[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I remember an old vet telling me that when you're stalking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

File: sentry_getting_raped.png (727KB, 631x434px) Image search: [Google]
sentry_getting_raped.png
727KB, 631x434px
I remember an old vet telling me that when you're stalking someone you're not supposed to look directly into him or he'll "feel" your presence

how true is this?
>>
Not true, but you notice them noticing something else a lot faster if you're looking directly at them.
>>
>>33511218
If you believe in psychic powers then /x/ is more suited to answer your questions.
>>
>>33511218
It's spooky true.
I both done it, and had it happen to me.
>>
Seems /x/ tier but most people have noticed in your lifetime that prople can feel a gaze upon them.
>>
>>33511256
>>33511237
is there even an explanation to it?
>>
>>33511256
im not a big paranormal guy but i do think there are weird things that just cant be explained. feeling someone looking at you even though you cant see them is one of those things
>>
>>33511218
He won't feel your presence. He won't know where you'll looking. You can use sensory information to subconsciously deduct that you're being stalked.
>>
>>33511263
>>33511272

We don't fully understand our environment with our default sensory equipment alone my dude.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychic_staring_effect
Could just be people selectively remembering when they were right about being watched
I feel like people are watching me a lot and the results are a bit iffy myself
>>
Never hunted a man but deer, black bear and dogs most definitely know.
>>
>>33511218
This is true.
I didn't believe it at first either, I don't know how or why, but it's true.
Don't believe me? Next time you're at a red light, look over at the person in the car next to you and watch how fast they turn to look back at you.
>>
>>33511218
This one of those things that I want to say is bullshit but honestly I think we've all felt that 'someone's watching you' feeling at least once.
There's probably never going to be any scientific evidence to back it up, but I would buy it.
>>
File: wally.jpg (10KB, 252x272px) Image search: [Google]
wally.jpg
10KB, 252x272px
>>33511218
Its one of those things we where taught in sentry removal and sneaky bastardry in the military.
Part of it comes down to avoiding 'target fixation' where you focus on the area around you and them, to avoid being noisy and maintaining the ability to be a sneaky. Or essentially avoiding the classic treading on a dry stick, kicking something over on the way in.

The other part of it is that unless people are asleep, they're still on a swivel, maybe not as much if they're lethargic, but as an animal we're quite heavily focused on detecting threats with our peripheral vision- so even if we don't consciously see a set of eyes burning into us, if the peripheral vision detects those eyes then it may create an instinctual response of fight-flight. That sort of dates back to being chewed on and ambushed by large predators, plus our own sociological behaviour where eye contact can mean a lot of things- like narrowed eyes with murderous intent!

So it is a thing, but its not a 'psychic thing' as such
>>
>>33511218
Yes

Can't you feel me staring at you right now?
>>
>>33511218

People that arn't paranoid crazy people usually have no idea their being followed.

paranoid people are sometimes right, but rarely accurate.
>>
>>33511777
That's different, that's just your peripheral vision.
>>33511218
I have no scientific proof of the matter but it seems really true. It doesn't always work but there are definitely times when I can feel someone is staring at me and I turn out to be correct. It's just one of those primal instincts we have. Science has a long ways to go to understanding how our brains work. It's pretty spoopy but true.

What's really weird is that I don't think there's a range to it. It's pretty easy to tell when they're really close. But one time when I was camping with some friends, our group split up and while my group was hiking and kept feeling like we were being watched. Sure enough, the other half of the group had gone to a nearby hill and had been watching us through binoculars to see which trail we were taking.

Spoopy shit, man.
>>
It's true but I can't explain it rationally.
>>
File: HalloweenDogs02.jpg (44KB, 354x293px) Image search: [Google]
HalloweenDogs02.jpg
44KB, 354x293px
>>33511218
When my battle buddie Cocker Spaniel wants to go outside
but Im in a deep sleep
He will just sit there and stare at me
It wakes me up everytime and I let him out
spooky doggo is spooky
but hey, hes my Bestie
>>
>>33511218
I imagine true

My dad used to be a security guard and I still remember him showing me that if you zoom in on someone with the camers they will suddenly get nervous and start looking around

I spent hours watching people normally and then staring at them and watching as they suddenly get nervous and look around. Cameras were covered and made no noise too
>>
>>33511218
>I remember an old vet telling me that when you're stalking someone you're not supposed to look directly into him or he'll "feel" your presencehow true is this?

Bollocks. I've watched enemy or hours while they scratched their nuts and went for a piss.

Cattle, birds, noise, wildlife silence, smell, dogs, birds are the triggers that give you that being watched feeling, specially a change in background noise or increased silence
>>
>>33511218
I don't think it's true and if it was wouldn't you want them to feel like they are being watched. Eventually they will give up after looking around and finding nothing. Than you strike.
>>
Has /k/ ever experienced the ambient sounds of the woods going quiet suddenly? It's spooky as hell.
>>
>>33511218
My back gets itchy when someone is staring at me intensely. And yes I've made sure the itchiness doesn't start after I begin to suspect I'm being looked at.
>>
>>33513242
It's probably a response to you
>>
>>33511218
Eyes and face are very recognizable human features, so if your target is scanning around and looks in your direction while you are also staring at him, you're more likely to be spotted than if you get your face out of the way.
The idea that somebody can sense when you're literally looking at them as opposed to looking near them and shit is /x/ tier. Averting your eyes from your target is not what keeps you from being spotted, getting your easily recognizable features (including your eyes) out of his line of sight keeps you from getting spotted.
>>
>>33511218
>how true is this?

Not in the slightest.

>>33511237

No, you haven't, and no, it hasn't.

>>33511263

A combination of coincidence, placebo effect, misremembering, and believing what you want to believe.
>>
>>33513000

Trips of truth.

Nobody is psychic or has extrasensory perception. People will unconsciously notice other disturbances, but just staring at people doesn't do shit.
>>
>>33511263
>>33511272

Your sensory organs take in shitloads of information that you never consciously process. There's a lot of noises or small visual stimuli that your conscious mind may ignore, while your lizard brain sets off alarm bells and you get "that feeling."

The sound of soft, slow, deliberate steps for example, set against a backdrop of wind in the trees, birds chirping, and you're focused on whatever task you're doing so you aren't tuned in. Your ears hear everything, but your brain filters it all down and gives you the abbreviated version to work with. It makes sense though that your subconscious mind is always looking for those little threat queues.
>>
>>33513242

I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>33513242

There are all kinds of small predators whose presence can do this. Hawks, weasels, etc.
>>
ITT: broscience
>>
One Native Americans tribe would hunt with one eye closed so animals wouldn't be spooked by seeing two eyes looking at them.
>>
>>33513596

Native Americans also believed eating an animal's heart raw gave you their spirit and wiped out the buffalo by running entire herds of them off cliffs then taking only the choicest cuts before blaming it on settlers.

They're not the most reliable people to go to for science or reason.
>>
>>33513722
>Native Americans wiped out the buffalo
some tribes had some practices that were wanton and destructive, but they did not wipe out the buffalo
that was thoroughly the white man
>>
People probably confuse a sixth sense with just one of your normal senses. It could be a guy sitting on post or whatever and a smell not normal is picked up by their brain, could be as small as a millionth of a particle, but the brain picks it up and goes "is that deodorant I'm smelling?" but the person goes "man something isn't right here, I'm getting this weird feeling"
>>
>>33513242
Probably not worth worrying about just come back to the woods
>>
>>33514702

it was man, period. And the buffalo are back in large numbers.
>>
>>33516517
>it was man, period. And the buffalo are back in large numbers.

because of whites

red, brown, black, yellow... all have to bow

white mans burden
>>
>>33513393
>>33513415
>>33516494
Seems like the SWIDF is in full force today.

To skinwalkers lurking, do you think that traps are gay?
>>
>>33516623

It has been decided. Traps are gay. Liking traps is not gay. Unless their dick is bigger than yours, then it's just all gay.
>>
>>33511218
It's just how brains work, like when you try to get close to a wild animal; you don't look directly at them and you don't walk right at them
>>
social unconsciousness
>>
>>33511218

It's true. Haven't you ever stared at someone in public and then they turn around and look right at you? Birds even know you never look at them until you are ready to aim and fire your pellet gun.
>>
>>33511740
This. I've seen does and older bucks lock up and bolt just from eye contact
>>
>>33511272
Except you probably cast a shadow, made a sound moving, exhaled loudly. They didn't catch it consciously, but an instinct made them aware. "Feeling" a presence, might as well believe in basic rights for Europeans, or Islam actually being the religion of Peace.
>>
>>33513373
makes sense, I mean our species has been around a long fucking time, and a large chunk of it was dedicated to listening to whatever our more primitive mind told us to do. There's bound to be left overs inside us.
>>
tfw feel stared right now

Thanks for fueling my paranoia /k/
>>
>>33513722
Eating animal hearts is a white american thing, I think they all got it from Red Dawn.
>>
>>33512220
Go out to any public place and stare at people. Anyone not staring into their goddamn phone will eventually notice you looking at then because guess what? Anything with eyes makes a habit of looking around periodically. That's all there is to it
>>
>>33516558
(you)
>>
>>33516969
Fire some shots in random directions to scare it off.
>>
>>33511740
>>33516861
Wow it's almost like they're animals with sensory skills adapted to their environment. Truly my mind is blown by this revelation
>>
>>33513242
It is nothing. By the way, when are you going camping next?
>>
>>33511218

Completely false.
I've been anywhere from 100 yards away to inches away from people and they never reacted as if they knew someone was watching.
>>
>>33516558
Stormfront, Leave!
REEEEE
>>
>>33511218
BIGFOOT TOUCHED MY DIK
>>
>>33511218
People feel like they are being watched.

I'd say it's fairly true, if just a precaution.

>>33511234
I bet you don't think weather effects your joints.
>>
>>33511218
Its actually listed in military manuals but with no further explanation.
>>
>>33511301
This is underrated, saved my life.
Best post
>>
>>33511218
I definitely notice it. Doesn't happen every time someone looks at you, or you look at them, and it doesn't guarantee they'll actually see you, but it's reliable enough.

Have no idea how the fuck it could possibly work.
>>
>>33511218
Just my five cents:

We well know that our brain is filtering the input:
For hearing its called 'Cocktail party effect': At a Cocktailparty with lots of small groups chatting you are hearing 'nothing' from the other groups - until someone says your name, even on the other side of the room.

This does also apply for seeing, especially for the peripheral (?) part. We are pretty good at also reconizing faces - pic related, its not a sink, its a face.

So if there are two white spots (right size, right positions, maybe even some nose-esque/mouth-like part) in your peripheral sight, your brain is telling you: Look, Face!

So yes, i think the phenomen is real - without any spooky stuff.

>i wouldnt worry about
>>
>>33517710

preddy gud
>>
>>33511218
>19d
Very true

Absolutely no science whatsoever to prove it, but its been replicated countless times in my life alone, and well accepted in the scout community.
>>
A face looking right at you is more likely to be noticed
A face looking at something else is less likely to be noticed
This could be the explanation, or at least a factor
>>
>>33511218
I've been told the same thing by special forces guys.
I don't believe them of course.
>>
>>33511218
heard this from my dad who was told same thing by a military guy who did stuff during the contra Nicaragua times and died when his helicopter was shot down there...special forces take some training from top martial arts experts who are usually into voodoo/black magic shit. the one old martial arts master in LA who trained these guys had a refrigerator full of tiger penises and all sorts of crazy illegal shit. the special force guys were also taught to slit live chicken's throats and drink the blood before a mission to consume the life force and get them frenzied or something. but anyway, you're supposed to look at the small of their back if you're stalking them, not the back of head or neck. humans have a sixth sense that can sense someone staring when you look there.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.