[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me what'd be like or feel if the 40K military, specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 70

File: 1491357930097.jpg (200KB, 1241x869px) Image search: [Google]
1491357930097.jpg
200KB, 1241x869px
Tell me what'd be like or feel if the 40K military, specifically the Imperium's armed forces were to be in real life or in a realistic scenario?

What superiority would Imperial Guardsmen, Space Marines, Glorified White Haired not!bible wenches/nuns, AdMechs/Skiitarii and the imperium's various war machines have over realistic weaponry, tactics and startegey?

And what "realistic" forces would be able to beat them? Spoiler: None. The Imperium's military wins, as bad (and grimderp as it would sound) a small battallion of Space Marines can easily defeat the entire United States and Russian military combined, no questions.

Also I guess this can be a "/K/ 40K thread" since you /K/ guys seem to approve of Warhammer stuff being posted here.

And xenos and heretics need not apply.
>>
>>33538395
all have bong accents guvnor.

that's pretty much all I got.
>>
>>33538395
Every armored fighting vehicle in 40k pales in comparison to any modern MBT today.

The 40k Imperial infantry are ok. Their Airforce is garbage.
>>
>>33538395
Umm no drones in the Imperium military.
We go full A.I with machines and wipe them out, then die from our creations rebelling.
>>
>>33538493
>Every armored fighting vehicle in 40k pales in comparison to any modern MBT today.
They fixed that, yes their armor is thinner but it's made of sci-fi bullshit.
>>
Isn't a lasgun as powerful as a .50 cal or some shit?
>>
They have numbers and WMDs at missile spam levels of availability.

there is no scenario modern Earth forces win. Especially taking into account the fact the Imperium is space faring and could just as easily wait us out.

The only way to win is to hope that our planet was an Imperium world cut off by warp storms for the past 10k years and theyre here to reclaim us.
>>
>>33538395
>Tell me what'd be like or feel if the 40K military, specifically the Imperium's armed forces were to be in real life or in a realistic scenario?
Look in a history book and pick out any warrier you want, that's them with a good chance of lasers and sci-fi this and that, or not.
>>
>>33538493
>Their Airforce is garbage.
t.groundpounder
The Imperial navy is the pride of His armed forces.
>>
>>33538514
Eh, it burns through a lot of stuff and when it hits flesh the water turns to steam from the heat.
>>
>>33538438
So does that mean in 40K there're human who'd literally go "G'Day Chip chop cheerio!!" ???

>>33538514
Also to answer your question, its said the Lasgun (which I assume is 40K's way of saying 'laser rifle', right?) is the AK-47 of warhammer: built tough, alledgedly reliable, simple to use, simple to maintain with proper care and just plain durable.

And I beleive there's an excerpt from an actual 40K book that goes: "Your Lasgun is your best friend. YOu can take it to a jungle, dessert, swamp and it will work just well in ANY environement. You can even used it as a blunt instrument to club guys you hate, and it will still work fine. But not reccommended unless necessary.
>>
File: 1480729085499.jpg (383KB, 921x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480729085499.jpg
383KB, 921x960px
>>33538581
>Lasgun
Yeah, it's slang because the damn things are that common, lasers are one of the things the Imperium does have an understanding of.
Don't know why they'd use it as a club unless they've lost their bayonet though, of course there's a good chance they were never given one to begin with.
>>
File: tumblr_nw8244Zk5b1skaxu8o10_540.jpg (225KB, 534x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw8244Zk5b1skaxu8o10_540.jpg
225KB, 534x800px
Pic somewhat related. Would a realistic, modern day soldier wearing the same type of IOTV, kevlar and or PASGT combat gear be passed of as an IG? Especially if you give him just a Lasgun and slap a few golden skulls and the quilla on their uniforms?

What I mean by that is, would pic related can be what an IG can look like? Decked out in HSLD, but just imagine him weilding a lasgun and having 40K related insignias and markings on his uniform?
>>
>>33538651
No, individual guardsmen have much less equipment than that.
>>
>>33538651
It's not the equipment that makes the guardsmen, it's the administratum designation, they might not even get a lasgun.
pic not official art but I can't find my chart.
>>
>>33538395
Well I could say, realistically. Commissars are bad team leaders, mostly the generic unnamed ones.

>killing you own men over the littelest of things
>killing your own men over nothing but dumb reasons
>wasting assets by forcing your men to charge at something suicidal
>spend most of the time talking trash but when its time for them to actually start doing shit themselves, the run away with the tails tucked between their legs leaving their men to die

Plus if in a scenario that's just purely Imperial Guardsmen personnel versus "realistic" operators and soldiers who use actual tactics and combat strategies. No vehicles or mechanized assests involved.

A realistic sniper would spot a commissar among his men and snipe him easily because said commissar was being a loud mouth ravving autist wiht a bright and flashy uniform. All while waving his sword like a child.

Therefore cniping the commy and leading the guardsmen to dissarray
>>
File: 1429230710038.jpg (861KB, 2325x3225px) Image search: [Google]
1429230710038.jpg
861KB, 2325x3225px
Found it.
>>
File: Screenshot_4.png (345KB, 565x340px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.png
345KB, 565x340px
>>33538707

That really does sound like some sad shit.
>>
>>33538740

Also mother fuckin Death Korps.
>>
I don't even think body armor would be useful at all in the wh40k universe. Remember the IG has to fight giant tyranid monsters with claws that can rip through steel, tau an advanced alien race with crazy hot beam and plasma weapons that can melt just about anything, Orkz who use comically large guns and have super human strength, necrons with their bio weapon bullshit, literal immortal demons and much more over the top shit.
>>
>>33538707
>Dat 'Nam Catachan

Honestly, are Catachans supposed to be based off WW2-era (the ones in the pacific) and or Cold War-era American soldiers and GIs who have their sleeves rolled up, tops unbottened and having red bandanas? Atleast appearance wise?

'Cause when ever I look at a Catachan I just can't help but think of the typical US GI in vietnam or the WW2 American guys in the pacific.
>>
>>33538739
>Commissars are bad team leaders
Heretical propaganda.
>killing you own men over the littelest of things
Discipline is not "little".
>killing your own men over nothing but dumb reasons
Imperial laws are not "dumb".
>wasting assets by forcing your men to charge at something suicidal
What on holy Terra makes you think people are assets? Rest assured they were not wasted, merely spent.
>spend most of the time talking trash but when its time for them to actually start doing shit themselves, the run away with the tails tucked between their legs leaving their men to die
>Commissars
>Running
>A realistic sniper would spot a commissar among his men and snipe him easily because said commissar was being a loud mouth ravving autist wiht a bright and flashy uniform. All while waving his sword like a child.
Go ahead, Commissars aren't technically commanding officers, that aside best hope it's not Mordian Iron guards, las volley fire is not fun, and many have been lured into false superiority by the uniforms.
>>
File: 1468456975113 (1).png (272KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1468456975113 (1).png
272KB, 1000x1000px
>>33538395
Can we post 40K pics? A lot of 'em are pretty /k/ related and apporved
>>
>>33538769
They're meant to be vietnam, also I don't think he's catachan, not swole enough but I could be wrong.
>>
>>33538514
In the table-top a lasgun and an autogun have the same values (same range, damage and fire rate) and autoguns are comparable to modern assault rifles so lasguns aren't that much more powerful than things modern armies would use.

Heavy stubber is a strength 4 (lasgun is strength 3) LMG and is similar to modern LMGs when it comes to weight

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Heavy_stubber
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M240_machine_gun
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M249_light_machine_gun

So while capable of killing you they're nowhere near a .50 cal.
>>
>>33538651
>>
>>33538766

Body armor is always useful, because the #1 killer in warfare is shrapnel, not bullets. A guardsman in flak armor can survive a near miss from a bolter round, an unarmored guardsman can't, and that's the difference between increasing your target profile 10-20x.

When things like the XM-25 gets fielded more frequently, we can expect modern infantry to start getting more armor coverage. Proliferation of airburst weapons are going to make the life expectancy of unarmored infantry very very short.
>>
>>33538809
>In the table-top
That right there is your first mistake anon.
>>
>>33538825
>When things like the XM-25 gets fielded more frequently
An optimist I see.
>>
>>33538395
Probably just like being in the normal military except a thousand times worse. I mean you already feel worthless but in 40k you're literal stepping stone fodder. I mean for gods sake even your own officers are trying to kill you.
>>
>>33538615
>I get that reference.gif
>>
>>33538935
>Lord of War
>MyNigga.PNG
>>
>>33538809
The advantages of Lasguns are these.
>Stupid reliable. No moving parts, the only maintenance is cleaning the barrel/focus prism.
>Excellent weight to firepower ratio. A lasgun power cell can provide up to 150 shots on low/auto and 30 on full/semi.
>easy logistics. A power cell can be recharged by sunlight, wall/vehicle power outlet.
>Zero recoil/projectile drop. As per 3rd law of motion, there is no mass with a laser, so recoil is not an issue. However, heat is an issue requiring barrel replacement in order to keep beam focus.
>>
>>33538964

But there lies the question.
Even if a barrel is partially 'Shot Out' would
the lasgun still remain effective af even if it's less focused?
>>
File: Krieg_Soldat.jpg (132KB, 441x1087px) Image search: [Google]
Krieg_Soldat.jpg
132KB, 441x1087px
>The Krieg have gained a reputation for their grim attitude and uncompromising nature. Disdainful of retreat or surrender, and fighting without fear of death, the soldiers of Krieg seem to have no regard for their own lives. Indeed, the prevailing attitude amongst the Krieg is that they are little more than weapons for the Emperor’s will, faceless and infinitely replaceable behind their anonymous rebreather masks, and they hold self-sacrifice as the highest of ideals. Few other regiments feel entirely comfortable alongside the Krieg, with morale issues often arising as a result. Commissars assigned to Krieg regiments are not required to maintain order and zeal, as is normally the case, but rather, to ease interaction between Krieg and non-Krieg regiments and curb the self-sacrificial tendencies of their charges.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Korps_of_Krieg
>>
>>33539003
>fighting without fear of death

Isn't that something that pretty much every 40k factions does?
>>
>>33538740
>first pic
>chicken guards

kek
>>
>>33538395
idk about all this gay warhammer shit, but i can tell you now i would aim for the belt buckle.
>>
>Space Marines vs US Military
Assuming that this is a Codex-Adhering chapter, it only concists of a thousand men broken down to ten companies. hundred marines each.
This is a highly vulnerable setup, it leads to units being easily isolated. Focused artillery barrages and airstrikes, god forbid "cowardly" fighting to minimize losses, scorching the earth as you retreat to ensure that they have as little supplies as possible. Burn them down in morale and numbers until you can launch a counteroffensive.
From there it's just a case of splitting their lines with an armored spearhead and encircling with infantry to mop up the survivors.
They'd cost us significant losses in the end though.
>Imperial Guard vs US Military
Not sure how this would work out, IG seems to focus on trench warfare and mass artillery barrages, seems they haven't grasped the glory of combined arms warfare...
Of course all of this shit is supposition, 40K is a sci fi universe with statistics and designs mostly just to make shit look and sound cool.
>>
File: Basi1isk.png (360KB, 505x505px) Image search: [Google]
Basi1isk.png
360KB, 505x505px
A squad of guardsmen vs. a squad of most any first-world military would be pretty reasonably matched at least in terms of equipment. But once you get past the point of strategic warfare things start to slant rapidly in the IG's favor. They would have far less in the way of rules of engagement and would be quite happy to reduce urban centers to irradiated bomb craters with artillery, ICBMs and/or orbital strikes before sending in the troops to take it. They're not shy about attritional warfare having near-endless reserves while most any first-world military is going to be quite casualty-averse but many are also fairly competent when it comes to maneuver warfare.
>>
>>33539029
>Isn't that something that pretty much every 40k factions does?

Yeah, but they are all bioweapons are demons or some shit crazy shit, these are just suicidal fucks that don't give a damn.
>>
>>33539029
they are one of the few factions, albeit just forge world so not officially, in the board game that doesnt have to take morale checks. Even necrons have to take leadership tests. Although this was back in imperial armor vol. 3 in 2008 or 9 or some time around then.
>>
>>33539166
I worded that weird. Since they are forge world only they arent included in the normal rules of 40k. if they were the no leadership test would be broken as fuck imo. which is why they have specific rules so you can play them, but not in actual tournaments.
>>
>>33539003
my favorite <3 ily anon
>>
>>33539003
This undersells it. They WANT to die. Fighting. Valiantly.
>>
>>33538809
>and autoguns are comparable to modern assault rifles
that's where you're wrong, kiddo. Stubguns are modern day assault rifles. Autoguns are caseless future-tech. Stubguns are completely obsolete in wh40k and only really used by gangs and backwater PDFs
>>
>>33539029
Most factions talk about it. The kriegers live it.
>>
>>33539235

Not quite, heavy stubbers are still in use with the Imperium. You can still find what amounts to an M2 .50 cal on the commander's cupola of a Leman Russ or a Baneblade.
>>
File: kip dynamite.png (359KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
kip dynamite.png
359KB, 600x400px
>>33539235
>Your mom's a backwater PDF
>>
>>33539242
yep, even in the far future a burst of .50 cal will fuck people up. We're talking about assault rifles though, which are basically peashooters in wh40k
>>
I really feel like I know would be here.
>>
>>33538975
It would literally become a flashlight, as the barrel degrades both accuracy and damage suffer unlike a projectile weapons only accuracy suffers due to barrel wear.
>>
>>33539064
>it only concists of a thousand men
Men?
>This is a highly vulnerable setup, it leads to units being easily isolated.
True, but units vary.
>scorching the earth as you retreat to ensure that they have as little supplies as possible.
What makes you think they want anything you have?
> Burn them down in morale
Good luck.
>Focused artillery barrages and airstrikes
Not a gauranteed kill.
>From there it's just a case of splitting their lines with an armored spearhead
Can, meet canopener.
>and encircling with infantry to mop up the survivors
Similar tactics there.
I assume this was made without factoring in the Chapter fleet.
>Not sure how this would work out, IG seems to focus on trench warfare and mass artillery barrages, seems they haven't grasped the glory of combined arms warfare...
No no no anon, IG vary by regiment, where they were recruited, what they are issued with and how they are trained, there are as many regiments as there are ways to fight, also the IG are well aware of combined arms, which is why they have each regiment without so in the event of insubordination they can be more easily isolated, the combination happens at the army level.
>>
>>33539235
>and only really used by gangs and backwater PDFs
And low tech IG regiments, remember these guys are scraped together with literal cavemen, although most of the time they teach the caveman how to use a lasgun. Other than that there are WW-I rejects and flintlock users on the roster.
>>
Even if you take their overpowered numbers and space weapons away they would still overpower current military. IG have many laser weapons meaning they aren't as limited by ammunition supplies. The space marines are the real problem, they will deepstrike into command posts, government leadership and every airbase. There's really no way to fight space marines if they get close to anything important. Indoors it's beyond hopeless it's too close for most AT weapons, gas won't stop them and they will probably bring flamethrowers.

An aircraft carrier is screwed if a single terminator squad teleported onto it's deck. Around cities IG backed up by assault marines with jetpacks will leave few ways to prevent current military being picked off each time they try to fight IG forces.
>>
Friendly reminder IG design is stupidly retarded with the exception of the Elysians, Harkoni Warhawks and the Cadian shocktroops. Kriegers, praetorians, moridians and other meme designs are neckbeard levels of wankery. Functional scifi armor only. Not derivative old history cosplay.
>>
>>33538815
What soldier is that on the left? An Eastern European? 'Cause I'm assuming that flora camo.
>>
>>33538964
Yeah judging by the way the Lasgun's described, I'd love for such a weapon to exist if the only maintenance and cleaning is simply cleaning the barrel and polishing the focus prism. The glass-crystal thing that turns all that light into a concentrated blast, right?

The only thing the lasgun needs is a more sexy and more graceful and less boxy design in my opinion.
>>
Titan Legions > anything else
>>
File: laughing tom cruise.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
laughing tom cruise.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>33538788
>mfw typical imperial cocksucker who loves chocking on the "emperor's" dick
>>
>>33539235

Bullshit, autoguns aren't always caseless. Stubgun is just a general term for all chemical firearms that aren't bolters, autoguns included.
>>
>>33538739

Generally, killing an enemy's bad leader is a terrible idea. If he's fucking up, let him keep doing it.
>>
>>33538825

This. Not much is going to help you in the event of a direct hit, but armor will usually stop frag.
>>
>>33539064
Drones, coastal bombardment, artillery, planes, and various missiles should do it
They cant do shit if a load of missiles just appear from nowhere
>>
>>33540627
Only if you expect the missiles to do anything. They're kind of tough.
>>
File: Hellgun.png (208KB, 411x380px) Image search: [Google]
Hellgun.png
208KB, 411x380px
A standard lasgun has a certain amount of laspower with it's battery pack - I seem to recall they're about the size of a standard magazine; let's assume it's 1lb of the lasgun's 5lb's.
How much more powerful would a hellgun's laspower be it had a similar number of shots as a lasgun, but it had a 10kg backpack as a power source? Yikes.
>>
File: 1471929177554.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1471929177554.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>33538651
>>
>>33540856
That's from a Fantasy Flight RPG rulebook.
Going by the same source, a loaded M36 (standard) lasgun weighs 4kg, the charge pack being 0.4kg. A hellgun is 6kg plus backpack, which comes in 10kg as mentioned or 25kg.
A lasgun holds 60 rounds, a normal hellgun with a 10kg backpack only holds 30.

A normal lasgun does about as much damage as a handgun or assault rifle (1d10+3), a hellgun hits roughly as hard as a full size rifle or AMR (1d10+4).
The big difference is in penetration. A lasgun will lose damage potential immediately once it hits armor or cover, a hellgun will ignore 7 points of it which otherwise only sci-fi bullshit or vehicle mounted 40mm autocannons loaded with AP do.

Hellguns are perfect for killing man-sized insectoid aliens, bioengineered supersoldiers or armored car equivalents, but they don't hit that hard against soft targets.
>>
>>33539003

Dumb name
>>
File: 54th_Psian_Jackals.jpg (485KB, 1304x1828px) Image search: [Google]
54th_Psian_Jackals.jpg
485KB, 1304x1828px
fug, i'd pay to play a game like space marines but instead of a space marine like Titus, some kind of imperial guard special forces with tacticool stuff like star wars republic commando and a nice lore that might even get into the universe of Titus..

damm i'll probably never see it..
>>
File: 1288614093743.jpg (101KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
1288614093743.jpg
101KB, 640x560px
>>33541005
Very interesting stuff; a squad's worth of hellguns sounds dead killy. A modern special forces squad vs IG special forces squad almost sounds unfair at this point.
>>
File: warhawk.jpg (309KB, 1208x1804px) Image search: [Google]
warhawk.jpg
309KB, 1208x1804px
>>33538651
IG range from barbarians given matchlocks to ODST operators. Imperiums a big place
>>
This thread is gay and cancerous. OP should seriously contemplate suicide.
>>
>>33541116
though I wish at least they had real sights on their weapons
>>
>>33541078
Hellguns are stupidly op, they can pirce Space Marine armor and they wear Carapace Armor, which is full body level IV body armor. However, hellguns are expensive to manufacture, hard to maintain, and are heavy.
>>
>>33541125
Stormies do, as well as some high tech grenadier equivalent like the kasrkins. Plus its probably a halo like sight that shows up on their helmet
>>
File: muh dick.gif (1022KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
muh dick.gif
1022KB, 450x253px
>>33541137
>expensive to manufacture, hard to maintain, and are heavy.
just like muh dick
>>
>>33541137
Carapace armor is actually a generic term the Imperium gives to any sort of hard plates. Calling what Space Marines wear level IV armor is a bit of an understatement.
>>
>>33540274
This. A single titan legion could easily level a small country.
>>
>>33540103
>>33541070
>>33541116
>>33541125
These are cool regiments
>>
File: 1477478453763.png (205KB, 1568x2398px) Image search: [Google]
1477478453763.png
205KB, 1568x2398px
>>33541005
>(1d10+3)
Anon, tabletop doesn't transfer well.
>>
File: losing-faith.png (626KB, 613x653px) Image search: [Google]
losing-faith.png
626KB, 613x653px
>>33540434
>not enjoying the emperors dick

are you some kind of faggot?
>>
>>33541238
Numbers dude again.
Space marine power armor is 10 points for the torso and 8 for all other locations, plus 8 toughness, which is granted by the grafted-on underarmor and genetically engineered skin, flesh and bones.

That means that 40% of all shots from even a regular lasgun will penetrate the most heavily armored sections of the plate armor itself, 60% of all hits can get through the arms, legs or helmet. None will ever actually deal lasting damage, barring crits (lucky hits to the eye or similar).

In other words: Space marine armor isn't level IV.
The chest isn't even IIA, it will be penetrated by .380 equivalent in 30% of all hits. Frankly, it's pretty shitty armor.
The space marines are just tough enough to shrug off most things that get through.
>>
>>33541437
It does, and it's more believable than most of your picture actually.
>>
>>33538395
Don't know about the cooling properties of their armor, but what if napalm and cook marines and end world hunger with the barbecue you produce
>>
>>33541510
>It does
Right, bolters translate so well on the table.
>and it's more believable than most of your picture actually.
It's fiction, believable isn't a factor.
>>
>>33541563
>bolters translate so well on the table
Mind telling me how they don't

>It's fiction, believable isn't a factor
This meme needs to die. If believability wasn't a factor in fiction, it'd all be Alice in Wonderland and superhero comics.
>>
>>33539064
They often send 1-3 companies of Marines to fight millions, they are stupidly overpowered in the lore. If they sent the entire Chapter you truly are fucked, especially since their battle barges alone (1 per company) could fuck up the planet.
>>
>Earth vs a Galactic Empire that's been at war since the dawn of time

>Not to mention fluff
>>
>>33538395
firing a weapon that seals the wound it causes by cauterizing the flesh which is in some way better than the "primitive" weapons that shoot traditional bullets that allow your enemies to bleed out...

the only plus is that you can throw the "lasmags" in a fire or sunlight to recharge them so that you can burn a hole through your skull before your commissar shoots you himself out of frustration.

And that's only the icing on the cake, now you've survived fighting heretics and all their corrupting chaos magic only for the Inquisition to show up and their only goal is to turn you into a gape jawed vegetable so you cannot warn others of the dangers of chaos just so they can justify continuing a war on chaos that spreads...

its no wonder people turn to chaos when your own side wants you to kill others only so they can kill you later with approval.
>>
>>33538395
Imperial guard is basically ww2 russia with better toys. Cheap disposable humans, shitty tactics, basic armor. Tau are modern US military (minus the filthy communism). Mobility, maneuver, integrated arms.
>>
File: Okrkhunter.png (157KB, 627x400px) Image search: [Google]
Okrkhunter.png
157KB, 627x400px
im a quiet fella and the outdoors so i gotta go with these guys
>>
>>33541000
Inquisition pls go
>>
>>33538438
this always thought every one speaking english in the 40k time would have american accent cos of hollywood movies and shit
>>
>>33541897
>lasgun fire cauterizes wounds

it superheats a small area, flash-boiling the water in a small volume of the target's body and causing an explosion due to the sudden increase in volume of the expanding gas. It bites chunks of body off of the poor bastard that's going to get hit.
>>
File: 4cf.jpg (53KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
4cf.jpg
53KB, 600x563px
>>33541897

fuck off to the eye of terror scum
>>
>>33538769
They're supposed to be literally Rambo.

So yes.
>>
>>33540414
Anon, what the fuck!?
>>
>>33539235
Not quite. The actual distinction between "autogun" and "stub"-anything is poorly defined in the canon, with similar firearms being called something different than one another.

Generally "stub" anything refers to something like you'd find during the late 19th century to the 1930s; revolvers and machine guns and the like. Whereas "auto" guns are generally something like you'd see in during the Cold War like Uzis, M16s, FALs, or "futuristic" spacebricks like the G11.
>>
File: 1480485683948.jpg (70KB, 368x252px) Image search: [Google]
1480485683948.jpg
70KB, 368x252px
>>33539293
>tfw JMB's guns/ammo will outlive time itself
>>
>>33538395
i want that belt buckle
>>
Would greaves like that even be worth wearing?
>>
>>33539293
>which are basically peashooters in wh40k

Actually, if you go by the tabletop RPG rules they deal exactly the same damage per shot.

The biggest difference is in what fire modes you can use, and what the magazine size and ammunition types you can use are.
>>
File: 20150416103741-c2e3e993-me.jpg (174KB, 792x594px) Image search: [Google]
20150416103741-c2e3e993-me.jpg
174KB, 792x594px
>>33540223
Russian soldier, regular army, probably a vehicle crewman because soldiers tend to avoid 74us if they actually expect to ever have to actually shoot them.
>>
>>33541499
A vanilla Space Marine has 4 Toughness, and 3+ armor save, a Lasgun is 3 strength, so Marines can tank lasgun fire all day.
>>
>>33538740
>Ogryn

That`s fookin Ork painted white
>>
>>33538438
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 318x159px
>>33543933
>>
>>33538615
Is that fucking lord of war?
Holy shit fukken saved good shit anon.
>>
>Would advantages would a hyper-advanced space-faring military with laser guns and war machines the size of cities have over realistic armies?

Gee I dun-fuckin-no

Are you literally 12?
>/K/
Get the fuck out, newfag.
>>
>>33543876
Why's that?
>>
>>33538740
>Al-Arach
>Cult dominated world
Subtle bantz
>>
>>33538514
Lasgun are not really powerful but easy production / maintenance / reliable
>>
>>33544128
Also ammo is really fucking easy to make/transport large quantities of.
>>
>>33538395
>lasguns
THIS IS MY FLASHLIGHT, THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE
>>
>>33539293
>peashooters
Anon, there's plenty of ammunition configurations and reloads for these babies to be used effectively. Especially if you can modernize them.
>>
>>33541047
The whole world war 1 german theme sucks. They should have been more like the game Metro 2033 Rangers.
>>
>>33538514
The lasgun is the standard service rifle(?) of Imperial armed forces. It is, as I recall, a select single/burstfire laser weapon renowned for its legendary durability, ease of manufacture, ease of use, and low cost of munitions. While it will burn the SHIT out of you, it is by no means as strong as a fiddycal. If anything, the attempt to compare damage from kinetic weapons to damage from energy weapons is pretty stupid, given that their mechanisms of injury are totally different.
>>
>>33541499
You forget that the armor in the rpgs was balanced to account for the Marine toughness bonus, which mitigates damage as well. Assuming a standard Marine, that's 4 points of damage. I forget how the unnatural toughness trait interacts with it. In some versions, it'd double the TB for damage mitigation. In others, it only adds 2 to it.
>>
>>33538739
>implying the IG wouldn't start a party on seeing their commissar die
>>
>>33543889
By your own rules you mean it has an approximate 50% chance of being able to tank 6 lasgun shots
>>
>>33544319
indeed
>>
File: 4barOc7.png (461KB, 1000x764px) Image search: [Google]
4barOc7.png
461KB, 1000x764px
>>33538395

absolutely disorganized rant warning

Despite the powerful technology of the imperium, their strategic and tactical doctrines are an absolute pile of fucking garbage. The organizational structure, while practical for stopping the spread of heresy, is very weak and absolutely inferior to 21st century organization. The missions performed by imperium units are on par with WWII. As far as I am aware, there is no real electronic warfare in 40k, like jamming or reconnaissance. the RC-135 can linger near enemy territory and intercept any kind of communication signals. the EC-130 can jam communication. The imperium, as far as I am aware, doesnt even use this kind of technology. when the enemy knows your battle plans or can disable your communication, you are fucked.

dont even get me started on 40k airplanes. absolute horseshit, not aerodynamic at all, 1950s level technology (except the armaments).

imperium would kick ass at infantry engagements, but would fail really fucking hard because of our air superiority.
>>
>>33538514
I had the notion that the lasgun was the weakest small arm in the entire 40K universe; isn't there are quote comparing it to a flashlight?
>>
>>33541437
It does when you realize the average person has ~8-15 HP.
>>
>>33544426
the things they have to fight make 50 cal feel like 22lr
the lasgun while strong is basically a flashlight
>>
>>33544184
Do not confuse flashlight with fleshlight.. It would be extremely painful.
>>
>>33544426
Lasgats are the 5.56mm AR pattern rifles of 40k- cheap to make, easy to use, available in a wide variety, and will kill most humanoid things dead.
>>
>>33538395

>What superiority would Imperial Guardsmen, Space Marines, Glorified White Haired not!bible wenches/nuns, AdMechs/Skiitarii and the imperium's various war machines have over realistic weaponry, tactics and startegey?

Depends of which group. There's Imperial Guard and Space Marine groups who will charge headlong into battle, suffer gruesome causalities, thus wasting away lives to bolster Khorne and Nurgles skulls and deaths, and there are Imperial Guard and Space Marine groups that will apply squad based tactics that act fairly realistically (i.e. using cover, squad tactics beyond fix bayonets, flanking, set up perimeter, etc.).

Generally elites such as the Kasrkin and Harakoni Warhawks (MARSOC and Delta force 38k years into the future). Specialists groups like the Catachan Jungle Fighters and Tanith First and Only apply stealth tactics, similar to recon.

>And what "realistic" forces would be able to beat them? Spoiler: None. The Imperium's military wins, as bad (and grimderp as it would sound) a small battallion of Space Marines can easily defeat the entire United States and Russian military combined, no questions.

Space Marines have been decimated by something as simple as swarms of heretics wielding simplistic melee weapons (i.e. clubs and swords), as well as giant bugs. Additionally, heavy stubbers (i.e. M2 Browning) and shotguns have decimated traitor force space marines. Unless there's something super fucking special about them (a.k.a. Matt Ward magic plot shield), or are smart enough to realize blasting shit from space is a better solution, they're fucked for any headlong battles.

However if they're smart about it, like infiltrating societies, winning hearts and minds, yada yada, they might get some leeway.

You have to remember, they are still human, just evolved.

>b-but my librarian
Can only do so much and their abilities vary greatly. You can either get vomit mcflamo or you can get 800 year old virgin, i mean super magical wizard.
>>
>>33544059
Too short. Yeah they're light and handy, but they're plagued by heat problems when fired rapidly, accuracy problems, and do not handle automatic fire well in any regard.
>>
File: diddly.jpg (103KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
diddly.jpg
103KB, 400x398px
>>33544426
>>
>>33544426
They're the weakest standard service weapon. That doesn't make them weak, they just have stiff competition
>>
>>33539177
They still have some leadership tests, but it's not as a big problem for them as for anyone else. All in all, DKoK are actually really well balanced - they hit like a fucking truck with engineers digging down tunnels under you, amazing artillery, Rough Rider charges and are able to bog down basically everyone with insane amount of bodies, but, ironically enough, they tend to lose in the end due to attrition, which is why you usually want allies like Space Marines with them - Death Korps carry the game while Space Marines do what Space Marines should, hit valuable targets like HQ and shit.
>>
File: 1465845820716.jpg (61KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1465845820716.jpg
61KB, 600x450px
>>33545146
isn't it possible, though an incredible afront to the machine spirit, to overclock a lasgun to BTFO entire buildings and shit?
>>
>>33538740
>bushmen of serica
looks like theres a rhodiefag at games workshop
>>
>>33545026
IG unfunny memes thread? IG unfunny memes!
>>
>>33545582
>overclock
do you mean repurpose because it's like turning an AR-15 into a block of plastic explosives
>>
>>33541125
the ridge on the top of lasguns is an integrated scope
>>
>>33538740
>tall hat dudes
>severe losses at Battle of low corridor

GW, you used to be funny back in the day,.
>>
File: 1276822119516.jpg (86KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
1276822119516.jpg
86KB, 407x405px
>>
File: uptssvqj.jpg (53KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
uptssvqj.jpg
53KB, 407x405px
>>
>>33541070
Imagine a game set in an IG squad of whom you are a grun to begin with. The setting is an Imperial planet dealing with an insurrection or Ork assault that then morphs into a Nids assault which wakes up the Necrons on the planet which then makes the Eldar intervene and then the Chaos gods get aroused all this done by the guys who did Republic Commando.
>>
>>33539419
>Not a gauranteed kill.
Outside a plot armor bullshit? Yes it is. An artillery strike on your position, even when you're in a few tons of armor, will fuck you up.
>>
File: 0ba.jpg (40KB, 661x720px) Image search: [Google]
0ba.jpg
40KB, 661x720px
>>33545918
Oh man I wish GW gave out it's licensing to decent companies.
>>
File: 1276822244287.jpg (69KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
1276822244287.jpg
69KB, 407x405px
>>
>>33545582
A regular lasgun? They have different settings, but not that powerful.
>>
>Be you
>Alien
>Come to Earth seeking cows and new friends
>Announce arrival, set meeting with world leaders
>Be at meeting, infront of crowds and press
>Must love this alien sexiness
>Look out at crowd
>Large number of humans dressed in khaki clothes
>Some degenerate tradition? Cultural bullshittery?
>Hear 'BURN THE XENOS'
>Khaki wearing humans charge stage screaming at the top of their lungs
>Captain Sperg in Charge is wearing black coat and some stupid looking cap
>Whip out sick fuckin death ray, start incinerating
>Oncoming wave of screaming autists falters, my superior technology frightens them
>Hat Fag starts screaming autistically, pulls out some sort of hand weapon
>mfw he caps the nearest khaki-wearing moron to restore morale
>Kahkis resume mass charge
>Incinerate many more before overwhelmed by sheer numbers
>mfw beaten to death by a bunch of fags screaming about an 'Emperor'
>mfw
>>
File: 029 - VcbgyWQ.jpg (46KB, 562x887px) Image search: [Google]
029 - VcbgyWQ.jpg
46KB, 562x887px
The Imperial guard has vastly different tactics and training for every regiment. You have the ones that emphasize squad based tactics and are actually smart (Elysian, Cadian, Armageddon, etc), then there are the trench warfare spam bodies all day every day. The only standard for every Imperial Guard regiment are lasguns and flak armour.
>>
>>33540242
HERITIC!!!! also there are a ton of different patterns to fit your tastes.
>>
>>33538581
Wouldn't all the water vapor and foliage in a jungle or swamp environment attenuate or just outright block a laser though?
>>
>>33546264
>implying the autists that show up to cons aren't filthy Tau sympathisers
>>
>>33546278
>The only standard for every Imperial Guard regiment are lasguns and flak armour
Not even that. Some feral worlds use naught but swords, spears, and their native garb. But yes, the vast majority are so equipped
>>
>>33546639
Fair point. Dirty little space commies.
>>
>>33538514
While the other anon is right about the strength value being around that of a modern assault rifle, there are in-universe examples of the power of the beam being modifiable, so I guess the answer is maybe?
>>
File: KriegGren.jpg (171KB, 535x933px) Image search: [Google]
KriegGren.jpg
171KB, 535x933px
The Death Korps has a special place in my heart
>>
File: Gi_krieg_kapitan.jpg (457KB, 652x1107px) Image search: [Google]
Gi_krieg_kapitan.jpg
457KB, 652x1107px
>>33547114
>>
>>33547129
I fucking wish I had this much swagger
>>
File: OrphellionIII.jpg (285KB, 1200x686px) Image search: [Google]
OrphellionIII.jpg
285KB, 1200x686px
>>33538516
>theyre here to reclaim us.

I would fucking enlist immediately.
>>
File: DeathKorpscosplay.jpg (234KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
DeathKorpscosplay.jpg
234KB, 1024x683px
>>33547178
but you can anon
>>
>>33539235
Nigger the AdMech, the most technologically advanced faction in the imperium, uses a pintle mounted heavy stubber on their tanks

I mean it's also got a hyperactive machine spirit that literally guides the bullets but that's irrelevant
>>
>>33541137
Space Marines wear power armor. Totally different from carapace armor
>>
>>33544404
Actually in some of the books it does have some of that stuff, it's just kind of... weird

In the iron warriors omnibus it describes a dark mechanicum tech priest and a techmarine trying to out hack each other to gain control of a giant fuck off space station, until the priest wins and the techmarines brain melts out of his ears

The dark mechanicum uses "scrapcode", which is daemonically infected strings of code that can kill machine spirits and posses vehicles, while the AdMech uses "psalms" for basically the same effect, and there's also noospheric warfare, which is the 40k equivalent of the internet

Sicarian Infiltrators also have a weird thing, I'm not even sure what I'd call it, but it fucks with people in non kinetic ways so I'll include it

>their neurostatic bombardment robs their victims of their senses. When hunting, they emit a white noise that fills the visual, auditory and even olfactory spectrums with static, leaving their foes all but helpless before the killing begins

So I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, I'm just saying it's a big universe, anything could happen. Can you tell I play skitarii?
>>
File: 1449270763762.png (2MB, 2133x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1449270763762.png
2MB, 2133x1920px
What is the correct choice for a best friend and why is it a Guardsman?
>>
File: 1448721507514.png (188KB, 419x461px) Image search: [Google]
1448721507514.png
188KB, 419x461px
>>33546639
>>33546757
learn to spot the signs and there is nothing to fear from space commies
>>
>>33546545
They state that is the case, but due note that jungle warfare is under 50M. Sandstorms, government and rain fuck with lasers as well.
>>
>>33547703
in a completely rational sense, anything aside from tau is bogus

in a completely horny sense, anything aside from guardsman is bogus

in a completely wicked futuristic gnarly sense, anything aside from berzerker is bogus
>>
File: 1490906747580.jpg (67KB, 400x334px) Image search: [Google]
1490906747580.jpg
67KB, 400x334px
>>33545582
Yes, that's tech heresy. Do you want to be turned into a servitor?
>>
>>33548129
>not the commissar
He fills the role of Guardsman but you also get tons of cash and fame. High chance of getting assasinated if he's too competent and he forces you to make the wrong enemies. But he'll also kill you if you try to back down from said enemies.
>>
>>33538740
>>33543924

why the fuck is the Empire not exterminating the Ogryns. They are fucking mutants.
>>
>>33547129
>>33547178
Alas in reality, no military officer or field officer in the front lines can never and should not dress up like a 40K commissar or wear flashy uniforms like that for reasons such as.

Your fancy uniform getting snaggeed, scratched, easily ruined. And it will make you an easy target for enemy snipers and or assassins who'll be all like:

>Hey that guy wearing such an important looking uniform looks significant and important. I'm gonna kill him to make the enemy personnel shit their pants, assuming that's their commander I just killed.
>LOL that officer must be an autist, he's literally waving a cavalry saber like a child with tourettes syndrome.
>WTF, lol!? He killed his own men for some stupid reason, who're these guys? Twelve year olds?
>>
>>33541579
>Mind telling me how they don't
Strength: 4 AP: 5 Range: 24" Class: Rapid Fire
For the small cannon that shoots armor piercing rockets.
>This meme needs to die.
The hell it does, I don't know if you've noticed but it is all Alice in wonderland and superhero comics.
And when the tabletop says a laser weapon has minimal penetration clearly they're fudging it for balance.
>>
File: WH_Faces_(5).jpg (115KB, 700x590px) Image search: [Google]
WH_Faces_(5).jpg
115KB, 700x590px
/k/ and /tg/ should crossover more
>>
>>33538615

saved.jpg.

thank you anon
>>
>>33544270
>While it will burn the SHIT out of you, it is by no means as strong as a fiddycal
Considering it's piercing potential it's worse.
>>
>>33548414
No, they're abhumans.
Mutants only happen with chaos fuckery.
>>
>>33548414
They serve a purpose, and are a "stable" mutation, caused by living in hi-grav worlds, not caused by Chaos. They are 100% human it would like killing blacks for having black skin.
>>
>>33548489
>Alas in reality, no military officer or field officer in the front lines can never and should not dress up like a 40K commissar or wear flashy uniforms like that for reasons such as.
I seriously disagree.
>Your fancy uniform getting snaggeed, scratched, easily ruined.
Such is life.
>And it will make you an easy target for enemy snipers and or assassins
Do it, the easiest solution to a sniper is massed infantry.

Then there's some heretical dribble.
>That gallant example of Imperial masculinity is clearly of importance, killing him will not be easy.
>In all his courage he challenged the enemy to honorable close combat and inspires his men.
>He does not shy away from his duty of dispensing justice.
>>
>>33538615
Holy fuck, took me a hot minute to catch that reference. Solid work anon
>>
>>33548595
Not just chaos. It'll happen normally, and colonies of mutants former in some worlds. They are hunted down. Or just put to death when born. 99%of mutants are not chaos related
>>
File: Ogryn_Squad_Commissar.png (1MB, 915x683px) Image search: [Google]
Ogryn_Squad_Commissar.png
1MB, 915x683px
>>33548595

In an Imperium where the purity of Man is extolled, seems to me that mutants would be inevitably targeted
>>
File: laughing elves.jpg (355KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughing elves.jpg
355KB, 446x400px
>>33548643
>>33538788
>seeing these imperialists being this assblasted
>>
>>33540477
>"Do not interrupt your enemy when he/they are making a mistake." -Napoleon Boneparte
>>
>>33543770
Glock fags btfo forever.
>>
>>33548759
>mutants would be inevitably targeted
They are. But not before the useful ones are put to good and expendable use
>>
File: Military Operatives.png (737KB, 1803x615px) Image search: [Google]
Military Operatives.png
737KB, 1803x615px
>>33538651
>>33538707
I guess pic(s) related will work as IG's apperance-wise.

>1/3
>>
File: Mercenaries 1.png (748KB, 1808x614px) Image search: [Google]
Mercenaries 1.png
748KB, 1808x614px
>>33548950
>>
>>33548844
>seeing these imperialists being this assblasted
>these imperialists
>imperialists
>plural
Anon, you underestimate my autism.
>>
File: Mercenaries 2.png (1MB, 2130x690px) Image search: [Google]
Mercenaries 2.png
1MB, 2130x690px
>2/3 was >>33548965

>3/3

Pics of soldiers that could be considered as IG's appearance-wise.
>>
>>33538438

>guvnor

Fuck you and every other dumb faggot who says "guvnor" whenever they do a fucking bong accent. You can convey the fact that you're speaking with a British accent without saying "guvnor", but for some reason everybody fucking does it.
>>
>>33548844
Talk shit till the imperials rolls up on your hood. That Elf pussy is beyond sweet.
>>
>>33538845
What do you think a Bolter is?
>>
>>33549031

>Imperium of Man invades Eldar world
>After brief resistance and many casualties, Imperium prevails
>Guardsmen go on rape orgies of Eldar
>Imperium hears about it, conducts Exterminatus on everyone on the planet

such is life
>>
>>33538514

Ignore all other replies, most weapon strength in 40k depends on who's writing it. Sometimes it's just slightly more effective than one of those $300 laser pointers that can pop balloons, and others it's an extremely effective assault weapon that will blow chunks through unprotected flesh via exploding oxygen and water in the skin turning to steam. Fluff is really inconsistent.

If you wanna go with the tabletop rules, you might as well arm your military with Ruger 10/22s and non jacketed ammo.
>>
>>33549071
Damn that's one fucking party if the fun police step in. Totally fucking worth it though senpai.
>>
>>33539003
>Are these the Nazi's Walter?
>Nah Donnie, these men are nihilists. Nothing to be afraid of.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AEMiz6rcxc
>>
>>33549069
An armor piercing,rocket propelled version of that, however what on Earth would warrant the mass fielding of man portable grenade launchers.
>>
>>33548759
>all their footlockers are full of jelly donuts.png
>>
File: 1488262067212.jpg (63KB, 490x497px) Image search: [Google]
1488262067212.jpg
63KB, 490x497px
>>33538740
>Rasak 'Bloodpools'
>96% casualties

Ultrakek
>>
>>33548844
>tfw human race was at one time more advanced than the Eldar empire
>tfw we've could've had good things together, but time and fate saw otherwise
>>
>>33544426
Well when the next level up Is a .75 caliber explosive gyrojet. I feels kinda wimpy
>>
>>33549317

the xenos scum are married?
>>
File: kill all ayys.jpg (112KB, 600x749px) Image search: [Google]
kill all ayys.jpg
112KB, 600x749px
>>33549317
>Forgeting the word of the Commander and his prophet, Bradford

Death to all aliens
>>
File: 1438027438582.jpg (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1438027438582.jpg
80KB, 500x500px
>>33549317
>>
>>33549388
>>33549317

man i wish they had a panel for Necrons and Tyranids
>>
>>33548885
Glock's are alive and well.
>>
>>33539003
Why does everyone love the Krieg so much? Is it because of the epic nihilistic space Wehrmacht meme?
>>
>>33549564
Explodes as much.
>>
>>33549317
Humanity had tech that makes the NECRONS go WTF. The Eldar DID NOT want to fuck with us, they were too busy fucking themselves.
>>33549405
On 1d4Chan there is a fabric about Flayed Ones, think T-800 and Edward scissorhands fucked and made a baby, then instead of growing flesh they would rather rip it off you. While you are still alive, slowly. The Flayed One remembers when it was a Necrontyr and when it does, it has just murdered some living creature, imagine being mind controlled only to wake up after butchering oftentimes innocent people and realize it's going to happen again, and again.
>>
File: 32423424.jpg (79KB, 519x620px) Image search: [Google]
32423424.jpg
79KB, 519x620px
A better question,

Where in the Imperium do you see yourself possibly surviving either barely or at relative equal comfort youre used to here on Earth. Maybe some agri world far away from any figthin? or maybe youre adept at being a greyman and could hack it in the streets of a hive world.

Either way, Where could you realistically place yourself in the galaxy of the 41st millennium?
>>
>>33548950
>>33548965
>>33548996
Perhaps, but maybe sure, why not? Those soldiers in terms of appearance can be waved off guardsmen, maybe Chadians or tempest us scions wearing light hear and HSLD.

Also those character models. Those are NPC/character models from Black Ops 2, right?
>>
>>33549591
They're based off of WW1 German soldiers, and fans love them because THEY GIVE NO FUCKS. They will charge an objective till either they are dead, or they have taken the objective. Comissars are issued to Kriegers for several reasons. One reason is to interact with other units, as Kreigers have ZERO social skills. Another is probably the coolest reason, a comissar would order them to RETREAT. As I've said before Kreigers GIVE NO FUCKS, however Generals don't want their Guardsmen dying for no good reason.
>>
>>33549720
I'd might as well try my luck in fraternizing with a space elf cutie in times of having to work with them together to solve some big problem that'd benefit us both.
>>
>>33549741
>trying to realistically survive in 40kverse
>fraternizing with xenos
You're the first to die
>>
>>33549735
You gotta love how they are based off of WW1 era soldiers, to the point they wear WW1 uniforms. But essentially they behave AND act like WW2 German Nazis.
>>
>>33549747
But commissar, I have a crush on that Banshee. Wish me luck, I'll give her my umber and social media contact info.
>>
>>33549720
Probably on some backwater civilized world working some easy metropolis-esque pull lever all day job.
>>
>>33549762
>social media contact info.
Which one? Servitor-snap? Aqullia-Book? Emperor-Gram?
>>
>>33549767

Imperialbaumsworld
>>
File: LCB_Logo1.jpg (54KB, 646x457px) Image search: [Google]
LCB_Logo1.jpg
54KB, 646x457px
>>33549317
We can always pretend...
>>
>>33546169
You can overcharge lasgun batteries to make them explode, but your local techpriest will get mad.
>>
File: 165685484.png (821KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
165685484.png
821KB, 1280x738px
>>33549767
>Aqullia-Book
>Not GorkBook
>>
File: AdMech_Couple.jpg (136KB, 544x750px) Image search: [Google]
AdMech_Couple.jpg
136KB, 544x750px
>>33549720
Forge world. Parents are managers for varying industries. Probably end up joining the Skitarii or Adeptus Mechanicus medical division given my job path.
>>
>>33549720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pywjdJ7P-7o
>>
>>33539003

But do they yell out "aloha snackbar" under the mask though?
>>
>>33549751
>>33549735
Just seems like a pretty big meme, to be honest.
>>
>>33549842
ALL OF 40K IS A MEME.
>>
>>33549842
Take this uncanny valley chart. Now instead of familiarity and human likeness, we put enjoyment and edginess. Doom and WH40k live past the dip.
>>
File: 450px-Mori_Uncanny_Valley.svg.png (22KB, 450x351px) Image search: [Google]
450px-Mori_Uncanny_Valley.svg.png
22KB, 450x351px
>>33549866
Ffs, forgot to add chart. Captcha reset n' shit.
>>
>>33549591
Autism. DKoK makes absolutely zero sense, but theyre not even the worst transgressor. You even have guard regiments looking (and fighting) like musket era line infantry. I swear some of the writers and fans are idiots.
>>
>>33545780

Have you been reading the Regimental Standard? They might be coming back to the old days...
>>
>>33550048
>You even have guard regiments looking (and fighting) like musket era line infantry.

I'll give you a hint on why it's like this, it starts with s, has at in it, and rhythms with ire.
>>
>>33550048
>DKoK makes absolutely zero sense
How do you mean?
>You even have guard regiments looking (and fighting) like musket era line infantry.
What is the problem here? Especially regarding the Mordian Iron Guard who have adamantium sown into their uniforms, giving them carapace grade protection. Many an enemy has fallen for this trap.
>>
>>33550048

One of the things you have to remember about 40k is that the underlying concept is 100% Rule of Cool.
>>
>>33545582
Yeah, if you fuck with the batteries you can get the whole thing to explode with enough force to take out a dreadnaught. Not sure why they don't all just do that, but the Mechanicus will probably flay you
>>
>>33550136
>Not sure why they don't all just do that, but the Mechanicus will probably flay you
You've answered your own question anon.
>>
File: Commissar Logic.jpg (66KB, 960x727px) Image search: [Google]
Commissar Logic.jpg
66KB, 960x727px
>>33550080
>satire
This anon gets it. A lot of the lore about the Imperium and the IG in particular is making fun of class divisions. It's not for nothing that millions of Guardsmen are thrown into meat grinders while their commanders sip amasec 50 miles from the front line.

More broadly speaking, it is sometimes commentary on war itself and the causes/execution of it. There are stories of various regiments or organizations (Mechanicum/Administratum/etc) fighting each other for no real reason. The Imperial Guard is also often depicted as being stuck in the popular view of World War I-style tactics. Human waves and stalemates abound.
>>
>>33550048
Youre the autistic one that cant enjoy a little bit of nonsense, 40k has no basis in reality deal with it or gtfo
>>
>>33549720
That's easy.
At a Civilized World that has technological level at or above Imperial norm.
>>
>>33550080
>>33550146
>>33550119
Oh don't get me wrong, a fictional work with a race such as the Orks was never meant to be taken seriously. It's a very lowbrow form of irony and sarcasm, with a rather on the nose depiction of political ideology (mostly the dangers of fascism with the IoM). Which is fine, it's not supposed to be an engaging treatise with a profound and evocative subtext. That being said, parts of the fluff are retarded (and break internal consistency) and the wildly fantastical IG regiments are a part of that problem. They are quite literally self inserts both fueled and mutated by a horribly inaccurate a-historical understanding of warfare (or rather periods of warfare). At least the various space marine successor chapters can be excused by the universes internal logic. No such luck for the guard.

>>33550130
Very true, cool is subjective though.

>>33550187
There's plenty of nonsense in the 40k IP, I just prefer it to be more abstract (Orks notwithstanding).
>>
>>33550396
>(and break internal consistency)
This is a feature, as it's been so long and there are so many lies and half truths, no one knows the full story.
>They are quite literally self inserts both fueled and mutated by a horribly inaccurate a-historical understanding of warfare (or rather periods of warfare).
To translate, "It's not how I would have done it so it's retarded."
>>
>>33549591
I like them for their looks. I like to run them as mechanized though. I hate painting armies that I have to sweep off the board with a dustbin.
>>
>>33543504
>Implying servant of the emperah.

He's right you know. The SpaceMuhreens don't use portable lasguns to mop up and you would need a higher output that is just enough for armor incineration but still too overkill for a single man. You think the Xeno's are going to actually get beat with guardsman or PDF alone without any escalation? That never happens.
>>
>>33544059
>Why's that?

The actual sights and the barrel length makes it so that the 74u is almost PDW tier and you will need an optical sight to aim precisely do to goalpost sights.
>>
>>33549023
Fuck off guvnor
>>
>>33549317
>>tfw we've could've had good things together,
Eldar's sheer stupidity and arrogance wouldn't let that happen
>>
>>33549361

The Exodites usually form up as militias known as Guardians as those of the population are not currently on a warrior path but volunteers that usually fulfill support roles or buy time for arrival of the Warhost.
>>
>>33544289
Dude I literally mentioned the toughness bonus of 8 in the first paragraph. Did you even read what you replied to?

>>33548522
That's the tabletop wargame, not the RPG. Get your shit right and try again.
>>
>>33548129
in a completely loyal sense, anything aside from The Emperor is bogus
>>
>>33547703
ALL HAIL THE GOD EMPEROR OF MANKIND. THROUGH HIM ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.
>>
File: so much why.gif (3MB, 515x479px) Image search: [Google]
so much why.gif
3MB, 515x479px
>>33549720
Hive world.

Help me.
>>
>>33543933
Someone needs to make a KF WH40k mod.
>>
>>33550624
Well, technically, it was developed as PDW for vehicle crewmen and pilots. However, using intermediate cartridge, wasn`t too good idea. Universal ammo and all, however, 5.45 mm bullets tend to ricochet and overpenetrate in buildings.
>>
>>33549671
This is oldcrons definition of flayed ones
>>
>>33538395
Reminder Tyranids can and would rape any living race not using exterminatus
>>
>>33552434
I thought those were just genestealers.
>>
>>33552449
How much of any given empirical planet do you think are genestealers biding their time?
(Hint, it's more than 20%)
>>
>>33552512
So basically, genestealers are a bit like nigs: They find a nice place to settle down, keep themselves to themselves, then before you know it everything's gone to shit and there's millions of the fuckers smashing shit up.
Knew I shoulda painted them dark colors.
>>
>>33552695
And they make cults out of the existing population to defend their behaviours, so exactly like nigs
>>
File: Tank commissar.jpg (278KB, 1730x829px) Image search: [Google]
Tank commissar.jpg
278KB, 1730x829px
IG tactics are somewhat special
>>
File: 1490824429377.jpg (842KB, 3000x2251px) Image search: [Google]
1490824429377.jpg
842KB, 3000x2251px
>>33553565
>>
>>33549807
>implying oaks are capable of advanced programming that is involved with making websites
>>
It's interesting to me that no one brought up that the space marines are also sometimes rolling with psychers would can rip people inside and out, create warp shields, and summon warp storms to decimate entire squads. While not really /k/ it needs to be considered if you're actually planning on having space marines fight contemporary armies.

Also space marines would just teleport into administration centers or secure bases and destroy everything, and that's just by themselves. Failing to mention dreadnoughts or terminators. Modern military is assfucked, especially if the marines are backed up by the imperial navy and the imperial guard.
>>
>>33553744
It's just a numbers game. A chapter tends not to have more than a dozen librarians and dreadnoughts.
>>
>>33553744
It's not like a single 80mm mortar can't decimate entire squads too. That shit is impressive on the scale of a single man, not so much on a battlefield.
>>
>>33549751
>But essentially they behave AND act like WW2 German Nazis
Maybe, if you bought into every single jewish meme about them and cranked it up to eleven, but then, that's the entire imperium. Kriegers aren't similar to the nazis in any way besides wearing iron crosses. They only have some features(mainly behaviors not even unique to them, but PTSD didn't have a name during the great war) of second reich soldiers, with their uniforms and gear mixed with that of the french ww1 forces. The kriegsman helmet has the german design, and the stick grenades are stick grenades, but features like the tuft/crease splitting alongside the helmet at the top are uniquely french. Almost everything besides that is french.
>>
>>33553860
True but the entire way the space marines fight is as a specialty force. They aren't the ones who fight the wars, that's what the imperial guard are for. The space marines go in to support advances using stealth tactics or heavy infiltration or on missions revolving around infiltrating enemies command structures. It's very rare that they are actually holding the front lines by themselves.
>>
>>33547180
I literally would love nothing more than to die for the Emperor or die trying.
>>
>>33552813
More like Marxists I think. They're more subtle when waiting.
>>
File: 1420396844376.png (62KB, 167x141px) Image search: [Google]
1420396844376.png
62KB, 167x141px
>>33554444
Holy shit anon
>>
>>33544056
The IG doesn't have access to those things though. Only the best equipped forces have that

>Who would win, the US coast guard or the Philippineo navy?
>Duh, the coast guard! They have nukes and tanks! :DDD
>>
>>33553932
If the librarians and dreadnoughts don't matter, why mention them?
>>
File: Commissar Hug.png (80KB, 330x244px) Image search: [Google]
Commissar Hug.png
80KB, 330x244px
>>33550396
Part of the problem is that the 40k universe has been written by so many different people that keeping consistency is tricky. They tend to try to fix this by having books and lore take place at different times. Some events happen at the end of M.39, while others happen a thousand years later. That kind of works, but the timeline gets mixed up a lot in the process.

Some of it makes it work with different authors (I'm thinking of the Horus Heresy series, but I've only read the first 10 or so). I think the best stuff is self-contained series written by one guy (usually Dan Abnett), so you can get good stories that just exist in the 40k universe without being grand, lore-breaking events.

Speaking of lore-breaking events, I've heard that the 40k universe is moving out of its stasis. Cadia exploded, the Eye of Terror is pouring Chaos into normal space, Fenris was blown up by Magnus, and Roboute Guilliman has woken up and is basically the new Emperor. And he's really pissed about what the Imperium has become in his absence.
>>
>>33553876
>Space Marine Librarian mind controls officer.
>ON MY POSITION!
>155 rekts platoon.
>>
>>33549842
They are. Trenchcoats and gasmasks are bread and butter for edgelords
>>
>>33543770
Call me a faggot, but wouldn't it be better with an extended/double stack mag?
>>
>>33554444
Quad 4's of truth!
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 70

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.