[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /k/ I'm looking to buy a handgun of some sort (not a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: image_51.jpg (29KB, 446x384px) Image search: [Google]
image_51.jpg
29KB, 446x384px
Ok /k/
I'm looking to buy a handgun of some sort (not a revolver). It'll be my first, and I'm looking to stay under $550. I've asked at some gunshops locally, and they all tried to push the revolver meme on me because I'm a grill.
What should I buy?
>>
Glock 19, Sig p320 compact, walther ppq. Basically start with a plastic wonder nine, and you'll be ok.
>>
>>33461108
Welp, since it's your first I'm probably gonna go ahead and suggest a glock. They are simple, affordable (550 or below used) and should work every time you use it. If that's not really your style, I would personally go for a used beretta 92 for roughly 300 bucks. Maybe throw a new locking block in there replace the barrel and call it like new.
>>
>>33461108
They probably recommended that because some women can't operate the slides of certain semi autos. I suggest a sig 238.
>>
Get a revolver.

Seriously.
>>
Have you confirmed you have the physical strength to rack the slide on a handgun?
>>
>>33461191
No
>>33461209
Yes, without a problem
>>
>>33461169
Muslimterd is correct.

I've taken chicks shooting before and they were too weak to properly operate the slides of automatics. I'd say a Glock 19 if you can operate it properly, but if you're not scared look on Armslist.com for a Beretta 92. I imagine you can find one for close to or under $550 or you could at least try to Jew them down to your price point. Revolvers are good for girls, don't be offended unless you're a swole feminazi type
>>
What do you want this handgun for?
>>
>>33461108
Have you been to a range and rented a few of the guns? Get what feels good to shoot. I wouldn't dismiss revolvers outright until you shoot it first. Yes, they have drawbacks, but have some advantages too
>>
>>33461260
Hunting paper and self defense
>>
>>33461108
cz 82
>>
>>33461277
Do you intend to carry the handgun?
>>
>>33461304
As of now, no
>>
>>33461169
best advice ITT coming from the kebab
>>
File: IMG_1752.png (1MB, 1530x958px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1752.png
1MB, 1530x958px
>>33461242
Why not? What've you got against revolvers?

Pic related is a m1911, which is my personal favorite model of semiauto
>>
>>33461108
Well since you're a grill. Maybe like a ruger LCP n' you could get pink camo grip for it.

Do you wants a normal size pistol or a compact.

Any idea what caliber.

You'd probably be fine with a 38 or 9

Is it for fun or is it an anti raper utility kit.
>>
>>33461368
I just would not prefer it as my first gun t.bh
>>33461386
Compact

9mm

For both
>>
>>33461108
I got my CZ P-09 for about 500 bucks. Damn good gun, accurate, light recoil.
>>
>>33461321
Then I would suggest to go with a fullsize handgun, if you can comfortably hold it. Also to consider a steel frame, rather than aluminum or polymer. A larger, heavier handgun is easier to shoot.

Specifically, I would suggest the CZ75B.
>>
>>33461427
S&W M&Pc or something of similar size like a Glock 26.
>>
>>33461108
cz rami

its compact and awesome
>>
File: STEYR-PISTOL-M9-A1.png (401KB, 789x600px) Image search: [Google]
STEYR-PISTOL-M9-A1.png
401KB, 789x600px
>>33461108
Steyr
>>
>>33461427
If you have trouble racking it just practice a few times a week. Make sure its empty first.

Beretta Nano
Ruger LCP
Glock 36

They make baby 1911s too. I just don't remember who makes them.
>>
>>33461850
>They make baby 1911s too. I just don't remember who makes them.

sig
>>
>>33461427
I figured to throw these ones out there because they are all established brands
>>
>>33461869
I wish i hadda frame fer won

I could make my own baby by myself
>>
>>33461141

This is actually good advice taking into account the reliability of all these choices and how easy it'll be to find parts/magazines for at a good price. If you intend to conceal carry the glock 26 and glock 43 are reliable and accurate for their compact size.

Anon's suggestions are mid sizes, they're small enough where it's possible to conceal but large enough to be in a gun fight with. There's nothing wrong with a full size gun but midsizes are kind of awesome and really convenient.

I'm not saying this because you're a "girl" (I know you're probably a faggot) but a 9mm is the way to go for either gender you identify with but 40 S&W is alright. My personal favorite you can find at most gunshops for around $570 are the Talo Glock 19. They're worth the extra $60 for those already sighted in steel fiber/night sights.
>>
The most common gun bought by women is a compact 9mm glock.

Practice at the range with it and see how you like it.
>>
Also, all these people suggesting compacts are assuming you want it for carry.

>>33461469

This anon is correct, a heavier gun with a wider sight radius in the same caliber will have less felt recoil and be more accurate and it will probably have a larger magazine capacity too.
>>
>>33461928
ywn craddle your newly built babby sig chambered in .30 luger for no particular reason
>>
>>33461209
how weak do you have to be to not be able to rack a slide on an automatic? I have chicken arms and can do so effortlessly
>>
>>33462038
Women have approximately half the upper body strength as men, with almost no overlap in distribution. Unless you're crippled or sick, even you can overpower >99% of women.

While handgun slides can be operated by any healthy man, there is a significant portion of healthy women that find it difficult.
>>
>>33461108
I took my friend shooting a few weeks back. She's 5'2 and a little over 100 pounds. She really enjoyed the compact Sigs and the Springfield XD. I'm 6'4 and found the same result.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.