[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homless /k/ommando sationed in az here. Anyone else have homeless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 18

Homless /k/ommando sationed in az here.

Anyone else have homeless /k/ experience? I enjoy walking around alone pretending i'm playing dayz. Unfortunately i haven't found any abandoned infrastructure to loot (not gonna break into owned homes) but i do get a lot of time spent inna desert. I had a little propane burner to cook things but it got stolen when i was at work one day (my fault for not hiding it enough during that single incident). So now i start small fires but i hate the smell of smoke so i dont do it often. It'd be nice to build some type of generator for energy and i could cook with electricity but im afraid of it getting damaged or stolen while im away.

So how about a survival/experience thread while being half integrated with society?

By the way im getting an sr22 soon.
>>
there are resources for people in your situation. you can get help for free.
>>
>>33567162
Go to like Walmart or even a sporting goods store they sell propane burners for cheap
>>
>>33567162
I don't care what anyone says, living out of my SUV felt like true freedom.
>>
>>33567162
I would like to try it someday. That baseball player who makes millions does it because it's enjoyable.
>>
>>33567337
Make/model? Im in a dodge journey.

(Captcha is being a whore on my phone. Sorry for limited replies)
>>
>>33567162
What job do you hold?
>>
>>33567309
Walmart is where i got the other one. I might get a box to bury in order to hide things. Tips on caching?
>>
>>33567337
How do you into hygiene? Like where do you shower?
>>
File: 34782df2.png (996KB, 885x664px) Image search: [Google]
34782df2.png
996KB, 885x664px
>>33567381
Mitsubishi Montero. It's pretty much ideal for living out of since the rear seats with the 50/50 split middle can turn into various pieces of furniture. Plus it was fun to travel around on backroads.
>>
>>33567384
Dishwasher/delivery/inventory/part-time cook at a restaurant. I try to do it all to get me plenty of hours
>>
>>33567419
I didn't see this before I replied but I could hang a curtain on the rear door (it swings out to the right) to the rain gutters and I had a portable shower. I was in the Southwest so that's how I heated the water. If you're in a colder environment you can tap into the car's cooling system to exchange heat to a reservoir, but I still don't know if I'd want to shower outside in cold weather.
>>
>>33567421
Nice. I cant post a picture of mine because i keep getting errors but mine is almost soccer mom status (look up a red dodge journey) so i cant really do fun off road shit
>>
Should i make a structure of some kind? If so, what exactly? Fence an area off to keep predators out? Hut? Some type of bridge over the creek?
>>
>>33567162
I have a feeling this is going to be me when I finish college.
>>
>>33567731
Its okay man. Im in college too and already live like this. Except im going for engineering so i will have a job.
Also found a dead dog
>>
>>33567162

more posts/pics op. I wanna know more about your daily activities. How many hours a week do you work? what do you get paid? where do you shower etc? What do you eat? do you have alarm etc on your truck?
>>
>>33567535
Anything is better than a sedan for living in. That was horrible. I wish you luck and feel free to ask questions.
>>
>>33567933
I have a radio i listen to a lot. I walk around and pretend im playing /k/ approved video games. I have a laptop and can use my mobile data on it or just use my phone for internuts. I work at a restaurant so thats how i usually eat. I work about 30-45 hours a week. I have class two days a week. I'm single and dont have friends so im quite lonely. I also practice singing a lot but hardly play instruments anymore..

Also making a spear. Gonna try to find some bone or a rock that'll do justice
>>
>>33568086
Sedan would fucking suck. Sorry m8.
>>
>>33568106
i like your attitude anon. 9/10 would play /k/ approved IRL desert AR games with. At least you're spending a good amount of your time working/at school otherwise you'd probably be drinking/on drugs/bored and depressed, like regular lame homeless people. Do you manage to save an okay amount of $? from your job? Are you planning on saving to rent a place or are you happy with your current sitch?
>>
>>33568180
Thanks for the high approval ratings. I dont really save much because gas and ammo are expensive and i still have to pay for food at work (50% off). I get real bored and depressed easily and im even on medication but i still try to be a cool dude and do interesting things other than panhandle outside of a Circle K
>>
>>33568258
You in ok relations with family? If something goes to shit you could use a roof over your head, since friends aren't that much of an option.
>>
>>33567876
I'm in for Marketing at my college after I switched out of criminal justice. I just have no idea what I want to do with my life. I'm in Ohio too as opposed to the desert.
>>
>>33568271
Not gonna earn much bread with that, go STEM or go home. Start working on a trade be a hobo plumber or HVAC tech or something that will get you secure bread.
>>
>>33567876
Do yourself a favor and get an internship or coop. If you dont youll likely end up in my boat which is possess a chemical engineering degree with no (related) experience and no one will hire me. Thankfully my parents are cool enough to let me live at home and i work at a fucking shooting range to earn a little bit of money
>>
>>33567162
There are resources for you, you have options for shelter housing, especially for homeless college students.
>>
>disgusting dirty hobo cooks food for other people
how is this allowed
>>
>>33567162
Is...is that my truck seat?
>>
>>33568303
I have no will for STEM. I'm on the GI Bill right now. Life just kind of lost it's luster after the military.
>>
>>33568357
Get some random degree and go for officer?
>>
>>33568325
do you never eat at restaurants? have you never worked at one?
>>
>>33568357
go finance and then get MBA and go work at a bank.
>>
>>33568371
I don't think they want me back that bad. I was medically discharged for a couple reasons. One for a sleep issue and another for my vision continuing to worsen.
>>
>>33568270
I dont speak to my family except for my younger sister (i cant truly feel love so there's no real attachment other than little sister and i think the rest of my immediate family are a horde of fools).
Im probably gonna get a gun next payday so renting a place out wont be an option for at least another month.
>>
>>33567162

What part of AZ are you in? I'm in N PHX.
>>
>>33567433
Bro they gonna fire you for being stinky
>>
>>33567162
>By the way im getting an sr22 soon.

Nigga get yo self a house soon!! I mean unless your cool with being homeless, than hell more power to ya man.
>>
>>33567448
Jesus christ, get a fucking gym membership you retard. Cheapo fattie catering places like Planet Fitness are seriously like 10 bucks a month and you can have all the hot water you could ever ask for and I'm pretty sure the membership counts nationwide. You can even snag a quick bout of cardio and watch the news while you're there, so it's well worth the investment even if you're broke as fuck. Learn2homeless.
>>
>>33568491
There weren't any gym locations where I was, retard. If you're in the middle of a city or even densely populated town you're going to have a bad time living in your car.
>>
>>33568522

Nigger I lived off a motorcycle for 5 months, everywhere from the most remote parts of the Rockies, to the middle of LA, and everything in between.

I didn't have a bad time.

I always found a place to shower.

It's not that hard.
>>
>>33568522
That's not even remotely true. I parked in my friend's driveway for 7 months while living out of an old van and kicked him 50 bucks a month for the privilege. You just suck ass at being homeless.

Tip: you still need to maintain a social network or you're going to be miserable and get stabbed by a meth addict.
>>
>>33568433
Globe.
>>33568463
I stay clean, but i also remain curiously unstinky. I was told i smell like vanilla and window cleaner.
>>33568469
Yeah im totally willing to hold off on a house for a new gun.

In town now. Picking up check. I might see about getting an axe. Or browse some other tools for potential use.
>>
>>33568790

Globe? Man what a shithole. Why are you there?

I know Globe as the place I stop to get Taco Bell or McDonalds on my way to ride through the Salt River canyon.
>>
File: gon.png (57KB, 800x750px) Image search: [Google]
gon.png
57KB, 800x750px
>>33568790
tfw when homeless dude in hicktown AZ is doing better than /nogun/ cucks and europoors with his SUV, job, AR15 and ammo. Godspeed, anon
>>
>>33567162
If you didn't mind being in corn land you could come north and work for a custom combine crew. They pay a dumb amount of money and usually provide a place to live.
>>
>>33568086
Word. I did 6 months in a VW Rabbit convertible. I'm glad the military gave me a high tolerance for suck, because that sucked.
>>
I admire your lifestyle and willingness to rough it. I have a camper shell on the bed of my truck and thought I might live in it for a few months. But I bitched out and I'm renting a room month to month. Too tempting to have running water, climate control, internet, and a mattress. I did a 4.5 month hike awhile back and I was always damn glad to get to a town for resupply, shower, toilet and bed for a night or two. I thought I'd be tough as nails after the hike, but I don't think I changed much. I do appreciate the modern accouterments more now, maybe a bit too much.
>>
>>33567162
ok ok i get having a gun just incase, but your fucking homeless and have no way to shower or cook food and you are about to drop $500 on a rimfire pistol.

dude get an apartment or move in with someone, get a mailing address and look for a normal fucking job or move to somewhere where you can find a normal job.

like seriously why suffer for no reason?
>>
>>33567419
When I was homeless i had a minimum wage job. Part of my paycheck went to a gym membership so i could have a locker and a shower as a kind of home plate.
>>
>>33568311
Apply to P&G they hire chems left and right. But you must be willing to move every 3 years.

Maybe aoply as a line tech if your grades sucked.
>>
Wow, all you poor degenerate losers. So sorry the Mexicans stole your jobs and have to live in your cars or the streets. But hey, you got your priorities and purchased some firearms, right?
>>
PS- Sorry guys, but how can this "New York City Liberal Commie Coastal Elitist" NOT have any disdain for you "Flyover" tards? You have every opportunity (in fact I would say even more) than I had?

The only reason you are homeless or were homeless for 5 months or 5 minutes is because your shitty attitude, or "cultural heritage."

You earn the reputation you got.
>>
>>33569895
in some places if you cant get out, this is what happens. not to mention if he tries to leave, and his car breaksdown, now he is stuck to pan handling.

im not condoning what these fucking retards are doing just giving you a perspective. its not like the city, you cant just walk majority of the time.

me for instance the next large town is over an hour away, if i ever gave up like these shit heads id probably die.
>>
>>33569895
There is practically no work or opportunity in many small towns. Its easy to end up totally fucked if few things go wrong in quick succession.
>>
>>33569641
Go to sleep mrcc. You're drunk.
P.S. mr. Purple cloak would like a word with you.
>>
>>33569136
Thank you friend
>>33569641
I have modern conveniences to a pretty good degree but it is more expensive to mobilize it rather than have it as utility
>>33569820
I have a great job.
>>
>>33570021
I'm sorry you wouldn't be able to survive. However, I'm doing fucking great.
>>
>>33570107
>I have a great job.
>>33570147
>I'm doing fucking great.

Yes, clearly you are.... homeless anon... doing fucking great. What is it that you do?

Just join the military and get it over with you fucking degenerate. Start bitching about the libbies on the coasts and begin you life of misery
>>
>>33570259
Read the tread. I already mentioned my job and that im also working on an engineering degree.

What im doing is totally /k/ approved except for the faggots like you spreading /b/ approved cancer.
>>
>>33570259
Oh and as far as the military goes, i have lung damage from valley fever (happened before i was homeless) so i couldn't join. As far as homelessness goes, i was living with a guy who became an alcoholic. I bolted and found i enjoy being inna woods. Why are you such a baby about getting a little dusty?
>>
>>33567162
I did the wasteland wanderer thing in Arizona for a few years, Damn near killed me, but made me a hell of a lot stronger mentally. The place where i was had a shitload of abandoned houses, and a few homesteaders that I could do labor for.
>>
>>33568491
Don't those fat fucks have Pizza Night once a week? Sounds perfect for a hobo
>>
>>33570689
as long as you abuse trucker gas stations for proper showers i dont see whats wrong

you're in school
you have a job
you're okay with the situation

that being said, save save, save, save, save you're precious money.

If you're mobile buy no more than one gun, and keep it securely locked away, or bring the bolt in with you for extra good feeling or some shit. (you've already mentioned you've been stolen from, people MIGHT know to rob you again)

that's pretty awesome you're able to live like this
but you better be fucking abusing this opportunity to save money like a crazed cuck and eventually buy a dope house/cabin in 2 years

dont let us down faggot.

>>33568491
oh shit, this is actually a perfect idea

clean showers on the daily
and you can still live innawoods

and also a place to relax when the sun is hitting to hard
>>
>>33567162
stop begging for money off the 101 and get a job
>>
>>33568372
This. Southern "restaurant" chains regularly hire the destitute. Hell, fast food ones do too.
>>
File: cyrus you fuck.jpg (68KB, 625x609px) Image search: [Google]
cyrus you fuck.jpg
68KB, 625x609px
I have a question for you homeless types. How do you keep "legal" with your trucks and suvs? Having mandatory insurance and all that? Does the part time jobs help? Or do you ride dirty?
>>
>>33571152
The "theft" was relatively innocuous. I laid it beneath a bush in an area not uncommon for people to pass by. I sleep at pulll-off near the entrance to a walking trail. Vehicles are not allowed but people drive through there pretty often. The pull-off area where i stay is not so commonly pulled into but people will sometimes park there to hike or to shoot. But there is another area before reaching the pull-off that is better for shooting and usually keeps people from coming this far. I just didn't hide my shit right and i was glad for whoever made such a good find (fully assembled propane burner in pristine condition? Livesaver in the apocalypse for onr, imminent deathbfor the other if he doesn't have enough to go around. I keep myself afloat and people don't fuck with me. I'm prepared as fuck if someone tries.
>>
>>33572410
God damn it. Im on my phone and shit got fucked up when i was typing. I cut the wrong section because i couldnt highlight it right and i was too lazy too proofread
>>
File: 1484501800113.png (685KB, 574x555px) Image search: [Google]
1484501800113.png
685KB, 574x555px
>>33570147
>However, I'm doing fucking great.

youre homeless living in a car, with scarred lungs, a beater rifle, a dead end shit job, and dont shower regularly.

"great" is the last thing you are.

its whatever tho, you will be just another nameless bum the police find with stab wounds.
>>
>>33567421
I have a 2000 Honda CRV and I've always thought about living in it, the thing is like 90% empty space. I've had the thing forever too, sometimes back in high school I would drive to the beach, fold down the back seats, and me and my gf would spend the night in the back. good times
>>
File: 1490236007031.jpg (123KB, 667x862px) Image search: [Google]
1490236007031.jpg
123KB, 667x862px
>>33567162
Ya I live in a motorhome. Houses are overrated. I would recommend getting one. You can get used ones for under $1000 if you look around.
>>
>>33572529
Greetings fellow traveler.
I dont have the best place to park one but if i did I would totally go for it. I'm better off with a tent i think.
>view from car at night
>>
>>33572628
>>
>>33572802
kek
>>
OP here

I thought I'd mention that I'm the guy with the ptr chambered in .243 that used to post it all the time in ptr threads. I haven't posted it in a while but i remember a lot of old time /k/ommandos were familiar with it.

By the way, does any one remember AridZone? I haven't seen any of his post in a long time, nor have i seen post from any other old time tripfag. Has the golden age of tripfagging come to pass?
>>
>>33573196
Forgot pic
>>
>>33573206
I have the optic on it for meantime lulz. I would like to get a 1.5-3x zoom. Most guys make their ptrs into dmr platforms. I'm going more "tactical battle rifle." A lot of people seem to reject the idea but i very much enjoy shooting it this way. The izh axion is a kobra clone and i got it in a trade. I plan to get rails on my ak (already black polymer) and want to see about a new stock too. So i got the axion ahead of time since i couldn't pass the deal up.
>>
>>33572802
I recognise that gay blowjob.
>>
>>33573269
Where do you keep your guns? Don't you worry about your car getting broken into?
>>
>>33571229
Someone answer this please.
>>
>>33569157
Like how much money, how many hours per week, and is the work steady, or just a couple months out of the year?
>>
>>33571229
Also wondering this.
>>
File: BadDay.gif (48KB, 736x527px) Image search: [Google]
BadDay.gif
48KB, 736x527px
>>33568357
>>33568378

CFA Fag reporting in. Don't do this. Comp sucks across the street. Even if Trump repeals the punitive parts of Dodd Frank, it'll take five or more years for the industry to recover.

The only people making money right now are asset managers (which thankfully I am one) but the road to get there is hard and seriously competitive. Also, eventually this business will die, but before that, the economy will go tango uniform and you'll be standing with a $100k in graduate school debt wondering why no one wants to pay a MBA $150k/year.

STEM
Accounting (Seriously, always jobs for them and CPA is way easier than CFA)
Economics
Finance

-Anything else, unless it's really specific like Mortuary Science or something, is literally like lighting money on fire.
>>
File: Shitty home on wheels.png (809KB, 808x631px) Image search: [Google]
Shitty home on wheels.png
809KB, 808x631px
Kinda on topic. Thought about getting a used class B RV (van with shower/pooper). Then see how long I can live and sleep in it. My township frowns on RVs as a whole but a B could slip by. There are gyms with $15/mo membership 24/7 for showers and what not near my work. They would let me park in the lot after dark if asked.
>>
>>33575473
in my city there is a huge main highway under which there are thousands of open parking spaces, a lot of people from adjacent neighbourhoods park their cars for free. I've seen at least a couple of people parked in RVs for months at a time under there. Adding to that there are a shitloads of big box store complexes with huge, and sometimes lowkey parking spaces. You could 100% get away with doing that here. Could be a cool way to save $$$ on living costs, spend on funs
>>
>>33567162
Look up guides on diy stoves. The most common is the soda can penny stove, which uses rubbing alcohol as a fuel source, but there are also guides on wood gas stoves made out of soup cans. Those are probably more helpful since you can just gather sticks and shit.
>>
America is so fucking awesome, could a European ever dream of cruizing Europe continent wide with an AR15 and handguns in their car, living out of their car? FUCKING A I LOVE AMERICA, I am so glad I left Europe.
PS. I too lived out of my car for a year with a glock19 and a shotgun a while back.
>>
>>33575437
what about becoming an electrician? I know I'll make at least 100k a year when I'm done with my 5 year program.
>>
>>33575614
pfft. Why does everyone aim for 100k right out of school/program. Build up a client base. Aim for 60k-80k. Show you are good. Eat the cost of some of the projects. Either in tools or left over materials for the next job.
>>
>>33567162
What all guns do you have? How do you store them in your vehicle? This was a dream of mine to drive across Canada with nothing more than what I need to camp for extended periods of time, my brush gun, and my 10/22. But I guess I better adult and get back to reality. God bless OP
>>
>>33573436
>>33575685
I have 12 guns. Ar, ak, ptr, a few .22 rifles and revolver, shotgun, a nugget, .30-06 ruger American.. i have most in storage. I keep the ar 15 and two handguns in the car.
>>
>>33575903
Why don't you sell a few, and rent a cheap apartment till you can buy the same guns back with the money from your job?
>>
>>33575437
>Accounting
fuck that, be an auditor, they make a decent living and are always in demand
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.