[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you occupy a city of over a million? With modern weapons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Occupation.jpg (140KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Occupation.jpg
140KB, 800x450px
How would you occupy a city of over a million? With modern weapons and technology, It doesn't look very easy. Especially when there's insurgency and guerilla tactics everywhere.
>>
False flagged attacks, artificially created food scarcity accompanied with food aid, contrived external threats, public media campaigns.

Do not go to the people, allow the people to come to you.
>>
Same way the koreans in your image did.
Martial law, biological weapons, zero tolerance for anything.
>>
Make them think you are the good guy
>>
>>33551282
level the city to the ground first
>>
File: 1484164437649.jpg (67KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484164437649.jpg
67KB, 960x960px
Siege that motherfucker and wait until the guerrillas surrender

also
>mfw Homefront devs unironically thinks that Koreans can invade the US and have a foothold there
Man, the norks are already pissing their pants when they hear about the ROK, let alone invading the US
And why is that nork using an M4?
>>
>>33551282
very briefly. civilians are the most dangerous part of invading an urban center.

you roll the fuck in with shit tons of armor and you take what/who you need to, then get the fuck out. you don't occupy a city of 1 million potential insurgents, it's not a good idea and you will never, ever win completely under geneva convention restrictions.
>>
>>33552157
The whole premise of Homefront is that the Norks became an arms- and tech-manufacturing giant that even the US contracted out to for its military shit, hence the backdoor in every chipset in the country that let them cripple the States with one satellite.
>>
>>33552313
Seems more have been more of a China type thing. But they changed it, so they don't loose that market.

Same deal with the Red Dawn remake
>>
>>33551282

>TFW guns everywhere in an occupation and free to work you see fit
>>
>>33551282
Never gunna fucking happen,
>>
>>33551338
>artificially created food scarcity accompanied with food aid

Why didn't we do this in Iraq?
>>
>>33554005
If I had to guess I'd say it's because to create a food shortage in Iraq you'd have to trash local farms, and they would notice--they're self-sufficient enough that some economic squeezing wouldn't do enough. So you'd have to find people not affiliated with the USA and somehow get them to trash the farms themselves without leaving a trail that people would trace back to you. That'd be quite a feat.

And then if you do get caught, it's a scandal that gets thrown in the USA's face for several generations and nobody wants that to be on them.
>>
>>33554771
I could see this being done if you had some kind of hard to trace chemical weapon to dust their crops with, that being a safer option than releasing some kind of pest to eat the crops since it's not likely to spiral out of control (See- rabbits in Australia)
>>
>>33551282
Exterminatus. There'll be no one left to rebel.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.