[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>live in NY >want AR-15 Hey guys; I'm looking at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

>live in NY
>want AR-15

Hey guys; I'm looking at getting an AR-15, but I live in NY, so I can choose pic related, which to my knowledge is a fully functioning AR, but with a hideous(non pistol-grip) fixed stock, and no flash hider.

Alternatively, I can go with a version that has all the bells+whistles; collapsible stock, pistol grip, flash hider etc, but has a fixed, non detachable magazine. This version is actually cheaper, since it doesn't require the custom stock, the labor of fixing the magazine.

I think I'm leaning toward getting the fixed mag variant, to enjoy the comforts of AR features. My question is, though; is the magazine fixing at all reversable or am I stuck with a fixed mag forever? I'm thinking if I ever move out of state I'd like to convert it back to a standard AR with detachable mag. Is this possible? I don't know what goes into fixing the magazine so I don't know if it's something that could ever be undone.

Does anybody know if a fixed magazine on an AR can be undone? Alternatively I could go with pic related and just buy a normal stock if I move, but I'd rather get the fixed mag in the meantime because it's cheaper. Any thoughts?
>>
Get a mini 14.
Neutered ARs are absolutely retarded.
>>
>>33557267

If I had to pick one I would go for the fixed mag.

In a realistic defensive scenario having a rifle that is more pointable, easier to shoulder, etc will be more important than reloading after the first 30 rounds. No point in being able to reload quickly if you can't get the first rounds on target in the first place.
>>
>>33557434
if its ny hes reloading after 10 rounds, but still a good point
>>
>>33557609
mean arms makes a device that loads 10 rounds through the ejection port.

http://www.meanarms.com/ma-loader-for-ar15
>>
NY cuck here also wondering if reversed mag is reversible.
If AR-15's are so amazing and gr8, and easy to work on then can you reverse the detachable mag?
>>
>>33557778
*pinned mag
>>
>>33557725
Holy shit that's cool. I think ima gonna go for the fixed mag then and a couple of these
>>
>>33557267
Two options IMHO:

>Ares SCR or similar (Mini-14, SU-16)
Fully-functional mag-fed semiauto rifle to comply with the law

>80% lower
Fully-functional mag-fed semiauto AR-15 to ignore the unenforceable law
>>
Just remove your mag-lock and add a normal mag release if you move out of state. Anyone that tells you the lock has to be permanent is full of shit, that was from a letter from the Long Island PD discussing how to avoid registering an assault weapon when registration was still a thing. It doesn't apply to ARs made now.
>>
>>33557267
Fuck is the East Coast fucking gay, holy shit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.