[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /k/ I was Army (11b) for 3.5 years, never saw combat.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1490930552702.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1490930552702.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
Alright /k/ I was Army (11b) for 3.5 years, never saw combat.
Now, we (the US) are getting closer to being actual boots on the ground in Syria, and I'm legitimately contemplating going back in.
Please don't get all political with this shit, I could care less about politics, I just want to see combat,
I come to you guys to help me with a decision
>>
>>33558118
We won't see ground combat in Syria. Just like Libya and the police actions in Iraq and Kosovo in the 80s and 90s, we will just drop a few bombs and call it a day. The precedent has already been set.

Don't give in to blind speculation about these things, do your own research and look at historical data.
>>
>>33558118
just curious since im not american

do you have to do basic again and 11b training again? or can you just go to any unit since you were already in? not sure how it works
>>
>>33558826
I'm actually not sure. 11 bang bang does osut which is basic +, the + you can't do separately. But I know POGS don't have to redo basic again the just have to get job training. So, I dunno.
>>
>>33558826
I think after a certain amount of years when you get out you have to
>>
>>33558177

>We won't see ground combat in Syria

there's literally a couple hundred spec ops doing advising and front line combat right now along with an entire artillery regiment.
>>
File: 1458567970426.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1458567970426.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>33558118

I think a war with Iran is also very likely, and that almost certainly will be 'boots on the ground' kind of stuff.

I'm not you, but this is not the kind of war I imagine sighing up into the military to do. I'm staying out of 'the great middle-east cluster fuckening of 2017' if I can help it.
>>
Anyone who wants to see combat or brags about it deserves no place in my Corps
>Most people who do see the shit doesn't like to talk about it
>Most people who see combat will really wish they never had
>>
>>33559655
Yeah all the people who enlist do so because they love rear d bullshit like raking leaves and shoveling snow. You're so much better than the rest of us who signed up to do a job. There are a million fires around the globe that could be put out by the proper application of military force and we refuse to do so.
>>
>>33558118
If you just want to pit yourself against others in a team setting, shooting or getting shot... Become a cop.

If you just want to see a lot of bodies, smell blood, get that adrenaline rush, you could pull an Aurora.

Otherwise reenlisting on the hope of combat seems inefficient.
>>
>>33559655
>Enlist in the infantry

>Don't want to see combat

It's like you're retarded or something.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.