[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hello /k/ prospective gun owner here for a long time now I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Glock-19-9mm_main-1.jpg (120KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Glock-19-9mm_main-1.jpg
120KB, 1000x1000px
hello /k/ prospective gun owner here

for a long time now I have thought about buying various guns. truth is I have a hard time justifying the expense since I don't really have a "need" for it (when compared to food/rent/gas)

however now I am getting more motivated to buy a gun, but I am pretty stingy with my cash to go out and buy a 1000+ handgun that meets my fancy when a glock can meet my needs and not cost more.

so i am making this thread for two reasons, one I want to hear about why a glock is a good purchase (specifically I am looking at a 9mm glock to start with that I can modify to shoot full auto with proper tools/ATF stamps). This seems like a cost effective way to get the utility out of a gun as well as have fun.

secondly I want to hear what makes more expensive handguns inherently better than a glock (for example HK USP, 1911, etc.) and worth the extra money

also feel free to compare calibers that aren't 9mm, I am just fixing on this because of it's price.
>>
File: wrongkiddo.png (47KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
wrongkiddo.png
47KB, 500x420px
>>33450353
>that I can modify to shoot full auto with
>>
>>33450380
http://www.survivalops.com/product/full-auto-and-select-fire-glock-kits/

also there are youtube videos? do they not perform reliably when fully automatic?
>>
>>33450353
There are plenty of pistols in the Glock price range from Ruger, S&W, CZ, etc. EAA makes guns that are cheaper but also good quality. Forget about converting your pistol to F/A, legally anyway.
>>
>>33450425
>Forget about converting your pistol to F/A, legally anyway.
why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWKvaSiNOAc

I just think this video is cool and would be nice to shoot a gun like that. I have fired many firearms before, I just don't own one now
>>
File: 1489960145867-aco.jpg (221KB, 500x764px) Image search: [Google]
1489960145867-aco.jpg
221KB, 500x764px
>>33450447
Fucking newfag, lurk moar or lern2google
>>
>>33450447
Because the Hughes amendment made it impossible for any full auto firearms to get a tax stamp after '86.
>>
>>33450353
You can't modify a firearm to make it automatic. Ever. At all.

Well, let me rephrase. You can, but once big brother finds out you're in for a world of hurt.

If you're this much of a greasy jew with your money don't bother buying a gun. It's an expensive hobby. Even if you spend $500 bucks on a glock, you're still looking at thousands in ammo and accessories. Not to mention all the extra money you'll spend once you realize glocks aren't all that great and you want a nicer pistol.
>>
>>33450353
Anon, I am sorry to inform you, but there is no legal way for you to create a full auto G19/ Glock 18 clone. Look up the Hughes amendment.

If you are dedicated enough, you could become an FFL and then purchase a 'dealer sample', but this sounds outside your budget commitments.

You really should do some more googling on gun laws...
>>
It will cost you 1000 bucks for the special occupational tax alone in order the legally convert any semi auto handgun to fully auto or burst fire. Don't waste your time with this. Just get a Glock and enjoy it's semi-auto semplicity.
>>
>>33450353

Just buy a Canik 55 SA9 for less than $350. It comes with 2 17 round mags, a cleaning rod and brush, a holster, a loading tool, and a lock all in a plastic case. Then you'll have a roll of cash left over for ammo and range fees.

Glocks are overrated and over priced.
>>
This took me 5 seconds of googling:

https://thearmsguide.com/2349/full-auto-is-legal/
>>
>>33450353
Become a state-licensed security guard, then buy a Glock Blue Label gun for $399-450, saving $100 per gun. Guards are limited to ONE purchase per year. Cops can buy two/year.
>>
File: Handgun_collection_m.jpg (212KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
Handgun_collection_m.jpg
212KB, 500x337px
>>33450353
>why a glock is a good purchase
price, reliability, you can find them plus their after market in every gun store and theyre all the same. You shoot one glock youve more or less shot them all. Its not like beretta or smith and wesson that have various models and types of those models. A glock is a glock. theyre perfect for somebody that is getting into guns and doesnt plan on being a gun guy with a wide collection. Get 1-3 of them and call it a day

>secondly I want to hear what makes more expensive handguns inherently better than a glock (for example HK USP, 1911, etc.) and worth the extra money
mostly preference, and like I said a better variety to choose from. Some of those that you mentioned are DA/SA or SAO triggers, which will be very different from a glock

what you need to do is figure out what you want first. Go to a gun store, handle or even rent a few different types. dont be afraid to ask a clerk for help, they love that shit and it shows youre not snooty. I always tell people to follow the 3 C's
>comfort
make sure its comfortable in the hand, in a holster and to shoot. Its not going to be worn in like a pair of shoes
>cost efficiency
its good you have a price range in mind, 4-500 range is good for a handgun, esepecially for a first gun
>common sense
choose something sensible, dont go for the cool special snowflake factor yet. Like Ii saw a dude buy a .44 magnum for his first gun ever because he thought it was cool. dont be that guy

look into local laws as well, make sure you know what you can buy and any self defense rules. maybe take a safety course, at worst youll have to socialize and meet some like minded folks. You might find different stores have different deals
>this glock is a little cheaper, but this sig comes with an extra mag ect
so if youre really stuck get a list of ideas and come back here with it

I also recommend putting 1-200 dollars aside for a good safe,holster or accessories you might want.
>>
>>33450353
>(specifically I am looking at a 9mm glock to start with that I can modify to shoot full auto with proper tools/ATF stamps
You literally can't. Google 1986 machine gun ban.
>>
>>33450353
The Glock 19 is one of the greatest handguns ever invented, there's literally no negative to buying one. It's accurate, extremely reliable, and easy to maintain. Yeah, it's boring, but it is a tool, effectiveness and ease of use are always more important.

Trying to make it full auto is retarded as shit though, so just throw that idea in the trash.
>>
>>33450938
very informative post, thanks

>>33450984
>>33450530
>>33450498
>>33450481
>>33450476
thanks for the info, i guess no full auto glock for me. i figured converting to to full auto wouldve been a great way to tinker with the gun and learn hands on about the mechanism.

do glocks require much maintenance? im the kind of gut that waits a little while to change my oil/rotate my tires. will i fuck up the gun by forgoing the cleaning to maybe a few times a year? assuming i dont use it more than 1-2 times a month
>>
>>33451048
>do glocks require much maintenance?
bumping for answer on this
>>
Glocks are relatively low maintenance. If you clean it after you shoot a couple hundred rounds through it, and then oil it, it will last forever. You don't need to maintain it really - the oil on it won't disappear while it's sitting in a safe or go bad like the gas in a car. People still regularly purchase guns that have been sitting in crates since the World War era.
>>
>>33451671
Not really. I'm autistic about mine, and give it a deep clean after each time I go to the range, but frankly, you don't need that much. Just run some patches through the thing every couple hundred rounds or so, and give the slide a little oil, and you're good to go.
>>
>>33451671
Not really. If we're talking a bone stock factory gun, you could run a pretty high round count without maintenance. That doesn't mean you should.
Watch some torture tests on youtube
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.