[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't anyone make a reproduction Garand? There's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Why doesn't anyone make a reproduction Garand? There's obviously a market for that gun, and there's a plenty of manufacturers making 1911s, AR-15s, G3s, etc
>>
>>33527898
But that doesn't fit the "all the non Fudd guns have to be black assault rifles" narrative of the last 5 or so years.
>>
File: brady_sad.jpg (55KB, 512x469px) Image search: [Google]
brady_sad.jpg
55KB, 512x469px
>>33527898
Is there?
There's a market for The Real Thing, but would people shell out equivalent prices for a modern repro? It's not a cheap gun to make. They tried that with the Luger back when, and it didn't take off.
>>33527927
Also not easy to sporterize or Tacticool. Muh Rails and all that.

>TFW my (veteran) dad could have bought a surplus Garand for $200 and I offered to pay him $250 but he didn't feel like doing it.
>>
>>33528269
I think it's time for old dad to go in a home.
>>
>>33527898
CMP still has Garands left for quite cheap. If I get a fudd gun, I would get an actual one and not a reproduction.
>>
>>33527898
http://www.fulton-armory.com/M1-Garand-Rifles.aspx

literally seconds to find on google
>>
>>33527898
yeah but 'they' don't have the tooling and it'd probably still be worse or different enough from the original that people wouldn't want it at a high price necessitated by a small production run
>>
>>33527898
I'm curious, as an outsider.
Is there a market for semi-auto wood rifles? You know, Monte Carlo stocks, but box mag fed. Straight pull action or just semi auto? I like the idea of toggle action semi auto carbines, but that's just the gun geek talking.
>>
>>33528930
yeah it's called a Mini 14, no one really makes semi auto centerfire rifles with wood anymore because wood is really inferior to polymer and people buy semi autos to be more performance oriented than aesthetically pleasing. we don't like when the media calls semi autos 'assault weapons' but a large part of the gun community does like the features of modern military rifles because hey if the military uses it it must be good, and you wouldn't be wrong because modern 'black rifles' are ergonomic.
>>
>>33527898
my question for you OP is why don't you get a Springfield M1A ?

Or is it a "second kind of cool" that it has to be an M1 Garand because you want to LARP as a WW2 Infantryman *Which is fine.
>>
>Why doesn't anyone make a reproduction [...]?
>There's obviously a market for [...]
These are dangerously naive words.
>>
>>33527898
http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/m1a-socom-16/#AA9625 Unless you are trying to Cosplay as a WW2/Korean War Serviceman , Why not an M1A ?

*You can fit an M14 surplus stock to it , if you really need to have wood.
>>
>>33529023
Or you could just buy the scout squad which already has wood
http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/m1a-scout-squad/#AA9122
>>
>>33528621
is that you son?
my oldest son has called dibs on my dumb old garand.
he's gonna have to pry it from my dead hands first
>>
>>33527898
>Why doesn't anyone make a reproduction Garand?
Why? there's already a crazy amount of them on the market?
Same reason nobody would go through the effort to make reproduction mosin nagants in the US. You'd be priced out of the market before you even started.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.