[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /k/ need some advice My family owns a couple restaurants,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: batou_loli_head.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
batou_loli_head.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
sup /k/ need some advice

My family owns a couple restaurants, including one which is less than 1000ft from the property line of a school. Right now, this isn't a huge issue, as in Wisconsin, concealed carry requires a permit, and we don't get any open carriers who aren't also cops, so no Federal GFSZ bullshit.

Well, the state legislature wants to make Wisconsin a constitutional carry state, and add some sort of "basic permit" that just does a NICS check and has no training requirement. I got an email this morning from my insurance agent saying that if this becomes law we'll be have to post or else they will drop our coverage, and you basically can't run a business legally without insurance here.

I called my rep, and he said we could continue to allow regular permit holders to carry in the establishment, but absolutely have to ban guns for everyone doesn't have the regular permit or is a cop (and that ban includes the basic permit) and that is "not up for debate".

Does anyone in a state which just went to constitutional carry know of a sign which would work to this effect, (saying that regular permit holders are welcome but the rest have to fuck off) and knows somebody who would make such a sign?
>>
>>33530225
just make a non compliant sign(I.E. the fonts have to be a certain size and all that) and not enforce the law
>>
>>33530233
all signs are "compliant" under WI law
>>
>>33530225

ask the NRA ?

ask the insurance person ?

ask at a gun store ?

ask some gubbmit clown at state capitol ?

but asking here is usually a waste of time
>>
>>33530280
NRA will say "don't post" as if I have a choice.

The insurance guy linked me to this sign (made by our local antigun group) http://www.waveedfund.org/sites/waveedfund.org/files/No_Weapons_Notice_with%20line_0.pdf

Gun store clerks are generally idiots around here. Our legislature thinks their magic "no liability" clause actually has teeth, so no advice from them either.
>>
>>33530305
>http://www.waveedfund.org/sites/waveedfund.org/files/No_Weapons_Notice_with%20line_0.pdf

i looked at that pdf file it seems fine

just print a few copies

if you don't want it 8.5x11 print 2 copies per page so it is 4x5.5

im guessing b&w is ok doesnt need to be color

and get something in writing from your insurance carrier approving the sign, take pics of the sign in your business & send to insurance

take pics of the sign every month or 2 with date/timestamp to prove the sign is still there

what is the big deal ?
>>
>>33530225
Jesus fucking Christ. You're boring. I'm also a Wisconsin bro.

We live in fucking Wisconsin, do whatever you want. I cc'd in Chicago. A lot of good their gun free zone did, didn't stop me.
>>
>>33530360
I don't want to ban concealed carry. I want regular permit holders to be able to carry. That sign bans all carry except for by cops. Like, I'm looking for advice from somebody who lives in a state that went permitless to see how they deal with Federal GFSZ shit and the like.

>>33530367
read my OP: if I don't ban permitless carry, my insurance company drops me. I run a business, I can't do business without insurance.
>>
>>33530391
>Federal GFSZ

[18 U.S.C. § 922(q)(2)(A)] does not apply to the possession of a firearm—

(i) on private property not part of school grounds;
>>
>>33530391
>>33530409
Chicago people are turd people.
>>
>>33530409
if the rules in place for sidewalk is stricter than private property, to minimize your liability you adopt the stricter rule. Insurance companies force you to minimize your liability or they drop you. It is illegal to sell food to the public without insurance.

Therefore, I have to follow the GFSZ act as if my shop is public property within 1000ft of the school property line.
>>
>>33530391

well get in WORD or some other program and make some large font signs saying what you want

print them, send to insurance company for approval in writing

or ask other businesses near you

otherwise i give up, maybe try to use your brain more and think of these things yourself
>>
>>33530459
You need a better insurance company.
>>
>>33530461
>be me
>state going to permitless carry
>insurance guy says I have to ban guns now
>convince insurance guy to let me allow regular permit holders
>want to find way to communicate it in a way that is clear and doesn't alienate permit holders, as I support CCW even if my insurance doesn't
>see if gunposters on my favorite mongolian cave drawing website might know of similar stories from other states so as to learn of a best practice, as my googling turned up very little to almost nothing
>gets called an idiot for trying to be gun-friendly business

fuck this shit
>>
>>33530474
yeah... that ain't gonna happen. The insurance agent is friends with one of the other members of the LLC, and I don't want to stir up that drama
>>
>>33530225
Just print up your own sign. Something like the one you posted, but stating "No Weapons Permitted Without Permit" or whatever. And then don't enforce it.
>>
>>33530538
would that be clear to a permit holder that I'm perfectly okay with them coming in and giving me their money? Like, making the sign is easy, it's the making a sign that won't make a permit holder turn around and walk away that's not
>>
>>33530517
Contact the NRA and tell them your situation, they're more than just a political organization.
>>
>>33530599
I'm sure there's a way you can word it that would be clear. I don't know what your state calls its concealed carry permit, but maybe like "No Weapons Allowed without (insert license name here)"
>>
For insurance reasons
Only Permitted concealed carry is allowed on the premises
Excluding Uniformed Law Enforcement
>>
>>33530504

ok i'm a bit gripey this morning

good luck :)
>>
>>33530504
just substitute "gun" or "weapon" with open carry on that sign.
>>
>>
File: No-Weapons-Web.jpg (41KB, 560x428px) Image search: [Google]
No-Weapons-Web.jpg
41KB, 560x428px
>>33532527
>>
File: 24474261_BG3.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
24474261_BG3.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
>>33532540
>>
>>33532549
>>
File: 13467370.jpg (39KB, 600x732px) Image search: [Google]
13467370.jpg
39KB, 600x732px
>>33532561
>>
>>33532527
http://www.mysecuritysign.com/open-carry-prohibited-concealed-carry-welcome-sign/sku-s-6369
>>
>>33530225
>have to post

Have to post what exactly? "No illegal weapons possession allowed on premises".
>>
>>33532527
>>33532540
>>33532549
>>33532561
>>33532577
Stop posting and read the OP you mongoloid.
>>
>>33532968
>(saying that regular permit holders are welcome but the rest have to fuck off) and knows somebody who would make such a sign
>>
>>33530504
I think the best bet would be a "please no open carry" (LE exempt) sign.

Also, I'd ask a lawyer if your insurance can actually drop you for not banning guns. Because I'm not sure they can. The fact they gave you a local antigun groups "no guns" sign is a hint.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.