[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideas thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 37

File: falling-block.jpg (20KB, 350x206px) Image search: [Google]
falling-block.jpg
20KB, 350x206px
Got a genius /k/ related idea? It could be anything from a suppressor design to a military strategy. Put it here, and we'll discuss it.
>>
Putting a battery into the m4 grip handle and using it to power the rail. Everything will now use ONE battery.
>>
File: J22_workshop.jpg (144KB, 800x600px)
J22_workshop.jpg
144KB, 800x600px
most ww2 fighters would have been better off with landing gear like this and a box spar acting as a fuel tank
>>
>>33527495
you'd have to put contacts up the whole rail, which might get messy, but not a bad idea.
>>
So I don't detail the thread, I'll put my idea here: A falling block pump action shotgun that feeds from a tube magazine in the buttstock. It could be a cheaper design than a budget pump gun of today, or at least that's the point of it.
>>
>>33527479
Downsized M14s in 6.5 Lapua. I guess it'd be in between an M14 and mini 14 in size.
>>
A revolver that you can change cylinders like magazines. Sure it's not a good idea but it'd look cool.
>>
>>33527479

an AR developed to fire rimmed pistol and rifle cartridges
>>
>>33527479

reloadable captive pistol ammunition for popular cartridges
>>
>>33527608

piston* dammit
>>
Cut down .50 BMG brass to make rimless 12 gauge shells, design double stack 12 gauge gun/magazine
>>
Sten submachine guns were made on relatively crude equipment for a pittance back in the day.

I'd think that someone would have come up with an updated design that would use modern available magazines and easily available parts.

The problem with assembling the old Sten parts kits was not the receiver-- which was just a piece of steel pipe that you could cut with a dremel-- but the tricky welds on the barrel assembly and ejector. I think that if you could come up with a Sten-like legal semiauto that you could assemble with screws, bolts and threaded parts, it might be close to the popularity that the AR build business enjoys.
>>
>>33527569
I had an idea like this but the cylinder acted like the enbloc clips in a garand. Barrel is on the bottom similar to a unica and no bridge on the top so you pop the cylinder in from the top and start firing then when the cylinder is empty a tap pops it out automatically and you can just drop in a new one. Like a unica/fosbery it'd be an autorevolver.
>>
>>33527479

Electronically-controlled revolver using specialized ammunition that contain multiple shots per chamber, effectively doubling or even tripling the capacity of the revolver wothout sacrificing the power of the cartridge or any of the other advantages of the revolver.
>>
>>33527880
How would the rifle know to eject on empty?

It'd have to feed from the cylinder like a magazine instead of a revolving chamber like on normal revolvers to even be feasible.

Which seems really beyond impractical, but probably a very cool Forgotten Weapons episode.

It'd have to be insanely complex, with locking the rotating cylinder and enbloc-style ejection of such a heavy piece of metal.

Unless it just fed from a lightweight revolving, cylindrical enbloc clip.
>>
A clip loaded Shotgun. Using an M14 or SKS action. You could clip load it from the top or replace the magazine. It also has a nice low bore axis.
>>
File: 042-001.jpg (263KB, 1600x1077px) Image search: [Google]
042-001.jpg
263KB, 1600x1077px
>>33527569
that's a pretty old idea
>>
>>33527569
>What is an 1858 Remington

>>33527880
So basically a harmonica rifle, but more complicated?
>>
>>33527479
3" long .50 caliber rimless shotshells, so that you can make anything from big double stack shotgun magazines to totally legal handguns that are basically judges/governors on steroids.
>>
>>33527479

>post your ideas so I can steal them
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
What if you had a gun with no grip, and no stock?
To replace that, there would be belt and metal connecting your arm to the gun, and trigger operation would be similar to an animatronic bike chain hand.

The simple idea is that it's a literal hand cannon.

How would this gun be classified under current legal definitions?
>>
>>33528287
Bonus- overall length is the length of the barrel and action + length of your arm.
>>
File: 1488221579916.jpg (231KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488221579916.jpg
231KB, 960x960px
Take an M4 and put the magwell on the side, bend the mag at the top to feed at 90 degrees, integrally build it with an m203 where the magwell was.

Doesn't do anything but i use to build clay armies with toothpick guns around the time COD4 came out and and i was into Stargate SG-1/ Atlantis. So a chopped back AR/P90was the desired builds. I was WAY too poor to know what a hobby store was due to no internet and basic bitch cable so fight me if you think making clay men and women is weird.

Its kinda harsh to show your nerd friends who do D&D and gunpla your poor ass hobby and they call you weird.

Mexican clay is the best.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 259x194px
A modernized FG-42 chambered in an intermediate caliber.
>semi auto fire with a closed bolt
>full auto with an open bolt
>long 45+ round mags for bipod mounted use turn it into a SAW, doesn't get in the way when prone due to side mag
>25-30 rounders used for general use to keep things balanced

Really the FG-42 action is perfect for an RPK style role.
>>
>>33528578
>Its kinda harsh to show your nerd friends who do D&D and gunpla your poor ass hobby and they call you weird
That's fucking bullshit, man. I would have worked with you to figure out how to make those toothpick into actual tiny guns. Fuck those retards who thought playing make believe with other people's rules is somehow less ridiculous.
>>
File: 1489981761899.jpg (42KB, 554x527px) Image search: [Google]
1489981761899.jpg
42KB, 554x527px
>>33528644
you're one in a million fren ;_;

>So close yet so far away.

I'm actually working on aluminum foil plate armor, halberds, muskets and shit for 1500s era euro armies. M16s and FALs next. But I learned to never show your power level, like ever
>>
>>33528702
I used to make matchlock guns out of brass tubing and shoot them at parrifin figures, we are one of the same soul but that amount of autism isn't healthy to be around at once.
>>
>>33527788
The problem with Sten repros (and similar submachineguns) is that they fire from the open bolt. It makes them a shitload easier to built, but the ATF decided that they're too easy to convert to full retard, so now you're not allowed to build them in burgerstan. Closed-bolt firing only, desu.
>>
1)
For calicucks and their bullet buttons. A glove with a bullet tip sized plastic or rubber nub on the first finger tip.

2)
DMR rifles with under barrel pdws
>>
>>33527516
Rubber gaskets on unused rail sections could help with weatherproofing and grip I guess
>>
>>33527479
>Put it here, and we'll discuss it.
patent it more likely
>>
>>33528955
1 amazed no one has done yet and good idea

2 I ain't carrying that shit and I had to carry a saw and 240. Not a horrible concept but the weight will kill the dmr and pdw's best points of quick (relatively) engagement and light handling
>>
File: images (51).jpg (14KB, 435x229px) Image search: [Google]
images (51).jpg
14KB, 435x229px
>>33527541
So basically a Spencer repeating carbine, but in 12g?
>>
>>33527636
It's been done. And it failed dramatically.
>>
>>33529317
It's already been done.
>>
Cheap as fuck GPS guided gliding bombs released from any air platform with a hardpoint. No need for integration; just connect to it with a tablet and some kind of wireless (bluetooth, maybe?)connection. Guidance and control will consist of just 2 surfaces on the glide wings. Unit cost ~$2000 + the bomb itself. CEP 100 meters
>>
Take a .30-30 casing, trim it and seat a .400 caliber bullet (165 to 200 gr, same as .40 S&W or 10mm AUTO). Should be made to the same OAL as .500 S&W or .460 S&W.
>>
File: 1293575793379.jpg (74KB, 747x344px) Image search: [Google]
1293575793379.jpg
74KB, 747x344px
Gas operated handgun.

>M1911 sized
>fixed barrel for dat accuracy
>front and rear sights not mounted on slide
>striker fired
>short-stroke T-shaped piston in a gas-block housing underneath the very front of the barrel
>piston forces slide back ~5mm
>breechblock is locked by a pair of tilting locking arms that lock down into cutouts on the back of the barrel mount
>cam track on inside of slide lifts up the locking arms
>locking arms then slot into the slide, with residual chamber pressure / recoil force pushing the breechblock and slide back to cycle the weapon

It'd be a practical way to make a gas operated pistol that's smaller than a deagle but can handle a variety of high power rounds, such as .50 AE, .460 Rowland, 5.7x28mm, hot 10mm Auto loads, .38 Super, etc. Being a short-stroke piston design, it could still run on the gas from lower power rounds like 9mm or .45 ACP, too.

The inherent accuracy of having a fixed barrel and frame-mounted sights will mean plenty of potential for a good target pistol.

>>33529306
>imblying anyone here has the money to throw at a patent for an untested idea that was posted on a mongolian weaving market
>>
File: Bastard[1].jpg (26KB, 400x218px) Image search: [Google]
Bastard[1].jpg
26KB, 400x218px
I remember reading about how some guy had a revolver which could fire a range of calibres. The cylinder was sprung in such a way that the breach clamped around a the brass. So use a similar system in a solid stick mag that traverses horizontally (like the bastard gun in metro 2033) and you have a SHTF gun that can fire whatever ammo's available.
>>
>>33529409
Medusa revolver.
>>
>>33529417
The revolver I'm thinking of was a sporting pistol, but that looks to work in a similar way.
>>
File: its you.jpg (121KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
its you.jpg
121KB, 1366x768px
>>33529409
The only reason that worked was because there's a couple of handgun cartridges that have a similar case and bullet diameter - 9x19mm para, .38 special, .357 magnum, maybe one or two others. The main thing that differs here is case length, rimmed/rimless, and operating pressure, which is something you can shoehorn into a revolver with enough engineering wizardry.

There's no way in hell that you'd be able to make something similar for rifle rounds, and there's a reason why no one has done this before: there's no actual wizards who are qualified gunsmiths.

Bottlenecked, high pressure rifle cartridges don't fit in some universal chamber size, and aside from 5.56mm being a common bullet diameter across a few rifle rounds, you're going to require a magical diameter-changing barrel to go along with your magical geometry-shifting chamber and bolt face.
>>
>>33529473
Yeah obviously you'd be limited to a similar range of cartridges. My idea was more about adopting the same principle for a carbine with a larger mag capacity, not a magical devil-gun that can fire anything from .22 short to 40mm grenades.
>>
>>33529326

>put pointy bullets in a line where the primer is touching the tip of the load.

Dear god
>>
>>33529588
Taofledermaus tested it. Doesn't explode.
>>
>>33527788
So... A stirling
>>
>>33529599

Even if you just outright drop it on the ground?
>>
>>33529599
It can and has. Just because it didn't happen in his specific test does not make it impossible. Hell, it happened to Karl from InRange.
>>
>>33529617
They beat the shit out of it to no effect.
>>33529624
Source?
>>
A bolt on semi auto conversion for the Mosin Nagant. Using a gas cup (I know unreliable but the kinks can be worked out) and a different trigger with a semi sear so it doesn't go full retard. Kinda like that semi auto conversion for the enfield that forgotten weapons has a t-shirt of.
>>
>>33529633
He talked about it in a recent video. Probably in the "operator's guide to the 1860 Henry rifle".
>>
>>33529326
Kinda, yeah.
>>
File: 4chank1.png (2KB, 250x128px) Image search: [Google]
4chank1.png
2KB, 250x128px
Idea 1 design a 3D printable sabot round that uses 3D printable metal infused filament for the dart and a different plastic for the sabot casing and is propelled by 22lr blanks used in nail guns.

22lr nail blanks can be purchased over the counter at a lot of fun hating places like aus without the need for a gun licence. buy using a sabot setup the bullet could be designed to use over the counter pipe as the barrel while still having the high velocity property's needed to make a 22lr round useful. A round that works in over the counter pipe would help turn 3d printed guns from a novelty to a useful weapon.
>>
>>33529758
Better off just using nails or something for the core.
>>
>>33529766
A nail does not have the correct aerodynamics for the dart but if you embedded a nail as the core of the dart while using another plastic for the aerodynamics you could get the best of both worlds.

the idea is the bullet/barrel could be used in a bullet hose style gun like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J50N5lQoAFw
>>
>>33528630
>45+ round straight box mags
That'd be unbalanced as shit. Side feeding sucks. That being said, every machine gun should have that open/closed bolt mechanism.

>>33529372
>M1911 sized
There's your problem. Why do you think the only gas operated pistols are massive?

>>33529566
That's a damn good idea.

>>33529649
When they were still dirt cheap it could've sold pretty well, I imagine.

>>33529758
The problems are the difficulty of building a reliable automatic out of this, the unreliability of rimfire, and the low power of a .22. Why not just use .38 blanks and make some 9mm?
>>
>>33529886
>The problems are the difficulty of building a reliable automatic out of this

Hand crank would be the easiest workaround.
>>
Did meme "100-dollar-range" gun sold at $199.99 die or is it still going?
>>
>>33529951
It was dead before it was born, Anon. You know that.
>>
>>33529962
I mean literal dead as in face filled with shrapnels, last time I checked there wasn't an update for months.
>>
>>33529976
Oh, that's definitely possible. He doesn't post on here much because he keeps getting banned for advertising. Have you checked his facebook?
>>
>make a semi-auto rifle that shoots rimmed magnum revolver cartridges
>basically would be like a Marlin 60 crossed with one of those Ruger .44 Mag semi-autos
>would make fudds' heads explode
also,
>make a smaller version of the Desert Eagle (gas-operated rotating bolt) chambered for 10mm and .45 WinMag
>>
>>33527479
Crew-served, man-portable autocannon
>>
>>33529886 >>33529758

22lr blanks can be purchased without a gun licence, .38 cannot in a lot of places. as for reliable I am not sure you can get much better than open bolt smg gun for automatic reliability. the goal is not to make a grate gun or even a good gun just a passable gun that can be made using a 3D printer and a trip to the hardware store.
>>
>>33530051
>mag tube on the 20 inch version would hold 10 rounds, just like a Winchester 92
>could also make a .45-70 version
>would be gas piston operated to keep clean and be adjustable for hunting and plinking loads
>>
>>33530051
>>33530111
>A magazine tube and gas tube under the barrel
It'd be too ugly.
>>
>>33530002
Yes, his last video is from end of jan, last message 1 mar(and nothing on developments).
That receiver looks like shit for 200 but maybe it's just a prototype, still no barrel.
Pls preorder totes safe gunn I swear ;^D
>>
>>33530477
Actually, now that I think about it, you could just put the gas tube around the mag tube, like on a shotgun.
>>
Should I pick up Blender or CAD to learn to make concept gun models? CAD seems to have a much larger barrier to entry.

I want to design an auto-indexing revolver that uses a gas piston to cam the cylinder rearward and cycle, so the cylinder can sit forward in a proper gas seal without needing any extra trigger action. Basically modernizing the Nagant revolver by reversing the action.
>>
>>33531753
Push-pull cads are shit easy, and the rest fo the cads are something that will give you an advantage in life.
I wouldn't waste time on blender unless you plan to work in the 3d model industry.
>>
>>33528702
Pictures?
>>
A pistol-caliber carbine chambered in .50AE
>>
>>33527479
A shotgun revolver.
>>
>>33532642
That's not an original idea anon.
>>
>>33532699
I was thinking more of a revolver that has shotgun shells chambered instead of bullets.
>>
>>33529566
Funny enough the way that the guns that use your idea operate it would be easier to make a gun that fires both those rounds rather than several different high pressure bottleneck rounds.
>>
File: 00030752.Taurus.Judge.jpg (881KB, 1680x1112px) Image search: [Google]
00030752.Taurus.Judge.jpg
881KB, 1680x1112px
>>33532894
That exists and it's shit.
>>
File: SourceImage_222_vs_223.jpg (39KB, 630x864px) Image search: [Google]
SourceImage_222_vs_223.jpg
39KB, 630x864px
>>33529566
>Yeah obviously you'd be limited to a similar range of cartridges
Not even that. Unless the case geometry is very damn close to matching another cartridge, then you won't be able to safely fire it. The chamber must match the cartridge - otherwise you'll get case blowouts, improper seating and sealing, massive amounts of fouling, excessive throat erosion, and extremely unreliable extraction.

See this picture? This is .222 and .223 sitting next to each other. Firing .222 in a .223 chamber will blow out the shoulders and neck, maybe resulting in it getting stuck in the chamber, which can result in serious extraction problems for even a bolt action rifle.

I like the idea of a gun that'll fire a multitude of different rounds, but there's so few rounds that are even close to similar that MIGHT work in any semi-practical way. You aren't going to be able to pick up a handful of .308, .243, 7.62x39, and 6.5mm swede and toss it into the same gun. It does not work like that.

That's not even touching on the fact that recoil impulse and gas pressures can vary wildly between rifle rounds (making your hypothetical gun cycle reliably would be a nightmare), and the bolt face would need to change between them as well in order to properly extract them. Having a bolt that pushes as far into the chamber as the differing cartridges allow would also mean you'd need some way of locking it for every varying depth, so that wouldn't really work either.

Unless you want a gun that can fire, at best, two or three different cartridges - two of them unsafely - you might as well carry a couple of AR-15 uppers around with you instead.

I don't normally like to stamp down on creative ideas, but this one is just stupid, dangerous, and impossible to implement.
>>
>>33529473
hmm...

I wonder how bad an inverted adjustable reamer would do?

With the reamer flutes being the lands, adjustable for diameter. The grooves would remain the same depth more or less without some real magic.
>>
File: 0AH59OK.png (390KB, 621x693px) Image search: [Google]
0AH59OK.png
390KB, 621x693px
>>33532894
Bump for original shit that isn't posted here several times a month
>>
>>33527479
>a gun that fires live Japanese hornets
>a cluster sub-munition filled with Japanese hornet eggs
>>
>>33529588
google the lebel rifle, it's possible, and militaries have adopted rifles that do it
>>
>broomhandle mauser
>rechambered in 5.7x28
>>
>>33528130
>what is saiga
>>
>>33531776
So what should I pick up? Trial AutoCAD?
>>
>>33534650
Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Militaries adopt a lot of dumb shit. Like this.
>>
File: FrenchHotchkissAmmo.3.jpg (94KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
FrenchHotchkissAmmo.3.jpg
94KB, 640x425px
>>33534745
It served the french perfectly well, the rounds were designed so the tip of the spitzer rounds stuck into a ridge on the case head just below the primer
>>
File: 1489968139180-k.jpg (163KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1489968139180-k.jpg
163KB, 1024x768px
Plastic housing guard for trigger. Pulls trigger at designated rate when button is held using a dowel on a lever. The trigger is technically being pulled for each round fired. (Designed for durability testing only*)
>>
>>33528015

The main benefit of the revolver is its reliability and mechanical simplicity, not it's power.

Electronic firing introduces a lot of complexity and possibly unreliability if you have any power or contact issues.

To maintain the power while tripling capacity of, say, a 45 colt, you'd have to have a cylinder 4 inches long, and that would weigh a fuckton.
>>
File: 1491163668961.jpg (84KB, 850x765px) Image search: [Google]
1491163668961.jpg
84KB, 850x765px
>>33528578
>Its kinda harsh to show your nerd friends who do D&D and gunplay your poor ass hobby and they call you weird.
>fa/tg/uys
>calling you weird

Isn't that sorta the kettle calling the pot black?
>>
>A belt fed machine pistol
For use on a motorcycle

>A black powder pump action bullpup revolver shotgun
Field reloadable and rapid fire

>AR upper that takes AK magazines from the top and ejects out the magazine well
Range toy

>A six barrelled 5.7mm rotary machine gun
For shooting down drones

>A six barrelled 12 gauge rotary automatic shotgun
For really shooting down drones

>A ship with a 1200mm high velocity supergun.
For long range artillery strikes. THAAD can't do shit against a 25-ton shell.
>flood aft ballast tanks
>bow rises into the air
>upper half of bow swings away to reveal muzzle
>fire Wave Motion Gun
>>
File: m145a-m1-carb-2.jpg (13KB, 630x131px) Image search: [Google]
m145a-m1-carb-2.jpg
13KB, 630x131px
A smaller AR cartridge designed specifically for home defense and short range defense. that is still more powerful than a handgun cartridge but not as powerful as 5.56. Basically a modernized version of pic related.

I really don't understand why smaller carbines are not more widespread. They just seem so damn handy to me. Easier to use and more accurate than a pistol, less loud and powerful than a rifle. Yes a standard AR CAN be used to defend your house, but it's too damn loud.

M1 Carbines were so great because they were small, light and easy as fuck to use, and great for short range engagements. ARs are 3/4
>>
>>33535307
no ones wants a 9mm with a 16" barrel is why
>>
File: download (6).jpg (10KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (6).jpg
10KB, 260x194px
Designated lava lamp carriers in each army that would act like flag bearers of times long past.

Each division could have their own lava lamp colours to differentiate, plus lava lamps are fucking dank so it would raise morale.

Plus when one army defeats another they can make a big show of smashing their lamp.
>>
>>33535373
How high are you right now anon?
>>
>>33535255
>for shooting down drones
Hmm if only there were a simpler and cheaper way of hitting small airborne targets using a lot of small projectiles
>>
>>33535307

FN PS-90

If you could buy standard 5.7, it would the tits.
>>
>>33535526
What's so special about the banned 5.7 rounds? I'd think they'd just be AP, and what use would that be in home defense.
>>
>>33531753
Solidworks or Autodesk Inventor. Anything else is masochism.
>>
>>33535584
high velocity pistol round, I guess he thinks it would be more ideal for home defense ranges
>>
>>33532894

bro do you even lemat?
>>
>>33535307
Like...http://www.sandygunworks.com/Articles/The57JohnsonSpitfire.aspx
>>
File: 5.7mm_Johnson_Spitfire.jpg (112KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
5.7mm_Johnson_Spitfire.jpg
112KB, 1600x1200px
>>33535307
>>33536285
You know, an M2 in 5.7 Johnson is JUST SHY of being an actual assault rifle.
>>
>>33527495
That's a pretty decent Idea - you should cover the power rail with a rubberized coating, and tightening down the accessories forces spiked contacts through the rubber to the power rail lead under it. It would keep it water proof of done right
>>
3d print a sintered metal titanium honey comb plate armor shell and impregnate it with SHDPE. I'm not sure what the right cell size it, but I get the feeling the titanium would act like a fishnet and the PE would actually stop the bullet. Displacing the PE would cause it to atomize, and the buckeyball arrangement of the titanium would snap back and catch the round.
>>
>>33531694
Seems a bit cookoffy
>>
Make a shotgun shell battle hammer, that's got a 5 shot feed ramp built into it. Basically take a semi auto feed mechanism and make the safety and trigger mech from a nail gun -the cleat - it would be good for breaching doors quickly and attacking light armored enemies up close
>>
>>33535401
chugged a lava lamp
>>
>>33536640
reinhardt pls go
>>
>>33536677
I guess that's been done? It is kind of obvious
>>
Air raid sirens for clearing houses? If you run mechanical siren loud enough for long enough, that's going to force people to come out of hiding and respond to it right?

It would make them react, taking away their advantage. and destroy moral
>>
Maybe subsonic sirens as well. Like a small jitterbug tuned to penetrate the ground and rattle windows
>>
>>33536621
Could be, 12 gauge is very low pressure so maybe that's why they could get away with it.
>>
A sub-machinegun that feeds from two magazines asynchronously. Can fire from one magazine while reloading another.

Imagine the halo sub-machinegun, but with a magazine on the other side.
>>
>>33537223
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OGyJPFzNfU
>>
>>33527541
Alright, so I've thought of a bit of an expansion to this idea, and probably a solution in search of a problem- instead of having the forend move back and forth to cycle it, you move the whole gun back into the buttstock and out. You'd need a release somewhere to unlock it, and a spring in the stock. I'm thinking if you made this work it'd be insanely fast in the right hands, as you could use the recoil of the gun to help cycle it.
>>
>>33534687
A magazine fed shotgun, and not a clip fed shotgun?
>>
>>33528955
Bullet button no longer work as a loophole here in CA. Any semi-auto rifle that can accept "removable magazines" is now classified as an assault weapon. You have to re-fuck it so the mag can only be removed via opening up the receiver. Soooo we basically have to further fuck up an AR/AKM, buy an SKS/SVT/M1 Garand/etc, or buy a Czechpoint CA-compliant VZ-58 that has a fixed mag.
>>
>>33538014
Does that include magazines 10 rounds or under, or just every detachable magazine?

30 round en-bloc clips when?
>>
>>33533455
>Yeah obviously you'd be limited to a similar range of cartridges
...a similar range of cartridges as used by the revolvers which already successfully operate on this principle. I should have been more specific.

Cycling would be manual, obviously.

I understand you enjoy imparting knowledge but christ you come across as patronising.
>>
>>33540073
I don't see how what you just described is in any way related to the original idea >>33529409
>>
>>33540106
Unless it's meant to be some kind of compact pistol caliber carbine, which still doesn't really fulfill the 'whatever ammo is available' goal, and having it manually cycled would neuter an already questionably useful firearm. What's the point of an SMG if it doesn't have rapid fire?
>>
File: Big-Gator-Drill-Guide[1].jpg (40KB, 590x355px) Image search: [Google]
Big-Gator-Drill-Guide[1].jpg
40KB, 590x355px
>>33540106
I should have said "whatever ammo is available from that range". Fair enough, my bad. Was exaggerating.

>>33540119
See above. A pistol calibre carbine is exactly what I had in mind. I never said it would be an SMG, I only said the mag would advance in a way similar to that of the bastard gun, with the mag forming the breach, as in the case of the revolver originally mentioned.

So the magazine would look similar to pic related, with each breach capable of holding one of a range of different pistol calibres, and would advance horizontally through the carbine via manual cycling. I hope that's clear enough.
>>
>>33540073
>>33540106
>>33540119
>>33540156
You guys are missing the obvious solution: Just use a hand-crank like a Gatling gun. If you really want to get fancy, you can add an electric motor to it.
>>
>>33527479
Gliders
>>
>>33536755
A good moral killer is killing invaders
>>
File: 1483370498305.gif (828KB, 200x189px) Image search: [Google]
1483370498305.gif
828KB, 200x189px
Ok, so you-get this- you put the POWDER...in a LITTLE METAL TUBE, and jam-im telling you, just hear me out- you jam a bullet into the end. Then you-here's the best part, stay with me- then, you put an igniter in the other end. BOOM, no more minute reloads. Genius, I know.
>>
>>33533370
>its shit
In what way? 410 self defense loads are no joke
>>
>>33528287
As a hand gun....
>>
File: 1488094057668.jpg (31KB, 640x287px) Image search: [Google]
1488094057668.jpg
31KB, 640x287px
>>33534800
That's still under the ATF definition of a machine gun, the "Trigger" just becomes the button.
>>
File: tumblr_nleeia8hZZ1r2g7mto1_500.jpg (68KB, 500x491px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nleeia8hZZ1r2g7mto1_500.jpg
68KB, 500x491px
A modern weapon to fill the flamethrower role.

>leaf blower
>tank filled with bees
>nobody wants to defend a fortification filled with bees
>>
Is there a way to record the sound of a gunshot and have it played back with the same intensity?
>>
>>33543420
Morale weapon

>bomblet dispenser type bomb
>full of bees
>flies over enemy line releasing bee attracting pheromones
>followed up by another dispender that releases bees
>>
>>33543444
Gas grenade

>except instead of gas it's filed with bees
>>
>>33527479
A rifle with a P90 style magazine that fires 5.56. In order for the gun to not be thicker than a Glock, the magazine will be mounted on the side instead of the top. Each side will have a combination magwell/ejection port, so the only thing that needs to be done to swap sides is to swap out the bolt. I'm even thinking of ways to make it so you only need to flip the bolt 180 degrees.
>>
>>33543454
P90 style mag on an AR

>except it actuality a paintball gun
>also the paintballs Aren't full of paint
>they're full of bees
>>
>>33543472
>But the paintball gun is not a gun
>it is bees
>>
>>33543479
Rugged combat armor

>halo style power armor
>but it isn't armor
>the soldiers are just covered in bees
>>
>>33543479
All of the bees are, in reality, just little guns
>>
>>33543488
>but the soldiers are not men
>they are piles of bees
>you are leading a nation of bees to conquer all the world and its nectar
>the ground you stand on is bees
>the air you breathe is bees
>the water you drink is bees
>you
>are bees
>>
>>33543503
Everything down to the atomic scale is bees. Bees made of bees made of bees made of bees made of bees
>>
File: bees.jpg (198KB, 1713x1283px) Image search: [Google]
bees.jpg
198KB, 1713x1283px
>>33543488
>>
>>33543513
>subatomic particles are real
>they are bees
>string theory is now bee theory
>>
File: 4chan-ad-thicc-girls.jpg (42KB, 680x400px) Image search: [Google]
4chan-ad-thicc-girls.jpg
42KB, 680x400px
>bees
>not wasps
>>
>>33543529
wasps are niggers
>>
File: 1462502502308.gif (1MB, 397x307px)
1462502502308.gif
1MB, 397x307px
>>33543529
>I'd rather have an army of WASPs
>>
>>33543537
BEADY
>>
>>33543503
>drink water
>it's just two bees connected to another bee
>>
>>33543553
>breathe air
>conglomerate of various species of bees
>>
>>33543528
>large hadron collider
>collide two bees together
>they explode into more bees
>>
>>33529661
He said it could maybe possibly happen if you load the rifle wrong.

He never said it happened to him specifically.
>>
>>33543594
>large hadron collider
>more like large bee collider
>>
a straight walled .32 caliber rimless cartridge that replicates the ballistics of the .32 h&r mag so we can have pocket pistols that actually have double digit capacity.
>>
>>33536662
Kek
>>
>>33543619
>.32 h&r bee
>A rimless cartridge designed to replicate h&r mag bee-llistics
>Finnaly, pocket pistols with double digit ca-bee-city
>>
>>33543704
I can't bee-lieve this is a pun thread now
>>
File: IMG_1720.jpg (207KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1720.jpg
207KB, 1440x810px
>>33536662
underrated
>>
>>33543337
Kek
>>
>>33543619
>Replicates 32 H&R magnum ballistics
That's a weak round though. Crank the pressure up to 45000 psi like the .327 and it'd be much better.
>>
>>33543867
>Crank the pressure up to 45000 psi like the .327 and it'd be much better.

would it be possible to get those results without making the case to long? it still needs to fit in the gun without making the grip all weird.
>>
>>33527479
i have an idea for a weapon /k/ but i want to copy right it and sell it how can one go about doing it??
>>
>>33544441
The case length has nothing to do with its max pressure. The .32 H&R is already a bit too long for an automatic, so shorten it by a few millimeters, and ramp up the pressure.
>>
File: shell_0.png (295KB, 1000x243px) Image search: [Google]
shell_0.png
295KB, 1000x243px
Basically this, except for break action shotguns. It would sit right behind where the barrels tilt out but would hold 2 shells, so you just press on it and it goes right in.
I know it's retarded but still contributing to this thread.
>>
>>33545317
Simple, but I like it. What if you went bigger, had a spring loaded speed loader thing strapped to the action that could hold 4+ rounds.
>Paint it brass to look extra steampunk/old west
>>
>>33543558
FUCK MY SIDES. Some needs to screencap this
>>
1 way mirror bunkers.
>>
>>33543604
Actually, it might've been in the latest Q/A.
>>
>>33537542
Wouldn't it be unsafe if you unlocked the stock and then the recoil kicked it back, unlocking the locking block thing too early?
>>
File: IMG_1698.jpg (59KB, 549x604px)
IMG_1698.jpg
59KB, 549x604px
If someone screencaps include me
>>
File: k8FYmC.png (393KB, 500x799px) Image search: [Google]
k8FYmC.png
393KB, 500x799px
Bump
>>
File: 1409294875293.png (155KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
1409294875293.png
155KB, 500x647px
always pondered the use of an electrically powered ejector for things like civilian semi-auto shotguns.

would be neat to allow for shotgun shells that might not have the gas needed to properly cycle a gas system.

but then there are other ways to get a semi-auto shotgun that can still use other methods for cycling.
>>
File: tibetan-plateau-09.jpg (524KB, 1387x793px) Image search: [Google]
tibetan-plateau-09.jpg
524KB, 1387x793px
Hand grenade, with a small rocket motor in the base.

You point and trigger the motor and it flies off in a more or less straight line and explodes on impact. Spin stabilized due to a spiral nozzle.

This way you don't need to have a heavy ass under slung grenade launcher on your rifle. Some space magic grenade rifle with targeting computer. Vehicle or heavy mount Mk 19. But you can still hit a target with a grenade out to some range way longer than throwing range.

~

For really advanced tactics you could fire it at an angle and rain fire down like mini mortars.
>>
>>33527479
Aluminothermic high-energy propellant for extreme muzzle velocities in Eargesplitten-tier cartridges.
>Fuck your barrel life
>>
>>33549372
That just sounds like the worst of both worlds. You get less effective grenades for the same weight you'd have with a normal hand grenade, but it still would be really inaccurate compared to something you could shoulder.

And before you say that it has some fancy targeting built in, the XM25's counter defilade 25mm grenades are WAY simpler than what you'd need and were still ridiculously expensive to develop and field.
>>
>>33529588
Not an issue with rimfire guns, which most at the time were.
>>
>>33549448
You add half the weight of the grenade but can get out to a target a few hundred meters away.

The problem with a dedicated grenade launcher is that it's way heavier than a slightly bigger grenade and takes up a moderate amount of volume.
The XM25 is a failure and a waste of money, too heavy, too few rounds.

No targeting just spin stabilized.

This is just a modern version of a rifle grenade only without goofy rifle attachments and grenades you can also just throw but when fired will have better accuracy.
>>
>>33527479
A big-game-hunting-capable AR-15 with a cartridge based on .460 Weatherby brass trimmed by an inch or so to fit the standard mags; the energy should be about 70-85% of the parent cartridge, given the same bullet weight, which would put it around .458 Win Mag levels. The barrel and bolt are gonna have to be redesigned to handle the pressure, heavier profile and stronger materials, but other than that there shouldn't be any other parts that need to get swapped out. To handle the recoil, the gas port could pushed out past rifle length or the gas block could be adjustable and ticked near closed to reduce the gas pressure.
>>
File: targets.png (54KB, 581x199px)
targets.png
54KB, 581x199px
>>33549561
Except it'll be inaccurate as hell. Spin stabilization keeps a trajectory consistent, it's not auto aim. It only improves precision, not accuracy.

Gyroscopic stabilization works in rifles because we can line up 2 points (e.g. sight posts) and then direct the projectile down that line. Your grenade doesn't have that.

How do you even expect to launch it? Do you throw it like normal but it's rocket assisted? Or hold it out like a roman candle and let it take off from your hand?
Because either way you're only increasing the range of the projectile, and removing the already minor aerodynamic effects on precision (minor because grenades fly slowly and are heavy). You're not affecting the accuracy and the accuracy of both methods is shit.
Doesn't matter if you make a 5 MOA rifle be able to shoot 5km, its still a 5 MOA rifle.
>>
>>33543444
>>33543420
>bees
>not using wasps

Amateurs.
>>
>>33527479
How about a low-cost, ship- or ground-launched missile designed to provide close support to ground troops? Sorta like a Hellfire, but capable of coming out of a tube and flying 50+ miles on its own before surgically pulverizing a target.
>GPS and/or laser guidance for low cost
>Avoid expensive turbofan propulsion
>Use 2-stage rocket/ramjet for fast-response
>Or, build slower but loitering version with pulsejet or even a propeller engine
>>
>>33535401
>>33535373
LMAO

pistol caliber concepts realistically could you just throw a charge in the middle like on the right? would that work .-. what type of compound would you need for that .-.
>>
>>33543490
>gun made of bees
>shoots smaller guns that are also bees
>smaller guns that are made of bees shoot bees
Thread posts: 182
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.