[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >turned 18 last November >live in the glorious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

File: 1487334006646.jpg (37KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
1487334006646.jpg
37KB, 500x496px
>be me
>turned 18 last November
>live in the glorious state of Indiana, where CCW and handgun license is at 18
>reciprocity with a fuckton of states
>going to in-state engineering college

I'm a 6'2, 245 lb male. What would be a good first time CCW? I've shot plenty before, and make a somewhat decent amount as a wage-slave. Trying to keep it around >300$.

>tfw I have an autistic love for the Jericho 941 and would love to conceal it if the price wasn't as high.
>>
Deagle
>>
>>33490062
Get a Mak, you know you want the dick grips.
>>
File: There are times I have to ….jpg (46KB, 470x641px) Image search: [Google]
There are times I have to ….jpg
46KB, 470x641px
>>33490062
>be me
who else would you be you stupid fucking newfaggot?
>>
>>33490062
Yo fellow Hoosierfag, what college you going to?
>>
>>33490136
>not understanding basic green text format
It's like you came straight from redit
>>
>>33490993
Perdue, man.
>>
>>33490136
As long as I'm not you, I'd say I'm pretty happy.
>>
>>33491334
Sycamore Junior here, have fun your freshman year, don't let the lefties get to ya.
>>
OP here guys, I'm a poorfag, so if I want to go nignog cheap I could get a Jiminez or a Hi-Point, but I don't think that beast was made for CC, so I'm considering getting a Ruger LCP, either that, or a Diamondback in either 9mm or .380. The DB9/380 is cheaper, but I've shot the ruger before, and it fits me a little bit nicer. The main issue is that my fingers are abnormally long as fuck. Great for art and shitty drawfag requests, bad for sub-400$ handguns. Anyone here know of a good gun for long fingers? I can conceal anything up to, like, a compact I guess? I'm mostly just browsing Buds and my local shitty overpriced Triggers gun shop. There's a LGS up the road in another town called D&G, but the owner is a grade-A douchenozzle. There's a place across the border in Ohio that seems nice. but I'm not sure if they'd accept my Indiana CCW card when I get it, since there isn't reciprocity for Indiana owners. Anyone know the law well enough to tell me?

>>33491397
Thanks man. I won't. I heard Indiana might get uncucked for on-school CCW. What scares me is all those "Bash the Fash" fags ganging up on me. I'm not doing anything retarded like a MAGA hat or 2A shirt, but still.
>>
>>33491467
If you want a decent gun, in the next couple weeks Top Guns here in TH will be opening their range and expanding their selling floor, they have decent prices and a large selection for ya.

I hope Indiana allows for campus carry, but then you'll have the individual university banning them and not allowing carry.
>>
>>33491334

>Lafayette

wew
>>
>>33490062
>CCW and handgun license
There no handgun license. Only a license to carry a handgun.
>>
>>33491521
Oh shit. Should I be worried about Lafayette? Is it Gary-tier?
>>
Does anyone have the Indiana version of the guy holding an AR-15 and the list of good hoosier shit?
>>
We Indiana General now
>>
I don't appreciate images making a mockery of 5.7 FN, or /k/'s general disdain of propriety rounds in general.
>>
>>33492003
What's a good place to shoot around the South Bend/Elkhart area?
>>
>>33490136

It's you, who seems to be the newfag anon.
>>
>>33492062
Isn't there an outdoor range near Elkhart where you can rent full-autos? I think the place is call Midwest Gun and Range

You could try to see if they have an open range
>>
>>33491334
Ball State here, you guys have a nice campus.
>>
>>33492037
Wipe your tears with 100$ bills, you richfag. It's a shitty meme round for trust fund gays who want to talk shit about "muh body armor penetration" because lord knows that's the only penetration they're ever going to fucking get. Proprietary rounds are for entitled faggots who want to pour money into a tiny round that you think is more effective because you poured more money into it, so you can look cooler at the range. Get the fuck off of this thread, niglet.
>>
>>33492085
That's an indoor 20 yard range.
>>
>>33490062
Obrez Nagant.
>>
>>33491334
There was a murder suicide there a couple years ago. In the middle of class. Not sure where campus carry went after that.
>>
>>33492133
Indiana doesn't prohibit you from carrying on university property.
>>
>>33490062
.45 Hi-Point.
>>
>>33492133
Probably down the shitter, I wish people would realize that mental health>restricted access, and college is a high-stress time, but fuck, I haven't talked to anyone who went there recently, so IDK about current policy, except that it's restricted currently, and may be being worked on. My original plan was A&M for mechanical engineering, and then trade school for gunsmithing. Parent's thought I was crazy for having campus carry as one of my priorites, they aren't anti-gun, they arent very pro-gun either.
>>
>>33490062
>IN
>in-state engineering college
what a coincidence, I'm finishing up my second year in IN at an in-state engineering college

I can't imagine which one it is
>>
>>33492202
>my reading comprehension
Ya na I'm actually at purdue rn
>>
>>33492113
Why are poorfags so salty, it is the chemicals in the greasy food the eat, does it come from the powders of the poorfag rounds they use, or is it from their constant stream of tears since they have to settle for a 5/10 with children I refuse to support and that I have one mag loaded with 1000$ worth of superior ballistics?
>>
Anon, just save an extra $400 for a decent gun. I am not even a glock fan, but I do reccomend due to low price, versatility, and realibility. If you dont like striker well save enough for something nice. Don't rush on gun.
>>
>>33491467
Yeah, Hi Point is not ccw material. Even if you hide it well, you'll never be comfortable wearing that fucker all day.

Stay the fuck away from Jimenez, you're more likely to accidentally kill yourself with that thing than effectively defend your life.

Diamondback is a step up, but I've heard conflicting reports about reliability and qc. I think Nutnfancy tested both? And the 380 went okay, but the 9 was bad?

Ruger is your best bet out of all of those.

Are you sure you couldn't skip some expenses for a few weeks? As in make lunch instead of buying it? Make coffee and put it in a mug? Do you do little things like that? If not, try to scrimp and put a little aside; if you can open up your budget to 400 or 450, you get way more, way better options.

If you can't, look for quality used stuff, for example, maybe something from the old S&W 59 series guns, like this.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/632580229

S&W 469. Sub 300$, compact, but pretty concealable, slender. Long trigger reach/pull for long fingers.
>>
>>33492128
Oh damn really, I've never been, I only know about it cause a cousin went there and told me about it.
>>
>>33490062

I'm >>33492202,

I strongly suggest you read Purdue's terms of contract if you plan on living innadorm. If you fuck up, you'll be living on the street
>>
>>33492202
Winter birthday, so not leaving until next season.
>>
>>33492113

5.7mm isn't really that expensive anymore. If you look around, and you don't even have to look that hard, it's not far off from .45 auto.
>>
>>33492273
Thanks, man. It's not that I can't skimp on expensis, it's that I already pretty much have to in order to make tuition, since my mom is a teacuer at public school, my dad is retired. and I have a shitty college savings fund. since I had to buy a car. Thanks for the help though, really appreciate it!
>>
>>33492325
>expensis
>teacuer
I can tell your mother was a public teacher.
>>
>>33492301
I'm a fucking goody-goody kid. If I get a scholarship I'm lucky as fuck, no drinking, no weed. I'm not risking that shit. Still, didn't know they were strict, thanls for the heads up.
>>
>>33492341
I'll admit, I'm phoneposting with big fingers on a shitty cracked LG screen.
>>
>>33491028
>>33492065
the cancer really has taken over
>>
>>33492347
The people in charge are strict. It's a """dry""" campus. But people have been drunk innadorms all the time, and I can't say that I haven't violated a few of the weapons (knives) and open flame (blowtorches, induction heaters, alcohol lamps, etc).

But it just depends on your roomie. And the whole CC thing could screw you over too.

Specifically, this: http://www.purdue.edu/ehps/police/policies.html
>>
>>33492406

>...weapons reasonably calculated to cause bodily injury is prohibited in University Facilities

>cause bodily injury

guess I have nothing to worry about if I carry a 9mm.

But seriously. If I live off campus. they can't throw an autistic screechfit if it's kept in my apartment or if my car is parked off-campus?
>>
>>33490062
Guy from a neighbor state here, get a Makarov.

Fits nicely into a pocket, although I haven't tried it with jeans yet.
>>
>>33492454
nah, Purdue's authority only extends as far as the campus.

Now, I don't know if getting caught on campus with a """weapon""" will constitute criminal charges, but they very well could expel you

That being said, I'd carry in the evenings if I had the option (exclusively riflefag so far). I wouldn't carry in class though.

Purdue's a safe place desu. IMO after class carry is a good compromise between getting fucked by the man and getting fucked by the criminal underground/fratbois
>>
>>33492185
It's not 'down the shitter'. It's perfectly legal to carry on campus. It may be against their rules, but it's not a legal thing.

Why don't the people in this state know their own laws?
>>
>>33492480

That's not a bad idea actually.

You could even go with the Polish P64, for a little cheaper. It's not the most refined, or pleasant gun to shoot, but it works.

Good self defense loads are a little harder to come by in most shops though. Online no probs.
>>
>>33492585
P-64 is a good choice too. The slightly smaller size compared to the Makarov might also make it a bit less obvious in a pocket.
>>
>>33492480
Held a mak before, don't like how it fits, and how the 9x18 shoots. I'm not opposed to it, but I don't want to buy a gun where I have to always tell myself 'You'll get used to it."
>>
File: image.png (933KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
933KB, 750x1334px
>>33491334
You spelled Purdue wrong you fuck. Remember, over 50% fail out of engineering. Good luck fag.
>>
>>33492783
Please see
>>33492365

But yeah, I know about the statistics, I'm going to assume your message was one of positive encouragement.
>>
Have you looked into the S&W SD guns?

The SD9VE is just about 300 bucks. Not as good as the M&P series, but as far as brand new budget guns go, it's a top contender.

It's a full size, but you're also 6'2 at 245lbs. You might be able to pull it off.

I'd still look into the old 59 and it's descendants though.
>>
>>33492941
Thanks for making me feel better about being freakishly tall and slightly fatass. Will look into.
>>
>>33490062
>6'2, 245 lb
Lard ass.
>>
>>33492388
It's always been that format, you fucking weeb since goddamn forever.
>>
File: L I H L D A W G I E S.png (690KB, 822x651px) Image search: [Google]
L I H L D A W G I E S.png
690KB, 822x651px
>>33492222
>>
>>33490062
I would say get a m&p shield and use the $75 rebate that's just started, but you can't buy handguns until 21 from an FFL. Tried to find something I wanted on armslist for years, ended up waiting until 21 though. Taurus millennium pt111 has surprisingly good reviews and is a good size for CC.
>>
If it's your first pistol. Try to have a more multipurpose pistol, compact size would. E nice. You can train the way there and you can conceal carry it. Smith & Wesson MMP it's a pretty good S $300 price range
>>
>>33495423
>M&P
>$300

Used/LEO trade in maybe.
>>
>>33490062
>big guy for you
>engineer
>implying there's any option other than a 1911
>>
>>33495401
Sorry, just woke up.

So if I can't buy a pistol from an FFL until I turn 21, what other options are there? Gun Shows? Armslist? I don't know much, any help would be appreciated.
>>
File: 1407791567473.jpg (84KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1407791567473.jpg
84KB, 720x480px
>>33490062

>6'2 manlet

No wonder he needs a gun
>>
>>33496977
Sorry, I'm not Michael Jordan.
>>
>>33496895
private transactions
>>
Just get a Canik.
>>
>>33496895
Private transactions or being gifted a firearm. If you exchange funds gifting becomes a straw purchase, which is a felony. Armslist is your best bet, it's like craigslist for guns, selection is limited of course though. Despite it being 100% legal some people won't sell handguns privately to people under 21, so you should mention this before you meet to not waste anyone's time. Gun shows don't really work that well because 99.5% of sellers are FFLs, so it's just like going to a gun shop.

tl:dr
Ask mummy and daddy to get you a gun for your birthday or buy one from a stranger In the McDonald's parking lot.
>>
>>33490136

>calls ppl newfag
>Doesn't understand how greentext works.

You sound like the newfag.
>>
>>33491334
nice, i'm a half hour away
>>
File: image.png (11KB, 249x203px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
11KB, 249x203px
>>33494065
This
>>
>>33490062
>6'2, 245 lb male
As a 6'3, 225 lb male, I gotta ask you what the fuck are you doing with your life? I mean I'm pretty chubby, but damn, anon.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.