[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying my first handguns soon. because rules and stuff, it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1410451930560.jpg (49KB, 650x513px) Image search: [Google]
1410451930560.jpg
49KB, 650x513px
Buying my first handguns soon.
because rules and stuff, it's for competition only.
(in case of invading aliens or a zombie apocalypse, I am legally obligated to refrain from using any kinds of firearm. seriously. competition only, legally speaking)

Now, I have decided on a CZ-75, and after looking into the various models, I am 99% dead set on a SP-01 SHADOW

HOWEVER
The SHADOW II have now entered the local market, so my question is:

is it really worth the extra +/- 800-1000$ when I kinda doubt I'll become a local/national/world champion any time soon?

the only thing I could really see was that the Recoil Spring Guide was made of plastic/composite in the Shadow 1, and metal in the Shadow 2 version.

is there "a whole lot more" to the V2.0 that makes the extra amount of money worth it?
and is it possible to buy a metal RSG for the Shadow1..?
>>
Get the 01 Shadow

trust me, I am some faggot on 4chan
>>
>>33508828
Hi fellow 4+4 refugee!
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-07-21-10-24-1.png (325KB, 1071x794px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-07-21-10-24-1.png
325KB, 1071x794px
>>33508828
The shadow 1 is a good gun.
Seen some sell for under $800

I'm looking for a shadow 2, but that will make my 4th CZ.
The S2 is like 2K right now so it's not worth it.

The tangfolo stock 3s are $1,500 in stock as well
That's the shaows competition
>>
>>33508828

New to guns here, but cant you tell the local shop to order you the gun you want?
>>
>>33508854
sup

>>33509340
no.
the gunshops have what they have, and only once in a blue moon take in special orders, and then the wait is 6-12 months.
>>
>>33509280
>The S2 is like 2K right now so it's not worth it.

https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-factory/cz-shadow-2-black-polycoat.html
>>
>>33508828
waht country?

anyways I just bought a stock 3.
the options were the tanfos, cz shadow or shadow 2.

The shadow 1 are a really good gun, but the tanfos and shadow to has a slightly better grip and heavier feel to them, the shadow 1 looks like shit imo, but thats just me personally.

the triggers on the shadow 2s are so-so, it really depends on the individual gun, as there is some variety here. my stock 3s trigger is nothing to brag about either, but imma swap that out.

in the end I got the used stock III (couple hundred rounds) for less than a new shadow 1. Mainly because I liked how it sat in the hand better, especially the big safety(thumbrest), shadow 2s have these, and the slightly better grips, better serrations and a little different profile, shadow 2 also have all of these, the tanfo also has a fully adjustable lpa rear sight.

I would reccomend buying a used stock 2/3 now since people are probably selling them to get shadow 2s depending on country, If money isnt a concern, get the shadow 2.
only consider the shadow if you dont use the safety as a thumbrest, and get some grip tape, since the serrations on the shadow 1 are really shitty
>>
File: pulledoffgoogle.jpg (31KB, 450x337px) Image search: [Google]
pulledoffgoogle.jpg
31KB, 450x337px
>>33508828
CC an Obrez
>>
>>33509440
>the gunshops have what they have, and only once in a blue moon take in special orders, and then the wait is 6-12 months.

You live near some pretty fucking trash gunstores m8.
>>
File: Hell of a day.jpg (12KB, 380x214px) Image search: [Google]
Hell of a day.jpg
12KB, 380x214px
>>33510417
No, I live near two of the four good gun stores in the country.

and they are still miles away.
>>
>>33508828
The Coonan is a stupid idea, an answer in search of a question. If you want a 1911 that fires a high velocity 357 caliber bullet, use 38 super or this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.38/.45_Clerke
>>
>>33511327
>Good gunstore
>Can't custom order you something inside of a week

There can be only one.
>>
>>33511354
here we see a wild, prantsing faggot who can not into reading the OP

>>33511361
>COUNTRY
you done goofed.
>>
>>33508828
>is there "a whole lot more" to the V2.0 that makes the extra amount of money worth it?
no
unless you want a specific feature like an extended beavertail or checkering thats only only on that model dont do it
high end stock cz is a joke compared to other guns of that pricerange
youd be better off buying a basic model then dumping that extra money on a qualified gunsmith
>>
>>33509440
Depends on the store, really. My lgs does special orders all the time, and has relatively good turnaround, all things considered.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.