[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know I'm asking for trouble and that both have well-developed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: yarJ7WfdKiAkE[1].gif (276KB, 500x251px) Image search: [Google]
yarJ7WfdKiAkE[1].gif
276KB, 500x251px
I know I'm asking for trouble and that both have well-developed factions with their own containment threads (which stop them from arguing out precisely this point), but...I need to decide quickly whether to invest in an AR or AK. Please help, /k/!
>>
>>33571413
How about you go ask each thread? Or maybe try QTDDTOT?
>>
>>33571413
If you're in the US, AR all the way. The overall platform just has so much consistent quality from top tier to bottom tier that it's far and away the best choice.

With that said, if you had a strong attraction to the AK, that is also a good option but be prepared to spend more to get quality commensurate with an AR-15.
>>
>>33571413
Assuming you are in the USA, your best option is an AR15. This is mainly due to their surplus amount of parts and rifles that makes them cheap ($500 minimum price you can find available). Their modularity in switching uppers, caliber conversions and massive aftermarket provides a wide variety of options to build or buy. Spare parts and magazines are a none issue. Assembly of an AR15 is easy, that a kid can do it, and they do. Barrel headspacing and assembly utilizes a simple vise and wrench, with many youtube videos to show you how its done. Unlike AKs that currently have issues in finding a quality rifle that won't blow up or break after 1-5K rounds and are more complex to assemble for the average joe (Let alone $100-$200 more expensive for a cheap, quality AK) you are better off getting an AR15
>>
>>33571413
How about you do research on each one and then come up with your own conclusion on which one suits your preferences better?
>>
>>33571413
What do you want to do with it, and where do you live?

I think the AR is a better weapon, but it's not like there aren't reasons to want an AK (Chief amongst these should be "I want an AK).
>>
>>33571413
If you can have only one and live in the US, the AR-15.
>>
>>33571413
Hold them both, shoot them both if you can.

The AK is more fun to shoot, the AR is more fun to tinker with because there're damn near infinite possibilities.

But be warned that the AR is definitely more vanilla than the AK. You WILL get bored fairly quickly.
>>
>>33571413
ARs ARE CHEAP RIGHT NOW, AKs ARE SPENSIVE!

BUY BUY BUY ARs

NOW NOW NOW

HOPE AK MARKET IMPROVE LATER SO

YOU CAN BUY THAT TOO
>>
>>33571440
>How about you go ask each thread?
The fuck is the point of that, any results are going to be extremely biased

I'd get the AR first, AK when you can afford it too
>>
>>33571440
>expecting any sort of reasonable discussion from /arg/
>not that i'm suggesting /akg/ is any better, i've just never been there. i'm sure it's quite awful too
>>
Get both.
What are you, poor?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.