock mag? and if my gun has relatively matching numbers should i? Will these yugos ever be worth something or are there too many for that to happen?
>>
File: sks_posp_1.jpg (68KB, 576x261px) Image search: [Google]
sks_posp_1.jpg
68KB, 576x261px
>>33580075
They are 300 bucks for a reason. You really arent going to ruin anything or any value. These arent collector pieces.

Gun will work fine with the mod.
>>
>>33580075
You can already sell your gun for a profit, they will probably settle on 500ish and then keep pace with inflation.

Keep it stock and spend the cash on stripper clips and ammo instead of fucking around with mags and bolts.
>>
File: 1486853090189.jpg (25KB, 320x386px) Image search: [Google]
1486853090189.jpg
25KB, 320x386px
>>33580075
I recommend not doing anything that isn't reversible. Besides, get good enough with stripper clips and you will never miss magazines.

Also stripper clips are incredibly small and handy, while aka mags are large and clumsy, even for mags.

It's your gun, but just put the money into getting ammo and getting gud. Also removing mass from a bolt is usually a bad idea.
>>
>>33579744
that's a good price
you done good
>>
I was lucky enough to get my first Norinco SKS for $350. My LGS had it for $450.
>>
>>33580125
Strippers aren't as cool as detachable unless they're girls.
>>
My local canadian Cabelas is selling full Russian sks for 180$ canadian. 2 stripper clips, a sling and a case. Thinking of picking up all they have and reselling.
>>
What's with these threads the last couple days?

>"Hey, /k/, I'm not a professional gunsmith, but I was thinking of taking a deadly weapon into my garage and using my Tim Allen power tools to do unapproved and undocumented modifications to it, which I'm sure would be a better idea than just saving up an extra $50-100 and buying a gun that comes out of the factory doing what I want it to." Can you give me some advice on how to do it?

Here's some advice: Buy an Xbox instead.
>>
>>33580353
Resale to this Burger my syrup loving friend.
>>
>>33580890
Op here, The mod is not hard at all its just griding untill the bolt matches an sks-m bolt. Which is easy to do since the point to stop grinding is very visible. Im just curious on if the gun would be worth something one day which is why i wouldent bother, But another anon answered that. Not everyone here is hopeless when it comes to basic modifications.
>>
Well given current world events it's possible no more sks or anything Russian will make its way into the market. Possible the prices will skyrocket.
>>
>>33580975
Every idiot who ever killed or hurt himself by Tim Tayloring something they weren't supposed to fuck with started by saying "The mod is not hard at all..."
>>
>>33580890
>unapproved and undocumented modifications

Didn't know about the sks magazine modification registry bureau before. Thanks for the heads up. I'll submit the application and see how it goes.
>>
>>33580975
>The mod is not hard at all its just griding untill the bolt matches an sks-m bolt.
why the fuck would you want to do this? do you even know why you would want to do this or just heard about it and thought it would be cool to do?
sks m/d bolt is different for ak mags which you arent shoving into your sks without significant gunsmithing and welding
you dont need to mod the bolt to make duckbill detachables work and duckbill detachables are the only thing going into your gun.
>>
>>33581306
The reason for the mod is to remove the mag without having to have the bolt open. Which makes fixing things like jams and double feeds safer. Seriously it takes 3 hands to take out a detachable mag otherwise. i would personally only use detachable mags over the box with this mod. This mod is also hardly uncommon.
>>
ugh, just leave it alone
sell it and buy something made for detachable mags, like a WASR

you could pretty easily get $350-400 on armslist
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.