[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw this fucking rape >https://www.youtube.com/watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0810[1].jpg (50KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0810[1].jpg
50KB, 600x800px
>yfw this fucking rape
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF2wLZBUEi4

Also what types of fencing correspond to which swords?

Like I heard singlestick is saber, but isn't saber saber? Are epee and Foil like small sword and rapier?
>>
>>33556893
I really want to learn rapier, but the nearest HEMA club that teaches it is over an hour away, and there's one 20 minutes away that teaches longsword
In my completely worthless opinion, rapier best sword.
>>
>>33556893
A drastic lack of reach on that katana. It's embarrassing.
>>
File: 1_Cnv3rX3bqGLFEDq4yATexg[1].png (52KB, 800x329px) Image search: [Google]
1_Cnv3rX3bqGLFEDq4yATexg[1].png
52KB, 800x329px
>>33556913
I want to learn cutlass so I guess singlestick? Cause pirates and cause in theory it would be the most practical (yea I would just shoot someone if they broke into my house) cause it would be a good sword to use inna house.

How different are rapier and short sword? Cause you could use a short sword inna house

>tfw you will never literally emasculate a home invader

And I mean literally
>>
>>33556913
>rapier best sword
Rapiers are cool, but It's heavily specialized for dueling. It's better than any other sword in that case but it's not good for anything else.
>>
>>33557036
>rapiers are the best sword for fighting an unarmored opponent in a space where you have ample room and thus would be great status symbols and and ideal to be trained in as a matter of honor for the upper class.

I mean that is tons of reason to own one. You wouldn't take a compact 9mm to war, but that doesn't mean it isn't an amazing ccw
>>
>>33557036
they were very good in self defense situations back in the day.
>>
>>33556989
What kind of short sword are you thinking, a gladius?
>>
>>33557107
Oh I meant small sword
>>
>>33557171
Oh fair. I'm personally looking into sabre, I've looked at loads of matches and sabre seems like the right fit for me. As for small sword, it has slightly less reach than the rapier but IIRC a stiffer blade.
>>
anyone know if messrs are good? i used them a little bit while learning but mostly for basic short sword techniques.
>>
>>33556893
>Also what types of fencing correspond to which swords?

I don't understand. fencing "styles" are just named after their sword. So while foil and epee are similar, they're still distinct from each other. Same as saber and rapier.

>Like I heard singlestick is saber, but isn't saber saber?
single stick is similar. Look a one-handed bar is going to work in much the same way regardless if it's a filipino bar or a french court bar or a scottish back-bar.

Saber is saber. Single stick is single stick. They'll be like 60% exactly the same, and 40% specific to the weapon. So lots of crossover but with specific techniques as well.

Are epee and Foil like small sword and rapier?
epee and foil are to small sword and rapier as airsoft is to a firefight.

epee and foil are sports that have been tuned to entertainment and sportsmanship performance but they weapons themselves are useless and a lot of the gamey bullshit you see (like constantly whipping your epee or saber tip so it almost looks like it's shimmering) is rules-lawyering the sport. You can't do that shit with a rapier.
>>
>>33557218
I think the main purpose of a small sword was kinda like a subcompact 9mm today. IE not the best sword, but one that was light, you can carry easily, easy to draw, and you could make the hilt all kinds of fancy if you wanted. Like if you got attacked in the street a small sword was better than no sword and it could be drawn fast and used in an alley if needed

And as far as I understand, a cutlass is just a name for a short and robust saber
>>
>>33557036
long sword techniques are very good because some can be applied to small swords like the wrench technique
>>
i disagree that long sword transfers well to to small swords, coming from someone who's father forced them to learn to proficiency 3 kendo stances, work with arming swords, and work with some philipino short swords (which i prefer) and ive found that knife and short axe actually transfer better than longsword
>>
>>33557593
i havent had much training in half swords but most of the techniques i have learned transfer to small
>>
>>33557300
What does that mean are messers good? Good for what?

They were ubiquitous sidearm for a couple hundred years, so yes, they were effective weapons if that's what you're asking...
>>
>>33557059
But rapiers wouldn't be the CCW. They'd be the fullsize duty pistol.
>>
>>33556946
>Cutting sword for people smaller than yuros is shorter than longass thrusting sword made for larger people

What news!
>>
File: 14775584500616399.jpg (24KB, 541x345px) Image search: [Google]
14775584500616399.jpg
24KB, 541x345px
Katanas had to be short because Samurai often had to kill peasants in houses. Now make a video on rapier vs Ōdachi/nodachi
>>
>>33562932
You should make a video on chronic autism because that's all I'm getting from this post.
>>
>>33562972
How is that more autistic than the OP?
>>
>>33556893
As single stick is based on backsword technique, and as a saber is a type of backsword then yes, singlestick is saber. Sometimes. Early sabers had wider and thicker blades than later sabers, and northern and eastern European sabers were generally heavier than southern and western sabers. It's the heavier, broader saber that will be more generally analogous to singlestick.

>isn't saber saber? Are epee and Foil like small sword and rapier?

Saber sport fencing is based on classical saber fencing, which is in turn generally based on the Italian military saber technique. Italian sabers, being relatively thin and light, weren't very well regarded as combat weapons but were very popular among duellists of a certain age and economic level.

The Olympic épée is based on the classical épée de combat, which is a sort of less lethal smallsword used for duelling. In use, they were much the same as the German mensur saber, in that they were designed and used to draw blood instead of kill.

Modern foil is based on classical foil, which is used to practise proper smallsword technique instead of non-lethal bloodsports.

There really is no rapier analogue in modern sport fencing, as the rapier was used for actual, honest to god, anything goes, life or death duels, and Olympic fencing is entirely structured around rules and how to bend them enough to technically win. I have been told, but cannot confirm, that arnis and escrima are almost entirely based on Spanish rapier and main gauche training. Other than that, HEMA and some classical fencing clubs will be your best bet for rapier.

>>33557325
A smallsword is more analogous to a rich faggot carrying a sick, Gucci-ass, tacti-cool motherfucking glock brand glock. While it's true that they were decent counter weapons, most of the people who carried them did so as a symbol of status, university students notwithstanding. Most everyone else carried a hanger.
>>
>>33556893
I don't remember what foil corresponds to, but epee is definitely rapier. Epee is a lot more fun than foil in my opinion, since right of way isn't a thing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT0TBWg3C3k
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.