[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Britain had launched 59 Tomahawk missiles at Syria, and over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

File: Bongahawk.jpg (66KB, 1120x369px) Image search: [Google]
Bongahawk.jpg
66KB, 1120x369px
If Britain had launched 59 Tomahawk missiles at Syria, and over half of them failed to hit the target with the rest causing minimal damage (after they warned the Russians in advance), what would /k/ look like right now?
>>
>>33564124
AHAHAHAHH EUROC U C K S
DONT FORGET TO PAY BILLIONS TO ISRAEL
oh wait
>>
It'll be nice when the Russbois get over their butthurt that their vaunted air defense network was utterly penetrated like OP's mom on a Saturday night.
>>
>>33564157
>>33564134
Are you suggesting what the posts on /k/ would be like in the above situation, or are you responding to this thread in particular?
>>
>>33564171

It would be the exact same.

State of the art Russian S-400 unable (or worse, unwilling) to stop 70's subsonic drones? Yes. It would be the same shitstorm of russian damage control.

Look at all the threads of damage control. Look at it, and know true tears.
>>
>>33564180
As the USA told Russia what they were going to do, it's not much of a leap to suggest that they stood their AA down accordingly.
>>
>>33564188

>it's not much of a leap to suggest that they stood their AA down accordingly.

Why? they know they are drones.

They cucked themselves out then, abandoning their ally.

Syrian manned IADN still failed in any case.
>>
>>33564212

That's still a possibility, though.

Syria is a Russian ally, but they also know how unstable the whole situation is AND they know the value of choosing which fights are worth it when dealing with the only other big bully on the playground.
>>
>>33564260
>That's still a possibility, though.

Sure, but it looks real fucking bad, especially the ambiguity of the evidence.

I would be real pissed at russia if i was a Syrian right now.
>>
>>33564157
kek
>>
>>33564188
Why would the Russians feel at risk politically for shooting down unmanned cruise missiles? Be honest, tomahawks fly very low and unless they got caught directly in the path of a dozen SA-22's there was little that Russia could have done to prevent them from reaching their target. I apply this same logic to NATO. If Russia launched 59 kh-55s at an airbase, their would be little that we could do to stop it.
>>
We'd still be LMAOing our asses off at how cucked russia got.
They had to be warned to get out because they couldn't stop the attacks.
>>
>>33564157
>that their vaunted air defense network was utterly penetrated like OP's mom on a Saturday night.

tip top kek
>>
>>33564212
>If Russia stood down then they were cucks

This right here
>Hey guys, we're gonna drop a couple tomahawks on your buddies, don't do anything or we'll fuck you up
>"o-oh o-o-okay"
>>
>>33564304
>If Russia launched 59 kh-55s at an airbase, their would be little that we could do to stop it.

If it was an US airbase, it would have AWAC's support along with ground based radars. Fighters would be vectored to shoot down the cruising missiles.

It would not be perfect, but i think the US would have fared better.
>>
>>33564124
Same bullshit /pol/ shitposting of course
>>
>>33564124
All but one Tomahawk hit.

People are morons because they think that each target gets one missile. In the real world, each target would get mutiple missiles assigned.

But why would morons like OP understand that
>>
>>33564180

Once you figure out the complicated web of multi-faction shilling the butthurt is so fucking good.
>>
File: 1491577988012.png (109KB, 1184x398px) Image search: [Google]
1491577988012.png
109KB, 1184x398px
>>33564326
>dont do anything
>>
>>33564337
lel you know that if any other country had such a failure of an operation /k/ would post about it every week for years
>>
>>33564330
>>33564304

Yeah, nape of the earth flight paths usually evade ground based targeting systems - honestly surprised there isn't greater use of ELINT and AWACS spotter balloons, just scatter a dozen of the fuckers around an area and wire feed their results into a central stratcom network instead of having ground based transmitter/receiver stations.
>>
I'm not a US shill by any means but come on guys this 50% failure rate stuff is directly from Russian PR, it's probably best to wait and see some third party confirmation before believing it.
>>
File: basket-boat-special-thing.jpg (66KB, 550x410px) Image search: [Google]
basket-boat-special-thing.jpg
66KB, 550x410px
>>33564380
>Russian warship
>>
>>33564380

Oh boy, i cant wait to watch the russian cucks do nothing just like they did when Syrian-san was getting brutally fucked.
>>
>>33564416

No shit, but it does not matter.

50% success rate in an IADN with zero fucking EWAR (how would the US anyways with no ewar assets) is fucking great, and terrible for the IADN.

It should have been a fucking turkey shoot.
>>
>>33564418
funny how you lost to the same rice farmers lmao.
>>
>>33564425
you mean when Trump warned russians before the attack? lmao stay cucked by Vlad.
>>
>>33564124
>having missiles launched at you
>claim it's minimal damage
hahaha
What fucking world do you live in?
>>
>>33564457
>you mean when Trump warned russians before the attack?

YOU MEAN THE RUSSIANS KNEW THE MISSILES WERE COMING, AND STILL FAILED TO SHOOT THEM ALL DOWN!!??!?!

AHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

>Hey vlad, im coming to fuck your wife with me and 60 of my friends.

>>>a...at least i stopped 30 of them....
>>
>>33564393
How was it a failure when all but one hit?
>>
>and over half of them failed to hit the target

[citation needed]

>with the rest causing minimal damage

15 destroyed aircraft, the fuel depot and multiple hangers is minimal damage?
>>
OH GOOD GOD, Shayrat is near impossible to hit from the sea without going through the coastal defense network.

That legitimately is embarassing.

>>33564459

To be fair if they took out some sheds and put holes in a few runways it's fairly easy to repair - UK found during the Falklands that it takes a disturbing amount of ordinance to actually take even a small airbase out of action. The real weak point of air bases is the planes, not the base itself, pretty much anything else on a base can be fairly quickly repaired or replaced if neccesary, because it's just a collection of concrete boxes and flat tarmac.

(there's been a slightly comical aspect to all this of Trump phrasing this attack as though he's punishing the airbase for the sarin attack, like the ancient greeks held a trial for the knife used in a ritual sacrifice)
>>
File: MRust-in-Red-Square.jpg (272KB, 864x487px) Image search: [Google]
MRust-in-Red-Square.jpg
272KB, 864x487px
>>33564157
>>
>>33564470
laughed too hard at this
>>
>>33564124
I'd ask what percentage of the entire British arsenal 59 tomahawks represents.
>>
>>33564851
does anyone remember this?
>>
>>33564470
How can you shoot them all down if you aint there?
>>
>>33564124
Essentially what it looks like right now: Russians snickering all over the place.
>>
>>33565318
Wasn't that the kid that to flew to Russia for the lulz?
>>
>>33564124
Russhit tears will soak the ground for a millennia.
>>
>>33564337
Only 39 targets were hit. The loss of 20 missiles represents more than half of all missiles launched. This is embarrassing failure shows that the US is a paper tiger no longer ready to fight wars. Trtumpf has already made the US weaker.
>>
>>33565671
this
>>
>>33565671
Your argument relies on the premise that only one missile per target was used, which is naive at best.
>>
>>33565671
>>33565765
>what is hitting a target multiple times

>how do I war guys

Tovarish, as much as I love Russian shitposting, and how Russian doctrine never really understood PGMs, can you put a bit more effort into it?
>>
>>33564330
>If it was an US airbase, it would have AWAC's support along with ground based radars. Fighters would be vectored to shoot down the cruising missiles.
>It would not be perfect, but i think the US would have fared better.
That's the same setup they have actually. They even have purpose built MiG-31s for the job.
>>
>>33564651
>expecting logic from Russiaboos
>>
>>33564782
who are you and why is your post the most coherent in this thread
>>
>>33564124
Shitting on the bongs about how incompetent their military is.

But because /k/ is majority americuck, they love to jump on the defensive and asshurt control.

the US military is a fucking J O K E.
>>
>>33565367
yes, and showed the world what a joke the soviet air defense network was in the process.
...and can be partially credited with the fall of communism in east europe.
it seems few remember though.
>>
>>33564284

>I would be real pissed at russia if i was a Syrian right now.

Which probably doesn't mean much to the Russians.

If the attack had been directed at a more important target or even in the general of a Russian strategic position I bet they would have done more about it. As it stands it's better long term for them to let Trump have his "response" to the chemical attack.
>>
>>33565359
Exactly.
They couldn't.

The why isn't the issue so much as the fact :
USA can hit what they want when they want... and other nations are either too incompetent or too scared to do anything.
>>
>>33568278
>I bet they would have done more about it.
Such as ?
>>
File: 911.jpg (72KB, 795x470px) Image search: [Google]
911.jpg
72KB, 795x470px
>>33564851
USAF BTFO
>>
>He actually eats russian propaganda shit

Get fucked fag, 40+ targets hit with some targets being hit twice.

S400 A SHIT
A

S
H
I
T
>>
>>33568252
>Three SAM divisions tracked him for some time, but failed to obtain permission to launch at him. All air defenses were brought to readiness and two interceptors were sent to investigate. At 14:48 near the city of Gdov one of the pilots observed a white sport plane similar to a Yakovlev Yak-12 and asked for permission to engage, but was denied
>>
>>33565671
Блaгoдapю вac, Ивaн. Tвoи cлeзы вocхититeльны.
>>
>>33568399
...and failed.
>>
>>33564443
kek.
>>
>>33564337
If you look at the satellite pics it reflects this. Areas that Russia said we're one strike were actually 2-3.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.