[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What sword should I get for home defense to go with my shotgun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 19

File: backsword_overall[1].jpg (56KB, 1024x282px) Image search: [Google]
backsword_overall[1].jpg
56KB, 1024x282px
What sword should I get for home defense to go with my shotgun? For in case my shotgun malfunctions or there is some other issue? I live in a kike state that makes it too much of a pain in the dick to get a handgun as a side arm
>>
>>33511469
Get a shotgun with a bayonet mount. Once you run out of ammo slam firing. Affix your bayonet and remove hun.
>>
File: khandahar.jpg (121KB, 800x528px) Image search: [Google]
khandahar.jpg
121KB, 800x528px
>>33511469
you posted it

next get a singlestick to practice with
>>
>>33511469
Just use the shotgun as a melee weapon. Lotsa Victorian cane and military bayonet manuals you can adapt.
>>
File: tumblr_m3ech8nwih1r6ny83o1_1280.jpg (81KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3ech8nwih1r6ny83o1_1280.jpg
81KB, 1024x768px
A gladius, obviously. Roma Invicta!
Or a falcata if you prefer splitting the perp's head in two, rather than bop it, twist it, pulling his guts out with the gladius.
>>
a Longsword, and actually learn how to use it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GoQlvc_H3s
>>
What is the most practical style of Scottish basket hilt sword to own?
>>
>>33511652
>Portuguese
>>
If its the right size (for indoors) and not shit, any type of sword should suit you purposes.

Its not like you are going to get into a sword duel with a house robber unless the guy has a machete. So the style of sword isn't that big of a deal, so long as you can stab with it. There is a reason the Samurai carried a short sword alongside their Katanas.

So a great-sword is something you should only use outside a home. Unless you use it like a spear.
>>
>>33513989
>he doesn't own a spear for home defense
>>
>>33513998
M91/30 with bayonet counts, right?
>>
>>33511694
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy6fLr7FMfw
>>
>>33513998

Outside of a gun, a spear and shield combo is probably the best thing at fighting a guy with a baseball bat or knife.

Imagine, Nigel the bong home-robber rummaging through your stuff in the middle of the knight, and then OP jumps out with his Anglo-saxon shield and hoplite spear, and hell be all like, 'oi, buggah this' and then bolt because his knife cant get past OPs defense.
>>
>>33514085
I guess you could hold a pepper spay in one hand and the shield in the next and your all set in non-lethal home defense. You could even bash him with the shield and that probably won't count as a weapon.
>>
File: petaq_remover.jpg (496KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
petaq_remover.jpg
496KB, 2048x1152px
I prefer a halberd
>>
>>33514123
Non lethal defense

>>33514085
Yea honestly if you can't own a gun for whatever bullshit reason, in your own home you would be best off with a shield, spear, and a short sword like those used by the greeks or romans as they would be fast to draw and easy to use inside a house. Of course you should always use the spear first if you can because dat length.
>>
>>33511469
Your gonna want ballistic armor(atleast IIIA) and a:

Khukri
Gladius
Rapier
or maybe a hand and a half sword if your home is more wide open.
>>
Colichemarde or small sword
>easy to draw and maneuver inside
>can stab a nigger
>>
>>33511469

A fixed blade on the end of your gun.
>>
>>33514208

What if OP only has a handgun?
>>
At one point I considered a gas mask and a fuckhuge can of pepper fog.
>>
>>33515356
>in case my shotgun
>>
File: doubles advocate.jpg (74KB, 650x392px) Image search: [Google]
doubles advocate.jpg
74KB, 650x392px
>>33516316
>>
>>33513988
Not by a long shot, I'm not even a southern European. It's undeniable the swords from the region and time period are great for really close quarters i.e. a house.

>>33514085
>a spear
>indoors
>a shield larger than a buckler or a smaller targe
>indoors
>thinks in Bongland the whites are house robbers
Holy shit anon, you really dropped the ball on this one.
>>
>>33511469
>>33511469
Basket hilted sword. Not particularly heavy, can be used with one hand but really doesn't require finesse like a katana.

Get it from some metalsmithing autist you may find at the medieval fair(e).
You may pay a pretty penny, but tell him what you told us, and you might get a pleasant surprise, expect to spend at least twice what you paid for the shotgun.
Also real swords aren't necessarily fragile, but don't use it to rip up a tree stump or some shit. It's for meat.

Or you could spend 60 bux for a decent machete. According to liveleak vids they seem to do the trick just fine.
>>
>>33517077
might I add, and vouch for the machete, don't get one at walmart or some big box store.
Look for one at a gun show or some shit, don't let surface rust avert you. You want a lot of flexibility in the blade but not to the point where it's just flimsy.
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=199_1470129754
It's a wicked weapon. You can also use them for trimming hedges and shrubbery whilst making your neighbors worry about you.
>>
>>33511469
If you can find a sword bayonet that will fit on your shotgun or you can bubba rig to it, that will work great. Pull it off when you need to.
>>
File: IMG_1431.jpg (17KB, 400x401px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1431.jpg
17KB, 400x401px
It doubles as sports equipment so you can get outside and play with the normal kids.
>>
>>33517171
This, I'm a fan of the youth bats. You can get some wicked bat speed while swinging it one handed compared to a full size bat.
>>
File: 12341324321412.jpg (987KB, 1200x1602px) Image search: [Google]
12341324321412.jpg
987KB, 1200x1602px
>>33511469
>We will never get a news report about some dude removing dindus from his house with a fucking Scottish Basket Hilt
>>
>>33517033
Short spear works fine indoors if you're not retarded. Same for moderately sized shields, though using both at once would be shit.
>>
>>33517226
Sure you can use a short spear indoors, but it's far from optimal unless you're defending a hallway from a whole group of people. Chances are you won't be facing off against more than 2 people and the conflict may move from room, to hallway to another room. Try navigating a tight corner with a spear in the heat of things. If you don't drill the shit out of it you're as good as being unarmed.
>>
>>33511694
Nah, homie. A long sword is too big for most indoor uses. You can halfsword it, but I think you'd be better off going with a shorter blade. Personally I'd go with a ballistic shield and some sort of thrusting sword.

>t.hanks long sword user
>>
File: dog-gun-badge-belt.jpg (142KB, 388x413px) Image search: [Google]
dog-gun-badge-belt.jpg
142KB, 388x413px
>>33514123
>I guess you could hold a pepper spay in one hand and the shield in the next
Fuck that noise. If you're going to use pepper spray pick up a paintball gun and use pepper pellets like the big bad Dawg.
>>
>>33511469
Get a cutlass.
>>
File: A cutlass.jpg (72KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
A cutlass.jpg
72KB, 960x540px
>>33517297
This
>>
File: Patton Saber.jpg (62KB, 1200x700px) Image search: [Google]
Patton Saber.jpg
62KB, 1200x700px
>>33517297
Wouldn't a straight thrusting sword be more effective indoors? What with hallways, doorways, and such?
>>
>not a captive bolt pistol with an air cylinder strapped to your back like a scuba tank
weak
>>
>>33517328
I agree with the saber guy.
>>
File: 1879_trench.jpg (134KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1879_trench.jpg
134KB, 1600x900px
>not combining your shotgun with your sword
>>
>>33517328
Against invaders who aren't wearing any sort of armor meant for historical bladed weapons, almost any straight blade will do for thrusting, even the rounded Viking era ones. A cookie cutter cut and thrust design will offer more flexibility in larger rooms and houses.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>33513989
>he doesnt own a zulu spear that could skewer a dindu
>>
>>33517328
I mean a cutlass was used for the purpose of fighting in closed quarters on a fucking boat
>>
>>33517547
Fair enough. I just figured a longer bladed thrusting sword would be easier to keep someone at bay with than a cutlass. Especially in a hallway or something.
>>
>>33517479
Tyrone will shank you in the ribs, while you're struggling to get that thing around the corner, m80.
>>
>>33517033
something like an oval scutum shield would work fine inside. you could have awesome body coverage and be able to black doorways. then just stab tyrone with your short sword when he's busy trying to punch or bat his way through.
>>
File: WRONG.png (51KB, 140x157px) Image search: [Google]
WRONG.png
51KB, 140x157px
>>33517629
>if i were to turn a corner with a spear i would hold it horizontally and from the bottom of the shaft the whole time
>>
>>33518019
If you hold it point up what good exactly is the spear and what's stopping the person from just getting in your close range and grappling you, you fucking retard? If you think a spear is good for home defense you're next level stupid and deserve getting shived by a nigger with a kitchen knife.
>>
I am a fan of the shield + short sword for indoors no gun operating.

Scutum + gladius is the best possible combination for that role.
>>
File: ah4211b-_9_.jpg (543KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ah4211b-_9_.jpg
543KB, 1500x1500px
>>33518503
Pretty much this. It's funny how that sort of arrangement fell by the wayside with the advancement of cavalry and armor. but now it really makes the most sense seeing how most people go unarmored and vulnerable outside of military/lo. Obviously you need some dexterity and practice to make the most use out of a scutum and short sword, but it's very efficient and simple for close quarters combat. No fancy martial arts needed, just block, stab, and move on.
>>
>>33517297
This. Literally made for tight corridors and small rooms. Sturdy and tough for untrained people too.
>>
>>33518615

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pwwfc8Umv54

For poor fags that don't know a thing about swords, the Cobra Steel Kindjal is supposed to be a good deal. $65, not shitty quality, does its job.
>>
>>33519895
>tight corridors and small rooms
That's false, though. Fighting was rarely, if ever taken to the lower decks of a ship. If your ship got boarded and you were losing it was quite evident and people would surrender and be taken as prisoners in conventional naval warfare. If you knew the enemy wasn't taking prisoners you might fight to the death and even try to take it to the lower decks, but people favored belaying pins and daggers there.

Pirates of the Caribbean is not a documentary, anon.
>>
>>33513988
Technically no. The original iberian tribes ,that invented the sword the gladius was based off of, were a break off of celts that eventual got breed out by germanic nomads, vandals i believe. Then they mixed with north africans and arabs when islam took over
>>
>>33514177
Decent idea, close quarters generally dictates shorter weapons
>>
>>33517479
The short zulu spear would work its about 2 feet long
>>
>>33511469
Get a katana to go with your dark, brooding, intelligent personality.
>>
>>33519989
Even on deck it was cqb. Rigging lines, barrels and other people made it crowded
>>
>>33520076
Lol i get what youre saying. Swords have become a neckbeard weirdo meme but the historical significance is important just incase our tech goes by the way side and even today melee weapons have a an important role to play, all be it a small one that shouldnt be o er emphasized
>>
>>33520117
Sure, but it's hardly comparable to the bowels of a ship. I've been on a 16th century Spanish galleon and those things are fucking cramped and the ceiling is really low. You're not going to get a cut in there, sure you could stab, but in that case a dagger would be more suited.
>>
>>33511469
This was made for you.
>>
>>33514139
This is awesome
>>
>>33517557
Yea but I gotta be able to draw the sword
>>
>>33520076
I said I had a shotgun. The whole point of this tread is as a backup weapon or if you live in a cuck country. Mossbergs are super reliable, but lets say shit gets fucked in the 1 in a million times a mossberg can get fucked. I'd rather a sword than a limp dick.
>>
>>33521256
Doesnt mossberg make the 590 with a bayonet lug? Id rather a bayonet on my primary gun then carrying an additional weapon, especially in the case of a home invasion. You get woken up at 2am are you going to remember to grab the sword and the gun?
>>
>>33521496
>not sleeping with the sword and ammo attached to yourself
>>
>>33521496
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAkCLpMtjlM

According to Will Keith a katana can save you from a "Burgerler".
>>
>>33511469
Why not just a bayonet on the end of said shotgun?

I can't imagine that if your shotguns screws up in a critical situation you're going to go back upstairs and get your sword, or that you're going to have a scabbard on you.
>>
>>33521561
Didn't he save someone on /k/ from a car jacking?
>>
File: taurus supreme court justice.png (180KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
taurus supreme court justice.png
180KB, 540x405px
>>33516426
>>
>>33521545
>Not sleeping with the sword unsheathed in your hand and the shotgun in the other with the safety off

It's like you want a meth addict to steal all your stuff or something.
>>
>>33521612
Story please?
>>
>>33521713
I don't remember totally. Something about a Jersey anon ending up on the side of the road in clifton either cause of an accident or something and some guys looked like they were gunna fuck him up and a fat man with a sword chased the fuckers off calling them ruffians
>>
>>33521951
Sound a lot like the 3 musketeers story.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxuB8uIiEY0
>>
>>33517275
>round grips
C'mon man, why do you hate yourself
>>
>>33522365
what?
>>
>>33517141
>You can also use them for trimming hedges and shrubbery whilst making your neighbors worry about you

Maybe it's just my suburb, but if I busted out a machete to do gardening the neighbours absolutely would be wondering wtf was going on. People here use electric tools, or at least shears, they don't wail away at the rhododendrons with an overgrown knife.
>>
>>33523851
It's a lot easier to get the edge alignment just right if the grips are rectangular or oval instead of round.
>>
>>33522365
2 round grips and a square one. What do you have against square grips?
>>
>>33522365
None of those grips are circular though, Some are ovate, perhaps could use a bit of wood off it, but they all look fine
>>
>>33517557
Without armor, a cutlass will fuck the invader up pretty good.
>>
>>33517328

Perhaps, but a sword like that was designed to be used from horseback and is not ideal for groundwork let alone in the hallway of your house.
>>
Just buy a second shotgun
>>
>>33520138
>swords are a weirdo thing
>but they're also great if technology somehow vanishes

whew lad...

But really, I get what you're saying, it's just that this is akin to developing arm strength, so if you fall out of a plane you'll be able to flap your arms and slow your descent.

Owning whatever few last weapons are still permitted us is a way, however deluded or pathetic it might be, to hold onto your inherent human right "to be dangerous"; to slow our full speed descent into abject helplessness and servility as a slave species; to preserve the instincts needed to slash and cut and kill, rather than meekly drying the sweaty brow of a home invader rapist as he creampies your wife.
>>
>>33530290
Also, don't you wanna be in the news as the dude who literally emasculated a home invader in self defense
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.