[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whatever happened to the ACR? It feels like it fell off everyones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 450px-Rem_ACR.jpg (18KB, 450x139px) Image search: [Google]
450px-Rem_ACR.jpg
18KB, 450x139px
Whatever happened to the ACR?

It feels like it fell off everyones collective memory of "future assault rifles" in bideo games.

It had a debut in Modern Warfare 2 and was present in all the games that came after it.

But now it fell out of prominence while the usual M4, SCAR, AK type rifles stay relevant.

What happened, was it really just a meme gun?
>>
>>33486964
Are you talking about video games? Because this is the wrong board.

In real life the Masada was a cool gun that ended up being fucked by Bushmaster. It was released later than it was supposed to, for more than it was supposed to, and was missing several promised features.
>>
>>33486964
>Remington fucked up
I really wanted to like this gun, but in typical Rem-shit fashion they tripped over their own dicks and never released the promised conversion kits.
>>
>What happened, was it really just a meme gun?
In the end, yeah. It could have really been something, but shat the bed in all quarters.
-It cost more than a contemporary AR, in spite of one of its key selling points being very cheap manufacture process.
-Had major initial QC issues, which is the fault of shrubmaster and Cerberus rather than an issue with the design itself, but shit sticks and people dont forget
-No caliber options, which was the major appeal in a time before AR upper swaps were vogue. I remember the adverts, being able to pick up any ammo in the field and use it in the ACR, never eventuated to this day. Some third parties have taken a stab with mixed results, but its too little too late.
-Late. Years late.
As for why its not in video games, I thought it was in all the last few Ghost recon games as well as Battlefield 4?
>>
>>33486964
It was the ultimate meme gun.
>>
Theyre popular in Canada.

Apparently their decent guns.
No really flaws.
Probably will be no support in the future though.

Id buy one just to keep as a safe queen if I had a spare $3000 maplebucks.
>>
L4D by bushmaster. BM literally just announced they have replacement barrels and other parts for the acr... In 2017 ffs. I have one, its ok but there are glaring flaws. Updated but simar rifles are better like the bren 805 or scar16
>>
>>33486964
Bushmaster, but especially Remington fuckery.

I would sooner have let fucking Tapco handle the goddamn thing, then you could at least count on them being cheap.
>>
>>33487033

>no flaws
>1:9 twist barrel
>pick one
>>
File: acr-c_folded.jpg (79KB, 425x241px) Image search: [Google]
acr-c_folded.jpg
79KB, 425x241px
>>33486964
I think near-final military version with the magnesium lower and lack of a quick change barrel could have been perfect. 8lb loaded modernized AR180 with great controls, ergonomics, and modularity. Pic related.
>>
>>33487482
Literally isn't significant for 9 out of 10 people.
>>
File: 5345234534.jpg (94KB, 800x492px) Image search: [Google]
5345234534.jpg
94KB, 800x492px
>>33487490
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.