[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does an enlisted intelligence MOS do in the army? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0697.jpg (71KB, 393x462px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0697.jpg
71KB, 393x462px
What does an enlisted intelligence MOS do in the army? I've heard a lot of ambiguous answers. Is it possible to enlist with an intel contract and then get your top secret clearance denied?
>>
>>33459206
You probably shouldn't post on /k/ if you want clearance
>>
>>33459206
You're always going to get ambiguous answers. Not even your recruiter is going to know exactly what a 35 series MOS does. Mine didn't.
>Is it possible to enlist with an intel contract and then get your top secret clearance denied?
Yes. But as long as you tell the truth in your interviews and polygraphs, you'll be fine.

>>33460056
Don't be retarded. They don't even ask about you internet history.
>>
File: 1489708523781.gif (2MB, 659x609px) Image search: [Google]
1489708523781.gif
2MB, 659x609px
>>33459206
I went in as a 35M. Definitely recommend the job. Did one tour in Iraq back in 2007.

The job is definitely fun. I got attached to an infantry unit (BCT from 3rd ID). You get to run around doing grunt shit with the added bonus of still being a PIG.

As far as getting denied your clearance I didn't hear or run into anyone who got denied their TS going in. There were some dudes who got it revoked after several DUI's. When/if you do get denied you got recycled into needs of the army which meant at the time I was in was either 88M, 11B, or one of the 13 series.
>>
>>33460133
Mikes are fags. Novembers a best.
>>
>>33460133
I knew a guy who was denied because some bad credit.
>>
>>33460169
There is always that. The idea being if you are really desperate for money, who's to say you won't sell govt secrets.
>>
>>33460169
Like I said, I didn't personally run into anyone who got denied.

>>33460153
>Novembers
Nerd
>>
>>33460133
I heard you don't do shit in garrison though.
>>
>>33460622
That's true. Garrison is boring as fuck, but that's also a lot of MOS Anon.
>>
35F, lots of God damn maps, lots of PowerPoint products, and breifings.

Nobody is every satisfied and your work is never done. Also, don't forget that people who don't know shit will always think they know how to do your job and better than you can as they try to micromanage you to death.

In short, we are a jack of all trades but master of none. We steal from others and make it so pvt joe and the general can understand it at the 6th grade level Calibri font size 12 can read it.
>>
>>33460745
This is kind of unrelated but can you get a TS clearance if you were given an administrative discharge?
>>
>>33461535
Yes
>>
>>33459206
Not OP, but thinking heavily of enlisting. Obviously there is no catch-all answer, but what Intel MOS will probably make me hate my life the least?
Or better yet, is the army even the best choice if I wanted to do intel?
>>
>>33465269
Army Intel is a good choice dude. I was 11b but my brother was 35m (Humint)then went counter Intel. Loved it everyday but it all depends on you and your mind set. Compare the shit you see online outside of here and decide from there.
>>
>>33465285
>35m (Humint)
My brother is in the army too (13b I think) and he told me to go 35m as well

Must be pretty dope
>>
>>33465364
Navy equivalent of 35p here.
Ive worked with the Mikes, and they do have a pretty slick job really, but when they're in garrison they all become motor pool. Which IMO isnt really a bad gig but i hate desk jobs, which is what we all get stateside.
>>
>>33459206
Weather reports. Tell the commander there's a zero percent chance of rain with a lame local news channel looking slideshow during his morning brief in the field. Have it rain immediately after. Change all slides to 1% chance of rain every day thereafter.
>>
>>33459206

You are going to make little faggoty slideshows about bullshit that no one cares about. More or less. And sweep hallways and pick up trash and shit. However, even though you are just a powerpoint monkey your command will want to pretend they are a bunch of James Bonds so you will do shitty things and pretend to be infantry without doing any fun infantry stuff like actually firing your weapon.

Yes, you can enlist and have your clearance denied. If that happens you go needs of the Army. Have fun being a cook.
>>
>>33465400
Eh, there are worse fates than being paid (and housed/fed for free) to sweep shit up.
>>
>>33465448
Where did the intel man touch you
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.