[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else find shooting stressful? Even at home sometimes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: e2b.jpg (25KB, 428x500px) Image search: [Google]
e2b.jpg
25KB, 428x500px
Anyone else find shooting stressful?

Even at home sometimes I feel like I'm in 'range' mode. Alert, always worrying someone might shoot me, always feeling self conscious about whether I'm following the rules properly, wary of loud noises.
>>
>>33532309
Do you ever get stressed out over other tasks that carry risk or require a lot of attention?
>>
>>33532341
Not driving, but studying and meeting deadlines and stuff I find quite stressful yeah.
>>
>>33532348
You probably just suffer from anxiety then. There's nothing about shooting that makes it relaxing, and to a lot of people with anxiety, the biological response to things that excite you (roller coasters, sex, and in this case, firearms) can be turned to irrational fear in the brain.
>>
File: Neutral Good.png (960KB, 793x676px) Image search: [Google]
Neutral Good.png
960KB, 793x676px
>>33532401
Cont.

Now that I think about it, one of my friends who suffers with terrible anxiety gave me almost verbatem the same fearful thoughts about his phobia of sex.

>"I am always self-concious that I may be doing something wrong to her."
>"What if she gets turned off or I accidently hurt her?"

A lot of this kind of shit develops at an early age, and might be related to certain trauma. Anyway, I'm not a shrink, but the first step to solving a problem is looking at it for what it may really be.
>>
File: fafdsa.jpg (22KB, 600x553px) Image search: [Google]
fafdsa.jpg
22KB, 600x553px
>>33532401
That sounds about right. To anyone with the same problem, I usually listen to Christian hymns afterwards as they have a quite good calming and cooling effect.
>>
>>33532472
That really sucks. I had some pussified parents, which is a double edged sword. No trauma, but I'm having to make up now for all the discipline and maturity I lost by having parents who spoiled me.

Anyway, Stefan Molyneux I think has a lot of videos talking about peaceful parenting, and how to cope with the results of childhood trauma.
>>
>>33532309

I have pretty bad anxiety since my dad passed away last year. I find shooting extremely relaxing, I also meditate to help take the edge off the worrying
>>
>>33532309
As someone who has a lot of stress and anxiety issues due to feeling a lack of control in my life, shooting out in the woods is a relaxing and positive experience for me because it's an activity that puts me in control of a situation without needing to worry about what anyone else is doing. Everything that happens is up to me and only me. I get some of the same feeling when I'm tinkering around with mechanical things or drawing.
>>
Honestly no. I used to be, but only in the first year of gun ownership.

I know it sounds bad, but guns and shooting are almost toy-like to me now. I still treat them with respect and follow all the safety guidelines, but that's kind of ingrained into my subconscious now and I don't even think about it.

I guess once you've taken them apart enough times they're just another mechanical object.
>>
>>33532309
Buy a nice single-shot or bolt-action .22 rifle, go to an outdoor range on off hours when it's not crowded, and enjoy.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.