[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/akg/ AK General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 90

File: 8837458.jpg (33KB, 624x416px) Image search: [Google]
8837458.jpg
33KB, 624x416px
AK General /akg/
Top Cover Charging Handle Edition
>Thread #258

Old thread here >>33436462
>>
>AK Buyer's Guide

http://pastebin.com/YdEkhdva
>>
File: Almost done para FAL.jpg (1MB, 3008x2067px) Image search: [Google]
Almost done para FAL.jpg
1MB, 3008x2067px
Is peestol :^

DSA will be delivering my stock hinge sometime this week, had to put off ordering some DSA parts because I was in auctions for the same surplus parts
>>
>>33448213
fugg >>33448133
>>
File: image.jpg (372KB, 715x860px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
372KB, 715x860px
Am I weird for actually preferring right side charging handles?

Thinking about it, the AK has a lot of things that I actually prefer that seem to be often touted as negatives (maybe not negatives but compared to the counterpart AR features as being inferior) of the design
>right side charging handle
>reciprocating charging handle
>rock and lock mags
>>
>>33448230
Reciprocating is superior
>>
>>33448230
I like all these things but my favorite ergos of any gun I've used so far has been my FAL. Tavor was actually decent too tho
>>
>>33448230
Ak is my favorite, will be the ony rifles i buy for a while.
>>
>>33448230
I love my AK's but I absolutely hate the right side charging handle and rock n lock mags.
>>
>>33448230
I'm right handed but shoot left handed so it's perfectly fine for me. I like reciprocating charging handles because it gives me something to manhandle if I need to.
>>
>>33448357
Rock and lock mags are objectively superior to AR style mags in several respects. Not all, but several.
>>
>>33448266
I believe it is too but it's often touted as inferior to non reciprocating

>>33448297
I was gonna say in my post that the FAL is mine too. If they stuck a charging handle on right side of the bolt and cut out a slot for it on the right side of the receiver it'd be in my opinion the perfect layout of controls. The mag and bolt release locations of the FAL are my favorite on any rifle

A rifle with a short stroke piston, right side reciprocating charging handle, FAL or AR style fire selector, rock and lock mags, and FAL style bolt and mag release would be my perfect rifle
>>
>>33448171
they go fast when arg/autists throw shit at each other
>>
>>33448213

I'd ask in brg but that general is a fucking shitheap so: how is DSA's stuff? Decent for the money or am I better off building from parts off an imbel receiver or are those a thing of the past now? I don't shoot a whole lot of .308/7.62x51 but I enjoy shooting battle rifles every now and then.
>>
>>33448390
>FAL style bolt
FAL style bolt release, not bolt
>>
>>33448415
DSA is ok, but the Imbel kits will be nicer.
>>
>>33448157
Why in the fuck would you want that tactifagoti bullshit? The manual of arms for a normal AK is superior to anything you get from that piece of shit, and OH LOOK there's an optica rail youve rendered completely useless, have fun maintaining zero with your gas tube mounted garbage.

0/tacticunt, would not piss on if it were in fire.
>>
>>33448389
While using both AR's and AK's I've never found one way in which rock and lock is superior over AR style for me.
>>
>>33448472
>insert
>tap
>tug
>charge
>>
>>33448389
>AR-15
>tap mag too hard create double feed
>???
>dead
>>
>>33448472
Because it locks up easily and solidly without having to tap or tug to make sure your mag isn't going to fall out, and they're stupidly simple
>>
>>33448529
>be military grade STANAG fresh out the factory
>double feed
>need replacing after 300 rounds
>>
File: push_it_0.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
push_it_0.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>33448472
Its a more solid locking system, less prone to issues once seated. Imo
>>
Can you fit a WASR style stock on an NPAP?
>>
>>33448531
>Because it locks up easily and solidly
mine always get crooked or inserted wrong on the front lug and I have to dick around with it to get it in right.

>without having to tap or tug to make sure your mag isn't going to fall out,
i've never had an AR mag fall out. I just cram it in there and it's in there. AR style is FAR superior to AK style to me.
I guess if someone isn't firm enough when inserting an AR mag then yeah it could fall out. but if you just shove it up in there hard enough to lock it in then you're good to go.

>and they're stupidly simple
this is how I would describe AR mags. just shove it in.

again, I love my AK, I'm not bashing AKs, I just hate the mag system.
>>
>>33448585
>hating arguably the best mag system overall.
Shin diggity.
>>
>>33448472
Here's my spiel, numbered for max autism

1. Naturally ambidextrous

2. No question of whether or not it's fully seated, you can easily seat a fully loaded mag on a closed bolt, which can't be said for the AR

3. Easy to tell if the mag has fallen out accidentally. It will fall out immediately. On an AR, you can have the button pressed and the mag may only drop out a couple millimeters. You won't know it's falling out til you take your first shot and the mag drops to the ground.

4. Harder to accidentally release the mag if the mag catch gets accidentally pressed on a buckle or whatever. Even with gating it's really easy to accidentally depress the mag release of an AR if you have the rifle slung, which can lead to problems described in #3

5. Harder to fuck up inserting a new magazine. If you beer can grip an AR mag too high, when you try to insert it, your fingers will hit the magwell. If you grab the mag low, it's harder to have fine control over the top of the mag which makes it harder to line up with the magwell without having really good muscle memory.

These are all 100% objective points. The biggest drawback in my opinion is that the design necessitates steel locking lugs because putting force on a loaded AK mag will put a lot of stress on the lugs.
>>
Daughter was AK74. Whos the best. She also likes plum furniture
>>
>>33448667

4 is the only one i'll agree with, but having an AR mag accidentally release has never happened to me. I'm not saying it cannot happen, but in about 11 years of owning an AR it has never happened to me.

I can only speak for myself so I'll say this. I have had ZERO problems ever inserting or removing an AR mag. I constantly have to fiddle with AK mags to get the front lug locked in before it can be rocked back. maybe it's just me. maybe I'm the only person out there in the whole wide world that has a problem with the rock n lock. who knows.
>>
>>33448752
Dude look it up, all of that shit are known issues with AR mags. Just because you've never heard of them doesn't mean they aren't known issues.
>>
>>33448752
I've seen AR mag fuckups happen many many times. As for the front lug troubles, it sounds like you're inserting the mag too vertically. Insert the mag at a steep angle, with the front lug first, then make a motion like you're trying to scrape the front trunnion with the front lug. It will lock up perfectly every single time, unless something is just weird about your AK.
>>
>>33448554
Jeez, this guy can barely do a push-up.
He really needs to get in shape.
>>
>>33448798
I never said that they cannot happen or don't happen.
They have never happened to me.
I constantly have problems inserting AK mags if I try to do it quickly.
When I insert an AR mag, I slam it in and it locks in.
When I hit the release button it drops to the ground.
That's it. It's that simple.
I'm not saying AR mags are superior.
I'm saying that for me, I have less problems with AR mags than I do with AK mags.

>>33448850
>unless something is just weird about your AK.
I will fully admit that it's user error. I have 4 AK's and it happens with every one.
I've practiced and trained and watched videos and all kinds of other things, but sometimes that front lug just gets too far this way or not far enough that way and the next thing you know I'm having to pull the mag out and start over.
>>
>>33448746
where my thicc tantal
>>
File: tantal.jpg (92KB, 969x774px) Image search: [Google]
tantal.jpg
92KB, 969x774px
>>33448930
>>
File: IMG_0300.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_0300.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>33447911
Not only was that piece of glass produced where I work, I only had to take a short walk from my office to find the exact fixture it was measured on. Here's the logo corner.

If I'm reading your date code right, that glass rolled out of the furnace on February 17th 2016.

The more you know.
>>
>>33449025
That's actually pretty WHACK!
>>
>>33448667
>2. No question of whether or not it's fully seated, you can easily seat a fully loaded mag on a closed bolt, which can't be said for the AR

>4. Harder to accidentally release the mag if the mag catch gets accidentally pressed on a buckle or whatever. Even with gating it's really easy to accidentally depress the mag release of an AR if you have the rifle slung, which can lead to problems described in #3
I'll only agree with these. #2 literally happened to me sunday, but a good smack made the mag seat. #4 is pretty obvious. AR mag release can be too easy to hit sometimes.
>>
>>33448157
But they could have just mirrored the carrier and cover...
>>
File: AK12.jpg (145KB, 756x711px) Image search: [Google]
AK12.jpg
145KB, 756x711px
>>33449010
>That pic

I'm going to think of this every damn time I change furniture now.
>>
>>33449086
damn right you are, you fucking degenerate. Youre lucky i dont post the bare muff ones with her buttstock popping off
>>
>>33448472
I honestly prefer the AK's method of reloading and mags in general. No double feed from slamming it come. Its alot easier to rack in on a closed bolt and its alot more secure because steel locking lugs keep it firmly in place.
Ill admit that AR mags are easier to load in a hurry and are typically easier to store or carry alot of.
>>
>>33449056
Nigga you can't disagree that the AK mag release is naturally ambidextrous. It's literally a fact. The only one that is questionally subjective is #5.
>>
File: IMG_2710.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2710.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>33448390
Sorry just got home
>not sure if i got trip right on mobile either, this was a temp one anyways

DSA's old forged stuff is good quality, about as good as you can get in the US at least besides surplus, their accessories are all pretty decent too, as well as their barrels. The only place they've really had trouble with recently is new receivers being a bit out of spec, but I'm not sure exactly how "recent" it is. If it's secondhand SA58s or Grayslake/LMT receivers you're good to go, just be wary of new production SA58, and avoid Voyagers all together. Gonna make some food and check back if you want a "why" or if some of this shit is just typed badly, I'm inna mobile
>>
File: NinjaFace.jpg (40KB, 444x404px) Image search: [Google]
NinjaFace.jpg
40KB, 444x404px
>>33449144
>Youre lucky i dont post the bare muff ones with her buttstock popping off

DO IT NOW.
>>
>>33449195
>It's literally a fact.

A fact that is overshadowed by the rest of it not being ambi.

MOUNT AN OPTIC WITH THE SIDE-RAIL AND THEN TELL ME HOW AMBI THE AK IS.
>>
File: IMG_7835.jpg (1MB, 1469x1102px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7835.jpg
1MB, 1469x1102px
>>
>>33448390
Woops, accidentally replied to you instead of >>33448415

But also while I'm making this post, I'm surprised you'd throw the CH on the right side. I'm alright with it on the AK because of the relatively light springs but no fucking way am I doing a reach under charge on my FAL easily. I actually like the left side better because after rocking in a mag it's easy to either use the bolt release or run the handle with my left hand. I'd say para FAL with a sandcut carrier and CH would easily win my ergos top spot because of how intuitive each part of it is, like adding the wall for rock in mags as a guide
>>
>>33449224
Are you retarded or trolling? He has optics for his AKs
>>
>>33449292
>Implying lefties can use optics like >>33449246 with ease
>>
>>33449292

I think he means the Russian-style optics that are offset to the left. I can imagine they'd be a pain to use if you're a lefty.
>>
File: IMG_2557.jpg (1MB, 3264x1534px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2557.jpg
1MB, 3264x1534px
>>33449312
>>33449327
He had a kobra up till recent, I'm pretty sure he has another optic somewhere too

Also I've got a PO 4x24 and practice both right and left handed with all my guns, it's not very complicated at all
>>
>>33449280
I kind of meant that in the hypothetical rifle I was talking about wishing having had those features. As is on an FAL I agree the charging handle one the right wouldn't be good, but if it were lighter and smaller and maybe firing an intermediate caliber then yes, definitely
>>
>>33449344
>RH biased scope mount
>I can lefty just fine guise
Having tried it myself and it being uncomfortable as all hell I call bullshit unless you are rubber man.
>>
>>33449379
>rh biased scope mount

This is how I know you're bullshitting, the optic is offset to the left which actually makes it even better suited for a lefty than a righty. Shooting with one right handed means you actually need to take your head almost off the stock to use it, whereas shooting left handed all I need to do is push my cheek/chin a bit more into the stock and everything comes into view

>>33449368
Oh I get what you mean now, I think there's a few AR uppers that do something like that actually. Not sure how good they are though
>>
>>33449411
>the optic is offset to the left which actually makes it even better suited for a lefty than a righty.
The scope is not even in the middle of the rifle, it's on the complete opposite side of the rifle for you and you're telling me you can use it no prob? I call bullshit.
>>
File: w1.jpg (673KB, 1142x857px) Image search: [Google]
w1.jpg
673KB, 1142x857px
>>33449312

>not knowing the venezuelan pk-a is centered over the bore
>>
File: AKdoggo.jpg (678KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AKdoggo.jpg
678KB, 1920x1080px
What price range would I be looking at for a set of plum handguards with flecks and a decent amount of red in it?
>>
File: IMG_2445.jpg (483KB, 1142x1970px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2445.jpg
483KB, 1142x1970px
>>33449446
>i call bullshit

That's ok I guess, I only fuckin own one and keep it mounted on my rifle. How the fuck would I know what the sight picture looks like
>even pretending like it's a far offset
>>
>>33448438

I believe what he meant to say was 'This modification does not suit my liking as it renders the left side optical rail useless. They probably should have put a bit more thought into this.'
>>
>>33449368
You mean like an FNC?
>>
>>33449224
Dude
I'm just talking about the mag locking technology
You don't have to like AKs at all, but the mag release works exactly the same from either side you use it. That's ambi.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>33449525
No, the FNC doesn't have rock and lock mags. FNC mags are pretty much STANAG mags that are ever so slightly different, but normal old STANAG mags work in them. The FNC is a whole lot more than just an intermediate caliber scaled down right side charging FAL
>>
>>33448389
I can't think of a single thing I like more about AR mags. enlighten me

what really threw me off was loading my FAL the first time. it's like a very slight rock and lock
>>
>>33449697
>tfw no FNC
It's probably the preban I lust over the most, even more than Tigers and 56-2s and shit

>>33449702
There is more support around the magazine to protect it from forces pushing left or right on the mag, and they can be made reliably fully out of plastic whereas steel lugs on an AK mag are a necessity, making AK mags more expensive.

Another drawback of the AR style mags is how tight the magwell is, if it gets cruddy in there it can really make it hard to get mags in and out.
>>
>>33449786
One of the guys in our TeamSpeak server has an FNC. I'm nagging him in hopes of getting him to convert it into an AK5 because that's cool as fuck and RTG has the parts.

On a real AK note, anyone ever have a mag that gets stuck in the magwell and won't come out without extreme force on the release lever? One of the Russian mags I just got locks up hard like that while the other is as smooth as my PMAG. I'm hesitant to modify my mag release so I'm wondering where I need to sand down the mag itself or if that will even help.
>>
>>33448157
Would a slant brake ever cause the bullet to drop so far to the right and down that I have to adjust all the way to the right and all the way down just to get on target at 25yds? Might have got a lemon PSAK-47, sending it in for repair of a canted barrel. Looks like I'll get the new forged parts too since I bought mine a month or two ago.
>>
>>33449910
Sounds like your rear lug is a bit large, just measure that against a smooth mag and check results

>>33449786
>tfw no fnc autosear

Other than an Auto-5 it's one of the few FN rifles I still want to add to my collection
>>
>>33449786
>its probably the preban I lust over the most
SAME. Something about those lines and that slab sided receiver makes me diamonds, also i have a hard on for most Scandinavian service rifles.
>>
>>33449910
There was a guy on Reddit that converted an FNC to an AK5C, which has even harder to find parts. Didn't realize RTG had AK5 parts. Cool stuff. I want to at least shoot one some day because it looks like it has amazingly low recoil in the videos.

I've had that happen before, where the mag release won't budge, and when it does give away it gives away suddenly. Never had one require an extrodinary amount of pressure to release it though. Usually those are the especially tight fitting mags where you can watch the mag catch inch forward slowly as you rock it in, because there's barely enough clearance for the mag catch to catch.
>>
>>33450008
When you say Auto 5 you're talking about the Browning shotgun, when they were made in Belgium by FN? I have an Auto 5, can't remember if it's Belgium or Browning though. My dad has a Sweet 16 that's Belgian. A true sweet 16, not a 16 gauge Auto 5. My deceased grandfather had an Auto 5 as well but I'm not sure of the origin on it. My grandmother has not passed that one down.

>>33450020
I also love the early Scar prototypes with FNC style lower receivers.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33449786
I lusted after one for a while because they are pretty cool, but I've just accepted that I'll never get one unless I get super lucky and find one for cheap. The lust is worse with newer production/more available guns with me simply because they're so close yet so far; they're easily available and affordable but I just know I shouldn't spend the money

The preban guns I've always lusted over the most are Galils. I've wanted to collect R4 parts and have an R4 clone built for a long time but who knows if I'll ever go through with it

>>33450008
Auto 5s are cool. I kind of regret selling mine, but they're easily available and pretty cheap and they just work and work and work. My old one was a 1946 gun, manufactured at FN at the tail end of their first year of starting production back up after the war. They're an absolute pain in the ass strip though (which you shouldn't really need to do but mine was really filthy and legitimately hadn't been opened up since 1946 as the staked screws were still 100% factory) that was the one thing I hated about mine. Long recoil in general is just really cool. I'd love Model 8 someday
>>
File: IMG_5139.jpg (39KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5139.jpg
39KB, 480x320px
>>33450095
>>
>>33450134
Why'd you sell it?
>>
>>33450095
Yea, I want a nice Belgian 12gauge with one full length barrel and one SBS barrel. Short Auto-5s are fuckin sexy
>>
>>33450148
early SCAR a best SCAR
>>
>>33450148
Fug thats hott.

>grip looks like a tapco saw style.
>>
>>33449920
Pls respond ;_;
TL;DR, can slant brake completely throw off aim or do I have a canted barrel?
>>
>>33450229
Yes.
>>
>>33450151
I bought it specifically because I wanted to shoot clays and start bird hunting , and wanted an Auto 5 because they're neat but you're not supposed to shoot steel shot in them (you can but it'll start to put a ring in your barrel around your choke because the older barrels were meant for lead shot) so I sold it

I traded an SMLE that cost me $150 for the Auto 5, and the money I got from the Auto 5 paid for my Obzor. It was all in my favor and was worth it, but it was a neat gun. I'd like to buy another someday but I'm in no hurry as they're everywhere
>>
>>33450229
The slant brake has nothing to do with it

>>33450256
Careful or Zed will be in here talking about friction rings in no time. I saw him posting yesterday.
>>
>>33449920
Did you try taking the brake off and taking note of POI?
>>
>>33450367
Holy shit that's a name I haven't heard in forever. Thinking of old trips makes me feel weird
>>
>>33450420
No cuz I'm a fuckin retard. Will do. It seems kinda ridiculous that the front sight post is basically touching the right side of the aperture though.
>>
>>33450229
A slant brake shifted your point of impact? or had you not sighted the rifle in at all?
Sounds like you have canted sights if you havent sighted the rifle in before now....Although I will say that I had a C39v2 that when the slant brake was installed it shifted my POI by like a foot high at 100 yards.
>>
>>33448213
who fucking cares?
not an AK, just a blog post
>>
>>33450148
That's way more aesthetic than their current production. Especially the stock.

They should definitely do a run of these. Such a shame.
>>
>>33450713
I agree but I don't think there's enough demand for FN to even think twice about it. They have much bigger money makers. They can't even get the MK20 on the US market because they're so busy with higher priority military demands. I could imagine something aftermarket from someone like Handl, but even then I'd say it's a stretch.
>>
File: 20170314_094442~2.jpg (2MB, 2964x1894px) Image search: [Google]
20170314_094442~2.jpg
2MB, 2964x1894px
>>
>>33448389
you ak fags are hilarious
keep posting please
>>
But seriously though the 10 year old wants a combloc, whats the information i need so i dont buy her a shitheap
>>
>>33448667
All these points are addressed in training, and eliminated with repetition. You should get out of the echo chamber and read/talk/take classes fro people who use/used this stuff for real, not spergplay.
>>
>>33448565
No. Wasr uses standard pap is snowflake
>>
>>33450827
Just get her an I.O.
They're made proudly in the US and about to get a contract with Spec Ops.
>>
File: IMG_2720.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2720.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>33450827
SLR-104fr

Also your image of a lower handguard coming off with the gas tube still on triggers the fuck out of me but your art is good

>>33450669
Speaking of blog posting:

I've gotta give all of pic related up because of insurance, otherwise I won't get the money back for it. Only thing I'm keeping from the claim is Tula plum mag
>>
>>33450809
He's right, though.

>easier to load on a closed bolt
>less chance of seating failure, no need to tap
>much more mechanically sound lockup
but
>increased size
>slower to reload
>>
>>33450863
I have owned multiple ARs and multiple AKs. These days I post in /arg/ practically as much as /akg/. I have seen everything I'm talking about in person. The worst affliction with AK style rock and lock is the potential for maglock, which as you pointed out, can easily be eliminated with training and repetition and familiarity. I can't remember the last time I got maglock. I think I was like 17 with my Saiga.

But I see you're one of the types that thinks I should pay people money to teach me how to think instead of figuring things out myself through trial and error. Which harshly decreases the value I hold on your opinion here.
>>
>>33450827
WASR-10 or N-PAP
only decent cheap rifles around right now
personally, I'd get the WASR (and I did) because of the chromed bore

>>33450880
hahaha
>>
>>33450934
But if you don't pay 500 dollars for some overwight POG's opinion on how to get out of a 25 on 1 gunfight how will you ever get that sub .1 second flawless reload??
>>
>>33447532
>>33447550
The offer is still up
This will be the last thread I try give it away before I take it out to the desert and shoot it
>>
>>33450962
how long did that take to print?
>>
>>33450975
About 14 hours
Cost me about $3 in filament and power
I used PETG because it won't melt in a hot car or anything under boiling temperature
Wouldn't want to be plinking and your grip melts in your hand
>>
>>33451004
Have you made anything else that is interesting?
I've considered getting a printer but I just haven't seen enough cool projects to force me to spend perfectly good guns and ammo money on it.
>>
File: Carbines4.jpg (368KB, 887x738px) Image search: [Google]
Carbines4.jpg
368KB, 887x738px
>>33450809
Fuck you, I have both.
>>
>printing vertically
Holy fuck anon what are you doing
>>
>>33450888
>Also your image of a lower handguard coming off with the gas tube still on triggers the fuck out of me but your art is good

Im doing the best i can here I CANT MEMORIZE EVERYTHING
>>
>>33451055
AR15s are like opinions, everyones got one and theyre all shit.
>>
>>33451055
unaesthetic
>>
>>33450958
I don't totally disagree with the idea of classes, but when I see videos of people magdumping cardboard silhouettes from 10 yards away and then transitioning to their sidearm for some inexplicable reason and magdumping it, and then spinning their head around like a goddamn barn owl, it kind of makes me roll my eyes.

Seems good for learning some things like proper stance for shooting from awkward positions.

I love my LWRC and I love my AKs but I'm not going to pay some faggot $500 so he can change my mind on things that I have empirically learned to be true.

I'm not even dissing the AR, but the AK mag system has a host of advantages over the AR that are simply objective fact.
>>
File: IMG_2481.jpg (1MB, 3204x1702px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2481.jpg
1MB, 3204x1702px
>>33451063
Reeeeeeeee just fix it

>cleaning rod comes out
>top cover comes off
>bcg comes out
>flip gas tube lever
>gas tube comes off
>flip handguard retainer lever
>remove rear of handguard from receiver
>remove handguard retainer from front of handguard
>>
File: 20170322_094943~2.jpg (2MB, 3659x1604px) Image search: [Google]
20170322_094943~2.jpg
2MB, 3659x1604px
>>
>>33450008
>>33450031
I ended up taking a file and filing down the rear lug a bit. Mag wobbles a little bit in the magwell now, but it's not too severe and it no longer requires me to smash the floorplate of my other mag into the mag release to get the gun to spit it out.

The mag release still looks like it's "digging" into the bottom of the rear lug though, which is why it's still being more difficult than my other mags to remove. Not sure why, given that I filed both the top and bottom of the lug so it should be thinner overall.
>>
>>33451089
Classes in theory are a good idea but they always seem to end up becoming a LARPfest, simply because the actual training required for this stuff just requires you to repeatedly do boring shit over weeks or months time, actually shooting is one of the least important parts, the movement and awareness is what matters

But no one wants to go get told how to stand, draw, walk corners, etc for days on end. I've found reading books, watching some basic vids, and just spending hours doing the shit on my own at home has made me better than the """classes""" I've tried in the past

I've got a video of me at 2gun getting a double feed, clearing it, and getting back to shooting before the RO could decide whether to call a reshoot of the stage or not, I feel like that's where training is most important but it bores the shit out of normies when I try to talk about it
>>
>>33449010
Moar liek dis plz
>>33450508
My PSAK is that way. I'm trying to sell it though.
>>33451067
kek
>>
>>33451150
When you grip the mag to reload try keeping your hand "pushing" to the rear of the gun if that makes sense, sorta keeping it up in the magwell rather than pulled down ready to strip from the gun

One of my RPK-74 bakes like to catch the mag release slightly if I'm pulling while using the release as well
>>
>>33451067
>everyones got one and theyre all shit.
I know right? I only like mine.

>>33451076
My guns should have the aesthetic of a hammer. They're not meant to look pretty.
>>
File: 20170327_152437.jpg (2MB, 2848x3744px) Image search: [Google]
20170327_152437.jpg
2MB, 2848x3744px
>>33451122
Just picked up some hand guards like the ones in this pick although my lower hg seems to be missing vent slots while they are present on the top one? odd it seems
>>
>>33451047
I haven't made much for my AK
Just a mag clip to clip 2 mags together and this cuck grip

I've been experimenting with PETG and this is the 2nd thing I've printed with it

I've got a Presa I3 mk2 and it's really good

I've printed a shit ton with PLA though especially parts for a business I work at (I work part time at a custom gift shop so if someone needs a plaster mold of a cad I usually print it up and mold it with plaster then burn the pla out leaving an empty negative of the object)
>>
>>33450568
foot high? zeroed for 350m
>>
File: vepr and wasr 10 63.jpg (239KB, 550x977px) Image search: [Google]
vepr and wasr 10 63.jpg
239KB, 550x977px
Have not posted these birds in a while
>>
>>33451214
Mine are polish. Those look russian.
>>
>>33450827
draco cuz small
>>
>>33451214
That is a Russian AK-74 handguard set from the early 80's. It's normal.
>>
>>33448157
This concept angers and confuses me.
>>
File: 1473553345192.gif (104KB, 437x430px) Image search: [Google]
1473553345192.gif
104KB, 437x430px
>>33449144
>>33449010
Where could I find more of this, uhh... For research... Yes...
>>
dubs names my draco, will carve it into the handguards
>>
File: FB_IMG_1490495910223.jpg (1MB, 4145x1451px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1490495910223.jpg
1MB, 4145x1451px
hi. wanted to share
>>
>>33451377
Nice setup, how do you like the double hook sling ?
>>
File: IMG_20170319_101041-01.jpg (1MB, 2694x2500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170319_101041-01.jpg
1MB, 2694x2500px
>>33451377
Hi buddy.
>>
>>33451374
Malfoy
>>
>>33451374
Lil Niggo
>>
>>33451374
Mr. Hubbins
>>
why is nalioth such a nigger
>>
>>33451374
faggot
>>
>>33451495
Probably can't get pussy.
>>
>>33451280
Nahh, zeroed it for 100 yards and every time id swtich from factory brake which worked pretty well to a slant brake it would shift the POI that high
>>
>>33451374
yung savage
>>
File: 20170327_152612 (2).jpg (2MB, 2840x3744px) Image search: [Google]
20170327_152612 (2).jpg
2MB, 2840x3744px
>>33451328
Awesome, they are going on my SAR-2 tomorrow. scored them on the files for 25 bucks
>>
>>33451374
PENIS
>>
>>33451544
winnar
>>
>>33451544
Aaahhhhahaha
>>
>>33451544
WINRAR
>>
File: IMG_2556.jpg (49KB, 626x314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2556.jpg
49KB, 626x314px
>>33451548
Late laminate handguards are interesting
>>
>>33451569
Why?
>>
>>33451548
good cop for that price and that quality
>>
>>33451544
winrar
>i didnt buy it yet but ill post it late may when i finish this semester
>mfw no one will remember
>>
File: 20170327_152459.jpg (2MB, 2606x3453px) Image search: [Google]
20170327_152459.jpg
2MB, 2606x3453px
>>33451569
Any idea what the hole in the bottom is for?
>>
>>33451589
Water drainage
>>
>>33451544
shitty
>>
>>33451580
There's at least 3-4 variations and you can follow the evolution and et a sense of the tinkering there were doing in the factory at the same time polymer was being developed
>>
File: jazz for your soul.jpg (112KB, 1087x720px) Image search: [Google]
jazz for your soul.jpg
112KB, 1087x720px
>>33451569
Those look Bulgarian to me. Unless the lighting is just bad and I can't see the laminate lines.
>>
>>33451589
Drain hole

>>33451585
Don't think for a second I'm gonna let this one slide
>>
At some point they decided to line up the scallops
>>
File: IMG_3756.jpg (2MB, 4003x2649px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3756.jpg
2MB, 4003x2649px
>>33451644
Russian
>>
>>
>>33451644
They're almost definitely Russian, oooor possibly Ukie refurb replacement handguards but I'm not woke enough to tell the difference easily.

Definitely not Bulgarian though, notice the cross screw at the front to hold the laminate together. Just bad quality pic.

Good discussion
>>
>>33451644
tbqhfam i really dont like Bulgarian wood at all...it just seems so bland compared to Russian laminate
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsuHVpNoRqg
this album is so underrateed

>>33451699
It's incredibly bland, looks like shit
>>
>>33451569
>>33451589
>>33451646
>>33451665
>>33451687
Are most russian sets this color? I got a russian set thats a bright blonde and orange color.
>>
>>33451699
Bulgy wood looks fucking garbage. It has no character whatsoever, which is why so many people just paint over it with "muh Russian Red" or just flat black. Only country whose AKs I would VASTLY prefer in polymer over wood.
>>
>>33451756
I actualy like the current issue bulgarian polymer. It has those nice simple lines that differs from everything else
>>
>>33451746
Most non-refurb russians sets will look like that. The only blondish furniture that isn't refub is the real early stuff. gotta ssee it to say
>>
File: 20170312_153021.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170312_153021.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>33451746
depends on the finish really, the stock on my SAR-2 is a very light honey blonde but the hg's i got today are really dark amber and both are Russian, id bet my stock is a far newer production than my hg's are though.
pic related is my stock
>>
>>33451742
I've seen European Walnut Bulgarian furniture that is quite attractive, although that particular species is kind of sensual looking
>>
File: chillykrink.jpg (3MB, 4144x1504px) Image search: [Google]
chillykrink.jpg
3MB, 4144x1504px
>>33451784
>2017
>not having russian grey wood

Also, how could you not send Zasta the paint mixer with that larue box?
>>
>>33451793
your stock is a refurb, been saying a lot of them the past years

>>33451801
different strokes for different folks, not my taste

>>33451803
i havent gottena paint mixer from larue ever lol
>>
>>33451793
im almost sure your stock is original russian but it is refurbished. Hence the color. those handguards look nonrefurbished though. steal for $25.
>>
>>33451801
other than the fact that i hate the way the Bulgarians do their lightening cut, thats a pretty set of wood ill admit
>>
>>33451746
>>
>>33451831
>i havent gottena paint mixer from larue ever lol
You need to put "God bless america and god bless mark larue" in the order comments box. Its the secret promo code for dillo, 3 pocket constitutions, dillo dust, that one book about wagons and a paint mixer.
>>
>>33451875
He actually sent me all of that stuff minus the dillo and wagon book when I ordered a couple of mags from him last year.

Then again, I live in Austin, so I probably got local preference.
>>
>>33451401
I love it, having two moving swivels is so useful since I'm 6'4" @280 lbs with wide shoulders. makes transitioning from low ready to sight picture easy. I need to shoot more
I would love to a factory SBR from Arsenal someday, like some the tripfags here. although i don't know if theirs are Arsenal
>>
>>33451863
By and large it's Bulgarian shit isn't that aesthetic but I have one across European walnet sets thy were really nice that looked like pic related
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY4a4xyxh_Y
has anybody else listening or played this game

>>33451869
I've been talking about 74 furniture

>>33451875
thank you for these hacks
>>
>>33451899
factory sbrs are for cucks, get an sbr candidate and cut it down yourself, factory sbrs from kvar are expesive as hell for no reason
>>
>>33451856
a refurb? Hmm, ive found that most things you say to be pretty much the case but this stock came with no holes in the tang whatsoever. I actually had to do quite a bit of fitting.
i should mention it came directly from Russia, took like 3 weeks to get here.
>>
>>33451903
I've been listening to music from serious Japanese games about manly men fighting their way through organized crime conspiracies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdyOB-zpAs0
>>
>>33451928
Arsenal rifles are for cucks
>>
File: download (7).png (115KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
download (7).png
115KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>33451901
Nice burls in that figured walnut, i used to do some work with this stuff and its pretty pricey. Makes beautiful arm chairs though
>>
File: IMG_5246.jpg (1MB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5246.jpg
1MB, 2000x1500px
>>33451981
Shut it.

>spot the AK
>>
>>33451869
Mine is 74 furniture but similar to the bottom. Ill post it here in a bit
>>
File: IMG_3752.jpg (37KB, 750x511px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3752.jpg
37KB, 750x511px
I should get this ancient collimator in a few days, I hope it's functional kek
>>
>>33452012
Oi vey I didnt even realize you took this photo
>>
>>33452002
I used to work with custom desks at my last job. Figured walnut is gorgeous, but I'm wondering how an AK stock set would look in mesquite.
>>
>>33451939
oh then I'm definitely wrong on that. undrilled stocks are almost always factory replacement pieces kept by refurb arsenals to replace the stocks on issued rifles that have been too beat to shit to refurbish via refinishing. Does your stock have a square with a line through it? thats stone cold sure. for sure. surplus replacement stock from a refurb arsenal that nevr got used.

>>33451981
no u

>>33451991
is this supposed to make an image when i squint? i cant get anything out of it

>>33451971
not comfy
>>
>>33452012
Yugo third from the left ?
>>
>>33452031
>>
>>33452044
>not natty tula krink
Quality is p damn nice
>>
File: 1486571064250.jpg (115KB, 1200x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1486571064250.jpg
115KB, 1200x1195px
How much would it cost to have a colored bolt and possibly matching mags?
>>
>>33452031
Make me a desk. Mine is too small.
>>33452048
>left
Right
I mean wrong, it's turd from right
>>
File: 1483517963215.jpg (221KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483517963215.jpg
221KB, 1080x1080px
Where or when can I get a civilian legal AK 107?

I hear they are about the softest shooting tack driving ak''s out there
>>
File: download (9).png (231KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
download (9).png
231KB, 1024x768px
>>33452044
>>
>>33451746

The set of NOS non-vented Russian stuff I ordered from rusmilitary looks pretty much exactly like >>33451687

Worth the compromised card imo.
>>
>>33452078
however much a can of rustoleum costs in your desired color.
>>
File: 1409602043291.gif (477KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
1409602043291.gif
477KB, 500x358px
>>33452031
>I'm wondering how an AK stock set would look in mesquite.

Now that you mention it, so am I.
>>
>>33452028
Sneaky snake
>>
>>33452044
Yes it does have that mark on it, its similar to the marks on my Mosin stocks as well. Id guess that signifies a refurb or at least property of a refurb arsenal then?
>>
>>33452151
>gun gets hot
>suddenly starts to smell like someone's prepping a barbeque
>>
>>33452031
That desk is beautiful. Id like to see an AK stock set done in teak but that would be hella expensive and you'd have to waste alot of good wood to do it
>>
>>33451928
how do you do the barrel cutting safely, and thread the barrel?? any advice?
>>
File: 1407608829859.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1407608829859.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>33452186
>MFW
>>
File: finallyshort.jpg (995KB, 3987x2336px) Image search: [Google]
finallyshort.jpg
995KB, 3987x2336px
>>33452193
I did mine with a dremel and a 20 year old wood file
>>
>>33452087
a butterfly. or a clam
only thing i can see in the first one is a penis

>>33452166
means it was either made or refinished by the refurb arsenal, which is usually not the original factory

>>33452193
you don't thread the barel. just cut and crown

>>33452241
im suspicious of you
>>
>>33452186
>mag dump for an hour
>barrel turns to jelly
>the whole range smells like a barbeque, hoppes, and burnt gunpowder
Oh fuck
>>
>>33452241
How did you crown the barrel?
>>
File: folded.jpg (2MB, 3680x2752px) Image search: [Google]
folded.jpg
2MB, 3680x2752px
>>33452289
>im suspicious of you
I wouldnt have it any other way
>>33452303
You got me, it was a barrel extension :^)
>>
>>33452327
A2 grip is ddi krink guy

it's slowly coming together
>>
>>33452327
Oh alright, In that case you could have used a hacksaw and a pair of pliers for all I care, nice rifle bro. AKS-74u is on my list of tobuys for sure.
>>
>>33451585
Start tripping using that name
>>
File: FirstPizzaShooter.jpg (1MB, 1808x2816px) Image search: [Google]
FirstPizzaShooter.jpg
1MB, 1808x2816px
>>33452353
I wish I had a photo of me shaking hands with Zasta to further the conspiracy.

Are you ready for the ultimate redpill? There are multiple DDI krinks in existence one of the other owners posts here way more than me. He has a fuck ugly cat.
>>
File: OF2.png (1MB, 1455x531px) Image search: [Google]
OF2.png
1MB, 1455x531px
>>33452389
a BIG ugly cat
>>
File: photo-gallery-4-f.jpg (212KB, 1293x747px) Image search: [Google]
photo-gallery-4-f.jpg
212KB, 1293x747px
>>33452191
That's actually a kitchen island top done in mesquite.

This is one of the desks made by the company I used to work for. Absolutely stunning in person, but also about $1600 or more (desk was motorized and height-adjustable) and the desktop itself had a lead time of like 4-6 weeks at best half the time.

I learned so much about nice woods working there that I'm embarrassed to still be using a cheapo Ikea desktop for my gaming PC.

Then again, the money I would've spent on a desk has gone into guns instead, so it worked out.
>>
>>33452389
I didnt know you had any relation to zasta, but im pretty sure i know more about the situation youre describing than you realize
>>
File: Srebrencia.jpg (1MB, 1838x2878px) Image search: [Google]
Srebrencia.jpg
1MB, 1838x2878px
>>33452402
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nTpsv9PNqo
>>
>>33452289
don't you need to thread it for the krink muzzle device?
>>
File: THEFINALCLUE.jpg (2MB, 3095x3303px) Image search: [Google]
THEFINALCLUE.jpg
2MB, 3095x3303px
>>33452421
If you zoom and enhance on >>33452012 you will receive further clues. /akg/ is all connected. There are even deeper connections that arent even posted in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoNT6u3mQew
>>
>>33452012
The one between the MG and the G3.
>>
>>33452504
Negative ghostrider
That looks like a galil or something imilar
third from right is a yugo AK
>>
File: Om1L2fQ.gif (646KB, 600x250px) Image search: [Google]
Om1L2fQ.gif
646KB, 600x250px
>>33452473
>>33452426
how deep will this awakening approach?
>>
>>33452569
>Nah it's not the Israeli AK derivative, it's the Yugoslavian re-design

Fuck this fucking game.
>>
File: chillhat.jpg (2MB, 2865x3801px) Image search: [Google]
chillhat.jpg
2MB, 2865x3801px
>>33452584
Deeper than you can ever possibly imagine.
>>
File: galil5.jpg (613KB, 2048x1361px) Image search: [Google]
galil5.jpg
613KB, 2048x1361px
>>33452591
common, you dont own at least several non-AK's but still kinda AK's?
>>
>>33452609

No. I only have my WASR at this point.
>>
File: 1377044645212.jpg (33KB, 640x455px) Image search: [Google]
1377044645212.jpg
33KB, 640x455px
>not ingratiated enough int he tripfag underground to understnad what the frick Im supposed to be seieing
>>
>>33452609
>common, you dont own at least several non-AK's but still kinda AK's?
I want a galil and vz58 for this reason.
>>
File: erthgbrtfeghred.gif (669KB, 480x200px) Image search: [Google]
erthgbrtfeghred.gif
669KB, 480x200px
>>33452638
just gotta see past the memes my friend
>>
File: Party.jpg (4MB, 3337x3098px) Image search: [Google]
Party.jpg
4MB, 3337x3098px
>>33452638
I could give you a quick rundown but I dont think you could handle it.
>>
>>33452463
No. The booster attaches to the threads on the FSB/gas block. The barrel is cut flush with the FSB/gas block.
>>
File: VZ2.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
VZ2.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>33452645
>vz58
speaking as someone who owns on, dont
>>
>>33452682
Now why'd you go and depress Chimps?
>>
File: 20170328_003422.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170328_003422.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33451746
>>33451784
Heres the stock/grips i was talking about
>>
>>33452044
>undrilled stocks are almost always factory replacement pieces kept by refurb arsenals
Good to know, i got mine from some dude in russia off GB and its undrilled with the square and line through it. Its light with a gray buttplate, i wondered where it came from
>>
>>33452695
Why's that?
I just want for the near and different factor.
Should've bought a vz2008 when they was cheap
>>
File: 20170328_003459.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170328_003459.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>33452754
>>
>>33452782
>near
neat
>>
File: 1490148078251.png (201KB, 704x477px) Image search: [Google]
1490148078251.png
201KB, 704x477px
>>33448157
Got my first ak last week (Arsenal SLR-104FR) I'm really happy with it but I have a ton of questions.

The guys in the gun store I got it from were talking about an upgraded trigger from ALG being defintely worth it. I'm happy with my standard 6lb trigger I have now but maybe the grass is greener.

Is there any place to get plum furniture? I checked KVAR already and a bunch of other sites.

Is there any way to remove that annoying little Sling swivel and replace it with a QD mount?
>>
>>33452829
F alg, surplus or the rak trigger
>>
>>33452387
>wanting people to trip
>>
>>33452829
>The guys in the gun store I got it from were talking about an upgraded trigger from ALG being defintely worth it.
No.
>Is there any place to get plum furniture? I checked KVAR already and a bunch of other sites.
AKfiles
>Is there any way to remove that annoying little Sling swivel and replace it with a QD mount
I dont think so.
>>
>>33452829
>The guys in the gun store I got it from were talking about an upgraded trigger from ALG being defintely worth it.

Just a heads-up, I am currently in the process of modifying mine to get rid of the goddamn trigger slap. There is a big 'fin' on the back of the disconnector that needs to fuck off before I throw the whole damn trigger away.
>>
>>33452695
>think his vz2008 represents actual vz58s
My friend has a vz2008, works absolutely fine, accurate etc, but it's pretty rough vs the real deal.
>>33452645
There's no gun I like better, and I don't see that changing.
>>
>>33452889
That is super annoying and a big reason why I'm thinking of swapping out triggers
>>
>>33452889
>>33452902
I have one.
I don't have a problem with trigger slap.
I have a problem with how damn light it is and how it double taps far too easily.
>>33452893
>There's no gun I like better, and I don't see that changing
You're talking about the galil right?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1485845529949.jpg (10KB, 187x299px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1485845529949.jpg
10KB, 187x299px
>>33452911
That's something that surprised me. I've fired some 7.62 aks before and the recoil isn't a big deal but god damn 5.45 with that brake is like .22
>>
>>33452911
>You're talking about the galil right?
I liked that gun, till I held it.
Then I hated it, overweight and oversized to fire a barely fun cartridge. It's like a modern thompson smg in that way, not quite as bad though.
>>
>>33452925
Umm, what are you referencing?
I was talking about a trigger, not a brake
>>
File: AK11.jpg (419KB, 1334x746px) Image search: [Google]
AK11.jpg
419KB, 1334x746px
>>33452911
>I have a problem with how damn light it is and how it double taps far too easily.

Can we trade please?
>>
>>33452944
hmm, sure. I'll trade you my trigger and the PSAK that it's installed on for your WASR
>>
>>33452986
No.

I got the ALG thinking it would be like what you're describing. It's not really been worth it DESU, although the shape of the trigger itself is an improvement over the G2 it replaced.
>>
>>33453025
I also like the shape. It possible to just swap the trigger but leave the hammer? I heard the ALG hammers are causing some problems.
>>
File: image.jpg (554KB, 1144x1632px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
554KB, 1144x1632px
/arg/ get out reeee
>>
File: 20161008_212639.jpg (632KB, 2661x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20161008_212639.jpg
632KB, 2661x2448px
So after the latest series of SLR videos Rob has done, are Arsenal AKs indisputably the best out-of-box AK you can get your hands on?
>>
For an AK newbie what would be the best type of AK to buy? I don't know much about AKs but my dad used to have one and it was so much fun to shoot, so I want to get one of my own. What do you guys recommend? Something not too expensive but still reliable.
>>
>>33453327
WASR
or check the pastebin >>33448163
>>
>>33453324
Yup
>inb4 muh paint and muh slightly canted sights
The paint thing is shitty but it's only been a few batches and the sights thing is something that all AK's have which is why you don't buy them sight unseen
>>
>>33453327
WASR or Arsenal
>>
>>33452829
>Is there any way to remove that annoying little Sling swivel and replace it with a QD mount?
How is it "annoying"?
>>
>>33453448
Cause he's not using it right
>>
>>33453602
How could he even use it wrong?
>>
>>33453637
He probably doesnt have a sling on it so its rattling.....im asumming he has the triangle folder.
>>
>>33453764
Rather is a triangle folder or a polymer folder I still don't see how it's an issue.
>>
>>33453764
>>33453770
Well he was asking for a QD mount, so he's probably using the wrong type of sling.
>>
>>33453827
Fair point.
>>
Anyone have any Experience with the Palmetto State Armory AK's? Their Polymer AK for $650 is tempting, although I really want to wait for SLR-107's to come back in stock.
>>
>>33454000
Lurk more
>>
>>33454004
Just went through the past 10 threads, gonna wait for an SLR-107.
>>
>>33454000
Buy mine. $600
>>
>>33454024
If they didn't have a bunch of weird proprietary shit going on, had CHL barrels, and also didn't have so many QC issues, then they'd be fine.
>>
>>33454039
Yeah, I'm very impressed with the 9mm AR I bought from PSA so I was curious even though I'm aware of the >domestic AK's meme.
>>
>>33454214
They're not just memes, they're reality. No one wants a good US made AK than the US AK market consumers but manufacturers just seem to fail time after time.
>>
>>33454214
Is not a meme
>>
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/630354069

Hur should I try to win this snackarov? I don't own anything in .380 save for a 1908 hammerless
>>
>>33454000

I have a couple un-fired SLR-107FRS do you guys think I can gouge people seeing as they're sold out RN?

For you friend only $1500
>>
>>33454594
Get a 9x18
>>
File: 8837506.jpg (50KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
8837506.jpg
50KB, 800x533px
>>33454604
Pics and timestamp now, faggot.
>hurr I have 6 Beryls and 4 V1s but I can't prove it.

I bet your wife is sick and you can't leave her side to take a timestamped pic, right?

Go eat a whole buffet of dicks.
>>
File: tumblr_nlj3grC9t01qmrtaeo1_500.jpg (110KB, 423x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlj3grC9t01qmrtaeo1_500.jpg
110KB, 423x750px
>>33452086
Looking for an update to this
>>
>>33454604
I'll give you $950 plus shipping.
>>
>>33452086
>>33454761

>Where or when can I get a civilian legal AK 107?

Assuming you are in the US...

When:
A - Russia decides to allow the manufacture and export of a civilian legal version.

AND

B - They are either manufactured by a company we can import from (not a Rostec owned company) or the sanctions against russia are lifted so we can import from a Rostec owned company, such as Kalashnikov Concern.
>>
this isnt a wasr so wtf is it
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/morr-aam-rom47-og-detail.html?Itemid=0
>>
File: IMG_7902.jpg (424KB, 1600x747px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7902.jpg
424KB, 1600x747px
I fell for the 7.62x39 bakelite magazine meme. Ordered one last night from Legion.
>>
>>33454873
I heard kalash was going to release it under the moniker of the AK mk 12

However everything very found is vaperware
>>
>>33454880
Should I purchase one of the aluminium Russian waffle mags or wait and find a slabside? I'm getting rid of my worst korea 30 rounders and replacing them with surplus mags. I have two of them at the moment in addition to 3 surplus mags (Romanian, Bulgarian, East German). I'm probably sounding autistic as fuck, but I'd much rather have functioning surplus mags in place of jam o matic SouK mags.
>>
File: IMG_6281.jpg (71KB, 631x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6281.jpg
71KB, 631x1024px
>>33448157
How can I get my 9s 2b OTP engraved onto the reciever of my AK
>>
File: 20160910_042410.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160910_042410.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>33454926
>Should I purchase one of the aluminium Russian waffle mags or wait and find a slabside?
Umm, both?

How many mags do you have?
>>
>>33454955

Google "gun engraver". Send them your gun along with whatever 9s 2b OTP is. Wait.
>>
>>33450488

That's illegal
>>
>>33454955
Just google NFA engravings. Find a place near you.
>>
File: C3R3YpXVMAAHaps.jpg (59KB, 548x796px) Image search: [Google]
C3R3YpXVMAAHaps.jpg
59KB, 548x796px
>>33454978
>>33455038
Do you guys think that they would allow for nudity?
>>
File: 20170205_170012349_iOS~2.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
20170205_170012349_iOS~2.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>
>>33455022
while it should be illegal to think of old trips, i am not aware of any legislation that has passed.
>>
>>33455051

The easiest way to find out is to find an engraver and send them an email containing what you want engraved and ask them.
Are you completely fucking helpless in other aspects of your life? Does your mom still put the food into your mouth for you?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
first ak build, got a flat from ak builder and this is how it's going so far. going to be built using a bulgy 74 kit matching with plum. fuck building, next time I'm just going to buy a complete rifle even though I saved loads of money this way.
>>
>>33455067
Can you engrave it for me? I dont want to ask some old fart to potentially fuck my reciever up with bad art
>>
File: 20161229_164323.jpg (3MB, 1944x2589px) Image search: [Google]
20161229_164323.jpg
3MB, 1944x2589px
>>33454880
>having only one pretty bake
>>
>>33454958
Three. I'm a noob to 7.62 AKs so my knowledge is fairly scant at the moment
>>
Anyone in the Austin TX area wanting to buy a tin of 7n6? Have one im looking to sell or trade for equal amount of non corrosive ammo.
>>
>>33455148
>mfw no bakes at all
I will only ever start buying some when I put wood on my SLR
>>
>>33455341
I only have 1 bake for my wasr. Prefer steel and plum.
>>
File: OBRPK1.png (2MB, 1510x659px) Image search: [Google]
OBRPK1.png
2MB, 1510x659px
>>33452782
If it was 399, then I'd say go for it, but as it stands these rifles aren't worth more than 500.
>>33452893
The last time someone used a Czechpoint product near me, the disconnect sheared off, it went full auto, and if the person handling it hadn't been more careful then a lot of people could have been hurt. I dont have any intention to see what sort of shitty builds they throw out for their VZ's
>>33453324
>taking anything rob says too seriously
>>
>>33455341
>when I put wood on my SLR

If you know you're going to do it then why not start buying the mags now, before prices go up?
>>
>>33455416
Because I'd rather keep buying mags that I think aren't ugly
>>
>>33455423
If you think they're ugly then why will you buy some when you put wood on your SLR?
>>
>>33455416
>GET IT NOW BEFORE PRICES SKYROCKET!!!!
thats excatly how prices go up. Faggots like you panicking shit will be gone forever. Remwmber how slabs and waffles use to be around 100 each? And now yoi can get them for what? About 40 each?
>>
>>33455445
Cuz wood and Bakelite go together like benis and bagina

I just like plum and triangle or black and black more. I've got other AKs for my wood fix, and wood and steel ain't no slouch either
>>
>>33455462
So buy some now.

>>33455447
It's a pretty fair assumption to believe that prices will go up as generally the only product that decreases in price over time are electronics. Remember $2000 720p TV's? I do.
The reason prices on mags have gone down is because people were price gouging due to the panic of a democrat with aspirations of strict gun control possibly getting into office and seller gouging prices up as high as they could go. Now that those fears are gone, the sellers are forced to reduce their prices to a more reasonable level. That rise in prices was the fault of the sellers, not the buyers.
>>
>>33455416
>prices going up on one of the most common 5.45 mag types in the US
I mean maybe if an AWB passes (which it wont) but they'll always be available on the secondhand market. I highly doubt their prices will fluctuate much unless something drastic happens.
>>
>>33455498
No, the reason prices have gone down is because there are more stateside and available secondhand and therefor they aren't as rare as they once were.
>>
>>33455516
So it's just a coincidence that prices started rapidly dropping almost immediately after Clinton lost?
>>
>>33455560
No, a lot of it is people unloading their stuff they picked up in hopes of being able to sell for more, but plums and bakelites are still common af and even before the election they were still $30 or so. Rarer mags went down quite a bit because of the post election inventory liquidization, but common mags only went down a few bucks. They're still going to be easily available for around $30.
>>
Is Nick around. I found the sweetest maple syrup he can eat from my asshole.
>>
all this shit will be going down over the next few years. It was all artificial rarity. How many fucking mags have the Russians made since the 50's. Literal millions fuck all these hoarders resalers they are in the process of getting burnt and it is awesome. Also enjoy your thousands of .22LR you over paid for
>>
>>33455148
that grip looks so out place in stamped receiver,
>>
File: 1202.jpg (128KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1202.jpg
128KB, 1440x1080px
>>33451687
Laminate furniture is objectively the most beautiful and most comfy.
>>
File: 20170306_172658~2.jpg (2MB, 2268x4032px) Image search: [Google]
20170306_172658~2.jpg
2MB, 2268x4032px
>>33456153
Polish is better.
>>
>>33448554
that ejection seems way to violent
>>
>>33456295
Its not.
>>
File: 20170103_130353.jpg (2MB, 1941x2592px) Image search: [Google]
20170103_130353.jpg
2MB, 1941x2592px
>>33456123
I can't really make a clone out of it, so I thought I'd just make it comfy. I have huge hands so the regular grip isn't big enough. I have some bakelite grips to switch it out from time to time
>>
File: 20170304_141401~2.jpg (2MB, 2268x4032px) Image search: [Google]
20170304_141401~2.jpg
2MB, 2268x4032px
>>33456389
Get polish fat grip.
>>
>>33448746
Hooray! Guard is back! How you been friend?
>>
>>33456406
>CP
>>
File: 20170324_084423.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170324_084423.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>33456406
I have one. I'll switch it out tonight and take some pics. I just got a new phone so new pics will be ultra crispy
>>
>>33449910
Don't file down your mag catch, file/sand down your magazines lug. Go slow and check it every so often by trying to lock it into the rifle. Had some refinished polish mags from Aim do the same thing. Just had to sand them a bit.
>>
>>33456581
i agree, don't modify the gun for 1 mag, file the mag.
>>
File: 20170324_113019~2.jpg (2MB, 2027x4032px) Image search: [Google]
20170324_113019~2.jpg
2MB, 2027x4032px
>>33456578
Nice, i get my new camera today.
>>
File: 2017-03-28_12.30.31.jpg (69KB, 1232x816px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-28_12.30.31.jpg
69KB, 1232x816px
>>33456631
Whatcha gettin? My Pentax K30 doesnt get enough of the love it deserves.
>>
>>33450827
Either Draco "pistol" or wasr, inspect in person before buying for canted sights etc if possible. Don't buy io like other anon said, they are junk. Don't bother with century built guns, like c39 or RAS47, also junk. Century imports are fine though.
>>
>>33456668
Nikon d3000 with extras.
Only paying 150$ for everything so i think its a decent deal. This will be my first still camera so it should be decent for a beginner.
>>
Someone make a new thread so I can post the weights of these stocks
>>
>>33451063
No joking, go get world of guns on steam. They show you how to field strip, and disassemble many different guns in detail. Might help you.
>>
>>33451282
Imagine the badonkadonk that veprs waffegiest would have with a stock like that....
>>
File: 2017-03-28_12.39.58.jpg (97KB, 816x1232px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-28_12.39.58.jpg
97KB, 816x1232px
>>33456689
Nice. I think that might be the same one my buddy has. When i started photographing i checked out a book from the library about all the manual controls and meanings. It helps alot. No matter how fancy a camera is, its only as good as its photographer.
>>
>>33449910
Is the gun new? Sometimes the catch just needs to break in and wear down any cutting marks left from manufacturing
>>
new thread
>>33456798
>>
>>33452829
ALG has been proven by AKOU to deform your bcg dovetail
>>
File: FTPXASFIXKPT3SI.LARGE.jpg (98KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
FTPXASFIXKPT3SI.LARGE.jpg
98KB, 1024x683px
>>33456816
I could be wrong but I think the Tapco G2 did too.
This is why I just stuck a good old surplus trigger group in mine. I don't care that it feels like two of these rubbing against each other every time I pull the trigger.
>>
>>33448752
I suck at it too, anon.
>>
>>33454877
? A Romanian milsurp parts kit built by Atlantic. Kind of obvious. Atlantic does good work. Bought one of their polish milsurp parts kits built AKs years ago, was my first AK.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.