[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've almost got a grand saved up, and I'm thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

I've almost got a grand saved up, and I'm thinking about getting another AR, but I live in Washington State and I'm worried about our stupid Attorney General passing an "Assault Weapons Ban" for our state, he tries every year. A part of me wants to go and buy up 10 lowers, I've already got 4. What do you guys think? Wise investment as they are very cheap right now?
>>
File: ozzy.jpg (107KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
ozzy.jpg
107KB, 736x552px
>>
Buy them up. If you already have lowers, get a few sets of the rest of the parts.
>>
>>33518012
yeah I'm kinda leaning heavily towards that.
>>
Are PSA lowers good? What's the best lower receiver even if it costs most than $50-60 bucks?
>>
Maybe you should spend the money on something smarter so you aren't permanently a poorfag.
>>
>>33517987
If his version of the ban passes I don't believe you would be able to transfer them iirc.
>>
>>33518874
Found on page 7
2)(a) may not sell or transfer the assault
weapon to any other person in this state other than to a licensed
dealer, to a federally licensed gun smith for the purpose of service
or repair, or to a law enforcement agency for the purpose of
permanently relinquishing the assault weapon or large capacity
magazine;

http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2015-16/Pdf/Bills/House%20Bills/2354.pdf
>>
>>33517987

would a colt 73 still count as an assault weapon? or would it fall under a C&R license?

>tfw don't want a modern AR but just a Vietnam era one
>>
>>33518874
I'm not buying them with the intention of transferring, I just want enough that I'd never worry in the future. If my ar kabooms I've got 20 more receivers.
>>
Join us fellow washington /k/ommandos

https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAEB1TtLYFLgpqC7TUA
>>
what do you guys think the likely hood is of this kind of thing passing in washington state?
>>
>>33519436
With all the commiefornians moving? Within 2-5 years for sure
>>
>>33519469
california is fucking horrible they are like a liberal plague that infects everything around it

they need to stop
>>
>>33519469
oh god I sure hope not.
>>
>>33518526

I've used a few PSA lowers. Never had any issues with them.
>>
Where at in WA is every one? Olympia fat here.
>>
>>33519546
The fine city of Everett
>>
>>33519469
Not even. California transplants account for a whopping .01% of the pop since 2011. This shit has never passed and it won't ever pass unless big things change drastically despite all odds
>>
>>33517987
In a day and age where Primary arms sells anderson lowers bi-monthly for 34.99 and on the off months for 39.99 just buy some lowers and buy another rifle

Is it really that fucking hard to figure out
>>
>>33519546
>Olympia fat here.
Dan?
>>
Do it now while you've got the chance.

He can't pass an AWB because the Republicans hold a slim majority. So he's just going to get his buddies to take it to referendum, which will pass cause of Thurston up to What I'm counties, especially King and Pierce.

We're California 2.0, hence why I'm applying to jobs in Montana.
>>
>>33521166
What makes you think this year is any different? He introduces a new awb bill every year, and every year it gets shot down. You said yourself this way the case.
>>
>>33521107

Uh...Jesse, Alex or Kaley?
>>
>>33521040
holy tits that's cheap.
>>
Vote, guys. Every one of you, get your family and friends too. I voted in the shitter at fort Leonard wood against that stupid universal background bill, we can't let our state be cali 2.0
>>
>>33517987
Aluminum AR-15 lowers, used for firing 5.56, will not wear out until well over 200k rounds. If you're concerned about having one for the future that somehow exceeds that standard, fuck, get yourself something steel.

Look for the phrase on Arfcom:
"High round count AR/M4's (over 100,000 rounds) and how they have handled on our range"

I think most ban proposals now include language limiting your ability to transfer them (California native, Washington resident for now, enjoying normal ARs and good CC policy while I can). So get one or three for yourself (rifle, pistol, SBR?), then get some and transfer them to the folks you care about (or buy enough up for that purpose, if the proposal will take some time to be enacted. If the proposal will take time to be enacted, then go ahead and buy lowers to prepare for other people panic-buying, but the AR market's so super-saturated right now I expect they'll start falling from the sky when the barometer drops).
>>
>>33522313
do they make steel lowers?
>>
>>33519546
Tri-cities originally.
>>
>>33522358
There's a few places that do, either the soft steel ones that you weld together yourself, or anything that's case-hardened, like Turnbull. A little bit more expensive, though.
>>
>>33521700
It hasn't gone before a referendum before
>>
I bought a 2nd lower last week, not stockpiling tho, just sexually attracted to sexy rollmarks
>>
>>33518949
Nothing is protected by C&R under the (failed) awb bill that was proposed this year.

M1 carbine deadly assault weapon.
>>
>>33519546
Columbia City
>>
>>33522222
Quints speaks the truth!
>>
>>33524623

FUCK
>>
>>33519594
How is your oxy habit coming along?
>>
>>33519594
Marysville. Where do you usually shoot? I'm tired of driving out past Oso.
>>
>>33519546
Capitol Hill
>>
This shit really concerns me, I don't want my state becoming a shit hole where you can't really own any firearms. I just hope that supreme court justice is approved and they strike down all of these local state laws on ar-15s as illegal and unconstitutional.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.