[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does this short recoil pistol mechanism look /k/? Some of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 13

File: problimsolva.png (42KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
problimsolva.png
42KB, 800x600px
How does this short recoil pistol mechanism look /k/? Some of you may remember my thread from two days ago when I tried to make a Glock killer that didn't need a tilting barrel or locking block. Well I'm back with an improved design and ready to read every reason it's shitty and dumb.
>>
send it to KelTec
>>
You mean the tilting slide thing? Been dun befo, and much more elegantly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svdj_MPDH3g
>>
>>33483725
If it isn't clear, the slide moves up to unlock from the barrel, and then goes the rest of the way on a different rail. If it worked it could be a simpler, cheaper pistol to make than a Glock, with more accuracy because the barrel doesn't move vertically.

>>33483759
I'm aware of this, and it is too complex and expensive to be viable (hence why it's never been copied). The whole point of my idea is simplicity.
>>
>>33483725
And of course keep in mind that this is a shit MS Paint sketch and shows nothing more than the very basic function of the pistol, not what it would look like in any detail.
>>
File: F40907092.jpg (12KB, 482x284px) Image search: [Google]
F40907092.jpg
12KB, 482x284px
Will bump with cool looking guns as necessary
>>
animate or gtfo
>>
seems like it could work, make detailed animation and maybe a prototype if you have access to the tools
>>
>>33483725
so the slide goes up instead of down now? thats a step backwards, my friend
>>
File: mat49_01.jpg (9KB, 650x291px) Image search: [Google]
mat49_01.jpg
9KB, 650x291px
>>33483921
>>33483948
I don't know how I would animate it. If you still can't understand how it works I can't help you.

>>33484162
You mean compared to my last threads drawing? It could be made to move downwards, but I think that'd be really awkward, because you'd risk getting your hands slammed by a slide if you got high up on it.
>>
File: Walther P5.jpg (397KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
Walther P5.jpg
397KB, 1600x1064px
>>33484494
I should add though that I am getting a 3D printer for prototyping ASAP. Not necessarily for this pistol mind you.
>>
File: wallhaven-125231.jpg (549KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-125231.jpg
549KB, 1920x1200px
>>
>>33484494
Draw multiple pictures in paint and line them up cause I'm confused as shit but also intrigued
>>
File: oyaUeLb.jpg (688KB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
oyaUeLb.jpg
688KB, 3008x2000px
>>33484771
The drawing is of a short recoil pistol that has the slide move up and over the locking block, instead of on a Glock where the locking block tilts out of the way of the slide. To do this in the simplest way I can think of, two rows of slide rails are used. The 2 small rail sections are for when the barrel and slide are locked together, and at the end of these rails there is a ramp piece that moves the slide up, and the main rail then rides where the mini rails just were for the rest of the pistols cycle, until the slide comes back, is pushed down into the mini rails, and the pistol is ready to fire again.
>>
>>33485015
Now that I think about it I forgot to add something that'd push the slide back down, but just imagine another ramp slapped in there somewhere.
>>
>>33485056
and this is all done by those little pegs riding in rails that we said wasnt the best of any option?
>>
>>33485127
There are no pegs anywhere. There are strong ramps and rails.
>>
>>33485137
what is holding the slide to the frame?
>>
>>33485157
Rails.
>>
>>33483725
Seems like mechanical accuracy would. Be excellent and the recoil impulse would fuck shit up.
The entire gun jumping vertically (even if it isn't much) would fuck secondary shots and general aim in the ass and chuck it in a gutter.

And on top of that it's no easier to make than a regular browning lock pistol (or heaven forbid a straight blowback one)

Prototype it, figure out its quirks, come back to us/find a company to schmooze and then try and work out an agreement.
>>
>>33485209
If the recoil impulse were that bad, which I doubt it would be, it could be made so that the slide moves down and not up.
>>
>>33483725
While I don't see how you could make a setup where the amount of material holding the slide to the rails is substantial, while being free to 'ramp' up onto a second set of rails.

What I do suggest is using a pivot at the front of the slide, and have only the back of the slide lift up on a cammed track, that way you can have a stronger way of locking the slide to the frame, as well as the barrel/recoiling assembly.
>>
>>33483725
Have you looked up the principles of the Luger 08 or of rolling blocks yet?
>>
Where the slide hits to start moving into in a direction different than where it is already moving will be a huge wear point. Current systems move back and tilt out of the way because it's an easy way to do the action without excess wear and stress.

Your also trying to fix a problem that doesn't really exist. Modern pistols are plenty accurate for what they do. You don't have to buy a bullseye at 200 yards or anything with a pistol. They are just supposed to be reliable and easy to use and care for.
>>
>>33483725
It's a neat idea, but you should really make a prototype. Out of wood if nothing else.
>>
>>33485246
how are the rails 'ramping' to the retracted (up) position? plz dont say they slam of of those nubs in your OP.
how are these rails holding the slide to the frame?
can you draw something similar to pic related to show whats in your head?
>>
File: image_zps9d19130b.jpg (111KB, 800x551px) Image search: [Google]
image_zps9d19130b.jpg
111KB, 800x551px
>>33485556
>pic related
>>
File: 9fe173ded544c04f86c9286dc2261fae.jpg (565KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
9fe173ded544c04f86c9286dc2261fae.jpg
565KB, 1280x1024px
>>33483725
>>33485562
There's no way in hell that the main rail on the slide is going to jump out of the frame's rail and onto a different 'track', going by OP's pic.

What I want to see is more gas operated handgun designs.

Why are they not more common?
>>
>>33485581
thats what I've been trying to tell him, but at the same time hoping that he's got some stupidly obvious solution that we're all missing

>What I want to see is more gas operated handgun designs.
so do I, Walther's CCP seemed pretty cool, but apparently they're not too great and disassembly is stupid. Steyr sucks at marketing and wouldnt be able to get a GB remake off the ground if they ever tried to I don't have an opinion on the deagle, and the HK p7 is just outdated
I was toying around with the idea of a roller locked, gas delayed 5.7 system, but lack the CAD skills to go further than my rough notes
>>
>>33485701
I think a gas operated slide with a tilting block locking system would be pretty easy to make: have the block lock down onto reinforced indents in the frame, the slide has a cam track that lifts it up to unlock the action.

Could be used with reasonably powerful cartridges and would be a lot cheaper to manufacture than the Deagle's rotating bolt locking mechanism.
>>
The thing is that with this design it would still be short recoil, the barrel still wouldn't be fixed, sure it isn't pivoting but it is sliding.

This design would probably cost as much as other fixed barrel designs but it would be less accurate because the barrel isn't actually fixed.
>>
File: render.jpg (390KB, 1600x810px) Image search: [Google]
render.jpg
390KB, 1600x810px
>>33485399
Yes.

>>33485474
The problem it's trying to fix is complexity.

>>33485556
They slam into the nubs and are forced up. What the "nubs" would actually look like I don't know.

>>33485581
>there's no way in hell the rail could jump out of the frames rail
Do you have a reason why this is impossible?
>gas operated handguns
Expensive, bulky, and dirty.
>>
>>33486911
>Do you have a reason why this is impossible?
Going by the OP's drawing, it'd require the slide and barrel to move back quite a long distance before the rail is clear; unless he plans to use smaller rail sections.

It can work if it's engineered correctly, but I'm suspicious of the wear points and the overall practicality of the design - the barrel still has to move, there's an increased number of wear points compared to a more conventional design, meaning the frame would need to incorporate hardened steel in its design.
>>
>>33486947
The rails would of course be as short as possible. I appreciate the details of why you don't think it'd be practical.
>>
>>33483725
What holds the barrel in place?
>>
>>33487253
The frame, it's connection isn't drawn.
>>
>>33485581
Cartridges that are practical for pistols don't produce enough gas to operate the action reliably. Cartridges that do produce enough gas to operate the action are too powerful to be used in pistols practically.
>>
>>33487726
Blowback pistols are "gas operated". :^)
>>
File: Double Recoil Action.webm (144KB, 1043x758px) Image search: [Google]
Double Recoil Action.webm
144KB, 1043x758px
>not designing a gun that's both blowback ánd blowforward

shiggy
>>
File: Roller Delayed.webm (147KB, 1099x662px) Image search: [Google]
Roller Delayed.webm
147KB, 1099x662px
>not making your Glock-killer rolley relayed

Double shiggy
>>
>>33488506
Sexy.
>>
>>33483725
Stop being so obsessed with the fucking tilt. The tlt is just a convenient mechanism to stop the barrel to separate the breech from the barrel. There is really no point in this whole tilting business.
>>
>>33488734
Boring.
>>
>>33488734
I mean, personally I hate the tilt, and I especially hate the breechlocked tilt, I just want to see something different like the lever delayed beretta straight blowback* or a modern Cz52
>>
>>33483725
generally barrel and slide will need to move together btw.
>>
>>33489224
the secondary point to this entire thread and the one before it was to avoid or minimize that
>>
>>33489258
for the 1/4" or so the barrel and slide move rearward together in a Glock they stay locked together, just before barrel starts to tilt and it unlocks.

stays locked longer than your imaginary operating methods.
>>
>>33489290
Youre not replying to OP
>>
>>33489224
They do.

>>33488734
Nothing is tilting in the pic. Tilting barrels are a shitty inaccurate meme that I think can be bested.
>>
File: SLIDEY RAMPY TOGGLE THING.png (31KB, 2322x560px) Image search: [Google]
SLIDEY RAMPY TOGGLE THING.png
31KB, 2322x560px
>>33490157
dude i got it
>>
>>33492026
What is that?
>>
>>33492026
I forgot to draw the barrel somewhere, but there's the rail mechanism to shift the ass end of the slide up a a little bit
>>
>>33488506
>>33488530
What program are you using to make these?

Also I don't see how the first one is able to load rounds from the magazine.
>>
>>33492590
They clearly aren't meant to be fully functional models, if you wanted the first one to work you could probably just make the rear slide thing go back further.
>>
>>33493049
That wouldn't solve the problem of the barrel sliding back over the top of the magazine...

Although I did just have a stupid idea where the barrel blows forward to unlock, the slide strips a round backwards from the magazine, swivels it up, and slots it into the barrel once it's come back.
>>
>>33483798
anything that's not browning tilting barrel is too complex and expensive
why do you think everyone copies the same design
>>
>>33493491
>the current standard can never be improved on don't bother
If only you could've been there to tell JMB or Samuel Colt that.
>>
>>33485209
Just realized earlier today; you're proposing remaking the Merrill White autoloading handgun.
Link.
http://www.forgottenweapons.com/us-test-trials-white-merrill-45-caliber-pistol-at-james-d-julia/
>>
>>33494211
Congratulations, you can't read a thread.
>>
>>33494289
I was here from the start and came back.
It would have been earlier but I had to leave for work.

And it works almost exactly as the guy said.
It's short recoil and the slide goes up/down to lock.
The only difference is that the slide ois pulled into being locked by the trigger on the MW and OP simply wants it to be an action of the slide/frame rails.
>>
>>33494299
>>33483759
People keep posting it, OP says it's not what he's talking about, but can only into MS Paint so only he knows.
>>
>>33494363
To be honest I don't entirely understand how that pistol works. A tilting slide is going to be more complex than my design, hence why I didn't worry about it too much.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.