[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Like guns a lot >Really want them to look nice >Always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 33797903.jpg (67KB, 709x765px) Image search: [Google]
33797903.jpg
67KB, 709x765px
>Like guns a lot
>Really want them to look nice
>Always put stupid fucking scratch in them or something
>Every gun I get now is just a waiting game until I find a fucking gouge or rust or something
>Actually pissed off about scratches that haven't happened yet on a gun I don't even own yet.

How the fuck do I escape scratch autism, /k/?

>Inb4 throw gun on ground and ND it into a truck
>>
>>33550354
I treat the look of firearms how I like the look of guitars. Like musical instruments firearms are meant to be used. Most really good musicians have guitars that have substantial wear- because they have practiced with that instrument so much that the wear is inevitable. When I go to the range and shoot with my buddies most of them have worn handguns because they have put 1,000s and 1,000s of rounds through those firearms. So think of scratches, blemishes, and imperfections as badges of honor- because it shows that you practice your discipline, and can probably "out play" most with a brand new instrument.
>>
>>33550405
Pretty much this. I sued to obsess over scratches and nicks until I really started using my guns more. Then I realized that the marks are basically unavoidable when you're using "working" firearms as intended. The wear and tear means I'm putting time in at the range and getting good.
>>
File: 20170324_201855.jpg (1MB, 1917x934px) Image search: [Google]
20170324_201855.jpg
1MB, 1917x934px
There is nothing sexier than honest wear. Embrace it.
>>
File: 1490811652529.jpg (177KB, 505x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490811652529.jpg
177KB, 505x960px
>>33550354
Just remember OP, every scratch an ding has a story behind it. One more story attached to that weapon. Not necessarily an interesting story but a story nonetheless.
>>
>>33550672
>>33550632
>Honest wear

That's the thing though. I know that that gouge in, say, my 1858 repro was because I dropped the hammer like a retard while trying to cock it. I know that this certain stock ding came because I accidentally leaned on the rifle while it was propped up against a table. Even scratches and dings I don't know the origin of were probably perfectly preventable in one way or another.

When I buy used guns I usually don't care, my Garand looks like it was used to beat gooks to death and that's fine, but so help me if I drop the cleaning rod against the stock of my Pedersoli P53 and it get a slight indentation that's visible in certain light.

Other people get honest wear. I get idiot scratches.
>>
>>33550697
They're all shit stories though.

>Harry Gatter and the dropped cleaning rod
>Harry Gatter and the accident with quick draw practice
>Harry Gatter and the set-down-on-the-bench-a-bit-too-hard
>Harry Gatter and the this-bayonet-won't-fucking-fit-jesus-christ-how-the-fuck-do-I-get-it-off-now?
>>
>>33550709
No, thats honest wear. If you put a scratch on something to make it look older than it would not be honest wear.

Mistakes happen, things fall over all the time and get dinged. Thats life, thats what you need to accept.
If I kept track of every scar on my body, the way you keep track of scratches, then I would never leave my house or do anything out of fear. Life is meant to be lived doing things, not sitting around afraid of what might happen.
Stratches happen, dings happen, rust and scars and worn out bodies happen. There is no way to stop it, so try to accept it, learn from your mistakes and forgive the past.
>>
File: 7c3.jpg (27KB, 650x600px) Image search: [Google]
7c3.jpg
27KB, 650x600px
>>33550736
>If you put a scratch on something to make it look older than it would not be honest wear.

Is this a thing?

I refuse to believe this is a thing.
>>
>>33550751
I've seen it done with new furniture (dressers, cabinets, tables, etc) to make it look like an antique. They would beat on it with chains, pour beverages on it and rub it into the wood to give it variations in stain, etc.
>>
>>33550751
When I played highschool football (American) some of the fucksticks I played with would scratch their helmets to make it look like they had made big tackles.
I have seen people do it with guns, one guy took his new glock 19 and put it to a buffing wheel to make it look like he had carried/owned it for a long time.
>>
>>33550751
It's called distressed or battle worn.
Some come right out of the box with it, and people pay a premium.
>>
>>33550765
This is somewhat less upsetting because I don't really care about furniture but it still sounds like it would look like absolute shit.
>>
>>33550751
>Is this a thing?

You'd have to be an enourmous faggot to do this, but shit, look around you mang.
>>
>>33550786
>I have seen people do it with guns, one guy took his new glock 19 and put it to a buffing wheel to make it look like he had carried/owned it for a long time.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that instead, it probably looked like he took a buffing wheel to it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.