[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Deny link between guns and suicide >Deny single men

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1394677007584.jpg (24KB, 244x209px) Image search: [Google]
1394677007584.jpg
24KB, 244x209px
>Deny link between guns and suicide
>Deny single men range rental
>>
does /k/ deny those things? i thought we just didn't give a fuck.

if you wanna shoot yourself, go ahead have at it. i hope you don't but it's really not my problem and i cant stop you regardless.
>>
>>33575645
What's the point in shooting rented guns anyway unless you are trying a gun to buy I don't see the fucking why.

Just to make something go bang?
>>
>>33575645

There is no positive correlation between firearms and suicides though.
>>
>>33575660

Same reason people drive rented cars, especially around a track.
>>
>>33575660
>what is trying new things
Why are you such a forgot
>>
>>33575654
/k/ doesn't deny it but it sure as hell doesn't encourage it either. The more gun-related suicides that happen, the more likely gun laws are to get tighter.
>>
>>33575662
Of course there is. Even proguns know this.

Every change in firearms laws trades suicides for murders, robberies, and rapes. How many rapes is one side worth? I don't know, but that's the calculation both sides of the debate are making when they change gun laws instead of addressing real problems.
>>
>>33575660
the same reason i rented the 9mm AR last time i was at the range

looked neat and it wasn't something i had

but then again, i own guns

i have a friend who rents a gun once a month and has no guns, but he says its because he lives in a party house, where there's also a felon on probation.

He wants to get good with guns before he moves out, so he's more comfortable owning one.
>>
>>33575880

So the number of guns in South Korea, Sri Lanka, or Lithuania are the reason for their high suicide rates? Why doesn't the US have higher suicide rates?
>>
>>33575880
>Of course there is. Even proguns know this.
There is a correlation between firearm-related suicides and firearm ownership, but it is a nonsensical argument in firearms-related discussions, because one firearm suicide is equivalent to one suicide by other means - the method changes, the outcome does not. Furthermore, the state ought not to regulate items for the sole purpose of meddling in the private matters of individuals.
>>
File: 1490480930591.jpg (1013KB, 2592x3888px) Image search: [Google]
1490480930591.jpg
1013KB, 2592x3888px
>renting a gun
That's like paying a woman you can't even fuck to dance in front of you.

Its all blue balls cuck-tier behavior
>>
>>33575880
You are retarded. Do you really think there a suicidal person would choose not to kill himself just because he doesn't have access to a gun? You are shockingly stupid.
>>
>>33576270
>because one firearm suicide is equivalent to one suicide by other means - the method changes, the outcome does not.

That's not entirely true. Studies show that ease or availability of the method can increase the likelihood.
>>
>>33575880

So then why does No Guns Worst Korea have soo many suicides retard?
>>
>>33576316
It is far easier to buy a rope than to buy a gun, your argument is terrible.
>>
>>33576287
>Real men rush into purchases of guns without having tried them first

It's premature ejaculator tier.
>>
>>33576366
He's right though, at least about studies showing that suicide is a very abrupt decision- something that could be prevented by simply having the means locked in a safe. Likely ties into those random illogical thoughts the human brain occasionally forms.
>>
>>33576366
Denying reality won't make it change. Sorry.
>>
>>33575645
I take it you've never lived in Japan. I used to live in Yamanashi Prefecture, on the north side of Mt. Fuji, a few miles away from the infamous "Aokigahara Jukai" - the hideously popular suicide spot where they do a sweep every spring and always end up pulling out a few dozen bodies. The problem is so bad that they have signs up along the local hiking trails telling people not to do it and to think of their families.

And of course, anyone who regularly takes the subway in Tokyo knows that once every week or two, you'll be delayed due to a "human-related incident" - which is Japan Rail's euphemism for someone having thrown themselves in front of a train. Thankfully, JR has gotten extremely efficient at cleaning things like this up quickly; they have to be, because it happens so much that if they weren't, the trains would never get anywhere. Let me emphasize that this is such a common thing to happen that residents of Tokyo (and Japan's other big cities) simply shrug it off as one of the minor inconveniences of modern life, the same way that residents of LA shrug off smog and traffic jams.

The Japanese seem to have no trouble finding ways to kill themselves, and do so very frequently, in a place where civilian gun ownership is almost completely banned. It seems to me there's a lesson to be learned here.
>>
>>33575911
Don't forget Japan. Also /noguns/ country but those Nipsters like to off themselves.
>>
>>33578035
Japan has a high suicide rate because the authorities have a habit of writing off unexplained deaths as suicides.
>>
>>33578187
You got a source indicating that is actually a driving force in their high suicide rate?
>>
>>33575880
>this entire post
You're fucking stupid.
There's correlation between firearms ownership and firearm suicide, yes; That makes fucking sense, if you have a gun, and are considering suicide, most people's first thought would be to use the gun.

There is NO correlation between firearms-per-person in a country or whatever statistic you want to use and suicides, however.
>>
>>33575645
>Owning a gun will make you want to kill yourself
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.