[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wesson 1911 vs Kimber 1911 for concealed carry that is CA legal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: DWClassic800x600.jpg (112KB, 800x541px) Image search: [Google]
DWClassic800x600.jpg
112KB, 800x541px
Wesson 1911 vs Kimber 1911 for concealed carry that is CA legal?

Pros and cons of each?
I shot a Wesson yesterday and a ProCarry (I think, can't remember) as well.
Shot both decently.
>>
Bermp
>>
dw makes the nicest production 1911s hands down
>>
>>33444672
Dan Wesson by a mile. I'm about to snatch up one of their older .357's. Just trying to decide if I want to splurge on the pistol pac or not.
>>
>Andy
>My son
>You are man now
>You must choose make of 1911 to carry to defend your life
>Will you chose reliable example from Top Tier custom/semi-custom shop
>or will you buy a slipshod gamble pistol from Johnny Cutcorners Kimber

>...
>>
>>33444672

Wesson for sure if you have the dosh. Kimber isn't as good.
>>
>>33444672
Any Kimber made after the turn of the century is hot garbage.

Go for Dan Wesson and enjoy a quality pistol.
>>
>>33444672
this is REAL hip hop not that mumble shit!
>>
>>33446142
Agree. I've never liked Kimbers, no good reason, they just put me off.
>>
Alright. I think you assholes (and Hickok after watching his review) have convinced me to buy a commander classic. Buy once cry once eh?
>>
>>33451267
There are several very good reasons not to like Kimber
>>
File: 1487432183116.jpg (28KB, 411x411px) Image search: [Google]
1487432183116.jpg
28KB, 411x411px
Canuck here, I can't carry a pistol but I'm wondering are 1911s actually good for cc? I feel like they would be a little big but I dunno. I have no experience.
>>
>>33451361
They aren't ideal choices. The smaller 1911s are notoriously unreliable while the standard 5'' 1911s are very reliable but are both large and heavy. There is also the issue that they need to be carried cocked and locked, which is a configuration that is slower and more prone to error during high stress situations.

All that being said, I have no doubt that 1911s are the best choice for some people due to their particular skillsets or the jursidictions in which they live or for some other reason. If they have confidence in their weapon and the skills to back it up, more power to them for being able to make it all work.
>>
File: 1488432639968.jpg (94KB, 680x561px) Image search: [Google]
1488432639968.jpg
94KB, 680x561px
Of those two a Dan Wesson - in my opinion those are two mediocre brands for the price.

Are Springfield 1911's California approved? Because once you disable ILS by replacing the mainspring housing you have a really great series 70 for under a thousand.

I'm impressed as well by the newest Colts.

>>33451361
If you don't mind the wait and don't go for anything smaller than a commander frame yes. If you live in a faggot state like California and can only carry a maximum of ten rounds might as well make them big ones.
>>
>>33444672
>concealed carry that is CA legal?

Good luck getting a CC permit in Commiefornia.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.