[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What guns would I be able to get in NJ? Specifically for hunting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: new-jersey-state-clipart-1 (1).png (8KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
new-jersey-state-clipart-1 (1).png
8KB, 480x480px
What guns would I be able to get in NJ? Specifically for hunting and home protection.
>>
NJ fag here, have a 12 gauge break action for clay pigeons and a semi auto for waterfowl. You should be able to get any fudd gun with a basic permit.
>>
File: Toy_popgun.jpg (8KB, 546x391px) Image search: [Google]
Toy_popgun.jpg
8KB, 546x391px
>>
File: rubberband_rifle_nw_bogo.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
rubberband_rifle_nw_bogo.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>
>>33511658
Damn I used to love these things. When I was little my friends and I would get those super strong rubber bands that are tiny as fuck but can stretch a lot and would shoot each other so much we'd get red welts all over our bodies.
>>
>>33511658
>Thumbhole stock
Illegal! That's a 'salt weapon!
>>
>>33511528
>>33511589
Bergen fag here. He pretty much got it. NJ laws are very ambiguous so make sure you read them thoroughly but any fudd gun should be legal here. If its semi-auto, thats when you should start being careful.
>>
>>33511823
Glad I left that shithole.
>>
File: 1490408223924.jpg (42KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
1490408223924.jpg
42KB, 520x390px
>>33511528
Supposedly good AR/AK alternatives are the SU-16 and vz.58, given how cucked our laws are.

There's a range off by Exit 13 (I-78). It's right past the Clinton Diner. There's archery, shotgun, and rifle. Shame the range there only allows .22LR, muzzle, and shotgun.

On a lighter note, there's practically no range employees to micromanage you so you can shoot whatever the fuck you want. Given how it's literally 150 yards of dirt with occasional garbage and target, I don't see why they would care, extra work for them right?

As for self defense, as quote. "Self-defense is the right to protect yourself against any unlawful force. New Jersey Statutes 2C-3-4(a) provides: “The use of force upon or toward another person is justifiable when the actor reasonably believes that such force is immediately necessary for the purpose of protecting himself against the unlawful force by such other person on the present occasion.”"
>>
>>33511528
If you intend to hunt in NJ, you are restricted to "primitive weapons" or shotguns.

As for self defense in NJ, do note that hollow point bullets are banned because they are "cop killers." Also no matter the situation, should you use lethal force in self defense, expect to be treated like a criminal by the NJ judicial system. I would recommend one of the litigation insurances should you live in one of the less white locations in NJ.
>>
>>33512551
>do note that hollow point bullets are banned
Wrong. You can't carry hollow points. That's a non issue since you can't carry unless you're special.
>>
>>33511823
Hello Bergen County! I grew up in Midland Park, but now live in California, where the gun laws, as bad as they are, at least are better than in NJ.
>>
>>33511528
There is no real law against anything that isn't self loading. IE any long gun where you have to manually cycle the action is 100% ok.

If you want to hunt and home defense just get a mossberg 500 or 870 with different barrels as you can only shotgun hunt here.

Unlike what /k/ thinks, pretty much any semi auto rifle is legal in NJ so long as you don't have a bayonet lug or a flash hider on it and don't buy mags that go above 15 rounds.

Pretty much any handgun is legal so long as it isn't a semi auto rifle without a stock. IE a glock 17 is fine, an AR pistol is not
>>
>>33512551
>>33513662
Hollow points are legal in your home, in the store, or on the range. It is just double illegal to carry them on your person outside your property.

And for home defense just use a shotgun. Almost no one would freak out about you icing a nigger with grandpas durr gun
>>
>>33514197
Boy what a lateral move. I do wish Cali had good gun laws, though, it's nice there.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.