[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey /K/ I've been looking into getting a small pocket gun,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 10302132.jpg (17KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
10302132.jpg
17KB, 500x500px
hey /K/ I've been looking into getting a small pocket gun, are they worth it? I don't like the idea of shooting without a full grip, but like the usefulness of such small firearms.
>>
>>33510625
its not that small guns are useful its that they are convenient. if you can get away with a small pocket gun you could carry a medium gun like a glock 19 if you put the effort in.
>>
>>33510625
Guns small enough for pocket carry are excellent for consistent carry.
>>
I'm looking to get a Glcok 43 or 26.
I have a Glock 17 so I want uniformity of rounds.
Used to own a Walther p22. It was cool for pocket carry. The gun was a piece of shit though.
>>
>>33510662
>>33510676
basically am just looking for convenience for consistent carry. I haven't found a holster convenient or comfortable enough to sit on empty all day at my shitty gun free office job. so something i can conceal in a pocket before work and until I get home is appealing.
>>
>>33510625
I typically carry a Pico at work. It shoots fine, but if i'm not going ot be at the office, it gets rotated out for a larger gun.

Shooting pocket guns accurately is a matter of practice, if it's in .380, the lack of grip just doesn't matter much for recoil control.

That said, if you're not a fat fuck, you can appendix carry most subcompacts and easily conceal them. Pocket guns over the appendix have the advantages of a very, very fast draw, good retention, and being fucking comfortable/invisible.

Don't pocket carry unless you can't get away with an untucked shirt. Pocket carry is shit and should only be done if you CAN'T do anything else for some reason.
>>
>>33510769
Forgot to add:
If you're shooting a pocket gun at someone, you're probably in or juts shy of punching range anyway.

The grip really doesn't matter at all. Sights are a bigger issue, but even then, practice your fucking point shooting.

First round I fire at the range is ALWAYS from concealment without using the sights.
>>
>>33510769
can't legally carry at work in any fashion, know they've tried to pull shit about not allowing them in cars, but I know I'm legally sound there. It's a shit company but I need the money for as long as I can get it. and really can't risk quitting to find a more gun friendly employer.
>>
File: IMG_1240.jpg (587KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1240.jpg
587KB, 1920x1080px
I don't know of any easier carry than a glock 43 in a mic holster and a backplate clip.
>Still get good firepower with 9mm hollow points
>Plenty of good night sight options
>faster draw than pocket carry
>very convenient carry with little chance of printing
>>
OP my main carry is a Glock 19, but I also have an LCP (2nd gen, but not "LCP II") for when I'm in scrubs (DeSantis Nemesis holster) or while running (belly band).

LCP is tiny and reliable. If you're worried about those times where you have to leave your normal weapon behind because you're afraid of printing, or you just want a back-up gun, the LCP is a great choice. I can't say anything about the LCP II, because I haven't fired it. But I would check it out.
>>
>>33510625
The practice they require to shoot ruins their convienience for me. I've been known to throw an LCP in my pocket real quick just to go out for a minute but I never feel like I could really defend myself with it.

Just get a compact.
>>
>>33510662
>if you can carry a pocket pistol you can carry a glock 19
>if you can carry a glock 19 you can carry a mk23
>if you can carry a mk23 you can carry an AR/AK
>if you can carry an AR you can carry an AT4
>if you can carry an AT4 you can carry a howitzer
>if you can carry a howitzer you can carry a railgun
>ad infinitum
>if you put the effort in

What is /k/'s obsession with "I know you want X, but here is why thats wrong and Y is right"? Shut the fuck up and let the man carry what he wants to.
>>
>>33510866
looking at them for similar reasons, get to work, maybe pick up dinner and go home. I'm not opposed to normal holster carry for more extensive excursions where i can't get fired for having a gun
>>
>>33510625
Do it. Even if you carry something else, it's great for days when you don't feel like packing iron and would otherwise go unarmed. I have a .32 that just lives in my pocket, even around the house. I like having something on me in case a wild dindu appears and I can't get to the bedroom.
>>
File: coops.jpg (27KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
coops.jpg
27KB, 500x375px
>>33510888
>>
>>33510625
Hey OP, watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfGKUg9yCBU

Get an idea of what carry method would be most comfortable for you to carry consistently

If a pocket pistol looks like it would work for you, go for it
>>
>>33510888
X10
>>
>>33510625
If you want an lcp get it. Only reason a lcp doesnt fire is when its out of ammo. Bianchi professional iwb works great with a lcp at 4:00
>>
>>33510625

I've had an LCP for a few years. I either carry it in my back pocket or appendix carry in a cheap iwb slide holster. It's just more convenient/comfy that my larger carry gun.

The gun is snappy and difficult to shoot accurately, but given its size, that's to be expected. It cycles rounds flawlessly.
>>
>>33510888
Well said.
>>
KEL-TEC PF9
>>
>>33510625
Old model is about 200 bucks, fits 2 fingers with the pinky extension that comes with each mag. Don't forget about the 7 round extended mag you could also buy.
Slim and easy to carry. Shoots point of aim but is snappy as to be expected. Trigger is ok. I'm pretty happy with mine.
>>
File: IMG_20170320_162927.jpg (2MB, 3888x3006px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170320_162927.jpg
2MB, 3888x3006px
>>33510625
I have an LCP 2 in my carry rotation. I carry my compact 1911 most days, and my Sig p226 when I can get away with it because why the fuck not.

The whole point of pocket pistols imo is to make sure you can at least carry something when dress/activity/occasion would otherwise prevent you from carrying.

It's not a perfect carry gun, but it fits easily in my pocket and goes bang.
>>
been thinking about getting a 32acp like a Tomcat or something for when I don't feel like IWB my regular carry

thoughts?
>>
>>33513513
There are plenty of small pocket 380's. Not sure why you want to go to an even smaller caliber.
>>
>>33513546
because I want big mags and fast pew pew and because 32acp worked for a decade before people started getting all muh wound vectors
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.