[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My research paper topic. Pic related. Discuss. “Would gun control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

File: 1491579647538.jpg (507KB, 2500x1362px) Image search: [Google]
1491579647538.jpg
507KB, 2500x1362px
My research paper topic. Pic related. Discuss.
“Would gun control legislation reduce the frequency and the number of mass murders in the United States?”
>>
>>33564718
http://www.gunfacts.info/
>>
File: 1489708204793.jpg (56KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
1489708204793.jpg
56KB, 500x412px
>>33564718
No look up asian countries gun laws then the death ratio of knife attacks. If anything "less gun control" scares criminals away from muggings robbing or random thuggery becuase they know they might get shot. use google and go away

sage
>>
>>33564718
Of course it would, after a long while when all guns in circulation have either been confiscated or destroyed. Similarly, of course banning all cars would result in less traffic deaths. The question is whether the loss of liberty is worth it, and the answer is it never is.
>>
Fuck off. I'm not doing your homework for you.
>>
OP here i go to a school full of Liberal fags btw
>>
>>33564763
He said mass killings, not mass shootings.
>>
File: 1441920795230.jpg (35KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1441920795230.jpg
35KB, 351x351px
>>33564718
Frame the argument what is considered further "gun control?"
>>
>>33564828
It's also worthwhile to present more workable solutions to reduce the mortality rate country-wide from mass-murder events that also pass constitutional muster.
>>
>>33564718
Ill say yes, but only if you went to the extreme. Im talking investigations into gun owners, mass confiscations, neighboors and friends narcing on gun owners for profit, that kind of thing. Britbongistan would be the wild west compared to the totalitarian system im thinking of.
In fact OP, i thinks that how you should write it. Take an antigun stance, build up to it, and climax with the stripping if all personal rights.
>>
>>33564828
Pump actions, lever actions and bolt actions are next. Here is the logic path they will follow to ban bolt actions, WW1 had bolt action rifles used. Ergo bolt actions are weapons of war. Just use a bow if you want to hunt. Bows and arrows were used during the Plains Wars and in European wars, bows and arrows are weapons of war. Lever actions were used In the Spanish/American war and WW1, lever actions are weapons of war. That is where it will go.
>>
>>33564718
Yes, but only if we give up our knives and open our borders as well
>>
>>33564803
Yes he did. What of it?
>>
File: Assault Pressure Cooker.jpg (47KB, 960x598px) Image search: [Google]
Assault Pressure Cooker.jpg
47KB, 960x598px
>>33564910
All mass shootings are mass murders. Not all mass murders are mass shootings. If someone intends to kill a large group of people, there are many other ways, most of which are easier to escape from without being killed or apprehended.
>>
>>33564863
And then take note of who still approves.

Those are the ones you want to somehow gain leverage on for later.
>>
>>33564958
Yes, there are other ways. What's your point?
>>
>>33564975
The assertion that getting rid of all guns will reduce the frequency or lethality of mass murder events is flawed. Substitution of means will absolutely occur. To what extent, I don't know, but even if the substitution rate is not 100%, repeat offenders are more likely with bombs and arson. How many years was the unabomber active?
>>
>>33565008
No, the assertion is solid. Guns are more reliable and easier to use than pressure cooker bombs or other IEDs, which require at least a modicum of knowledge and planning to put into effect, and much more lethal than knives. Most mass killings are made with firearm for a reason.

Since they are more reliable and easier, most people gravitate towards them when choosing their method rather than explosives, and since they are more lethal than bladed and blunt instruments, more attacks are going to be classified as mass killings if you remove guns from the equation.

The logic is sound.
>>
>>33565069
Where is the data?
>>
>>33565069
>more attacks are going to be classified as mass killings if you remove guns from the equation.
Less, obviously.
>>
>>33565095
Data for what exactly, the fact that guns are more lethal than bladed instruments and easier to use than explosives? Please.
>>
>>33565069
you should stop pulling shit out of your ass.
>>
File: Mass shootings.jpg (32KB, 600x380px) Image search: [Google]
Mass shootings.jpg
32KB, 600x380px
>>33565132
The data for the initial assertion that mass murder rates and lethality go down. They are already statistically very rare events.
>>
>>33564718
>gun control legislation

There are a shit load of different laws that constitute "gun control."

I don't think any of them work besides licensing, which is a direct violation of 2A if you're a burger.
>>
>>33565163
Maybe you should put some effort into your trolling.

>>33565175
If this was a school assignment, you'd get an F for failing to answer the question.
>>
>>33565213
>Data for what exactly [...]?
>The data that supports your initial assertion
>YOU DIDN'T ANSWER THE QUESTION!

Did you practice to become this obtuse or does it come naturally?
>>
>>33565271
What initial assertion? It's a fact that most mass murders are made with firearms.

Or are you claiming that the amount off mass arson, IED attacks and mass stabbings equal or exceed the amount of mass shootings?
>>
>>33565287
Initial assertion: >>33564763
>Of course [gun control legislation] would [reduce the frequency and the number of mass murders in the US]

>are you claiming that the amount of mass arson, IED and stabbing attacks equal or exceed...
See: >>33565008
Substitution is my concern.

If you can't follow a conversation, why bother participate in it?
>>
>>33564866
Is that a copy pasta? I might be retarded and confusing it with something else
>>
>>33565319
You cannot make a claim that you cannot prove. We can only observe the weapon of choice of mass murderers and their attributes. Most choose firearms rather than any other method because it's most readily accessible, easy to use and require the least amount of knowledge to operate. If you remove guns, the amount of mass murder will go down, because there is no other method that fills the same niche as firearms.
>>
>>33565384
Fireworks and pressure cookers are much easier to acquire even in the US. Gasoline is easier still. Both methods are more likely to have the perpetrator escape than a mass shooting.

You made the claim that removing firearms will reduce the rate of all mass murders, not just mass shootings. I challenged that assertion because you provided no data to even show a correlation, let alone a causal link between the two. You telling me "You cannot make a claim that you cannot prove" works against your own posts more than it does mine.
>>
>>33564718
Most mass murders (mass shootings) are perpetrated by either registered Democrats, individuals from heavy left leaning families or are in general left leaning themselves. The answer seems quite clear, ban anybody who votes Democrat from owning guns.

Granted if you do anything to attack or even not follow the left ideas on this paper you are looking at a C at best and you have a high chance of failing the course overall.
>>
>>33565410
>Fireworks and pressure cookers are much easier to acquire even in the US. Gasoline is easier still. Both methods are more likely to have the perpetrator escape than a mass shooting.
That supports my side of the argument. If fireworks, pressure cookers and gasoline were as effective and easy to use tools of murder as guns, mass murderers would use those instead of firearms.

Anon, please. You can look at the number of mass stabbings, arsons, and pressure cooker attacks and see that the numbers don't match. Stop being silly.

We can also look at countries where guns are harder to acquire and see that people don't suddenly start mass stabbings, pressure cooker bombings or mass arsons and find out that they don't really happen. The current rage seems to actually be driving a truck into a mass of people, but the last attack in Sweden didn't even classify as a rampage killing.
>>
>>33564866
>>33565342
Yes, it's copy pasta from an image that's been floating around /k/ for a while and he thinks he's really intelligent by rehashing it.
>>
>>33565384
>If you remove guns, the amount of mass murder will go down, because there is no other method that fills the same niche as firearms.
this is objectively false. At the very least, automobiles fill that niche nicely.
>>
>>33565496
>guns are harder to acquire and see that people don't suddenly start mass stabbings, pressure cooker bombings or mass arsons and find out that they don't really happen.
ummm....
>>
>>33565496
Timothy McVeigh killed 186 with fertilizer. Mohammad Atta killed 3000 with box cutters.
>>
>>33565893
>Timothy McVeigh killed 186
He killed zero. ATF employees and their children are not people
>>
>>33565893
Mohamed Salmene Lahouaiej-Bouhlel killed 87 with a big truck and a heavy foot.
>>
>>33565938
I didn't say what he killed.
>>
>>33565642
I can attest, cars are great weapons

especially against spic roadragers that are dumb enough to exit their car in order to fight
>>
>>33564718
>My research paper topic. Pic related. Discuss.

Fuck off and do some fucking research. If you're too lazy to go to the library your technology fees pay for to talk to a research librarian you can always search scholar.google.com.

You're a fucking lazy piece of shit if you're going to come to 4chan to do your research. I'll see you in a few years when you're working at Wendy's.
>>
>>33565943
>Salmene Lahouaiej

>Salme ne lahoueij

>Thelma and Louise
>>
>>33565496
>Anon, please. You can look at the number of mass stabbings, arsons, and pressure cooker attacks and see that the numbers don't match. Stop being silly.

Then provide the data you fucking nigger faggot. The burden of proof is on you. You made a claim ergo you support that claim.

It is not up to everyone else to disprove your claim you ignorant cunt.
>>
>>33565658
Yes, go on. Cite them.
>>
>>33565893
Yes, okay. That's one case of IED attack. Wonder how many you can dig up.
>>
File: shall_not_be_infringed_box.png (467KB, 703x521px) Image search: [Google]
shall_not_be_infringed_box.png
467KB, 703x521px
>>33564718
no
>>
>>33566025
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure_cooker_bomb
That's what, 10 total?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mass_stabbings
That's 44 with at least some not even being mass murder by definition.

Arson with multiple victims seems to be so rare that there is no list compiled of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rampage_killers

That's a lot more, and if you open the list of rampages in different continents you'll see that it's predominantly F in there.
>>
>>33565069
He says this as another truck attack happens.
>>
>>33566226
The argument is not that there are just as many stabbings. It is that if there were no guns, stabbings, arson, and vehicle rampages would take their place.

There is no background check for gasoline, kitchen knives, or U-Haul rentals.
>>
>>33564718
Op you are literally a faggot. You are a part of a problem of stupid people being allowed to live and breed. While you go along with your life just know that people hate you. People think you are stupid because you are. You are less than others. The reality is that you arent good enough to live because of how stupid you are but our modern society has enabled the weak to survive by being coddled. You are the shit end of the gene pool. Me or anyone else can tell you a million times and you can shrug it off a million times too cause
>hur durr its the interwebz
>hur durr ur mad faggot
But at the end of the day. You are still garbage and i wanted to remind you that you will never be better because you cant. It requires work and you cant even write a paper by yourself without the chan holding your hand through it. I hope you realize how much of an infant you are and that you are so stupid that you ask the anus of the internet for help like its cool and edgy.
>>
>>33566314
Sweden? It wasn't even mass murder by definition, and I pointed it out earlier.

>>33566322
Would take their place, to a certain degree. Guns are the most efficient, reliable and portable killing machines and so are a lot better at dealing death the alternatives. You could try to stab up a school and would net lower high scores, and you could try to burn it and likely fail, or you could try dabbling with explosives and blow yourself up.

You can't seriously make the claim that banning guns would do nothing.
>>
>>33566496
Banning guns would do something. A lot more criminals would survive rapes, murders, and assaults.

Mass killings are such a minuscule percentage of deaths its pointless to even consider them. Its like banning pools because 3500 people drown every year.
>>
>>33564718
t. High Schooler

>>>/hm/ is for homework questions
>>
>>33566532
>Banning guns would do something. A lot more criminals would survive rapes, murders, and assaults.
According to you, anyway. But so what?

>Mass killings are such a minuscule percentage of deaths its pointless to even consider them. Its like banning pools because 3500 people drown every year.
According to you, anyway. And again, so what?
>>
>>33566755
You sound like a fascist, friend
>>
>>33566755
>so what?
Well if you're trying to save lives its counter-productive. It's just like the anti-vaccine crowd bullshit. Some kid gets autism after being vaccinated, so you ban vaccines. And then lots of kids start dying of easily-prevented diseases. And kids STILL get autism because its not caused by vaccines.
>>
>>33566779
No, I'm just wondering why you're bringing up tangentially related things when this argument is specifically about mass murder.
>>
>>33566849
Why do you care about mass murder? Clearly its because it claims lives. Well if the "cure" for mass murder is banning guns, it will cause MORE lives to be lost from normal crime.
>>
>>33566845
And that's a reasonable stance to take, but again, this is about mass murder specifically. And limiting gun ownership can be expected to curb criminal possession of firearms as well, since black market guns are often stolen.

Sure criminals can still just stab people, but that's still a victory for some people because you can outrun a knife, but not a bullet.

But all of this is irrelevant like I said.
>>
>>33566909
I can't outrun a knife. I'm in a wheelchair. The elderly cannot outrun a knife. The Declaration of Independence says all men are created equal, but Samuel Colt made it so.

None of it is irrelevant. You want to end mass murder to save lives. I am saying your solution will end up costing lives. Guns are used in self-defense 500,000 times a year. Far far fewer than 500,000 people die in mass shootings.
>>
File: GunsvsHomicide.png (38KB, 2126x1140px) Image search: [Google]
GunsvsHomicide.png
38KB, 2126x1140px
>>33564718
no

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DLk5bOxXsZtWsqVMDUtyk54-X1xzxPsUoueGgafPv-s/edit
>>
>>33566888
This is an interesting idea, but I'd really like to see some stats on how many crimes are actually stopped by civilians with guns. It wouldn't be possible to find how many murders are prevented, again by civilians with guns, but an estimate might be made from the previous number and something like the percentage of crimes that result in murder.
>>
>>33566961
Source? Also, that (current) number isn't all that relevant, as it would change after a few years of strict legislation.
>>
>>33567095
Lowest estimates of Defensive Gun Use I can find are 55,000 times a year. Highest is 4.7 million.
http://scholarlycommons.law.northwestern.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=6938&context=jclc

Either way, both of those are far higher than the number of people killed in mass shootings.
>>
>>33564718
No. Next question?
>>
File: TheCube.jpg (77KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
TheCube.jpg
77KB, 500x375px
A psychopathic criminal won't care if guns and explosives are illegal, he/she will get them anyway and commit mass murder. Or they will run people over with a truck. Or make a truck bomb and combine all three.
The only thing gun control has ever accomplished is disarming good lawful people and making them soft and easy targets for evil people. This includes governments.
Guns being in the hands of the people instead of the state is the only reason we are not ruled by kings. Modern democracy and it's scientific progress were made only after the invention of guns. Historically speaking Kings and Popes have been against most scientific discoveries. I don't want to be a shit eating serf nor do I want that kind of life for my grandchildren. I'd rather take the chance of being armed and defending myself or others in a responsible manner against a similarly armed criminal.
>>
>>33564718
Look at Europe. We hear about some mozzie going full snackbar every week...they don't even need guns.
>>
>>33564718
Do your own homework, kouhai. Don't be a nigger.
>>
>>33564718
Statistically no. When the 1994 AWB expired crime rates continued to fall.
>>
File: 1475421165370.jpg (42KB, 505x401px) Image search: [Google]
1475421165370.jpg
42KB, 505x401px
>>33564718
No; repatriating most, if not all, of the African-Americans in the US back to Africa would.
>>
File: 1462699163988.png (117KB, 1531x841px) Image search: [Google]
1462699163988.png
117KB, 1531x841px
>>33564718
>>
>>33566961
I said "some people", not "everyone". And I knew that quote was coming.

Yes, yes, but this isn't about murder in general or safety of the people, this is about mass murder specifically. Why is it so hard for you to keep on topic?
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.