[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just bought 720 rounds of mauser ammo and my bolt won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: faggot ammo.jpg (97KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
faggot ammo.jpg
97KB, 1155x1155px
I just bought 720 rounds of mauser ammo and my bolt won't lock because the round is too big.

This is exactly what I bought
>>
What kind of rifle? There are 7mm Mausers and 8mm Mausers. It's a different caliber...
>>
File: 1491220728380.jpg (487KB, 1500x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1491220728380.jpg
487KB, 1500x1037px
Is there anyway of getting this ammo to cycle, and if not. Is there any other options for Mauser ammo.

>>33563578
Its 8mm mauser, the picture is the exact ammo I bought.
>>
>>33563553
You should have read the description before buying
>>
>>33563553
show a pic of ur gun
>>
Its probably just tight because of slavshit tolerances in the ammo factory. Use a mallet to drive the bolt home and happy days.
>>
>>33563553
If it's what you're showing in that picture it's because you bought shitty Romanian surplus that doesn't fit with a lot of mausers because it's fucking shit at everything.

On my roach mauser it needs to be kind of shoved down into battery before firing, making the bolt sloppy and sticky but still usable.

On some other mausers though it's just not an option.
>>
What do you guys get when you buy 8mm mauser?
>>
>>33563553
Did you load the round into the magazine before closing the bolt anon? Single loading a mauser (just tossing a round into the chamber by hand) doesn't allow the extractor to grab the rim at the base of the cartridge. This will lead to trouble closing the bolt as your then trying to shove the extractor around the base of the round by force.

Not implying that you don't know how to use your rifle, but I've seen people do this before.
>>
>>33563626
ah, let me try that then. I'll come back with results.
>>
Ppu 8mm Mauser. Bluebox serbshit. 10/10 desu.
>>
>>33563626
nah, it didn't work.
>>
>>33563553
That shitty Romanian ammo isn't made to milspec standards. Some rounds my chamber, others won't.
>>
>>33563659
Fuck.

Sorry anon, it was worth a try. Never buy surplus from Romania. Maybe you can dump it on armslist or something.
>>
>>33563688
Yeah thats what I'm gonna do, sell em all for 200, or try to at least.
>>
>>33563699
You could always buy a gun that takes them at this point.

No promises but my turkshit CZ 22/98 eats the stuff with a bit of coaxing. You might find a similar rifle.
>>
>>33563719
I already put the ammo up on armslist and bought some PPU serbshit. Hopefully someone buys.
>>
>>33563553
I bought a box of that too.

It's shit.
Don't buy it. The problem you describe is exactly what happens with every fucking round.
>>
>>33563601
Regular Romanian SURPLUS functions wonderfully (some of my favorite stuff actually)

The green box Romanian stuff is what's fucked.
>>33563584
Hunt down some PPU, or go to gun shows.

And above all, start rolling your own; 8mm Mauser is one of the cartridges you can actually save money by reloading.
>>
>>33563620
I got a 900 round crate of Yugo M75 personally. Had a few boxes of the same ammo under the PWA name. My yugo mauser ate it just fine to what I recall. Got two boxes left that I still need to shoot one day.
>>
>>33563802
I don't know shit about reloading, don't even know where to start.
>>
That ammunition is notorious for not working with anything except for yugo M76 rifles and MG42/34s.
>>
>>33563806
The PWA I've bought works in my m48, never had a problem with it, I've got like 90 rounds of it.
>>
>>33563811
Look it up, or go to the store.
All the old fudds will hear "reloading" and crowd you and shove their old reloading equipment into your hands.

In all seriousness though, it's fun.
Just go to YouTube and look up reloading for morons or something.
>>33563620
PPU, Romanian surplus (note SURPLUS.) and those boxes of Yugoslavian surplus that have been coming in recently.
I really like the Yugoslavian stuff 'cause it's packed on stripper clips.
The clips are a bit flimsy though.
>>
>>33563593
>Romanian
>Slavshit
>>
>>33563601
Ill agree about green romanian shit being shit. I can shoot it out if my mauser but its a chore
>>
>>33563806
Babby question, but Yugo 8mm is corrosive, right? I just got a Mauser with some Yugo ammo.
If I'm using corrosive ammo, what do I need to do to not corrode my gun other than running water down it?
>>
>>33564931
It is, and that's really the simplest trick. Just wash it out within the day. A good scrub on the bore, and wiping the bolt face should just about do it.
>>
>>33564931
Yugo is corrosive as I recall.

Just water and oil (in that order) down the bore post scrub and make sure the bore has had patches run through it to clean the shit out.

Make sure the bolt face is clean as well, and you might want to go and wipe down the inside of the mag with an oiled cloth.
>>
>>33565014
>>33565025
I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
I also heard Windex or some other ammonia-based cleaners work well too. Is it better/easier to do or should I just stick to water and oil?
>>
MADE IN ROMANIA
https://youtu.be/-WeUc1WKB-Q
>>
>>33565079
>I also heard Windex or some other ammonia-based cleaners work well too
Literal memes; ammonia does nothing to Calcium Chloride. You want to dissolve the salts and wash them out of the barrel and for this water, especially boiling water, is just fine.
>>
>>33565176
>Calcium Chloride.
Derp; *Potassium Chloride.
>>
You could break them down with a bullet puller and load the powder and bullet into brass cases that are in spec. I've done this with 7.62X54R to get rid of the corrosive primers.
>>
>>33563688
>armslist

Who the fuck uses that shit? Have you ever heard of backpage ma niggah?
>>
>>33565079
water and oil
the ammonia thing is fuddlore
it will still work, but only because of the water in the windex/ammonia and not because of the chemicals

plus, ammonia is nasty
>>
>>33565925
Does that even exist out of Texas
>>
>>33565925
Were talking about gun shit, not hookers
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.