[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, why did the concept of a tactical poncho never catch on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Hawkbat Battallion.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hawkbat Battallion.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
So, why did the concept of a tactical poncho never catch on?

It could provide decent breaking of the human figure when blending into the environment with the right camouflage, keep your weapon/ammo/sensitive equipment safe from rain and dirt, you can rip small strips of cloth from it to make for makeshift bandages to stop bleeding if you're hit, keep the operator warm and comfy during the night as a bonus, all while making you look like a bad motherfucker straight outta the Old West, among plenty other uses.

Is it because it can get stuck on things?
>>
>>33524462
But anon, they do still issue ponchos for rain as far as I know.
>>
>>33524462
>rifle gets stuck on it
Dead.
>you get stuck on it
Dead.
>something gets stuck on it
Dead.
Also, if you want to wear a poncho in 120 degree weather go for it hombre.
>>
>>33524462
Chest rig mag pouches need to be acessible, and you can't exactly just throw it over the poncho

Army still issues ponchos but we also get these nice waterproof jackets and pants that basically defeat the purpose of that

basically yeah it's a liability getting snagged on shit and getting in the way in general
>>
>>33524514
>if you want to wear a poncho in 120 degree weather go for it hombre.
Arabs use bigass robes under the desert sun and don't die from it. Git gud.
>>
File: poncho-villatm--1f7.jpg (30KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
poncho-villatm--1f7.jpg
30KB, 750x750px
I found one

https://www.hazard4.com/poncho-villa.html
>>
>>33524537
I dont think arab soldiers are a good example.

probably the worst one of them all
>>
>>33524547
Their women then, who're not even trained in endurance and wear those black hijab things
>>
File: You Should Know Better.jpg (65KB, 552x700px) Image search: [Google]
You Should Know Better.jpg
65KB, 552x700px
>>33524514
>hombre

>not using tactical western ponchos in the summer
>>
You gotta be a dumbass if you get your rifle stucked while using a tactical poncho, I mean you are gonna recieve a training in which you will learn about your equipment
>>
>>33524517
Valid point. Perhaps there's a way to circumvent it like in >>33524539 and >>33524559

>Arrive at AO
>Throw front side of the poncho over your non-dominant-hand shoulder so your tacvest is more accessible
>Draw rifle and rock and roll(?)
>>
>>33524537
If anything, their gear is designed to keep them cool. They wear all those robes to get the sun off themselves.
>>
>>33524621
Exactly. Don't see what's the problem having a cloth protecting you from the sun. I mean, people use shemaghs for that too other than protecting themselves from dust.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.