[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which of these ammo bandoliers should I get get for my mossberg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

Which of these ammo bandoliers should I get get for my mossberg 88 12 gauge? Stepping up my home defense game now that WW3 is on the horizon...
>>
File: shopping[1].jpg (13KB, 450x328px) Image search: [Google]
shopping[1].jpg
13KB, 450x328px
>>33559149
Buy a surplus claymore mine bag.
>>
>>33559188
no claymore
>>
If you want to keep the shit on the gun, get a decent side-saddle. Loading from a sling is probably fucking stupid.

Bandolier my dood.
>>
>>33559512
i mean the one on the right is more bad ass and hold more cartridges, the one on the right has fold over flaps that conceal my extra ammo protect the ammo from the elements(rain) as well. Side saddle would be cool for sure i may still get one also, but that only holds 6 rounds
>>
>>33559149
>2017
>Buying a shotgun for home defense
lol.
>>
>>33559618
one on *left* withe the flaps
>>
>>33559638
I already have it, got my mossberg 88 for $220, it was my first fire arm
>>
>>33559658
Well if you want to up your game it's time to get an AR.
>>
>>33559638
i obviously would like an AR-15 but cant afford it right this minute and my state (CA) has strict rules about them now anyway. I just want to work with what i have right now and upgrade my Mossberg 88 to the best of my ability
>>
Shotgun sling holders are fucking awful. You got all this shit clattering around and it's never in one spot. Get a good side/stock shell holder. Or both. Get the kind with the velcro so when you run out of shells you can tear the strips off and place another on the gun from your pocket.
>>
>>33559686
thank you im gonna look into this. So you woudnt reccomend any sort of sling even it it was just a plane one with no ammo slots?
>>
>>33559677
Sell your shitgun and a few blowjobs and get an AR, also while I myself advocate following all laws in your respective states, there's no way to enforce any gun laws unless you actually, you know, commit a crime with it.
>>
so are all these a waste of money? with the tactical mount i could install a flashlight, laser, knife, bipod. Up to 5 attachments.
>>
>>33559706
Slings are super useful for prepared combat but as a home defense weapon you shouldn't really need it. I highly recommend you get one but understand it may just get in the way if you're bumbling for a gun in the dark. Practice with it and decide for yourself. Get a regular sling without any crap on it.

>>33559781
The first two have their uses, a light on your gun is the best thing to have in the dark.
>>
File: IMG_20170406_223623264.jpg (2MB, 3232x2424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170406_223623264.jpg
2MB, 3232x2424px
>>33559638
>2017
>Not buying a shotgun for home defense
>>
>>33559796
thanks. Ya i mean i hope to get an AR 15 at some point, and a handgun. Im not thinking ill be preparing for combat or anything, but it might be nice too have my sling so i could have my gun on my back while patroling my street incase of civil unrest or something.
>>
They're both dildos. you can still find Paraclete shell carriers or at least the Blackhawk knock-offs with velcro.
>>
>>33559832
Yes, I don't really use ineffective technology anymore.
>>
>>33559832
>spend hundreds on the premier semiauto shotgun
>that fucking $10 optic

>>33559840
Those are cool but hardly home defense stuff unless you plan on telling your invader to give you a sec to put on your chestrig.
>>
>>33559848
>ineffective technology
I guess buckshot didnt get the memo that a fuckton of fast metal is no longer dangerous to the home invader of the 21st century.
>>
>>33559901
>no longer dangerous to the home invader of the 21st century
1 plate of AR500, shotgun is now useless

gg
>>
>>33559910
We can't all afford .50BMG rifles for home defense.
>>
File: 1446256914078.jpg (81KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1446256914078.jpg
81KB, 653x490px
>want a buttstock sleeve
>lgs has been out of them for 2 months now
>>
File: IMG_20170406_223526110.jpg (2MB, 3232x2424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170406_223526110.jpg
2MB, 3232x2424px
>>33559897
After a thousand or so shells, i have yet to shoot a slug through it and the optic has stayed true to center of pattern since I sighted it in. Hasnt let me down for clays, goose, or deer, so I don't see the problem.
>>
i forgot to mention i have one of these already i think i will go for a regular sling with no ammo loops and look for a badass belt/bag like this one >>33559840
>>
>>33559897

If your only concern is home defense then you should get a side saddle, a weaponlight and if you're really paranoid about having enough ammo, a Speedfeed stock or $5 elastic shell carrier.
>>
>>33559910
First shot didn't make him crumple like a ragdoll? Put another in the pelvis.

gg
>>
>>33559981
Fair enough. I have that exact model and it totaled itself. The bootleg Eotech lasted longer and looked way cooler to boot.
>>
>>33559706
Different poster I enjoy having a sling on my mossberg especially while walking to and from the deerstands. Now that sling is just a nice padded sling (doesn't carry any extra shells). Walking around the farm culling the raccoons I carry a bandoleer of 25 birdshot across my chest.

I also installed a mcarbo trigger spring kit.I abuse and neglect my mossberg, so when those springs went in everything got a got cleaning. Dont have a trigger pull tester but noticed a shortened, smoother crisper break. But once again I don't know if it's from stripping and cleaning everything or the springs them selves. Either way "long distance" foster slug shoot gave me a much tighter groups.
>>
>>33559618

The one on the right is preferrable. A little bit of rain isnt going to affect a shotgun shell. Shotguns handle contamination the best, minus auto shotties. Really it's just to keep shit from falling out, but i've never had a shell fall off of an elastic band. You'd have to climb a tree with a hugging method or some shit to actually start dropping shells.

As for home defense, fortified position, etc, a sling is fine, but a side saddle is advisable.

Get both. The side saddle is not for capacity, it's for speed.
>>
>>33559981
What shotgun is this? I cant even recognize it for all the fudd.

Looks fun as hell to shoot, not to be seen with

9/10 for on range in private

Buttstock of jokes/10. For on the range with people
>>
File: F1VEPR12V2 (1).jpg (110KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
F1VEPR12V2 (1).jpg
110KB, 800x520px
>>33560426
Vepr-12 folding stock model with drum magazine, Russian surplus sling, cheap dot sight, and muzzle brake.
>>
File: ma61.jpg (49KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ma61.jpg
49KB, 1000x1000px
>>33559149
Not memeing. Condor MA61 is very sturdy and holds plenty of 12ga. I have two strapped to my plate carrier cummerbund. You could run the straps under your belt, or get a smaller horizontal pouch for just wearing around.
>>
File: manstoppers.jpg (376KB, 1632x918px) Image search: [Google]
manstoppers.jpg
376KB, 1632x918px
>>33559149
>>33560688
Adding to this, a sling should be flexible and not get in the way. A bandoleer is a bad solution. Side carrier or a fabric shell carrier wrapped on the stock is a better way to keep ammo with your weapon.
>>
>>33560688
Those hold a lot but they look like they would flap around a bunch. Does it have anything to really hold the unfolding layers in place?
>>
>>33560726
The foldy flaps velcro together. It might flap around on a belt because of its loaded weight, but the envelope itself is solid. They don't move much on my carrier, they can be made to jiggle a little same as any other pouch.
>>
>>33560802
Huh, mite b cool. I hesitate because it's Condor but it seems like a decent way to strap a lot of shells to a belt fast and easy.
>>
>>33559638
>2017
>AR as home defense
>accidentally killing your neighbor
>going to prison for manslaughter
>hearing eeeeeEEEEEEEEE 24/7 all the way up until your dying day behind bars
>40 years later your $2000 gucci AR is STILL in the evidence locker

Yeah I'll stick with my pump. I won't get sued when the intruder turns out to survive getting shot a few times. You hit the nignog with one shell of 00 buck and its nighty night
>>
>>33560829
Honestly it's a lot. If you have a backpack, it's easier to just put the shell carrier inside/onto the bag. The 870 above holds 7 rounds and 4 more on the side carrier. I can't imagine needing more than this when out hunting or in a home defense. SHTF/commie invasion, sure, it's nice to have if you are /gq/ and have a load bearing vest or something to hang it from. Inside my backpack is a molded plastic shell carrier box. Super cheap, holds rounds neatly, serves just as well but shells aren't available immediately. But if you're reloading under fire you should be in cover anyway. It's all a scam, my man.
>>
>>33560850
>00 won't penetrate walls

That's-a spicy memeball.
>>
>>33560945
Not nearly as much as a rifle round.. Its night and day man
>>
>>33559910
who the fuck is invading a home wearing steel plate armor?

it's not a bad idea actually. but thieves don't have that kind of intelligence or money to blow on practical things like armor.

also: a slug will ring your fucking bell, armor or no
>>
>>33560968
The difference between murdering someone six houses away and murdering someone four houses away doesn't really mean as much as you might think.

Mind you, I think shotguns are still good choices for home defense because of the sheer amount of havoc it wreaks on soft tissue in a single shot, but you should never set one off under the illusion it won't keep going for a long time.
>>
>>33561039
That's fair, but I like my chances for collateral slim as possible. That makes the shotgun the better choice I think
>>
Polymer side saddle that mounts to the receiver or nothing. Sling bandoliers are fucking useless. They clang around and the elastic wears out and the shells just fall out. I would literally rather have a fanny pack filled with shells than any bandolier. Side saddle, faggot.
>>
>>33561057
Actually you're fucking stupid, 00 Buck will retain more velocity upon exiting drywall than 5.56 will, which will begin to tumble rapidly after contact.

Do you even physics?
>>
>>33559933
5.56 penetrates it at home defense ranges moron.

>>33560014
>first shot didnt make him crumple?
Why would it? Did it make you crumple? Did the round gain velocity as it traveled outside the barrel? If so please gib to me magic boolet.

>>33560983
>who the fuck is invading a home wearing steel plate armor?
I dunno, but the Tyler courthouse shooting could help shed light

>but thieves don't have that kind of intelligence or money to blow on practical things like armor.
Something something art of war don't underestimate your opponent and stuff. Also, it's like 80 bucks.

>a slug will ring your fucking bell, armor or no
Naw.
>>
she i just get a couple of these to strap on for my sling? or is it better to get the ones you actually have to drill holes for.
>>
>>33561203
Those are okay as long as there's enough of a bulge in the stock to make sure it doesn't slide off. Really, before you drill holes you could just get a new stock with sling swivel mounts, shouldn't be more than $30.
>>
>>33561146
Prove it dumbass

Protip: you can't
>>
>>33561193
>Naw

OK you without a doubt live in your own little world
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.