[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With the Trump admin pushing for the blanket CC and OC will that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0142.jpg (875KB, 1844x1844px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0142.jpg
875KB, 1844x1844px
With the Trump admin pushing for the blanket CC and OC will that mean you can CC/OC with a Utah license in traditional liberal states like California, New York, and New Jersey?
>>
>>33496444
Probably not because State's Rights are still a thing.
>>
>>33496452
But if its a Federal law it doesn't really matter what the states say.
>>
The idea is that you will, however you will still be subject to the states laws. So if you're in CA or NJ watch out because if you're carrying a firearm that's legal in your state but their state has a mag limit well whoops you're now a felon.
>>
>>33496452
Make CC and OC available to criminals.
Drug dealears use legal guns -> It is interstate commerce where guns are involved -> Feds can regulate it -> Legalize CC and OC everywhere
t. Scalia
>>
>>33496465
>t. abolitionist
>>
>>33496482
I'm currently down range now and headed back to NJ soon, I've only heard a couple news pieces on it and everywhere i look its pretty vague.
>>
File: vYF65gU.png (85KB, 291x344px) Image search: [Google]
vYF65gU.png
85KB, 291x344px
>>33496444
>2017
>still think trump cares about individual freedoms

Face it. You got scammed anon.
>>
>>33496735
what the fuck are you talking about you autist
>>
>>33496499
Actually yeah.

If states rights really mattered all the dindus would be dead or in chains and the confederacy would be free.

That ship sailed away a long time ago.
>>
>>33496735
>>>/lbgt/
>>>/pol/
>>>reddit
>>
>>33496735
yeah, hillary was much better, betwen the evils, choose the beter
>>
>>33496735
Hillary has been on film talking about going after my rifles. Scammed or not, he'll leave my current shit alone.
>>
>>33497377
>>33497411
you had Obama for 8 years and no one tried to take your guns, it's a lie created by the NRA to scam you out of your money. just accept the fact republicans have duped you all yet again while they line their pockets and pillage the world.
>>
>>33497445
Republican congress prevented you retard
>>
>>33496452
states cannot violate bill of rights. New York and Alabama cant have different free speech laws.
>>
>>33497445
What?
They tried, they just failed because of a republican congress.
>>33497479
If that was true then California New York Connecticut and several others are incapable of having their barbaric firearms laws.
>>
I love the idea, but the states are going to find a way to fight it.

>>33496465
Weed's still illegal on the federal level, yet a handful of states legalized it. Although it's an enforcement nightmare.
>>
>>33496735
>tfw no party actually gives a shit about regular people and individual freedoms
>tfw we have to choose between the party that wants to take away your freedoms and runs on a platform announcing or
>or choose the party that wants to take away your freedoms while pretending to want to preserve them by throwing the 2nd amendment fig leaf out when we get butthurt
>>
>>33497465
>>33497521
Guys ignore him/her/it/squirrel/whatever pronoun. It's obviously either a troll or liberal shill. Engaging in either case will do nothing but feed them.
>>
>>33497521
liberals successfully made gun rights part of the culture war so, in their eyes, it excuses blatantly unconstitutional laws. the gun lobby isn't too interested in fighting for states guns rights either because it puts all their eggs in one basket. though in a post-Heller world with Gorsuch seemingly a lock its very unlikely gun rights are rolled back at the federal level in the next 20 or so years.
>>
>>33496465
federal law says I can buy a gun at 18 with a dl but new jersey says fuck you give $400 and wait 6 years to get denied
new jersey treats getting a shotgun like applying for an nfa stamp
>>
i find sad, usa one day will be not like today, its extremaly rare a nation put guns in han ds of citizens, one day they will overthrow us, take away our freedom, sloly, but still.
>>
>>33497575
Yeah but its still a Federal law and since it is it can go up to the supreme court everytime and win. Thats why Trump is taking away funding to Sanctuary cities, they're breaking federal law.
>>
>>33496452
14th Amendment, but it doesn't matter because the Constitution is toilet paper at this point.
>>33496444
They will never get nationwide CC. Possibly nationwide reciprocal CC, but then cuck states will still restrict their own citizens from getting them.
>>
>>33496801
This is true. Linvoln was an asshole and shouldve left the confederacy alone.

Oh eait, thats why states rights dont matter. Because the vonfeseracy left and we took the pand bavk vrom them.

Daily reminder that a state is just a flag that once meant freedom from an oppressive government, but Lincoln took that away in 1864
>>
>>33496444
no because Trump doesn't actually care about gun rights you dummy
>>
>>33497841
He cares about it to the extent that it helps him politically, just like 99% of Republicans.
They'll throw us a bone every now and then so we stay in their corner, but they won't ever have the balls to take real action to reinstate our gun rights, because they don't want to be bad guys when another shooting happens and Dems can point to them and say "look a the mean repubs who made this happen"
>>
File: Top Cryptologists.jpg (128KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Top Cryptologists.jpg
128KB, 700x700px
>>33497837
>>
>>33497859
>>33497841
Basically this.
The reps have no interest in increasing gun rights. Neither does the Grand Cheeto.
All the people acting like he's got some magic fucking wand he'll wave around and boom, no more NFA, are people who drank /pol/'s koolaid and have no idea what the President actually does, or what Trump actually is or what he wants.
>>
>>33497465

He had a supermajority the first two years of congress and didn't introduce anything gun related.
>>
>>33497726
Fuck, my town only made me pay $50 for the background check (through a private organization) + $2 paperwork fee. The wait is only about a month (and they are honest about the fact that it is just getting around to doing paperwork delay, not anything malicious). Although I have heard of another NJ anons who get theirs in days.

Then there is the NJ NICS. My average for a check in NJ is 2 hours. The longest was 13 hours. My longest NICS in PA was 20 min. Add on top of that NJ charges $15 + 6.875% sales tax too.
>>
>>33497890
this, I mean for fucks sake, they made repeal/replace their main issue of the election and muh first day in office and surprise surprise, it's never going to happen. because they don't want to be left holding the ball when the healthcare system eventually implodes. because they're all moronic cowards
>>
>>33497907
I fully support letting the dems take the blame for a failing health care system. It's one of the reasons I was kind of hoping Trump would lose because I'm personally convinced the country is going down the tubes no matter what.
>>
>>33497907
>they made repeal/replace their main issue of the election and muh first day in office

Technically the second most important issue after the wall, which also isn't going to happen.
>>
>>33496735
I'll take a shady business man who won't touch my guns over a dynasty of lying wenches with a history of enacting import bans and restricting firearm rights
>https://youtu.be/ER43fQSUi5k
>>
>>33497897
Dude, don't bother using facts. Everyone on /k/ knows Obama wanted to take away their guns - it doesn't matter what he really tried or did.
>>
>>33497913
>n-no really guys, doing the legislative equivalent of sitting on your own balls was totally part of Trump's master plan
>>
>>33496444
There's two versions of the bill right now, one you'll be able to carry as a cuckifornian with a non-resident Utah or similar permit, or no permit needed at all if you are from a constitutional carry state like Arizona. That version isn't going to pass which is why they have the second version chugging through in which you must be a resident of your home state where you have the permit, and must have a permit even if Arizona and similar. Second version will probably pass eventually.
>>
>>33498116
It took the king nigger 6 years to enact Obama care. The fact that the media is labeling the failure of AHCA in 60 days window is kind of biased.
>>
>>33498174
Considering they had several years to come up with a better plan and have majority in house and senate plus the presidency - well, massive failure is the only proper description.
>>
>Affordable Care Act passes in Obama's second year
>GOP bitches and moans for 7 years without proposing a credible alternative
>cobble something together last-minute and can't pass it despite have a majority in both houses

bravo republicans
>>
I hope so. Living in maryland sucks. Although at least I can buy a rifle and a shotgun without the bullshit
>>
>>33496452

Constitutional rights>States' rights

'Member the last time that happened?
>>
>>33496735
>>33497445

SAY IT AGAIN SHILL
>>
>>33497883

Just another assmad reb.
>>
>>33497897

Because he was worried about re-election. American Presidents always save the risky stuff for their second term.
>>
>>33499493
>everyone who disagrees with me is CTR!
/pol/ pls go
dumpf doesn't give a shit about gun rights and most of /k/ has realized that he's just another self absorbed democrat who threw gun owners a bone to get elected
>>
File: a1a.png (135KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
a1a.png
135KB, 400x300px
>>33496444

Trips don't lie.
>>
>>33497897
How democrats managed to squander complete control of government like that will ultimately go down in history. There is no doubt that Obama wanted more gun control he just never got to it.
>>
>>33499610

>TFW I'm not from /pol/
>TFW I'm not even white

Nice try, friendo. How did Magaman X abandon us, again?
>>
File: 1489852621797.jpg (129KB, 452x680px) Image search: [Google]
1489852621797.jpg
129KB, 452x680px
>>33500715
>>
>>33496444
>ith the Trump admin pushing for the blanket CC and OC
Where?
>>
>>33496488
It would be hilarious to see the "commerce clause = unlimited power" precedents from the FDR era used to invoke federal preemption against state gun laws.
>>
>>33499669
probably just learned his lesson from the last AWB where the dems got slaughtered over it in the next mid terms
>>
>>33496735
t. Same person going on about "vatniks" in the Gorsuch thread
>>
>>33496465
Nope, why do you think sanctuary cities are a thing

Why do you think legal weed is a thing
>>
>>33497907
Paul Ryan's healthcare bill was complete shit.

Better to let the ACA fall apart on its own and let the Dems take the fall.
>>
>>33502278
just expand Medicaid bro
>>
>>33502239
>Nope, why do you think sanctuary cities are a thing
>Why do you think legal weed is a thing
Because we've had eight years of a liberal president who put up with it. Maybe Trump will put an end to those things and maybe he won't, but that's the real reason why.
>>
File: TltmmNK.jpg (60KB, 400x659px) Image search: [Google]
TltmmNK.jpg
60KB, 400x659px
>>33502300

>Maybe Trump will put an end to those things and maybe he won't

Rare Treezy's already bringing the hammer down on Sanctuary Cities. Won't touch weed though.
>>
>>33502278
>implying the Democrats will end up taking the blame of the electorate if Obamacare falls through while Trump is the sitting president

The memory of the general public never goes beyond one election prior, because they are citizens and not the political class. They are less interested in properly assigning blame than they are in having a government that gets results. If there is a lack of results, you can expect them to apply command responsibility and hold whoever is currently in office accountable for not having done anything until a crisis point occurred, regardless of whatever the actual source of the problem is.

A prime example of this is the housing bust of '08. The principal causes for it were changes made to banking rules and mortgage standards back during the Reagan/Clinton administrations, but the Republicans were the only ones who got massacred by it in the elections of that year. This was simply because the sitting president, W, was a Republican and not because he had any direct connection to the crisis. He honestly didn't. Yes, the general public is moronic.
>>
>>33500715

>TFW I'm not even white

What the fuck are doing here then? Get your ass back to tumblr.
>>
>>33503388

Dubdubs don't lie. /k/ is a /pol/ client-board.
>>
>>33496735
/thread
>>
All jokes aside did that thing with Trump letting mentally ill people get guns pass ?
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.