[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tactically speaking, how could have the residents of Waco defeated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: waco-siege.jpg (302KB, 990x343px) Image search: [Google]
waco-siege.jpg
302KB, 990x343px
Tactically speaking, how could have the residents of Waco defeated the siege?

Also factor in aerial bombardment (which police did a couple years earlier in Philidelphia against a whole neighbourhood).

If the only way is a propaganda war, smuggling out tapes about how they don't want to be killed, asking for help against the state/feds, etc. -THEN- what can they do tactically to live out a siege or bombardment for the longest period of time?
>>
>>33490890
>Also factor in aerial bombardment (which police did a couple years earlier in Philidelphia against a whole neighbourhood).
?????
>>
>tactically
Nothing. They were at every disadvantage tactically.

>strategically
Very little. If they had the power of seeing into the future and knowing they would be burned alive, they could have possibly got a routine and local police presence on their property to stave off the letter agencies being so heavy handed. I know they were on good terms with the local sheriff but it wasn't enough.
>>
>>33490890
Light their compound on fire in a way that it makes it look like the ATF did it.
>>
>>33490924
This led to an armed standoff with police,[17] who lobbed tear gas canisters at the building. The police said that MOVE members fired at them; a gunfight with semi-automatic and automatic firearms ensued.[18] Commissioner Sambor ordered that the compound be bombed.[18] From a Pennsylvania State Police helicopter, Philadelphia Police Department Lt. Frank Powell proceeded to drop two one-pound bombs (which the police referred to as "entry devices"[16]) made of FBI-supplied water gel explosive, a dynamite substitute, targeting a fortified, bunker-like cubicle on the roof of the house.[19]
The resulting explosions ignited a fire from fuel for a gasoline-powered generator in the rooftop bunker; it spread and eventually destroyed approximately 65 nearby houses. The firefighters, who had earlier deluge-hosed the MOVE members in a failed attempt to evict them from the building, stood by as the fire caused by the bomb engulfed the first house and spread to others, having been given orders to let the fire burn. Despite the earlier drenching of the building by firefighters, officials said they feared that MOVE would shoot at the firefighters.[6][18][19][20] Eleven people (John Africa, five other adults, and five children aged 7 to 13) died in the resulting fire, and more than 250 people in the neighborhood were left homeless.[21] Ramona Africa, one of the two survivors, said that police fired at those trying to escape.[22]
>>
>>33490890

There's really nothing they can do. When the enemy (the government) has you cornered and outnumbered in their respective land, you're fucked.

It's only a matter of time.

They could only have taken more lives to hell with them. Shit like this always reminds me why I dislike the government.

>inb4 a bunch of statist boot lickers come in and masturbate about dozens of burned children.

Truth of the matter is. If you want to beat the Government and have a group, it can't have a stronghold. You must be like the Jew. A virus. A parasite. A secret cell hell bent on overthrowing the government through key points.
>>
>>33490940
>Ramona Africa, one of the two survivors, said that police fired at those trying to escape

A reliable witness I'm sure.
>>
>>33490948

This didn't happen in today's era. Cops just dropped bombs from helicopters on houses. I'm perfectly inclined to believe they shot at those people.

And I hate niggers. I just despise big brother even more.
>>
>>33490924
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOVE
>>
>>33490890
There are four ways to break a siege:
>Wait for them to starve out
>Get outside assistance
>Force
>Surrender

They did not have endless amounts off food and water so they in no way could have starved the ATF out.
Since the government had a monopoly on media and communication, the chances of getting outside help would have been practically non-existent.
They didn't have the strength of force to take on a federal agency.
The only option left was to try and surrender and hope for mercy.
>>
>>33490890
Nobody gives a fuck about those crazy whackjobs. Anyone who does is a fucking nutbag themself.

I'm glad they are dead and not bothering us. They were dangerous.
>>
Escape tunnel. But thats not really "defeating" the siege I suppose.
>>
When the ATF and FBI both field every shooter in their organizations in a perimeter around your domicile, you can either give up or fight to the death. There are no other options. Note that you still might get shot to death if you give up.
>>
Escape tunnels into near by houses.
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 259x194px)
download.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
Donetsk is just one big city.

How'd they do it?

Got rid of enemies jets and helicopters with rocket launchers.

Shopping list: rocket launchers.

Got rid of enemy camps and artillery with own artillery.

Shopping list: artillery.

And then your standard issue of various rifles.

So you cover the air, create a sizable buffer, and have to fend off ground troops with your own.

Plus propaganda to either get outside pressure to stop the conflict -or- attract fighters to your side.
>>
File: cAnEsd.gif (1MB, 320x180px)
cAnEsd.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>33490941
>mfw dead children
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.