[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /k/ I'm in the market to purchase a smaller/mid sized

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: asp.jpg (287KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
asp.jpg
287KB, 960x640px
Hi /k/
I'm in the market to purchase a smaller/mid sized backpack for minor outdoor expeditions. Doesn't need to carry a bunch, but I'd prefer for it to be able to hold a water bladder, maybe something with molle. I've heard redrock tossed around a few times, also wondering if anyone has personal experience with their packs. I'm posting here because it seems like /out/ is for more dedicated hiking packs, if there is already a guide on this I can delete this thread.
Thanks in advance
>>
File: the_pack_spec_ops.jpg (197KB, 650x949px) Image search: [Google]
the_pack_spec_ops.jpg
197KB, 650x949px
>>33485537
I have pic related in black. It is indestructible. Smaller than a ruck sack, with compression straps to keep your load where you want but also MOLLE to extend your capacity. Has a removable internal plastic 'plate' to provide a little rigidity and keep things from shifting on your back. Could throw a camelbak bladder in there.

Best thing about it really is it is so solidly built. The carry handle on mine is sturdier than the drag handle on old IBA armor.
>>
File: Snapchat-1632018884.jpg (449KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1632018884.jpg
449KB, 1080x1920px
I just got pic related in the mail from Varusteleka yesterday.

Särmä Assault Pack, was $31.99

Its a pretty quality backpack and has room for a bladder, and had molle as you can see. Has thick compression type strapd as well as chest and belly straps. Good for lugging around all my books on campus and ill use it for going /out/ soon enough.
>>
>>33485537
If you want top quality look at the brands Goruck,Kifaru, Grey Ghost Gear, SKD Tactical, Alpha One Niner, and Tactical Tailor. Maybe Milspec Monkey too. All have top tier bags that should fit your needs. Personally I have a Goruck GR1 and its amazing but they make smaller ones like their bullet that might fit your needs.
>>
I've been using the same outdoor products bag for a decade and I bought it at walmart. Things gone from highschool, to homelessness, to carrying tools on a motorcycle every day, to backpacking trips and mountain summits. I had to sew the strap once. Doesn't have any molle, doesn't scream tacti-fag. Bought two more OP bags since then. Small one for day hikes and biking and one for kayaking

The ability to hold a bladder is barely worth noting when most bags have a padded (thus insulated) laptop compartment built in anyway
>>
>>33485537
I have that exact red Rock pack.
It's alright, I don't have any real complaints about it other than the layout not being my favorite.
Used it at 2 milsims so far and it's holding up fine.
Also the compression straps on the sides do a pretty good job of holding a sleeping map and tent if you want them tom
>>
Seeing kids walk around with molle backpacks is so cringe inducing.
Especially when you can tell they're the kind of faggot who watches anime and never spend time /out/
>>
File: dsasdasdasdasdasd.jpg (131KB, 689x523px) Image search: [Google]
dsasdasdasdasdasd.jpg
131KB, 689x523px
>>33486438
I as well got a Sarma Assault Pack from Varusteleka yesterday.

Unfortunately the USPS had their way with mine... the pack is great quality, once I dried it out.
>>
>>33485537
5.11 12 pack it's best backpack I've ever owned
>>
>>33486831
Holy shit man it looks like they ran it over.

I missed mine and ended up having to go pick it up. It took them like 20 minutes to find the package and everyone was staring at me when she held up the bag that said "be a man among men" on the front. :^)
>>
>>33486872
Seconded, 5.11 rush 12 is a great pack though I don't have much to compare it to aside from jansports and chink shit..
>>
>muh MOLLE
Osprey masterrace
>>
>>33486830
Eh, it's durable and spacious, very utilitarian.
I think it's fine.
>>
I've used a 3V for about 4 years daily and it's barely starting to show wear. it has a bladder pouch and all the compartments you'll ever need.
>>
>>33485537

Keep one thing in mind- a good yoke and back/frame sheet is SIGNIFICANTLY more important than MOLLE or internal organization. There's no workaround for shitty straps that don't distribute weight well. If you're willing to spend money for a quality product, look into Mystery Ranch (their mountaineering and hunting lines in particular are a bit more budget-friendly). If you're too much of a poorfag, get a cheap, well-revied Osprey or REI pack from goodwill or a garage sale. If you need your tacticool aesthetic but don't want to pay MR prices, skip out on 5.11 and go for a Direct Action bag, or just spend the extra $30 to get something from the Ranch you cheap bastard.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.