[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where can I buy military issued mre's or very like ones?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_4513.jpg (41KB, 412x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4513.jpg
41KB, 412x310px
Where can I buy military issued mre's or very like ones?

All the ones I find on the web remove half the shit you are suppose to get with them.
>>
>>33579002
You clearly haven't looked hard enough. Try Ebay.
>>
>>33579002
You killed a thread for this, so I'll at least answer your question.

meal kit supply, sopakco are some of the brands.

mremarketplace.com, theepicenter.com
>>
>>33579002
I'm not telling you
they're mine
>>
>>33579077
>You killed a thread for this

Because you know patch, anime, and writefag threads are sooo /k/ related.
I want my 2006 /k/ back.
>>
>>33579539
You're right, actually.

Odds are pretty good that the bumped thread was garbage, I'd rather an MRE thread.

On topic, I've got some korean freeze-dried bibimbap pouches coming my way, I'm stoked.
>>
>>33579602
Post results, I'm curious.
>>
>>33579002
Whats everyone's favorite MRE snack?

First Strike bars are the shit, but I actually loved the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with that shitty bread.
>>
ll of the ones I've eaten say "for government use only" suggesting that you can't buy them commercially.

>tfw got a crate of them from the National Guard during a hurricane years ago, ate them for a week and built up a tolerance for them, so by the time I joined the military myself I was the only person in training not bitching about eating them.
>>
>>33579645
I actually like the crackers and the cheese.
The freedom cookies taste good but I never seem to have less than half of them broken.
>>
>>33579645
I haven't dug into my supply of MREs so I have little basis for comparison, but I also ordered some packets of MRE jalepeno cheese on a whim.

Ball-implodingly good on pilot bread.
>>
>>33579002
Gun shows or surplus stores. I'm sure you can find the proper ones online thru the right channel
>>
>>33579002
If you know anyone in the military you can buy them in the commissary.
>>
>>33579002
Got some US milsurp ones off amazon. Pretty good all around except for the chicken pesto. Why does it have to smell and taste like vomit?
>>
>>33579602
H-how old are they anon? I love bibimbap but it doesn't seem like it would age well
>>
File: bibim.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
bibim.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>33580525
I think they're new production, found them on ebay. We'll see if there's a date on there when they arrive.

From the pictures, I'm not sure what it has in common with real bibimbap. I can't imagine burdock or whatnot reconstituting from freeze dried state well, either.

But at least it's some variety (camping food for korean tastes) vs the rest of my back country menu.

I did some digging to try to find out who makes these things, didn't get very far as I do not speak gook and the pages are resistant to google translate (http://datrex.co.kr/ - click the guy on the top left).

Products with similar packaging are on amazon.
>>
>>33580682
I'm guessing it's good for when you need to pretend that you've already been shot.
>>
>>33579739
The cheese and crackers are the shiiiit.
>>
>>33579002
I get them off amazon. They have everything in them but they don't come with the box like the ones in your pic.
>>
>>33581009
I got one off amazon, from a vet run company so I almost felt okay about spending fucking $13 on a single MRE.

My local gun shop got in a bunch and was selling them for $7 each, which was a good price. Supposedly they will sell a case for $40 or something crazy, but they sell out really fast. Another surplus shop near me has tons of cases, I think they want $80 cash for the whole case which isn't bad.

>>33579645
Blueberry cobbler. I think it was in the "jalapeno beef patty" menu. Shit was so good, like little bits of flakey crust, blueberry preserve (with actual little blueberries in it), it was legitimately one of the best things I've eaten (as far as camp food goes).
>>
File: nice.gif (3MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
nice.gif
3MB, 444x250px
I'm guessing at least some of you watch Steve1989s vids. He always talks about http://www.mremarketplace.com/ when he talks about buying rations, but when I go there, none of the rations in the online shop are actual MREs, they're just civilian versions. Some do have the FRHs, but still, it's not the "real deal" so to speak. Have any of you guys bought from this place and/or tried any of the products? I assume they're very similar to military MREs, but in a civilian package.
>>
>>33581087
The makers of the "civilian versions" are the makers of the military ones. Why would they bother changing anything between the two?
>>
>>33579645
Oatmeal chocolate chunk cookie.
>>
2018 is going to be a great year for MREs.
We will be getting the pizza slice MRE and the new FRHs. Its hoping to be......Nice!
>>
>>33579002
Commissary has them
>>
Gun shows. At least in PA you can rely on 2-3 sellers hocking cases of 12 for $50, clean and non-ratfucked.
>>
>>33581821
Local flea market every Wednesday and Saturday. Milsurp guy sells cases of 12 for $50. You must be careful. Milsurp guy has cases from as old as 2004 and new as 2014. I bought a case from 2008 for $25. Worth it to get the Skittles that still had lime flavor instead of the shitty ass green apple.
>>
>>33582176
To be honest, I'm not too concerned with dates. I once bought a stack of MRE's from the 80s, in the old dark-brown bags. Ate 'em all over the months, and I'm alive. The things that go bad, like the chocolate bars, are incredibly obvious and easily discarded. Anything freeze-dried or sealed in a metal bag was A-OK.
>>
>>33579002
Amazon
>>
>>33581048
Bro a place down the road from me sells cases for 30 bucks.
>>
>>33582636
And where the hell is this?
>>
>>33580682
Probably just seasoned minute rice with meat and carrot bits.
>>
>>33581087
I've never understood why he gets sad about bloomed chocolate. Why not just melt it down and re-set it in the fridge? It'd be good as new.
>>
>>33582383
I browse /k/ for dank memes like this.
>>
>>33582914
U pički kurčevoj materinoj, that's precisely where all those bold statements are
>>
>>33583087
Plus it isn't like bloomed chocolate is bad to eat, shitty cheap milk chocolate tastes the same bloomed or not to me.

It's not like it's a nice 80+% dark.
>>
>>33583267
????
>>
>>33583968
Not that poster. Impossible to translate properly it's a favorite amalgam of Croatian/Serbian/Bosnian curses, roughly "(it is) in your mother's cocky cunt", meaning it's fucking nowhere and you won't get your answer from the guy you asked that question
>>
>>33579645
CHOCOLATE PUDDING
I WOULD UNIRONICALLY EAT THAT SHIT EVEN WHEN OUT OF THE FIELD
>>
>>33584077
I assumed something like that
>>
Has anyone witnessed apple butter in MREs? A coworker keeps mentioning it but in my 14 years I have yet to see it.
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (13KB, 226x300px) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
13KB, 226x300px
>>335790
I have a buffalo chicken MRE that I plan to eat in the next few days. They stopped making em a few years ago for some stupid reason. Tis my favorite MRE.
>>
I got a case in the mid 90s. Dark brown outer wrapper. It had an omelet in it. What Communist bastard thought inflicting that on our troops was an acceptable idea? I really liked that compressed cereal bar and the chocolate covered oatmeal cookie.
>>
>>33579645
Someones gonna puke at this but I love the wheat snack bread especially in the morning.
>>
>>33579077
interdasting links
>>
>>33584483
Nothing wrong with it as long as you have a cheese packet to go with it.
>>
>>33579645
Wheat snack bread/cheese my dude
>>
File: 1471494021801.png (17KB, 154x153px) Image search: [Google]
1471494021801.png
17KB, 154x153px
>>33579539
>implying anime hasn't always been here
It's a japanese owned image board, you dingus.

I guess I'm lucky, a local place near me carries full sealed MREs for like $9. I keep a few around for days where I've got work to do at my hunt camp and need a quick meal.
>>
MREs are nasty. Mountain House or some other freeze dry/dehydrated food.
>>
>>33579002
>he cant find MREs on amazon or ebay

also
>>33588548
>>
>>33579002
I like the enchiladas and the teriaki too
I even like the chicken if.... the sauce is not too blue.
>>
File: 4chan_scrolls_you.png (24KB, 559x484px) Image search: [Google]
4chan_scrolls_you.png
24KB, 559x484px
>>33584465
>mid 90s
>What Communist bastard thought inflicting that on our troops was an acceptable idea?
The cold war never ended, friend
>>
>>33579002
mreinfo.com forum
they have everything
>>
>>33579002
From the commissary
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.