[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Makes 1 attack >Has to return to port to reload

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 41

File: 1491671213803.jpg (57KB, 992x745px) Image search: [Google]
1491671213803.jpg
57KB, 992x745px
>Makes 1 attack

>Has to return to port to reload

How is this ok?
>>
>>33577211
>How is this ok?
Assuming my assumptions are wrong and you actually have shot a gun in your life...
You don't have to go get more ammo when you use all your ammo at the range?
>>
>1 Ship destroyed a whole airbase
this is why it's ok
>>
>>33577211
>Makes 1 attack
>By firing all 50 missiles
Gee I don't know, maybe you can figure it out...
>>
>>33577211
Its better than Russian ships

>Launch and lose two aircraft
>Has to return to port by tugboat.
>>
File: tumblr_lfkazb6IRx1qcvehpo1_500.gif (494KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lfkazb6IRx1qcvehpo1_500.gif
494KB, 500x200px
>>33577282
A BB could have destroyed the airbase and kept on pounding targets for a week.
>>
>>33577211
There are more on station.
>>
>>33577629
Keep trying. No one is bringing battleships back.
>>
>>33577629
An Iowa also required 10x's the crew a Burke needs.
>>
>>33577629
Pretty sure that airbase isn't on the beach.
>>
>>33577211
Because ships never function alone.
>>
>>33577629
Look man BB are cool and I wish they still had a purpose, but they've gone the way of the rigid airship and we'll just have to cope with that.
>>
>>33577211
Because they had to use sixty (60) missiles just to destroy one (1) airbase
>>
>>33577211
Because >>33577408, dipshit. And I'm pretty fucking sure that you don't need to go to a port in your own country to get things when you can just go to the nearest port that your country owns and have the stuff you needed flown to said port. Not only that, but UNREP of such a delicate piece of kit WHICH BY THE WAY is at least two stories tall and needs to fit perfectly in a tiny, precisely made hole, would be extremely hard and dangerous to do. So unless you can come up with a method of UNREP for VLSs without it ending up like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g46q-RUkAmc I recommend that you stop trying to be a passive aggressive shit.
>>33577629
As fucking rad as battleships are, no. Not happening. Not now, not for a long time.
>>
>>33577211
>How is this ok?
Gee, I don't know...
>>
>>33577629
Nah,it couldn't. Range is a thing.
>>
File: C6LqLqqWMAA49Rw.jpg (92KB, 1200x692px) Image search: [Google]
C6LqLqqWMAA49Rw.jpg
92KB, 1200x692px
>>33577888 (checked)

Also wrong. Are casualties not a thing? How long does it take to build a Burke? What percentage of our shipyards to the Chinese own? How many missiles do we have stockpiled?

Is America even a coherent country? If war breaks out, will our subversive domestic enemies prevent us from effectively fighting?
>>
>>33577912
>What is combined arms?
>>
>>33579427
Can't combine arms with useless outdated junk, or else you're sabotaging the rest of the fleet.
>>
>>33579427
What are you trying to say? Fucking slingload the Wisconsin to take it closer? The airbase was more than 25 miles inland, ain't shit you're doing about that.
>>
>>33579427
What the fuck are you even trying to say.

Are you going to get an amphibious landing craft to carry your battleship twenty miles inland? Because that's the only way your battleship will be able to engage that airstrip.
>>
>>33577629

Dude those cruise missiles traveled hundreds of miles to hit that airbase. You cant throw shells that far
>>
>>33580030
>Range 41,622 yards (38.059 km or 20.55 nm)
>23 miles or so
This is with 1940s ammo technology. I'm pretty sure if we did some jury rigging that thing will easily fly 30 miles.
That said, it'd be another thing altogether clearing the coastlines. There is a cost effective place for it for heavily fortified coasts compared to tomahawk spam - for a single airbase the tomahawk is probably the better option, but when you need to prepare a heavy landing without kuwait and saudi arabia conveniently next door...
>>
>>33580103

The range of a tomahawk is 1,500 miles. Why would you want to get your ship that close to shore to engage a target? The closer you get to your target, the greater the chance of getting hit By costal defenses
>>
>>33577408
They have 64 Tomahawks onboard each. At least my Burke and Spruance class destroyers did.
>>
>>33580103
The tomahawks did nothing, yes? The airbase was practically functional within a day, though some planes were damaged. What a useless exercise.
>>
>>33580256
The tomahawks did more than your worthless country could ever do in it's entire lifetime.

>Some
All planes were destroyed, that was the point.
All fuel storage, munitions, etc
VAPORIZED

Firing that many tomahawks at once is a show of force and nothing else. Get fucked europoor.

We just shot your entire defense budget at a strip of tarmac in the desert.
>>
>>33580304
They're flying sorties against civilians a day later.

Also, nice >Europoor

Fuck you. I'm in the states and I can obviously tell when my tax dollars are being wasted.
>>
>>33577211
>>33577408
60 missiles represented 1/3 of the magazine.

Do you put in a new magazine or keep fucking around?
>>
>>33580439
Learn to greentext
>Faggot
>>
>>33580535
No argument? Cute.
>>
>>33577282
lol nope only 1 out of 59 tonyhawx hit an harmless canteen. american trash plain and simple to much muh great society destroyed your military lol
>>
>>33580526
Depends. Are you there to make a pathetic show of force, or a real impact?
>>
>>33580602
Trying too hard. They'll ignore this.
>>
>>33577835
>he doesn't know the VLS has a crane built in and they could replenish weapons at sea if necessary
t. Served aboard a CG
>>
>>33577211

Because the US military isn't built to fight 1st world countries. Just poor third world ones. They can take all the time they want.

One because the US military is just a big money making scam. Second because any wars with real countries will just result in a nuke war.
>>
>>33577211
Learn the terms "underway unrep". As a side not I can guarantee there are one or two subs sitting there that can deliver the same on target.
>>
>>33580608
heh heh

"pathetic"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfWcXkgyzio
>>
File: 1491495803390.gif (4MB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
1491495803390.gif
4MB, 204x204px
>>33580048

>Some ships are designed to launch and support aircraft

>Some ships are designed to hunt subs

>Some ships clear mines

>Some ships are designed to kill other ships

>Some ships are designed with big guns to pummel shore targets and support amphibious landings over an extended period, with enough armor and active defenses to soak surprise attacks from the shore.

All the different ships have a role, they all work together to accomplish the mission. We have plenty of missile destroyers. We do not have any ships that can do what a BB can.

People who think we don't need BBs are assuming we'll never have to make a contested landing ever again. Much like baby boomers who think social security will never run out.

Pic related is American naval strategy.
>>
>>33580709
So it seems as though the attack didn't destroy any chemical weapons (the obvious target) and conventional attacks against civilians proceeded anyways. Pretty pathetic, and indefensible.
>>
Because the US is following up with boots on the ground
>>
>>33580836
Not happening.
>>
It's pretty obvious no TAAMs were in the loadout of either DDG. Otherwise that runway would be useless.
>>
>>33580807
Would this be the changed tactics after getting BTFO about the runway being a target?
>>
>>33578468
Nobody's responding to you because you are correct. If a real war broke out America would immediately devolve into a civil war simultaneously.

On paper our military is powerful enough to fight off the entire world. IRL we would instantly collapse if we ever had a real external threat. We would immediately have so many hostile disloyal domestic factions subverting our institutions and committing terrorist attacks we couldn't even act in a coherent manner.
>>
>>33580103
Methane/Oxygen potato cannons bro. It's the inevitable future of artillery. Both gasses can be liquified and stored safely over long periods, they are very cheap and commercially available in bulk. Even better, they can be manufactured with a simple chemical process on board with just electricity, water, and air. Nuclear big guns when?
>>
>>33580926
yep
>>
>>33580807
>chemical weapons (the obvious target)
The specifically avoided hitting possible chemical weapons
>>
File: 1480719135379.jpg (41KB, 707x490px) Image search: [Google]
1480719135379.jpg
41KB, 707x490px
>>33580709
>mfw that airfield looks like a landfill
>>
>>33578468
>>33580927
Nobody is responding because nothing is going to change your mind.
The U.S. is entirely capable of manufacturing and supporting what they need for wartime. They use other countries shit so they don't have to use up their own stockpiles. A civil war occurring during wartime is unlikely and they have a very well armed police force that would be able to take care of small rebellions if it occured.
That being said, I know it's fun to buck the system and yell "No, everyone THINKS they're amazing but I know better". So I'll leave ya to it.
>>
>>33581051
So the attack didn't disable runways, didn't disable chems, and didn't disable planes. Is that about it?
>>
>>33580807
>implying the ops from this base were not some PR stunt with no ammo and low fuel to act like the attack was a failure.
>not understanding politics and its relation to media and PR
>being this stupid
>so stupid I suspect just some vatnik drunk off some potato vodka
>>
File: Saturn 5.webm (3MB, 376x270px) Image search: [Google]
Saturn 5.webm
3MB, 376x270px
>>33581119
you didn't see all the destroyed planes did you?

https://youtu.be/LfWcXkgyzio

fuck off, retard
>>
>>33581154
Yet other planes were carrying full loads against targets a day later.

I don't think the attack was justified, and it wasn't effective either. Prove me wrong!
>>
>>33580927
you watch too much alex jones. You also think in binary or black and white. I agree to the degree of a korean war/vietnam level war. If our country is actually threatened what use would democrats have pushing us to lose. What your pathetic mind doesn't realize is the opposing party in our 2 party system will talk shit no matter what, to the other. I doubt you're even america based on this comment.

Democrats have nothing to lose and everything to gain by being against wars started by republicans and if they can spin that republicans are supporting it, then they are against it(the evil war mongers) with the intent of winning positions of power. The presidency being the big one. If our country was actually threatened to the point where both partys suffer to lose, then you'd see a united effort. Understand politics before posting some ignorant shit you dumb fucking yoropoor kid.
>>
>>33581119
Do demonstrate resolve and an intention to escalate if further chemical warfare is used.
>>
>>33580602
>chowhalls are the most critical part of an airfield
>>
>>33581092
"A civil war occuring during wartime is unlikely"

>BLM will immediately stop buring down cities and hating White people and somehow become patriotic

>Muslims will mysteriously sign up to serve in droves and pledge allegiance to the flag and praise the founding fathers and muh individual liberty

>50 millions Mexicans will magically start identifying as Americans and speak English and support the war effort

What planet do you live on

America is not a coherent country.
>>
File: 1488438960107.jpg (19KB, 478x571px) Image search: [Google]
1488438960107.jpg
19KB, 478x571px
>>33579427
>A BB (with an entire carrier strike group supporting it) could have destroyed the airbase and kept on pounding targets for a week.

I mean, I guess... but you see why this is stupid, right?
>>
File: carriers 2013.gif 850×1076 .png (214KB, 568x940px) Image search: [Google]
carriers 2013.gif 850×1076 .png
214KB, 568x940px
>>33580747
>We do not have any ships that can do what a BB can.

First off, you're implying that a BB can actually soak up hits. From naval gunnery, maybe, but modern shore-based AShMs would make short work of a massive, lumbering, anit-stealthy ship like that.

Think for a second: If the US is going to make a shore landing where we expect massive resistance, the enemy is almost guaranteed to have defenses that will not only protect the beach, but also quite a bit of ocean behind it. So you can either have a carrier strike group flying strike and SEAD missions against ground and air targets, or you could have a BB sitting relatively close to shore, lobbing shells with relative inaccuracy, and taking up more resources as you would have to have additional vessels supporting it that close to shore.

Essentially what you're saying is that if you had a choice of the most powerful guns in the world to go plink targets with, you'd rather run out on the range and hit them with a hammer.
>>
File: merica feels3_small.png (444KB, 733x881px) Image search: [Google]
merica feels3_small.png
444KB, 733x881px
>>33581320
That's what the FEMA camps are for.
>>
>>33581320
>implying blm is burning down cities
>implying that a war with a major Muslim nation wouldn't garner support from other Muslims because the only people who hate Muslims more than Americans are Muslims.
>Implying a massive boost to our war economy wouldn't incentivize immigrants to seek permanent citizenship and increase our workforce, or give the current administration the go-ahead to just start throwing them out.

Yes, because every non-white person in America hates America.

Fuck off, /pol/smoker
>>
>>33581215
America was like 90% White during Vietnam. This is not the same country anymore. White children under 5 are already a minority. These people don't even identify as Americans. We're just an airport shopping mall to them.

If our country ever came under an actual external threat they wouldn't be willing to sacrifice anything and would not obey our authorities. Why would they? They are a different people. Non Whites are not American. They're only here to take advantage of the peaceful and prosperous society that White Americans built.

If they had any sense of loyalty, nationalism or patriotism, they would have stayed home and worked to make their own countries better.

You are either delusional or a taquiyya posting shitskin.
>>
>>33581510
>>>/pol/
>>
>>33580747
>We do not have any ships that can do what a BB can.

We don't have any ships that can do what a trireme can either. Doesn't make them useful in itself.

People who think we don't need BBs are assuming we'll never have to make a contested landing ever again.

Missiles and bombs from naval aircraft can do what bb shells do except better and with less risk to the ship.

>Much like baby boomers who think social security will never run out.

Social security is a scam. The sooner it's ended, the better.
>>
>>33581510
>Implying white people in America aren't all shitbags that got kicked out of Europe
>>
>>33581464
Mitt Romney pls go. Nobody believes your civic nationalism Boomer bullshit anymore.

>Muh immigrants boost GDP

>Muh magic dirt

>Muh America is not a unique nation, it's an idea! Anyone in the world can be an American if they just to tap their heels together and believe in liberalism!

I don't want America to become Brazil. No amount of autistic screeching about muh Constitution will stop that from happening if our demographics become like Brazils. This is not complicated. Demographics is destiny. America is a White country or it's not America anymore.
>>
>>33578468
>Are casualties not a thing?

Yes, but that isn't reason why there are less Burkes in service than built. There are 5 launched ships and 3 those have been delivered, but those haven't been commissioned yet.

>How long does it take to build a Burke?

Two or three years to actually build the ship and outfit it to operational status, depending on factors like shipyard capacity and is ship actually new variant of with upgrades, those always take extra time to outfit and to take trough sea trials. Also shipyard capacity is often tied to upgrading and overhauling existing ships.

>>33581510

During Vietnam US military industrial complex had not completely subverted entire armed forces leadership, highest level military leadership were people that had been battle tested in WWII had massive amount merit behind their rise trough ranks instead of peace time hq musical chairs game. 70's and 80's is the time when most armed forces around world lost their common sense.
>>
There is some quality 100% weapons related posting in this thread. Quality.
>>
>>33581205
But it was justified.
>>
>>33577273
>He doesn't bring a portable reloading bench to the range
>>
>>33581510
This. Non-whites can be residents but this is not their country. Three hundred years of history are not undone because Obama was President.
>>
>>33581801
Bombing doesn't help those families.However, a concerted US + Russian intervention could fight ISIS while paving the way towards regime change.
>>
>>33577437
only one tugboat? Must be good of day Ivan
>>
>>33577773
And I'm pretty sure an Iowa modernized to use railguns wouldn't care.
>>
>>33581205
>Prove me wrong!

The single Su-22 that escaped harm means the strike was ineffective!
>>
>>33582032
I am pretty sure the airbase is still not in range of railguns that do not exist on a ship that was nearly junk in the 1980's.
>>
>>33580602
I wish that you would get banned for this post.
>>
>>33581816
Especially niggers, who invited them here anyway?
>>
>>33582032
Or a clean sheet nuclear powered design. It's a gap in our capabilities, we need it.
>>
>>33582300
The only way to make true reparations is to repatriate them back to Africa. If we don't, the future BLM equivalent will still be raping White girls and destroying cities White men built 1000 years from now. This will never end until they are physically removed from our society. The only other option is South Africa. They'll eat us alive.
>>
>>33582250
Sorry, but it looks like this pathetic exercise will be contained by Congress. No sense wasting munitions for minimal effect.

Also, what was the goal, exactly?
>>
>>33580709

These guys need to put some of those missile pieces on ebay. I'd like one as a paperweight. Especially one from the syria attack.
>>
>>33577211
Why she got the old 5 inch gun and not the new one ?
>>
>>33577629
Dude. Let it go. Their time has come and gone. Battlewagons aren't coming back. Go visit one on a museum tour. Be happy you get to do that.

And please stop sperging about BBs on /k/. You're detracting form the 4chan experience of all of the other anons.
>>
>>33582686
Raytheon shill pls. Nobody from /k/ is a customer for your overpriced missiles. Just give up.

You are the eternal numale, trying to abstract the messy reality of war away with abstract computers and comm links and drones and missiles and such. Your delusion is that you can somehow make it clean. If only you didn't have to account for fog of war, if only we never had to take casualties. It would all be so perfect in your mind.

Real men know that real wars always require men to get close and get bloody.

BBs will return when the real war happens, updated and stronger than ever. Screencap this post.
>>
>>33583134
>battleships are still relevant
Why? How? In what role?
>Because I beat off to ship girls
>>
>>33581464
War breaks out, people start playing nice or the war time powers act of 2023 ass rapes them and presses them into menial combat support roles until the government is done with them. The government is not the average man's friend, it's the tyranny of the majority manifested in a buracracy.
>>
>>33582300
The Dutch, and people who would become slave owners.
>>
>>33577629
The Iowas only carried 32 cruise missiles, so no. You'd have to have at least two to deliver the same payload, while one Arleigh Burke can carry 90-96.
>>
File: 3Nll2VN.png (25KB, 676x548px) Image search: [Google]
3Nll2VN.png
25KB, 676x548px
>>33583208
Lolbergs get the fuck out.

/k/ is a fascist board.
>>
File: 1486842854153.png (14KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486842854153.png
14KB, 1080x720px
>>33583299
This is the official flag of /k/
>>
>>33583532
Stop. Go back to /pol/
>>
here's the thing. these ships are good at range, but what will they do if they encounter another warship that is closing in on their reference points for aiming? they have to then call in air support to try and get them away but then what? what if they have an air fleet of their own? the reason this works is because you're just dealing with groups that are disjoint.

to extend from this, i think the US is only strong in numbers right now, both in fleet weaponry and soldiers. the issue they have is that the layers of defense they COULD follow, brown book wise, is completely disregarded for the economic efficiency of short term military strategic planning devoid of long term national geopolitical attacks due to the state of peace this exists. you guys have a big force, but its spread so far out that you have no pressure as a result, and the time it would take for you to zone in would be too long to handle an initial strike that's on the national scale right now.
>>
>>33578468
What is even going on in that graph. The information was conveyed in the worst possible way.
>>
File: full autism.jpg (15KB, 448x227px) Image search: [Google]
full autism.jpg
15KB, 448x227px
>>33583134
>You are the eternal numale, trying to abstract the messy reality of war away with abstract computers and comm links and drones and missiles and such. Your delusion is that you can somehow make it clean. If only you didn't have to account for fog of war, if only we never had to take casualties. It would all be so perfect in your mind.

thank you for the laughs anon
>>
File: sistine bait.jpg (144KB, 2500x1645px) Image search: [Google]
sistine bait.jpg
144KB, 2500x1645px
>>33582032

>And I'm pretty sure an Iowa modernized to use railguns wouldn't care.
>>
>>33583299
>>33583532
>>33583208

Fuck off /pol/
>>
>>33577282

damage was minimal, almost all the missiles were shot down, base is fully operational as we speak.
>>
File: the most important question.jpg (216KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
the most important question.jpg
216KB, 640x482px
>>33581646

>Muh pure white Aryan genetics

>Muh superior medieval heritage

>Muh eternal demographics

God did not curse the moth or the worm as much as he cursed the /pol/fag
>>
>>33581510
You are fake news
>>
File: aqbQXqZ_460s.jpg (28KB, 460x258px) Image search: [Google]
aqbQXqZ_460s.jpg
28KB, 460x258px
>>33582377
>BLM equivalent will still be raping White girls and destroying cities White men built 1000 years from now.

>/pol/acks actually believe this
>>
>>33584407
Anon, if you could try writing that in a coherent manner instead of whatever the fuck drivel you spewed out, it would make calling you a dumbass a little bit more fun.
>>
>>33584710
>almost all the missiles were shot down
Except of course, the 58 that hit the airbase.
>>
>>33582032
That is true. It wouldn care since Iowas engines is compleatly worn out and useless, so It wouldnt be able to move anyway.

Well, you could rebuild the engines, by literally cutting the ship in half, but at that point you might aswell just build a new battleship
>>
>>33584979
Russian mod knew immediately how many hit, western disinfo came later. Only 23 got through Syrian air defense.
>>
>>33585011
23 still had a motherfucker of an impact if
>>33580709
is real
that would've been fucking cool to see. 23 thousand pounds of fuck shit up raining down
>>
>>33584979

Only 23 made it, 62% failure rate

wew
>>
The most important thing is that the "invincible" S-300 and S-400 meme is now over. The vaunted Russian air defense was shown to be a paper tiger and Russia is now raging and butthurt.
>>
>>33585023
>wow, air defense actually sometimes defends airspace
retard
>>
>>33585036
The Russians intentionally did not attempt to intercept, and the Syrians do not have significant air defenses because they're not fighting anyone with an air force.
>>
Russian air defense now looks weak regardless of whether it works or not. Every potential customer will now demand extensive proof these systems work and substantial discounts before even considering a purchase. Russia is going to lose huge amounts of money because of this perceived failure. This missile strike was a HUGE loss for Russia.
>>
>>33585073
Trump literally called ahead so we wouldn't dunk on any Ivans and they turned off their AA.
>>
>>33582032
I'm pretty sure you are a dumb b8-er.

The attacked airbase is about 85 kms from the shore, about 53 miles...railguns fire in a straight line and the Earth is round. Enough clues?
>>
>>33585085
Also, >talking about modernizing the Iowa in 20-fucking-17
>>
>>33585032
Got any 'proof' that they actually fired a single missile?

The attacked airfield is about 133 kms from Latakia Air base where the S300s and 400s are located. At that distance the S300s is already at a disadvantage, so only the S400s would have been effective.
>>
>>33585011
>>33585023
>trusting Russian MOD over the Pentagon on anything
>literal pictures showing more than 23 craters, released by the Russians
>multiple strikes per target is not a thing
>>
>>33585105
It shouldn't be a thing with a 2 million dollar guided munition.
>>
>>33585094

If Russia didn't fire a single missile that may be proof their air defense systems really don't work. And what about all the other systems like the Buk, Pantsir, SA-6, etc? Any potential purchaser of Russian military hardware is going to have a lot of uncomfortable questions that Russia may be unable or unwilling to answer.
>>
>>33585085
>railguns fire in a straight line and the Earth is round
Anon, I agree that BBs are not a good idea, but you just went full retard.
>>
>>33585108
So, because they're expensive, assuring target destruction shouldn't be a thing? They weren't worried about the missiles missing, rather they could be shot down or might not kill a target in one hit.
>>
>>33585105
The Russian mod has a pretty good track record so I trust them more thank jew servants
>>
File: angries.png (956KB, 841x849px) Image search: [Google]
angries.png
956KB, 841x849px
>>33584815
What a great idea the immigration act was
>>
File: ussporterflag.jpg (53KB, 980x653px) Image search: [Google]
ussporterflag.jpg
53KB, 980x653px
>>33585108
>guys its a nuke, you don't need multiple for that hardened target
>nah I don't need a double tap, of course he's dead
>no I don't double-lock my doors, the key lock will hold it
>>
>>33585076
From the sound of things, I don't think Trump deliberately notified anybody; instead the Pentagon (not wanting to kick off WWIII over a stupid dick-waving exercise) notified Russia under the pretext of the deconfliction agreement (which Trump is/was probably totally oblivious of).
>>33585120
If you spend $2 million on a single fucking munition, it damn well better be effective enough to assure target destruction on its own.
>>
>>33585142
>Pretending that $2mil is a lot of money for ordinance
>Pretending target redundancy isn't a thing

Guess how I know you don't know how artillery/missile strikes work.
>>
>>33585011
>before and after sat pics is disinfo

Lel
>>
>>33581154
Fantastic wemb.
>>
>>33577629
>A BB could have destroyed the airbase and kept on pounding targets for a week.
no, an iowa class could not carry a week's worth of shells in its magazine
>>
>>33580439
a weapon unused is a waste of tax dollars, kid.

that the weapon was used for its intended purpose means that was the opposite of wasted tax dollars. i think i hear your mommy calling you.
>>
How comes pic related is less lethal than rifle ammo?
Is it because of rifling and ballistics (terminal velocity)? Is it because of the shape (penetration vs. impact)? I thought mass is all that matters
>>
Who cares about potential and pointless interceptions. The point is that the 6 millions of tamahawks only destroyed 6 oldass planes, a radar and a canteen.
The airbase was fully operational the next day.
>>
>>33580747
>Some ships are designed with big guns to pummel shore targets and support amphibious landings over an extended period, with enough armor and active defenses to soak surprise attacks from the shore.

which is to say, OBSOLETE. you waste words.
>>
>>33585256
Gosh I'm an idiot. I thought I was opening a new thread.
>>
>>33585262
its ok this thread sucks anyway
>>
>>33584815
>Black* population keeping itself in check
>>
>>33580128
Bump!
>>
>>33585257
yeah but now we can buy more missles
>>
>>33585257
>if a single plane takes off the base is fully operational.

Kek
>>
>>33577211
It's okay because it takes a lot of fucking ammo to disable a large area like a runway. I'm guessing the ammo capacity is classified. 60 missiles were fired total. 1 failed to navigate to the target. Let's assume each boat fired 30 tomahawks. Pic related looks like a 6x6 battery, so let's roll with 36. That leaves 6 missiles per boat in case of emergency on their way to rearm. That's still a LOT of fucking missiles, used to decimate a large fucking area. Of course it's a huge waste because the US govt is raped by contractor rates, but 59 rounds of accurately placed high explosive is a pretty fair accounting of a nation's capabilities. The runway supposedly is active again, but whatcha gonna do. Those Soviet era jets could probably take off on improved dirt.

I still hate the fucking Navy though. Motherfuckers get all the budget and cool toys but don't have to train nearly as hard as the other branches. Fuck them.
>>
>>33585256
Even though you didn't mean to post it, remember that KE=mv^2, so velocity provides a lot more energy than mass does. That being said, too much velocity, and not enough mass, and you don't effectively transfer energy to the target.
>>
>>33585441
Each ship has a front and back VLS magazine totaling 96 cells. Each Cell can hold on TLAM, SM series, or four ESSM quad-packed in there. Reports say that one ship launched her entire TLAM complement of 50 missiles and the other only launched eight for reasons. Likely so they have plenty left over on one ship so it can stay on station in case a secondary strike is called for.
>>
>>33581510
>non whites are not Americans

No U

>if they had any sense of loyalty, nationalism, patriotism, they would have stayed home and work to make their own countries better

>says this
>leaves Europe

memes asides

>worked to make their own countries better
The US is my country, I was born here and I'll probably die here. I don't know any other country, my mom was born in Florida, my mom's mom was born in Texas and my mom's mom's mom was born in Texas. I probably have more American born family members than you.

>if our country ever came under an actual external threat they wouldn't be willing to sacrifice anything
I would fight to my last breath then come back to haunt the enemy because I am American and also not a pussy. People not wanting to give their lives fighting for America is not just race issue, it's an ideology issue.

>would not obey authorities
Well, authorities would tell people to stay inside and out of the fight. I would not obey that.

>>33581646
>autistic screeching about muh constitution
lol
>America is a white country or it's not America
Since America was founded on beliefs of individual liberty and shiet, I'd say that America will cease to be America when our liberties have have ceased to exist.

tldr: something something weapons not politics, get out.
>>
>>33582032
Reminder that the Iowas are literally 1940 tech, even with upgrades they are hopelessly outdated, designed to fight opponents which no longer exist. Everything about the design is obsolete. You'd be much better iff with a clean sheet design incorporating over 70 years of advancements in naval architecture, weapons systems, electronics and propulsion.

I could see a role for a 15-20 kton 8" gun cruiser with AEGIS, SM2/3/6, ESSM, and a few VLS, and CIWS, with armor to resist the impact of missile residue (and compartmentalization to limit the effect of hits), but there's practically no target a 16" will kill and an 8" won't. Considering the range of L/52 155mm, a saboted excalibur fired from one would have good range for when guided rounds are required.
>>
>>33585085
>railguns fire in a straight line
Railguns are guns. They shoot projectiles with mass, which obey the laws of gravity.
>>
File: Adrastea.jpg (137KB, 547x300px) Image search: [Google]
Adrastea.jpg
137KB, 547x300px
>>33580048
>Are you going to get an amphibious landing craft to carry your battleship twenty miles inland?

Clearly we just need to build some of these.
>>
>>33585111
Trips of truth. Instead of BBs, we'll call them Railgun Cruisers, so as not to imply that they have fucktons of armor to weigh them down.
>>
Russians still butthurt the S-300 and S-400 and Pantsir proved to be worthless ha ha
>>
>>33585032
Source?
>>
>>33585702

The Russians themselves admitted it. The general that does the PR briefings said they don't know where 36 of the cruise missiles went. If that's true, it means the Russians couldn't track them on radar.
>>
File: cybrandestroyer.jpg (39KB, 435x326px) Image search: [Google]
cybrandestroyer.jpg
39KB, 435x326px
>>33585568
Or some of these
>>
>>33582686
>4chan experience
>>
>>
>>33584632
Not that guy but it's a pretty simple fucking graph, desu
>>
>>33585685
You know its Reddit when you have this guy
>>
>>33585441
The two ships were a Flight I and Flight II Arleigh Burke, meaning 186 VLS cells in total.

1/3 of their capacity was expended.
>>
>>33580439
>against civilians
>>
>>33585270
Thank Margaret Sanger the Eugenicist
>>
>>33585023
>>33585018
You can't count the fucking impact craters.

23 targets hit, 2-3 missiles per target. One bunker had 7 holes in it.
>>
File: 1414159155268.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1414159155268.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>33585108
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1485272091928.jpg (38KB, 658x565px) Image search: [Google]
1485272091928.jpg
38KB, 658x565px
>>33580587
>n-no argument heh BTFO

K. Not him but man you're a fag
>>
File: 1408485236565.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1408485236565.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>33588701
>>
>>33581510
>>33581816
Fuck off to /pol/
>>
>>33581510
this is the reason America will fail in combat. Muh Great Society has back fired and weakened a once great country
>>
>>33581464
civil war plus all the external wars will collapse this country! get ready boys and fend for your fucken lives
>>
>>33581320
> blacks
Less than 13% of the country and falling. Roe v Wade
> Mudslimes
Mostly black, 0.9% of population
> Beaners
Marine Corps.
>>
File: 1487125524833.png (708KB, 1007x569px) Image search: [Google]
1487125524833.png
708KB, 1007x569px
>>33585568
needs more wheels.
>and beam rotors
>>
File: s077536011-300.jpg (635KB, 2000x1144px) Image search: [Google]
s077536011-300.jpg
635KB, 2000x1144px
>>33588684
44 targets, only 14 were doubled. The one that looks like it was hit by 7+ was a ammo dump and those were secondary explosions.

Two aircraft shelters were spared, likely by the booster separation failure that caused one missile to crash into the ocean shortly after launch and the one that was disarmed and aborted after a guidance failure (the one that crashed in Lebanon).
>>33577813
That's about right, really, though if we were going to really be thorough, you'd shoot another 10 in delayed fuse mode to crater the runways and another 5 of the mine deploying submunition model to make it so repair crews have to wait for ROD crews to remove 600 mines from the rubble.
>>33581119
All the important facilities of an airfield, mainly the refueling stations, repair depots, and munitions storage got wrecked.

As did all the air defence radars, SAM control stations, and all but two of the aircraft shelters.

The airplanes that survived were junkers stored outside and the two that were targeted by the two missiles that failed to reach their target, but in the end, airframes are a small portion of what makes a couple of pilots and a bunch of mechanics/admin people into an air force.

Runways are unimportant, any clear stretch of highway can play substitute, it's the other facilities that make a fighter base, and those got shrekked.
>>33581205
>>33584710
>>33585011
>>33585018
>>33585023
Pic related
>>
>>33590668
ur mental gymnastics are ridiculous. just give-up already usa is finished
>>
Maybe China, India and Turkey will now cancel or limit their planned S-400 purchases?
>>
File: 4S4c9h3.jpg (159KB, 700x609px) Image search: [Google]
4S4c9h3.jpg
159KB, 700x609px
>>33583299
>/k/ is a board of an ideology that specifically denies the ownage of guns for citizens

Kill yourself
>>
Russians screeching uncontrollably at their humiliation in Syria. No more S-400 stronk meme.
>>
File: im right youre wrong.png (79KB, 800x742px) Image search: [Google]
im right youre wrong.png
79KB, 800x742px
>this thread
>>
>>33591116
>this assblasted

Cry some more homo vatnik.
>>
File: dsfgsadfg.jpg (33KB, 533x354px) Image search: [Google]
dsfgsadfg.jpg
33KB, 533x354px
>>33590240
>>33590254
>How can you detect kremlinbots?
>Unfortunately, you need some personal experience from facing them. But their main red flags are: high aggressiveness, general stupidity, wide use of propaganda cliches such as: yurop is on the verge of societal collapse, the USA is on the verge of economic collapse, muh massive shootouts in the US, muh refugees in Europe, muh radical LGBT madness everywhere in the world, everything you've been told and taught is a lie, RussiaToday is the sole credible news outlet, Putin is a good boy he dindu nuffin, and so on and so forth. Their most beloved tactics are: whataboutisms, blatant ad-hominem, avoiding the subject, appeal to emotion instead of logic, shifting the argument.

the russian tears are making this even sweeter.
>>
>>33581119
>didn't disable the planes
Did you not watch the video?
>>
>>33581510
>America was 90% white during Vietnam
Read a fucking book, you nigger.
>>
File: 1491674897909.jpg (385KB, 662x644px) Image search: [Google]
1491674897909.jpg
385KB, 662x644px
>>33592128
>Muh IADS
<Muh EW

Well it cant be helped. Their entire state of the art defense export line just got pummeled by old stock missiles.
>>
I think it's almost guaranteed there will now be some form of armed conflict between the US and Russia. I don't think Trump or even his military advisors understand how much Russians worship their air defense systems to a degree that borders on insanity. I think it's because Russian propaganda about the "invincibility" of the S-300 and S-400 allows the average Russian to feel some sense of immunity and even superiority over the much stronger US.

After the Syria strike, that illusion of invincibility has been publicly shattered for the entire world to see and the average Russian is no doubt feeling powerless and weak. For Russians, the apparent impotence of their air defense is a humiliating defeat comparable to the sinking of the Russian navy at Tsushima.

With elections coming up, there is no way Russia can back down in Syria without risking a collapse of their current government. Likewise Trump now realizes that a US victory in Syria is the only thing that will allow him to maintain his popularity and avoid accusations of collusion with Russia. With both sides unable to back down things can easily go to the point of conventional armed conflict or beyond.
>>
>>33592786
>that illusion of invincibility has been publicly shattered for the entire world to see
They didn't even turn them on.
>>
>>33592842

Nobody posting here knows if that's true or not but that's not the point. The S-300 and S-400 were present in Syria and did nothing. That's what the whole world saw and that's what the Russian public saw. Can you imagine the questions that foreign arms buyers will ask the next time Russia tries to sell the S-300 or S-400?
>>
>>33592891
The fact that they didn't want to enter into direct conflict with the US navy doesn't detract from the supposed capabilities of their air defense system.

If your going to interpret it as a loss for Russia at least realise that it is a political loss and not a military one.
>>
>>33592924

War and politics exist on a continuum and a political loss can be far worse than a military loss. Russia has now lost a tremendous amount of credibility with its few allies in Syria.
>>
>>33579427
>argues a BB would have been more effective at destroying an airstrip than a Burke
>requires an entire battle group and magic to succeed
>>
>>33592842
Trump lobs missiles into Syria and destroyed a bunch of hangars, planes, fuel depots and munitions bunkers.
So what does this have to do with Russia? Lots of things.

1) Syria saw that Russia did nothing to help defend their assets.
2) Assad now is under the notion that Russia is talking about his future behind his back without his input
3) Russia's presence is designed to prevent countries like the US from striking Assad. Now they know it wont stop the US from doing hitting him.
4) Russia loses credibility as a protector.
5) Russian air defense actions was noted to be extremely absent.
6) Russian propaganda about a massive umbrella of air defense to destroy cruise missiles, planes and drones are exposed as empty boasting.
>>
File: abu shit.jpg (21KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
abu shit.jpg
21KB, 720x405px
>>33592786
>>33592891
>Likewise Trump now realizes that a US victory in Syria is the only thing that will allow him to maintain his popularity and avoid accusations of collusion with Russia

Doubt it. He and everybody in his administration know there's no undoing that screeching. More likely than not, both him and Putin get to walk away with small political victories. Trump looks like a decisive, measured, anti-Russian statesman, Putin gets to proclaim he made the Americans stand down, both walk away to their own business.

>After the Syria strike, that illusion of invincibility has been publicly shattered for the entire world to see and the average Russian is no doubt feeling powerless and weak. For Russians, the apparent impotence of their air defense is a humiliating defeat comparable to the sinking of the Russian navy at Tsushima.

They weren't even on. Come on, I'm no vatnik, but this is ridiculous.
>>
>>33593236
Russians have been throwing massive amounts of propaganda about their air defense systems. Fact is, even without being turned on the US was able to show how empty that boast was by lobbing missiles and hitting targets inside syria.
>>
>>33593108
Those are all good points. I really wonder if Trump was fully briefed and fully understood the military-political dimensions of this strike. The military damage produced by the strike was fairly inconsequential but Russian confidence and credibility was totally shattered in front of the entire world. Russia may now have to do something to restore their credibility.

A rule of negotiation is that you don't back your opponent into a corner unless you are done talking and are ready to fight or accept their surrender. If Trump wanted a path that will lead to war he certainly picked the right one. Imagine what the US response would be if it were placed in the same position Russia is in today.
>>
File: 1475826423004.jpg (33KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475826423004.jpg
33KB, 720x480px
>>33577282
>destroyed a whole airbase

The one which carried out combat sorties against terrorist sand nigger targets the very next morning?

Nice try Israe.. I mean America. Your pet Jihadists are gonna get murdered.
>>
>>33593439
If Trump did order it, he turn to Mattis and say "make them pay". Mattis would then turn around, tell his assistant "play ball" and next thing you know it, two US destroyers lob 60 missiles towards a single airbase. Mattis has more political acumen than most people would give him credit simply because he understands how political games work with regards to military action.

The strike was heavy, but fairly limited and gives both Syria and Russia a way out. For all intents Russia is always cleaning up after Assad. Every time Assad makes a major mistake, Russia cleans up. Eventually they will clamp down.
>>
>>33593463
> combat sorties
Yeah. With the organic refueling capability destroyed and the base magazines tomahawked, if they did land new planes there and take off again, they were truck serviced and could have used a nearby road just as easy.
>>
>>33593503
Exactly, the nature of the strike was very pointed. We didn't blow the runways, which is the normal way to disable an airfield during an invasion (it's the most efficient way to disable an airbase RFN, but it doesn't keep, you can return the to service just by filling the craters with gravel if you have to), we didn't kill a ton of dudes, and we didn't attack their infrastructure.

Instead we took a decent bite out of Assad's air force and smashed the base faculties in a way that will take weeks to make right.

It's as limited an escalation possible, but still a stern measure.
>>
>>33593515

You know you're mentally ill?
>>
I don't see how the airbase was seriously disabled. On the video I saw from Anna News the control tower was still standing and some radars were still intact. That means the ground controllers can probably communicate with aircraft and do traffic control. Fuel is likely brought in on trucks anyway so they can refuel jets directly from trucks even if the airbase storage tanks were hit.
>>
>>33593586

No news story that I've seen has made a clear distinction on how many operational planes were destroyed and not just hangar queens that are used for parts or decoys.
>>
>>33593586
Usually in the fuckery that is geopolitics, sometimes countries would give their rivals a way out to prevent escalation. Often at the cost of the loser's global political standing.

When the first major Syrian chemical attack happened the US was ready to bomb the living crap out of Syrian forces. Assad was saved because a verbal flub by Kerry's mouth allowed Russia to propose an agreement. US was then humiliated and Russia wins the day, allowing Syria to continue unmolested. Russia gives the US a way out, at the cost of US credibility.

Fast forward to today, US conducts a very limited but powerful military action. Russia is humiliated because it did nothing to help nor deter the attack, giving its credibility a kick in the nuts. US gives Russia a way out by limiting the strikes to the chemical attack origin and allowing Russian forces to get out before Syrians knew what was coming.
>>
>>33593636
No, I'm fine, but your IQ approaches room temp if you think that an airbase without the ability to rearm, refuel, or repair its fighter jets is functionally any better than any other piece of level, straight tarmac.
>>
>>33577629

Wouldn't have the range, and no, they could never carry that much ammunition.
>>
>>33581320

>BLM will immediately stop buring down cities and hating White people and somehow become patriotic

BLM is a statistical blip that's already run it's course. The average black person knows better, who gives a shit.

>Muslims will mysteriously sign up to serve in droves and pledge allegiance to the flag and praise the founding fathers and muh individual liberty

Another statistical blip, most American muslims are either black & not affiliated w/ Arab groups. Also going to be socially conservative because muh religious values.

>50 millions Mexicans will magically start identifying as Americans and speak English and support the war effort

As this anon says >>33590339 the mil is already chock full of Mexicans. Path to citizenship? You're not going to have trouble manning the Corps.
>>
>>33581646
>America is a White country or it's not America anymore.

It was never a white country anon. It was a segregated country, and that's not the same thing. Literally been

>A bunch of Euros that couldn't get along because they brought their religious shit over with them
>Injuns
>Mexicans
>African slaves

Since inception.
>>
>>33593236

I didn't say the Russian failure to defend against the airfield strike was militarily equivalent to their defeat at the Battle of Tsushima. That's obviously not the case. I said that for Russians the degree of humiliation is very nearly the same. In both cases, you have a supposedly powerful element of the Russian military that is shown to be totally impotent in actual combat. It's really the Russians' fault for all their bragging and propaganda about how powerful the S-300 and S-400 are.
>>
>>33577835

> at least two stories tall and needs to fit perfectly in a tiny, precisely made hole

Your mother's been talking about me again I see.
>>
>>33594090
America has historically been a ~90% white country.
>>
>>33585085
>railguns fire in a straight line and the Earth is round

Bro, do you even physics?

Or did you mean LAZORS?

Railguns fire projectiles which have mass. Unless the DoD has some CRAZY tech they don't want us knowing about, those projectiles will still be affected by gravity, and thus follow ballistic trajectories determined by projectile speed, atmospheric drag, and gravity.

And if they did have some crazy anti-grav tech, I highly doubt they would put it into artillery shells they were launching into hostile areas. Wouldn't want Ivan reverse-engineering THAT.
>>
>>33585441
For some reason the concept of improved dirt fucking cracks me up. I want that on a T-shirt. IMPROVED DIRT.
>>
>>33585441
>I still hate the fucking Navy though. Motherfuckers get all the budget and cool toys but don't have to train nearly as hard as the other branches

cant speak for the combat and weapons rates, but those dudes train a lot. they're always doing scenarios and sims involving enemy ships, subs, and small boat attacks. they train all the time because that's all they have to do. each combat rate has a modifier that includes that specific sailor in the maintenance duties, and that's an incredibly small percentage overall. they're like army infantry: if they aren't actively shooting shit, they're training.

t. snipe

gse is the best rate in the navy. engineman niggers can fuck off.
Thread posts: 206
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.