[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this is a stupid question, but why isn't it viable

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 33

File: DSCF4214.jpg (117KB, 955x1024px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4214.jpg
117KB, 955x1024px
I know this is a stupid question, but why isn't it viable to create some kind of bullet armor that can resist to high caliber bullets, like the ones you see in some sci-fi movies?
>>
>>33479209
Weight, mobility, blunt force trauma.
>>
>>33479209
Momentum
>>
>>33479209
It'll be more viable when exosuits become common. Until then, shit's too heavy.
>>
>>33479249

What about using light but resistent metals with some kind of special sponge on the inside that absorbs most of the blunt force impact?

I don't know, but it seems like its viable somehow, those cientists can create much more impressive stuff, why not this?

I know it would be extremely expensive, only for elite squads and the like...
>>
>>33479209

Already exists, check it out, literally impervious to small arms, has onboard powersource allowing superhuman movement speed and the carrying of ludicrously heavy armaments.
>>
>>33479301

Good luck trying to dismantle a rebel organization in the sewers with a tank, or any confined space, for that matter...
>>
>>33479287
Yeah I don't see why people don't use stuff that doesn't exist either.
>>
>>33479318

I'm just asking why it doesn't exist yet.
Do you really think we don't have the technology for that?
>>
File: 6207850196_3e145f7cd5_b.jpg (454KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
6207850196_3e145f7cd5_b.jpg
454KB, 683x1024px
>>33479287
>I know it would be extremely expensive,

Surprisingly enough, material costs for most things isn't actually a concern. It's the tiny little machinery and electronics that'll get ya.

Anyhow... no, we don't feel like cover every soldier with an EOD suit. Currently the army is dicking around (or at least was) with the idea of "liquid armor", i.e. high tech cornstarch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYIWfn2Jz2g

Also, US soldiers give feedback. They all basically just want effective (around IV armor) protective gear that is super light. Current body armor like the IOTV cover the vitals, and even then they want something lighter that is still effective. Sort of the reason "Dragon Skin" didn't make the bill (being in excess of 50lbs), other than being a solution for a problem that already had a solution.
>>
>>33479314
Kid, it's called tear gas and robots. Unless these rebels have a safe room with its own air supply, no.
>>
>>33479335
>why it doesn't exist
Physics.
>>
>>33479335
"Technolgy" doesn't allow you to create a magic material that is both dense and light. Something something laws of physics. We would need an entirely new means of dealing with the bullets, magnetic forcefield shit.
>>
>>33479287
>>33479318

i read multiple reports in the past with war mongers/ amour company's trying things like this but it became impractical because of heat dissipation let alone weight and mobility
>>
>>33479345

I see. Looks like the US military was (is?) skipping that for even higher tech suits.

One thing to consider is that military feedback might be different from police feedback.

A hevier equipment for a short but risky police operation might be more acceptable than for day to day military use...
>>
>>33479209
Have you seen TALOS? Kinda gets the sci fi itch
https://youtu.be/DrwgVxY_Rk0
>>
File: paris-france-shield.jpg (93KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
paris-france-shield.jpg
93KB, 1200x799px
>>33479404
>A heavier equipment for a short but risky police operation

We have a solution. Behold, a shield.

Usually comes in manual, but can come along is robotic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNoWNkSlGag
>>
>>33479440

Get on with the times, grampa.
Where we are going we don't need shields...
>>
File: 1490494644330.gif (351KB, 263x239px) Image search: [Google]
1490494644330.gif
351KB, 263x239px
>>33479434
>all those shot traps
>all that lack of coverage on the torso

How about no.
>>
File: Canadian_joins_the_army.jpg (54KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Canadian_joins_the_army.jpg
54KB, 720x540px
>>33479458
K sorry for contributing fag
>>
File: Beeps gleefully.jpg (93KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
Beeps gleefully.jpg
93KB, 500x418px
>>33479452
Force fields?
>>
>>33479434

Dayum, that looks sweet.
>>
Speaking of armor. What's the word on Talon ammo these days? Last I recall it got banned for civilian use. Is it still the last thing of its type, and is there anything even faintly similar on the open market?
>>
File: flamethrower-tank.jpg (668KB, 2616x2040px) Image search: [Google]
flamethrower-tank.jpg
668KB, 2616x2040px
>>33479314
challenge accepted
>>
>>33479467
I don't think you've ever been hit in the gut with a fast moving projectile.

Anyhow, it isn't that bad. But at least cover the bottom half of the torso. Hell, they covered the freakin thighs before the gut.
>>
>>33479498
Oddly enough I have been hit in the lower gut buy a little bounty thing moving at incredibly high speeds. Anything is better than nothing and I mostly like it cause it looks kool
>>
>>33479474
Yeah, I really wanna see the liquid armor tested
>>
>>33479488
Not banned. It's just a normal jacketed hollow point.
>>
>>33479404

If police need to use tanks and shit on their own people that kinda constitutes a massive failure on societies part.

Civil wars are no fun.
>>
>>33479586

Just look at what some elite police squads have to go through in some countries.

Raiding some favelas in Rio after drug lords is heavy stuff, anon.
>>
>>33479576

Interesting. I though those babies were long gone from the market.
>>
>>33479614
Or it could be a lot of light stuff going really really fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykUSXs2-JNA
>>
>>33479679
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Talon

You can buy Winchester PDX1 which is the modern evolution of Black Talon. It's really nothing special. Federal HST has better performance.
>>
>>33479488
You know that stuff is actually worse at penetrating armor right?
>>
>>33479209
Does the Wolf Brigade actually use MG 42s in 7.92 Mauser?
>>
>>33479751

No. All I remember, faintly, that there was talk of new bullets called Talon, who were able to penetrate cop armor and for that reason were banned. I don't think I ever saw a test or proper review of it.
>>
>>33479779

that was entirely bullshit just like people freaking out about those magical new plastic glock guns going through airports unnoticed. It was fucking retarded, and wrong.
>>
File: 1490906747580.jpg (67KB, 400x334px) Image search: [Google]
1490906747580.jpg
67KB, 400x334px
>>33479792
Does anyone still remember when people actually thought Teflon, yeah that's right, the stuff you make plastic containers for your lunch tomorrow in, turned ordinary bullets into "cop killer" rounds?
>>
>>33479823

I hope you don't take your lunch to work in teflon, that's the shit that coats nonstick pans, not tupperware.
>>
>>33479335
even if you created a material that resistance your bones will be crushed because of the amount of forces that high caliber bullets carry
basically by mass shoting a heavy armor guy you end up destroying his bones and killing him by internal bleeding
>>
>>33479614
usually the military cooperate in giving the big toys when it comes to this situations, otherwise it's just overkill and a waste of resources
>>
>>33479914
this is also the same principle why Europeans knights used warhammers and maces, and even the guard of the sword to end him rightly
>>
>>33479914

But I can't let go of the dream, anon.
Scientists will find a way...
>>
Weight
Power Source to offset weight with servos. Which adds extra weight
Manufacturing Cost
Logistical Cost (replace, repair, etc)
Mobility in armor
Existence of material used in said armor (or lack thereof)
And the fact that investing in said armor grants only marginal returns. Most 1st World Military casualties are due to explosives, not ballistics. This armor, unless supremely overdesigned, would not change that fact and as such would be meaningless.
Even if some of the required technology to develop this armor cones to light, it will be adapted onto existing platforms - chest rigs, carriers, etc. Even powered frames would be better suited to carrying more guns, not more armor.

At the end of the day it's much easier to break something than it is to make something unbreakable, so long as we have kinetic energy multipliers (primarily explosives). Armor is a losing battle in the modern day. We see this already in tanks and warships which are moving to proactive countermeasures (lasers, ERA, etc) because blowing through armor is easier than making the armor.
>>
File: 1259971592803.jpg (99KB, 452x308px) Image search: [Google]
1259971592803.jpg
99KB, 452x308px
>>33479287
The problem quickly becomes less about protecting the human and stopping the round without allowing it to penetrate. Turns out that FMJ bullets, especially 7.62x51 and bigger are really damn good at punching through things because all that energy getting pushed into such a small area, physics says that the path of least resistance is going to be to allow the bonds between molecules in the metal to break, letting the bullet through. This is bad. So you have three options:

1. Magic super tensile strength metal. Linebacker strategy. Just take the full brunt of the force and be stronger than the bullet. Simple. Drawbacks are that it's going to be really damn expensive and you're pretty much fucked when someone decides to start making bullets out of this stuff or something even better at punching through it.

2. Reduce the amount of energy the bullet can impart. Why take the hit head-on when you can force the bullet to only be able to impart a fraction of its energy because it's hitting the armor at an unfavorable angle? Best case scenario the round hits the armor and bounces away harmlessly. Downside is it's not 100% effective, and tends to increase the size of armor pretty dramatically.

3. Disperse the impact. This is what most modern ceramic armors do. If an incoming round's penetration power is based on applying a crapload of energy into a small area, if you take a really strong, really brittle piece of ceramic that will shatter when hit, it spreads the incoming energy out across the entire plate because it's redirecting all that energy into shattering the plate before penetrating. Incredibly good at stopping a high energy projectile. Singular. Downside is that the plates are pretty much useless scrap once they've been hit once. Also comes with geometry complications, because their effectiveness is pretty limited unless they're relatively large and flat-ish.

Also, there's still a lot of energy transfer so you're gonna get knocked on your ass anyways.
>>
File: noborder.jpg (53KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
noborder.jpg
53KB, 533x800px
>>33479209
Stoopid cracka doesn't know about anti-bullet lucky charms.
>>
>>33480085
Rifle rounds don't "knock you on your ass", that's entirely due to your nervous system shitting itself due to trauma. There are plenty of youtube videos about guys in Kevlar, plates, etc getting shot point-blank and just flinching.
>>
>>33480085

What about just stopping lower caliber bullets, with less penetration force?

For police operations, not every thug will be shooting 762 FMJ bullets...
>>
>>33479586
>need to

Nope, just souless jackboots jackin.
>>
File: image.png (1017KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1017KB, 1334x750px
>>33479718
>They get FNC Paras and I don't
>>
>>33479756
Yes.
>>
>>33480184
Existing stuff does that pretty well. Kevlar is just strands of fiber with high tensile strength woven together. It's flexible enough that when hit, it spreads the force along a much larger area rather than allow penetration. The full force is still transmitted, but the armor doesen't allow penetration.

Past that, it's a sliding scale of trading mobility for protection. Just like with recoil mitigation, physics is a strict bitch who can be tricked, but the only way to really beat her is with mass.
>>
>>33479209
Sadly, I believe a major factor is cost and ease of manufacturing.
Combine these factors with inefficient government that is awful with money and contracting proprietary tech from companies and the costs of equipment per soldier become astronomical.
I think people could really make armor that surpasses everything but it'd be too expensive.
>>
>>33479249
this

barring high risk assault/siege ops, would you rather wear 20-40 pounds of armor that can be defeated or have 20-40 more pounds of ammo/food?
>>
File: riot-gear-poll.jpg (494KB, 921x753px) Image search: [Google]
riot-gear-poll.jpg
494KB, 921x753px
>>33480276
>blunt force tramau

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trauma_plate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riot_control#Equipment
>>
>>33480508
for
>>33479249

>>33480276
Also, it's not really price. The US government is more than willing to shit out a ton to supply troops. Troops aren't cheap, and every troop that dies hurt moral a bit more.

You might not see it this way, but the higher ups like general cares about their troops.
>>
File: chaika pancakies.jpg (191KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
chaika pancakies.jpg
191KB, 640x800px
Instead of caring about protecting soldiers, why don't we just start doping them up all some crazy cocktail of amphetamines, painkillers, and beta blockers to make them unstoppable? Get them so out of their mind that they don't even notice they took a x39 to the gut.

On the downside, many of them will likely die. On the upside, they won't care at the time they're dying.
>>
>>33480541
Personally I don't think the pentagon gives a shit about troops getting killed.
Troops are expensive but military is now training their SF at private contractors because the training is better and cheaper.
I would want our troops armed with the most cutting edge equipment conceivable.
>>
>>33480101
The "Where I go I must rape" start pack.
>>
>>33480541

The generals like that people think they care. More importantly, they know that their jobs and careers are entirely at the whim of politicians who need people to be happy about the wars they are paying for. Last time the number of dead bodies was an issue, it was resolved by forbidding having the caskets photographed while they were unloaded from the transport plane. Sure it was done because of 'caring'. But donkey not see, donkey not do. It worked.
>>
>>33480561

A soldier drugged up so badly that he don't care if they live or die, will die. Then the guy beside him who relied on being covered, also dies. Then the battle is lost.

Not that this hasn't been done before. Vikings and their mushroom madness. Germans and their metamphetamine. Americans in Vietnam had more stuff in their drug bag than in their medic pouch. It just proves that a cool headed soldier is worth more than a foaming-mouth barbarian.
>>
>>33480673

And at least the British Army in the 1950 throwed in the towel after their LSD experiments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-rWnQphPdQ
>>
>>33480697
I can't really imagine what they thought would happen, but I'm glad they gave it a shot
>>
>>33480590
>military is now training their SF at private contractors because the training is better and cheaper.

You're gonna need to sauce that claim.

>>33480618
>generals like that people think they care

Depends on the general. Look at Mattis, he spent nights in trenches when he could've been relaxing in a nice personal bunker being served steak dinner.

>entirely at the whim of politicians
Sauce that claim.
>>
>>33480085
>you're pretty much fucked when someone decides to start making bullets out of this stuff or something even better at punching through it.

That depends entirely on whether or not the material is suitable for use in bullets.
>>
>>33480733

This stuff was brand new at the time. It is possible they were hoping it could do the same good things as metamphetamine but without the side effects, or that the soldiers would get more attentive. Or even that it might help them cope better mentally with large losses in own ranks. But this was one case where theory ran into reality with a sick thud. Btw, this stuff was tested on US military and CIA on a considerable number of unknowing individuals before they canned the whole thing.
>>
>>33480875

Yeah so how come Mattis is suddenly the top guy, after being kept away from command for so long that he was expected to retire?

That said, I don't hate on Mattis. But if he has no friends on the top besides Trump, it's going to get cold and lonely up there.
>>
>>33480101
Look at him, does he have any bullet wounds?
>>
File: 1490516991541.png (499KB, 1280x740px) Image search: [Google]
1490516991541.png
499KB, 1280x740px
>>33480122
>Rifle rounds don't "knock you on your ass"
>that's entirely due to your nervous system shitting itself due to trauma
>proceeds to mention videos of men getting shot and just flinching

One, you're gonna have to sauce your claims. Cause from what I see at least in this video is him getting squared with a round then getting right back up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-UNFSZ8VKU

Two, you do understanding what center of gravity is, correct?
>>
>>33480933
>suddenly top guy

Read. His. Bio.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Mattis#Military_career
>>
>>33479209
Supposedly carbon fiber armor has this potential, but I think it's in R&D.
>>
>>33479209
Jin Roh panzers were only shot at by smgs, at best.

And no. If the armor is attached to your body, the sheer blunt force's gonna go right into your muscles and bones, and break your shit.
>>
>>33481043
you anons think too conteporany.
magnetic force camp, simple as that,
>no damage to body strutucture
>Every bullet is metal
literally it would take extremaly powerful guns to break through the camp.
>>
>>33479287
why dont you go become a material scientist and invent it if its so simple
>>
>>33481157
you know magnets attract metals, not repel them right.
>>
>>33479209

I've seen clips of that, I hope I can find the full movie some day.
>>
>>33479209
There's always a bigger bullet.
>>
Best protection to getting shot is to not get hit in the first place.
Why make armour when you can not be seen? Camo is a thing for this reason, as is taking cover.
>>
>>33482108

Yeah, maybe I will, faggot.
>>
>>33481157
>Implying that electromagnetic force violates the laws of fucking physics.
No, they aren't going to go shooting off like bullets, but that big magnet on your chest is going to leave a magnet-shaped indention in your sternum. Equal but opposite reaction.
>>
>>33479287
Just letting you know, they (US Army) tested Ti-5553 alloy in a chest rig against .50cal BMG rounds and it performed so well that the M1A3 R&D group decided to try it out against 120mm A4silverbullets.. those results are still classified so were assuming it works and it'll probably get added as its way lighter than other metals being used on the Abrams as of now, especially when a major component of the A3 program is weight reduction without loss of capabilities.

On top of that we have research happening in Metalic Aerogels and other strong-but-super-light-weight materials.

So the troops one day might have armor that weighs 5~8lbs but can outperform lvl4 ceramics.
>>
>>33480673
>Vikings and their mushrooms

Meme. A more accurate third example would be modern iraki fighters who sometimes go out there after taking a shit of Adrenalin.
>>
>>33480907
They were worried it made war too fun.
>>
>>33482171
Depends on the polarity.
>>
>>33482171
i didn't know violent j posted here
>>
File: bulletproof-vest.jpg (63KB, 468x600px) Image search: [Google]
bulletproof-vest.jpg
63KB, 468x600px
>>33479209
>why isn't it viable to create some kind of bullet armor that can resist to high caliber bullets
>viable to create some kind of
>bullet armor

Deus Vult
>>
File: 1490905471393.jpg (19KB, 258x277px) Image search: [Google]
1490905471393.jpg
19KB, 258x277px
>>33479440
>>
File: ea6.png (21KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
ea6.png
21KB, 250x250px
>>33482493
And from the looks of it, will last longer than AR500 steel.

>tfw XCOM alien metal might become a real viable thing
>>
>>33480993
Carbon nanotubes are strong but the resin that makes carbon fiber plates is weak.
Graphene and metal foam will be 100 times better.
>>
>>33481157
>>33482171
>>33482423
I have no idea how much electrical power this would take but you could stop a bullet with an eddy-current brake. It would also likely melt the bullet in the process, so even if it just slowed it down you'd be splashed with molten metal.
>>
>>33483457
Don't they use graphene in the latest Abrams?
>>
>>33483080

New cyber-crusade when?
>>
>>33479209

this guy made them Troy Hurtubise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPS2l5fQ55A
>>
>>33479314
>flood the sewer with gas
>ignite
>ded rebels
>>
>>33479209
As far as I remember the suits in Jin-Roh never got hit by anything rifle-caliber, so I could totally see it working out in real life.
>>
>>33480697
The LSD experiments were for testing use as a debilitating weapon, not to use on their own troops.
>>
>>33486172

I'll buy that. Just like the many types of nerve gas then. But they were still TESTING it on their own soldiers.
>>
File: 1490790763281.jpg (336KB, 1706x1357px) Image search: [Google]
1490790763281.jpg
336KB, 1706x1357px
>>33479209
>bullet armor
>>
File: 1468121034787.png (139KB, 1031x592px) Image search: [Google]
1468121034787.png
139KB, 1031x592px
>>33479314
We already have a solution for that
>pic related
>>
File: Section_8_Earth_by_Baldasseroni.jpg (656KB, 1745x1764px) Image search: [Google]
Section_8_Earth_by_Baldasseroni.jpg
656KB, 1745x1764px
So obviously it'd be retarded for anyone military to have to carry 50 extra pounds of armor but I could see Titanium Platemail being useful for people like SWAT teams where they're only walking from their air conditioned car to the hostage situation, and Titanium is light enough you could beef up it's thickness a fair bit while still being mobile.

Considering how frivolously the govt likes wasting money anyways I'm actually more surprised it's not a thing, guess it's because it's a local budget thing.
>>
>>33479209
Body Armor is just a PSYOP to fool the unwitting into thinking they are invulnerable. Also to sell to GQ fags on /k/
>>
>>33479314
oh we'll flush you out into the open like an arab and mow you and your goats down with a few quick bursts of the coax and go back to enjoying my ham slice with ranger pudding.
>>
Frankly the whole SWAT concept is doomed. They will be replaced by small armed drones who'll enter houses and take out the enemy and if one or ten is shot down it'll be a fraction of the cost of widow benefits.
>>
>>33486582
>Considering how frivolously the govt likes wasting money anyways I'm actually more surprised it's not a thing, guess it's because it's a local budget thing.

Have you considered how unwieldy and costly that is, relative to just an armored vest + shield?
>>
>>33486728
>enemy uses jammer
>it's super effective!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDRgoFLqQac
>>
>>33486812

That looks like a thing to keep in the pocket.

Even so: where's there a jammer, there will be an antijammer.

Seriously, the police already have robots that wield shotguns and carry bombs. It's already on.
>>
File: Adeptus Mechanicus.jpg (116KB, 530x488px) Image search: [Google]
Adeptus Mechanicus.jpg
116KB, 530x488px
>>33486838
True, but those are heavily armored bots.

>tfw X-Com turret drones are becoming a reality
>>
>>33479301
i think that is a little to unrealistic.
it has no room for a driver, the engine is to big.
>>
File: US_Army_powered_armor.jpg (3MB, 2408x3800px) Image search: [Google]
US_Army_powered_armor.jpg
3MB, 2408x3800px
>>33479209
Because we don't have enough batteries to make that comfortable, nor do we charge into enemy fire without a fucking shield.

'course at the current rate of technology...
>>
>>33486866

Looking good. As long as you don't need to notice activities on your flanks.
>>
>>33479914
If the round can be fired from an unmounted gun then plates will disperse the impact without causing internal damage.
>>
File: The_Tribe.jpg (60KB, 557x720px) Image search: [Google]
The_Tribe.jpg
60KB, 557x720px
>>33486898
True, that armor looks like it'll make rotating a bit tougher than usual.

In honesty, the Jin Roh armor is completely unrealistic given our current and to come tech.

Heh, cyberpunk and alt reality sci fi are looking more and more realistic every time I look. Ignoring the mega-corps (does Amazon count?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2W23ysgWKI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH3vVUUQDT4
(medical and construction purpose exoskeletons)
>>
>>33486928
>completely unrealistic

I meant to say somewhat realistic, my mind is shitposting itself again. Ignoring the question of overheating (cooling vests?), full suits of armor might make full circle again.

Also, here's a range of motions you can do in medieval (both Asian and European).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RR6I-BLKbQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-bnM5SuQkI
>>
>>33486928

I wasn't even thinking about actually moving. I was just looking at the goggles.
>>
File: colonial UK pepe.png (1MB, 4832x5787px) Image search: [Google]
colonial UK pepe.png
1MB, 4832x5787px
>>33479370
>tear gas

Why not mustard gas
>>
File: Bwu3fvE.jpg (87KB, 800x1143px) Image search: [Google]
Bwu3fvE.jpg
87KB, 800x1143px
>>33487003
Ya know, all these bullshit rules and laws like "human rights" and "Geneva Convention".
>>
File: Arma 3 Apex + Go kart.jpg (64KB, 634x639px) Image search: [Google]
Arma 3 Apex + Go kart.jpg
64KB, 634x639px
>>33486970
Oh, well that always can be fixed.
>>
>>33487038

He has a point. Not mustard gas, it's meaningless in an urban environment and it was fucking useless in the field. But there are other substances that could be utilized beside the obvious tear gas. Imagine a mariuana hand grenade, for instance.
>>
>>33487277
Like the Russian rescue that inadvertently killed 130 Russian hostages because the rescue workers didn't understand the concept of prolapsed tongue?
>>
>>33487363

That sounds interesting. Got a link for that story?
>>
>>33479779
Kek. What made them cop killers was that the were coated black (soo scurry) at the tip.
>>
File: Moscow_Siege,_2002.jpg (57KB, 680x419px) Image search: [Google]
Moscow_Siege,_2002.jpg
57KB, 680x419px
>>33487447
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis

Mental note, don't be rescued by Russians.
>>
>>33480941
why would he need bullet wounds when he has aids?
>>
>>33487277
There are probably such items at a not too distant point in the past, if not also now.

Good to subdue without injuring.

So maybe stoners will be the secret weapon in future LTL engagements.
>>
>>33487540

Thank you. I ran it through very quickly for a reread later on. And I agree. I really do not want to be rescued by these guys either - I'd have a better chance taking on the terrorists with my own bare hands.
>>
>>33487580

And not just chemicals. I am waiting for electrical weapons that strike through vaporized water gas. But then, I was also waiting for rubber bullets and somehow the swat teams don't seem big on them.
>>
>>33487639
Rubber bullets are great for riot suppression.

Not so great when the guy is shooting back at you.

Though I wonder how well LRADs would perform during a siege...
>>
>>33487936

Is there any actual experience with rubber bullets against actual enemies? I see to recall demonstrators being treated for rubber bullet caused wounds that looked pretty grim.
>>
>>33488028
I don't know. The US army does go through non-lethal training courses, so it wouldn't be beyond them.

That said, CS gas pods are the US main way of getting people to leave buildings. US used during the war, not much is said on it other than a few links.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CS_gas#Iraq
>>
>>33479287

I guess a military surplus vest covered in titanium plate or some shit. You can buy a lot of titanium from Provident Metals and then melt it down and so on.

Then you build a forge and get the machinery to do that. You see where this is going.
>>
>>33486898

Needs larger visor too.
>>
>>33487540
Being rescued by russians:

Stand around
>misidentified as enemy combatant, shot.
Sitting
>hit by stray bullet
hiding in closet
>hit by stray bullet
hiding in cupboard
>hit by stray bullet
hiding in bathroom
>shot by twitchy breaching team
or
>hit by stray bullet
Lying on the ground covered in your friend's blood but remaining unharmed.
>All corpses are shot, can't chance anything still being alive.
In the building the next block over
>hit by a stray bullet.
>>
File: his smile and optimist, gone.jpg (110KB, 995x1250px) Image search: [Google]
his smile and optimist, gone.jpg
110KB, 995x1250px
>>33479440
>>
>>33486560

this is so retarded, i love it.

>accidentally bump into table edge
> blast your wife with 8 rounds of 9mm
>slip on ice and throw out hand to catch a support
>blast street with 8 rounds of 9mm
>yawn
>blast office next door with 8 rounds of 9mm
>>
>>33486928
Google counts, are you stupid or not?

Cause if you aren't, I might be.
>>
>>33480101
I thought it was the wallets he has stolen
>>
>>33480970
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5f1Fo4r4_I
>>
>>33479779
I think you're thinking teflon tip "cop killers". another misunderstood winchester invention.

the talon rounds were normal hollow point, but had "hooks" inside the hollow point in order to cause a more devastating splash. In fact police loved them because they hit and stuck. Just, right after winchester unveiled them, started doing marketing, and made a big sale to NYPD, a guy shot up the subway with black talon rounds.
they were never outlawed, just a lot of the survivors sued winchester for damages, and the case got heavy media coverage. So winchester pulled the brand.
>>
>>33479209
It is. There are a number of efforts in that direction which are quite exciting. Lightweight, no augmented strength required.
>>
>>33479314
JIN ROH OF THE WOLF BRIGADE
>>
ITT no-one knows about next gen armors like Drywire or Hexar.

Blocking high velocity AP is impossible without ceramics, but extreme-multihit armor stopping rifle fire with minimal deformation is no longer impractical.
>>
>>33479287
>it would be extremely expensive
you're a rich guy
>>
>>33482273
Nigga literally just go on any major free anime website
>>
>>33492989
For you.
>>
File: CofM.jpg (126KB, 942x781px) Image search: [Google]
CofM.jpg
126KB, 942x781px
>>33491031
>being squared at or below center of gravity square to the bullet
vs
>being squared upper shoulder at an angle

Hell, even in videos who's intent is to counter the myth, they actually help elaborate more into it.

Sure no one is gonna go straight down because he was squared in the chest with a .223 or .44 magnum while wearing body armor, but 7.62x51 or a 12 gauge still have significant force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgZPusyLeMA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66UNDxw7elY
>>
>>33492336
>Drywire or Hexar.

Sauce plz. Not snark, just really curious.
>>
>>33490818
They seem solely stuck in the internet related tech, with a bit of dabbing into robotics.

Amazon on the other hand has a gone full Walmart and is starting to deal out internet services and the likes. Except unlike Walmart they have quality. Also robotics.
>>
>>33490933
I thought so too
>>
File: notices bulge.png (2MB, 1368x3408px) Image search: [Google]
notices bulge.png
2MB, 1368x3408px
>>33479440
>>
>>33494174
Why you looking?
>>
>>33494061
Damn you dumb if you think any company is inherently different and
>cue angsty adolescent voice
"will stay an internet bases company forever just, like, because."

Seriously, money. Geesh. Don't overcomplicate this. Does a gas stay in a small space when it has the potential to fill any volume? It will try to literally enthrophy die or be contained.

Money is just a good way of figuring out who probably is affecting the world from most of the denizens of the world's perspective.

I mean, it doesn't have to be this shitty, but at least it's not moronic zealots or communists right (like there's a difference).
>>
>>33482273

nyaa
>>
>>33482493
>body armor
>vs APFSDS
>body armor wins
total fucking bullshit
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.