[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /k/? Can any other glock owners tell me what light and sights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (502KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
502KB, 2304x1536px
Sup /k/?

Can any other glock owners tell me what light and sights they prefer? Advice wanted please!

For my light I was thinking about a TLR3 streamlined

For sights some type of truglo or tritium sights.
>>
>>33472958
Surefire and Aimpoint
>>
File: IMG_0444.jpg (494KB, 2204x2093px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0444.jpg
494KB, 2204x2093px
Quick and dirty pic. TruGlo TFOs on the 19 (left) and AmeriGlo GL-235s on the 21. Surefire on the 21 as well. Obviously the TFOs are much brighter but I might prefer the AmeriGlo sights for everyday shooting.
>>
>>33472958
Completely happy with my Trijicon HD's.
>>
File: 1487897952001m.jpg (75KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1487897952001m.jpg
75KB, 1024x768px
>>33474606
^Correct answer
>>
>>33472958
I was thinking about a Glock 22 Gen 4 police trade-in with night sights and a .357 Sig and 9mm Lone Wolf Distributors conversion barrel. At that point I'd be paying $570 for the whole package for a gun that shoots 3 different rounds, .40short&weak for originality, .357 sig for pig hunting, and 9mm for range day.
Or I could buy a 19 Gen4 for $398 and make it my edc instead of my Kimber Ultra TLE.
>>
File: gs2_zps47695299.jpg (431KB, 927x618px) Image search: [Google]
gs2_zps47695299.jpg
431KB, 927x618px
>>33472958
The TLR3 is really intended for handguns with shorter length rails such as the PX4 Compact.

All Glocks that have rails have full length rails so you might as well get a "fullsize" light such as an X300 Ultra, TLR 2 HL or an XC1 if you want to use a light for CC but cannot comfortably conceal the first two lights mentioned.

The TLR3 isn't as durable nor does it have as many lumens as the X300's 500 or TLR 2 HL's 800. Despite what a lot of people think, you want as much lumens as you can on a light. The TLR3's 125 lumens is nothing.

As for sights, while I cannot recommend you an exact sight because everyone's eyes are different and people have their preferences but I'll give you a short list of some good sights to check out.

>Trijicon HD XR (HD's but with a more narrow front sight)
Note that Trijicon HD rear sights have a tendency to be sharp, making carry potentially uncomfortable and can make holes in cover garments.

>Ameriglo Defoors sights
A budget friendly old school black on black sight. Can be had for $30 on Amazon and works well in close and long range

>any of the photoluminescent Ameriglos like the TCAP, Spartans, Proglos with a blacked out rear sight

Unlike the Trijicon HD's, these do not have a tritium dotted rear so you do not have to account for any additional dots when lining up your sights.

>Red/Green fiber optic front w/ blacked out rear

Very popular setup for competition shooters and many defensive shooters. You can get them from places like Dawson Precision, 10-8 Performance and Frank Proctor WOTG.
>>
>>33474805
cont.

Since this post is about lights and sights, I want to adress the idea of using tritiums in the dark to shoot. You really do not want to do this and you should always illuminate and positively ID a target before shooting in darkness. You must utilize a white light either a handheld or weapon mounted light, while people claim they use 3-dot tritiums to bypass this, tritiums cannot illuminate a target. This is why using a handheld in conjunction with sights like fiber optics or photoluminescent fronts work very well in both day and low lighting conditions.

3-dots are generally not as good as a fiber front or tritium front only and the additional dots can be pretty distracting when shooting at speed. This is why I would not recommend the TruGlos.
>>
>>33472958
Inforce APL. It fits the glock best and since it's lightweight it doesn't contribute as much to typical glock malfunctions. The paddles are also the most natural to use, they only press inward instead of rotating different ways on each side.

Just don't get the clamp on one. Make sure it's the screw on. The clamp had issues falling off.
>>
XC1 for light.
Trijicon for sights.
>>
>>33472958

Lipstick on a pig
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33474817
I will back up the APL, even though I am now a part of the X300u master race. For a little more than the TLR3, you get more lumens, something completely waterproof, and easy controls. Also it's made in America.

As for sights, I have Ameriglo tritium three dots, and they work great for me.
>>
Are XS Big Dot sights a meme? Or are they effective?
>>
>>33476607
Good for pocket rockets negligible for glocks.
>>
>>33476607
I've handled a Glock that had them, I really liked their speed but you would probably find it a bit awkward for anything beyond self defense ranges.
>>
File: 20170320_132616-1080x1080.jpg (192KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170320_132616-1080x1080.jpg
192KB, 1080x1080px
>>33472958
I like my truglo TFO sights, but I really like the front sight on my Trijicon HDs. If I could have the TFO rears and HD front I would.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.