[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long would Ukraians last against a Russian invasion and what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9

File: FB_IMG_1478120518125.jpg (51KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1478120518125.jpg
51KB, 960x720px
How long would Ukraians last against a Russian invasion and what would it look like?
>>
Ukraine is 51th State of United States of America, under President Hunter Biden. It is of impossibility of Russian invasion, very foolish.
>>
My guess is month of actual fighting before ceasefire or ukrainian capitulation.

Best real-life comparison is invasion of georgia, which lasted for 5 days, but it was second line pre-modernisation russian troops in low-intensity combat against small and somewhat uninvolved force.
>>
Half of Ukraine would side with Russia so it'd be a fucked up little war.
>>
>>33476310
this
23 minutes after the start of the invasion, Poroshenko's plane would crash in Poland probably.
Or maybe he would be dragged across Donetsk where the shellings took place.
>>
>>33476275
They would eventually get over run but Ukraine has rebuilt its military. They are still short on modern equipment however they have swelled to over 66 Divisions. Although not highly technically skilled the newer generation of NCOs and officers have a lot of experience.

They are in much better shape than 2014/2015.
>>
>>33476844
>>33476275
>What would it look like

Russia would probably try to get the rest of the Donbass. Probably try and make a land bridge to Crimea and pick up Odessa in that push. They would push to the Dnieper. Maybe try and go to Kiev but not likely. At that point they would be pushing into lands that have little to no pro Russians and would be risking an insurgency.

Taking Mariupol and Melitopol would be very difficult though. Those cities are like fortresses and are defended by some of the best fighters.
>>
>>33476901
op here
like the Azov fellows? do you think ukraine will try to retake the captured land?
>>
>>33476275

> I wonder what it would look like if HYPOTHETICALLY it did happen

[0.0(9/10) Rubuls have been deposited into your account by Putin]
>>
>>33476275
>and what would it look like?
Slav fights always look hilarious, well hilarious and extremely bloody.
>>
>>33477190
A potato and 2 sq meters of soil was deposited to your family by Ukrainian government.
>>
>>33477229

[You are send to gulag for access capitalist internet]
>>
Ukraine will be divided between Russia and Poland in two weeks.
>>
>>33477241
Your runglish is rather entertaining, Mykola.
>>
>>33477229
yay, potato!
>>
>>33476275

Whatever it would look like they're running out of time: once the Uks get nukes it'll be impossible to hit them without getting a face full of radium.
>>
>>33477229
Fucking lol.
>>
>>33476275
They lost ALMOST 30%-40% OF ARTILLERY AMMUNITION in that ammo depot explosion. Its dead Jim.
>>
File: IMG_0252.jpg (77KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0252.jpg
77KB, 800x600px
I'm pretty scared if this would happen, especially for what happens after that in Europe

Belarus would be the first one to fall however before Ukraine. I think Putin is just patient, maybe see if Trump gets impeached and make use of the situation.

On Thread, just restoration of Novorossiya after three weeks of intense fighting if it happens
>>
>>33478270
Yeah, great move to do right before an invasion

>>33476301
Nah, Trump & Spicey don't give a shit about Ukraine
>>
>>33478341
Novorossiya doesn't exist.
>>
>>33478368

neverussiya

rip
>>
why everyone is suddenly asking about russia going all out on ukraine?
>>
>>33478458
Heavy increase in fighting in Donetsk, large troop buildup by the border, mass-scale training exercises all over Western Russia and Crimea, massive militarisation of Kaliningrad, continued meddling in European elections, deployment of tactical balistic missiles?
>>
>>33476998
what do you think they have been doing for the last few years?
>>
>>33478538
yeah but wasn't that happening since the beginning?
>>
>>33478538
>massive militarisation of Kaliningrad
How does that relate to Ukraine at all?
>>
Who cares, as long as the conflict ends soon and cheap 7.62x54r starts getting imported again.
>>
File: destroyer-class carrier.jpg (611KB, 1405x893px) Image search: [Google]
destroyer-class carrier.jpg
611KB, 1405x893px
>>33478538
Russia moves its military on its territory? Unheard of! This act of aggression clearly indicates Putin's totalitarian regime is about to attack the US of A.
Fuck off, Mykola.
>>
>>33478361
>Nah, Trump & Spicey don't give a shit about Ukraine

Too bad the Clinton State Department is still in charge of foreign policy.
>>
>>33478538
sauce?
>>
>>33476998
>Azov

Yes but there are also other units suck as the Ukrainian Marines.

>Will they try and retake clay

They might try something however it's an open secret that there are Russian units there with some pretty heavy stuff. The Ukrainian's could try a surprise airborne operation with what ever aircraft they have left just because they have all these trained airborne troops and light transport aircraft that aren't being used.
>>
>>33478796
>vatnik derides others when russia moves divisions to threaten neighbours
Are you forgetting that you russians throw a hissy fit, start to cry and shit yourself if NATO moves a small tank battalion to the baltics?
>>
>>33481435
yeah, but unlike russia, nato existence is solely to threat russia surrendering it from every side, coldwar is not over frendo, us expansionism is sick, you think yourselves as protectors of freedom, but to me americans are he jailors of freedom
>>
>>33481569
NATO exists to keep russia from enslaving their smaller neighbours, something that would have happened a decade ago had they not joined NATO. So in a sense, yes, NATO is the one who suppress russias freedom to act like savage bandits. NATO is on the other hand the protector of the weak and small.
>>
>>33481633
>americucks actually believe this
The one protecting them is the one of whom they should be protected, they're small, they're weak, but together, under protection of mother russia. mother of europe and asia, they will prevail, not under "protection" of nato who pretends to protect them but in the end is just as false as the EU
>>
>>33476275

Not very long. Much of the populace is still sympathetic to Russia if not outright supportive. My guess is a primary Russian advance from Belgorod down to Harkov, thereby threatening to cut off the 200k troops on the border of the DNR/LNR territories.

One would presume they would take Harkov, Dnepropetrovsk, Nikolaev and Odessa.
>>
>>33481876

Oh yes, everyone remembers all the times NATO genocides and purged those countries.

All those mass graves in eastern Europe were NATOs fault.
>>
>>33481940
europe is being opressed by usa, they abdicatade the capacity to protect themselves, now, america rules over europe, no dirty shitskin mongol-european-black misc shall rule over MOTHERLAND, NEVER!
>>
>>33481876
>russia
>protect anyone
All russia ever want is to pillage, rape and murder. All russias former allies hate you with a burning passion with good reason.
Poland, the baltics, Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria and recently even Belarus dislike russia because how badly russian treat their "friends"
The very same countries invited the US with open arms because the US is civilized whereas russia is savage and barbaric.
It is good for the world that russia is weak and impotent so that small NATO battalions can keep them at bay.
>>
>>33481569
After being Russian """"allies""" for 50 years following WW2, all of Eastern Europe wants to be in NATO. Really makes you ponder.
>>
File: trash.jpg (101KB, 584x649px) Image search: [Google]
trash.jpg
101KB, 584x649px
>>33481569
>to me
>>
>>33481967
Your autism is leaking
>>
>>33478368

You living in your own fantasy world?
>>
>>33476844
>Ukraine has rebuilt its military
They steal and sell stuff faster then their army get it.
>>
>>33482256

>All russias former allies hate you with a burning passion with good reason.

I don`t need americucks talking for me.
>>
>>33476844

I remember the time I heard over radio that people have raised money to buy 80 or something kevlar vests, when I alone helped move out ~100 from existing stocks to private people
>>
>>33481876
If Russia is so damn great then explain why almost every single Warsaw Pact country jumped to join NATO when the Soviet Union collapsed?
>>
File: Vatnik 1.jpg (61KB, 531x640px) Image search: [Google]
Vatnik 1.jpg
61KB, 531x640px
>>33478796
>>
>>33476275
Are you trying to gaslight me?
>>
>>33478538
An actual military conflict is highly unlikely and more to NATO's interests than Russia. In the event of any war, big daddy USA will stomp the slavs all the way to Moscow.
So the Russians are playing the same games they always have, they know they can't win conventionally, so as always they will fight with their salami tactics.
Discussion of the political aspect of these salami tactics belongs in /pol/, but in short the end desired result is the "finlandization" of all of Europe.
>>
>>33482256
>All russia ever want is to pillage, rape and murder.
Yeah, unlike totally not ebil US
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Condor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethical_human_experimentation_in_the_United_States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Program
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_war_crimes

>small NATO battalions can keep them at bay.
Oh, and I thought it was Russia going defensive trying to rebuild itself after being economically destroyed by US in 90s while US aggressively expands its military alliance even further towards Russian borders.
>>
>>33476301
51th? Think about that.
>>
>>33481435
Things that never happen. We usually make fun of baltshits what think 10 amerishit tanks will protect them in case amerishits will decide to get silly and attack us. What is hilarious is that you oppose the point of Russia moving its military inside its borders with amerishit military moving outside of amerishit borders, namely in limitrophe non-countries at the very border with Russia.
>>
>>33485304
>big daddy USA will stomp the slavs all the way to Moscow
More like fat daddy amerishit will run away from Europe with his rat tail between his obese buttocks lit up with tactical nukes.
>>
>>33478538
>mass-scale training exercises all over Western Russia and Crimea
>troop training is an act of aggression
Fatnik logic at its finest.
>>
>>33484719
Good job financing Ukrainian corruption.
http://alex-leshy.livejournal.com/456506.html
>>
>>33486169
white mongoloid pls
>>
>>33486273
lmao says the turkic mongoloid
>>
Oh look, classic vatniks in action thread, instead of discussing Russkie activities they start to shitpost about the US
>>
>>33486673
It is true as it is sad.
>>
File: 1407206412971.jpg (25KB, 287x310px) Image search: [Google]
1407206412971.jpg
25KB, 287x310px
>>33476275
About 20 minutes. That`s how long the phone call from Kremlin to Kiev will take. Time required to wake up drunk Poroshenko included.
>>
>>33486152
>forgetting how russia saw it necessary to move three divisions to counter a few US battalions numbering a few thousand
>forgetting how russia whined and squealed over the fact that those US troops where invited with open arms
When will you vatniks learn that your neighbours have the same right to invite and move troops as you do?
It is none of russias business who the baltics ally with and what they do within their own border.
They have the right to self determination and the right to ask the US for tripwire troops.
>>
>>33487574
>Russia moves its military inside its borders? Unheard of!
>Russian diaspora is Russia
Try again, this time with less butthurt babbling and more coherent arguments.
>>
>>33486169
And this would not lead to the vatnik forces being exterminated like the vermin they are in nuclear fire?
>>
It would become an insurgency.
Russia can't afford an Iraq-style war.
It would be a slugfest and would probably strengthen the anti-Russocentrist resolve
>>
>>33487712
>American tactical nuclear weapons
Good joke, post more.
>>
>>33487758
It would only become an insurgency if the supposed insurgents have something to fight for. Frankly enough, Poroshenko's corruption, thought likely as destructive as islamic radicalism, is not something Ukrainians would gladly fight and die for.
>>
>>33486106
>US aggressively expands its military alliance even further towards Russian borders
What happened was that former "allies" of russia applied for membership the minute they got a working non commie post office going.
They knew, unlike Western Europe, that russia is like a cockroach infestation, that russia will always be back to bother you no matter how many times you send them packing.
You need to take preemptive measures to keep them out. For cockroaches you need cleanliness and for russians you need NATO.
Both types of pest needs to be kept out if you want any quality of living.
>>
>>33487816
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-86_ALCM
What now, nigger?
Not that it matters, Minuteman and Trident missiles has 90m CEP, plenty enough for battlefield use.
>>
>>33487914
>AGM-86, SLBM, ICBM
>tactical
Lel.
>>
>>33487914
stfu about going nuclear please, if the nukes start to fly everyone loses, except niggers maybe
>>
>>33488176
>if the nukes start to fly everyone loses, except niggers maybe
That's the thing I'm getting at. When pointing out to vatniks how farfetched their dreams of military conquest is when faced with the massive NATO superiority they invariably end up with claiming russia will lauch a massive nuke salvo at airports and bases whereupon they think the US will leave.
What would happen is that NATO would launch a massive counterforce salvo and then the world burns.
Also, a few remaining vatniks will scratch messages into the walls of the Moscow metro blaming the US for the apocalypse because russia dindu nuffiks, only killing a few millions was justified because russia wuz a gud boi about to get his economy back on track and visiting the UN every week.
And the nignogs will die when there is no one to gibz them dat anymore.
>>
I don't think nukes would fly if Russia goes into Ukraine. Ukraine isn't a NATO member, and I highly doubt anyone would be willing to commit mass suicide over Ukraine.

The Baltics are a bit more worrisome, however.
>>
>>33484737
Uhm maybe because of money? Everyone wants euros and dollars mate. Especialy after the soviet union colapsed. Every little politican or buisness tried to cut out their piece of the udssr. Corrupt slavs beeing corrupt slavs. I'd join the nato too if they give me more money. The anti russian rethoric began much earlier before they started to mingle in the world again.
>>
File: CyIK1J1XgAQe9qe.jpg (139KB, 886x783px) Image search: [Google]
CyIK1J1XgAQe9qe.jpg
139KB, 886x783px
>>33476275
>How long would Ukraians last against a Russian invasion

1.5 weeks to reach Kiev.

>and what would it look like?

Probably like Georgia in 2008, but with better units.
>>
>>33487945
SLBMs have a tactical SEAD role.
>>
>>33476275
>How long would Ukraians last against a Russian invasion

Not very long, Russia has a strong air force compared to Ukraine, not to mention its army. It could probably overrun Ukraine within weeks, but that said, Ukraine only needs to hold long enough for allies to come to assistance, which would be EXTREMELY rapid as NATO has conveniently placed battlegroups nearby and the infrastructure of Europe allows for rapid deployment of (particularly) mechanized and armored units very easily.

It simply does not have the stability, NCO corps, advancement, numbers, production capability, and overall strength of the Russian armed forces, and in some ways, the Ukraine we know today is still in its infancy.

That said though, it is always worth remembering that a Russian invasion would absolutely invoke a NATO response. And a NATO-Russian war in Europe, (excluding any Chinese involvement) would be extremely devastating for Russia and it is unlikely they would recover within our lifetimes. Putin maintains his country well, and knows that too much overt action will result ultimately in defeat due to the sheer numbers and geography arranged against him.

This is in large part why the re-occupation of Crimea was done covertly and through the use of special forces units and militias.
>>
>>33476301
51st is Poland. Ukraine must be 52nd.
>>
they would lay down their rifles like they did with crimea.
>>
>>33493161
>allies

Lolwut.

If you think anyone is going to risk nuclear war over a non-country whose main exports are prostitutes and pickled beets, then I have some very bad news for you.
>>
>>33494618

Absolutely. No one gives a shit about Ukraine, especially NOT Ukrainians.
>>
>>33476275
>How long would Ukraians last against a Russian invasion and what would it look like?
5 minutes. The time it takes to Kalibrate Ukrainian High Command.
>>
like 2 weeks lmao
>>
>>33493161
>That said though, it is always worth remembering that a Russian invasion would absolutely invoke a NATO response

It absolutely would not. Otherwise, NATO would have invited Ukraine to join long ago to guarantee it Article 5 protection.

Just take a look at how "strongly and forcefully" NATO reacted to Georgia 08 and Crimea 14.
>>
>>33478538
Hi, CNN
>>
>>33487574

>They have the right to self determination

But somehow the people living in East Ukraine don't have the same right of self determination.
>>
File: guess_who-452x330.gif (2KB, 452x330px) Image search: [Google]
guess_who-452x330.gif
2KB, 452x330px
>>33498547

You have as much right as you earn through force. The thing I don't like is people meddling in forces they don't have the power to muster themselves. Which leaves me thinking, what's the common bond between USA, Ukraine, EU, and Russia? What inner problems could be muddling the waters, playing with forces not their own, only to further their own ends, making our attempts at diplomacy look pointless?
>>
>>33486134
>>33494584
>Not considering Japan
>Not considering Italy and its 130+ US military (Army, Navy, USAF, and Marines) installations
>>
File: GDP_of_Russia_since_1989.png (60KB, 700x402px) Image search: [Google]
GDP_of_Russia_since_1989.png
60KB, 700x402px
>>33497489

>Just take a look at how "strongly and forcefully" NATO reacted to Georgia 08 and Crimea 14.

I dont think going to war against Russia over Georgia and Ukraine was or is ever seriously contemplated.
The "strong and forceful" reaction wouldnt be a declaration of war. The West would react much like after 2014.
Russia would probably get sanctioned with Iran like sanctions. Broad sanctions on its entire economy, not just on state owned companies and oligarchs.
And judging from how the russian economy has been doing over the past 2 years, i dont think the people in the kremlin are all to excited about such a scenario.
>>
>>33500210
We keep those troops there to make sure Shitaly doesn't think about switching sides the first sign of trouble.

Captcha "match wok" the fuck do you want google?
>>
>>33500507
Iran is still doing fine with all those Sanctions so i guess that Russians will be fine too

as long China doesnt join the sanctioning noone going to notice that any more than they already do
>>
>>33493161

What are you smoking?
>>
>>33500507
But the eu countries would never sanction russian oil products. They need that stuff unless they want to freeze next winter. Russia is the main supplier of oil and gas in eastern and central europe. The sanctions that are hurting the russian economy are in fact the counter sanctions of russia against eu products.
>>
>>33498547
There's a massive difference between self determination as of a country deciding what it actually does, and self determination in terms of populations inside the country they're part of. The first isn't even in question, while the latter would tear most countries apart if it was fully applied.
>>
>>33502344
>Iran is doing fine
>4th largest oil reserves in the world
>population the size of Germany
>smaller economy than Nigeria
>>
>>33507046
Which is bad because?

A lot of problems in the middle east wouldn't exist today if every small tribe/relegioun/sect/culture had their own country for example
>>
>>33494788
>>33497489
>>33505542

t. vatnik
>>
>>33498547
>self determination
So russia has the right to arm violent thugs and incite rebellion in other countries but when Chechnya want freedom russia has the right to commit the most savage war crimes and install blood thirsty dictators to stop them from leaving?
You russians truly are the most despicable trash of a people.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.