[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /k/ redpill me on how and why having an assault rifle is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Can /k/ redpill me on how and why having an assault rifle is ok? My fudd friend and I got into it tonight and I need some ammo for the next argument
>>
>>33495370
I don't think anyone here owns an assault rifle. Maybe a couple folks.
>>
Why not? In my experience, resistance to personal ownership always seems to boil down to "I wouldn't trust myself with an assault rifle", which says more about them than anything else.
>>
To whom should have the power to tells you what you can own and not to? God? Government? Your mom?
Just tell them that ppl have different view points.
>>
An assault rifle is a term that is created by the political left. To put fear in to the uneducated public about firearms.

To owned a fully automatic rifle or machine gun you must get a FFL license, then on top of that you need to get a different class. Then to buy a machine gun from the government you need about $20k...

another way if you have gotten a fully automatic before the 1934 National Firearms Act. Then you would have something like the Thomson machine gun, The Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR)... and many others...

Many rifles that is being sold to the public like the AR-15 that you have shared is a semi automatic... meaning with ONE pull of the Trigger and ONE round is fired, not what the media is trying to portrayed.

and you ask why would anyone need a AR-15... there was a resent news coverage where 3 armed burglars broke in to a home. The home owner using a AR-15 fired back and killing all 3.
http://fox59.com/2017/03/29/911-call-released-after-oklahoma-man-fatally-shoots-three-teen-intruders/
>>
>>33495563
>An assault rifle is a term that is created by the political left.
No its not, you're thinking of Assault weapon. Assault rifle is a defined term dating back to the 40s.
>>
>>33495569
>Assault rifle is a defined term dating back to the 40s.
The left existed in the 40s, too.
>>
>>33495588
I seriously doubt the designers of the sturmgewehr named it as such to push an antigun agenda.
>>
Just tell him to stop being a disgusting communist.
>>
>>33495370
>My fudd friend
just curious as to why you think your friend is a fudd, please explain.
>>
>>33498529
Cause he thinks that guns should only be used for hunting, he hit me with the whole "what do you need an assault rifle for?" spiel, and I'm not the meme master but that's what the general consensus around here seems to be
>>
>>33499350
If your American you can just say " Bill of Rights not Bill of Needs" If not just tell him you don't need a car to go faster than 65 mph
>>
>>33499350
>why do you /need/ to have all those varieties of medicine in your house? All you /need/ is Tylenol and bandaids. Only the government should have access to peptobismal. If you really get sick just call the doctor.
>>
>>33499385
>you don't need a car to go faster than 65 mph
why do you think lefties are pushing for self driving cars so hard?
>>
>>33499401
I like self driving car. That it becomes my taxi.
Mean while, i can still have my motorcycle if i want to drive myselves. Tho, the gov will prabably tax me on owning a non-self driving car.
>>
>>33499350
>"what do you need an assault rifle for?"
tell them it was a choice between that or a fuggin'
"coexist" bumper-sticker and thought the rifle would be of more use some day.
>>
>>33495370
Because literally "fuck you, that's why"

You can trust your fellow citizens with votes, but not guns? With the power to tell the government how to fuck you, but no direct power themselves?
>>
File: 1465789967315.jpg (62KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465789967315.jpg
62KB, 600x600px
>>33495370
>>
File: UKSF Face.png (219KB, 300x368px) Image search: [Google]
UKSF Face.png
219KB, 300x368px
>>33495563
Assault rifle is not a left term, that's assault weapon, you put a period instead of a comma, anyone who goes through the BATFE hoops can own an automatic firearm, you have really weird empty lines for some reason, you spelled Thompson wrong, the Thompson is a submachine gun, you capitalized the when the BAR is called the Browning Automatic Rifle, it isn't called The Browning Automatic Rifle, everyone knows what the BAR is you don't need to make yourself feel smart by spelling it all out, you said "many rifles that is being sold" when that "is" should be "are" you don't need to capitalize trigger, "is trying to portrayed" should be "is trying to portray", and you spelled recent wrong. If we ignore everything before "there was a resent news coverage" and your grammar then your argument isn't bad but God damn, you're fucking retarded
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.