[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Had it been invented a few years prior and be ready to hit the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: pedersen.jpg (80KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
pedersen.jpg
80KB, 848x477px
Had it been invented a few years prior and be ready to hit the fronts by say 1917, instead of not ready for full production until the Great War was already over, could the Pedersen device had been a gamechanger in American military strategy?
>>
Short answer: no
Long answer: no
>>
>>33512422
I didn't even know what a Pedersen Device was until I saw one in Kino's Journey. An interesting piece of kit.
>>
Not any better then fielding another anemic SMG
>>
>>33514544
>another anemic SMG
Such as?

The US didn't have many options, only the Germans really managed to roll out their MP-18s and converted artillery lugers early enough to make a difference.

Plus it's only a few extra pounds to give soldiers a whole new gun just by replacing the bolt on theit rifle and now they suddenly have an SMG
>>
>>33514662
They're bulky, feed poorly, and don't address the central issue with using long battle rifles in a trench: barrel length. The Pedersen device was a poorly implemented good idea that was rather too late for its time.
>>
>>33512422
No. I think it would face the same problems most other experimental guns did during the era; lack of reliability in the mud. The full-length rifle as opposed to the short SMG would also pose an issue in the narrow trenches.

It wouldn't be a game changer, it would change things but would still play second fiddle to the M1987.

It might go down in history as an intermediate step between bolt-action and semi-automatic rifle development, thus delay the adoption of the M1 Garand.
>>
>>33512422
I wish someone would make one for the mosin, chambered in 7.62x25
>>
>>33515029
>the central issue with using long battle rifles in a trench: barrel length

The central issue is not the overall rifle length, it is secondary to the low rate of fire.
>>
>>33516194
It really wasn't. Trench shotguns, pistols, short carbines, and sawed off fowlers performed admirably in the trenches despite having a rate of fire at least as slow as the Springfield. This is because they were actually short enough to use in the trenches.
>>
>>33515029
>long battle rifle
>1903 Springfield

found the nogunz
>>
File: 168tsls.jpg (435KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
168tsls.jpg
435KB, 1600x1200px
>>33514222
My man! By the way, a second season for the anime is confirmed now, plus they're making a mango for it as well. I hate how they changed the looks of the original Kino in the mango, and some subtleties about his character, but the rest is good. Plus, we should't be seeing anymore of him after chapter 1 anyways.Overall though, hyped as fuck about the upcoming season, I've really only enjoyed a few other shows, and Kino to Tabi is definitely at the top.
>>
>>33517407
"his"?
>>
>>33517417
I said original Kino, like the one that gets stabbed, then dies. That's also why I mentioned you won't see him after chapter 1.
>>
File: gay_and_not_gay.png (1MB, 980x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gay_and_not_gay.png
1MB, 980x1000px
>>33517417
>>33517445
Here's a reference for who I'm talking about, and a visual aid for explaining in why I don't like how they changed his looks. He also acts like a disrespectful idiot in the mango.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.