[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are pistol carbines any good for rifle training? I'm not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

are pistol carbines any good for rifle training?

I'm not taking about hitting shit at 100 yards with a PCC but just as a way to adjust to recoil and aiming before moving up to intermediate cartridges like 5.56 or 7.62x39?

I'm absolutely terrible at a hundred yards with my nugget and need to find a more effective way of practicing
>>
>>33444305
You'd be better off with one of those 22lr "training" guns.
A full weight gun, but shooting 22lr. Personally, I want a cz455 trainer even if it's not an official milsurp model.
>>
Just get a .22 and practice with that. .22 is at least somewhat designed to go farther than 50 yards. At 100 yards pistol calibers have atrocious bullet drop.
>>
File: IMG_2704.jpg (844KB, 1592x1132px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2704.jpg
844KB, 1592x1132px
>>33444330
>At 100 yards pistol calibers have atrocious bullet drop.
Same with 22lr, my practice gun is a 22cal pellet rifle. It's pretty heavy and feels like a real gun, and almost free to shoot.
>set target at desired distance
>shoot clankers till you get good enough to hit small one
>move further away
>repeat
>>
>>33444305

5.56 doesn't have noticeable recoil, especially in a 20 inch gun.

9mm can be had for 10 cents per round, though, so there is that.
>>
>>33444328
>>33444330
OP here

I already planned on getting a .22 pistol and rifle but those things nave next to no recoil. I figured a PCC would have enough recoil for me to get used to the kick of an actual rifle

>>33444355
So would you suggest starting at .22 then going up to an intermediate Like a 7.62 or 5.56?

Also side note what would be a good progression for pistols? I got a .45 CCW that I'm decent with but .45 is on the high side in terms of "difficulty" IMO
>>
>>33444417
>So would you suggest starting at .22 then going up to an intermediate Like a 7.62 or 5.56?
Only for cheapness sake if anything.
Intermediate calibers are all pretty tame, especially 545x39/556x45. They're just loud.
>>
>>33444417

Get a 22 and practice with it at 25 yards, maybe 50 yards.

When you get good at that, look into 5.56 or x39.
>>
>>33444489

Everybody with more than one gun should have at least one 22 so OP may as well get one now.
>>
>>33444517
OP here

I planned on getting one soon but I'm strapped for cash right now. I was gonna grab a pistol and a rifle when I got the chance
>>
>>33444517
>Everybody with more than one gun should have at least one 22
I wholeheartedly disagree.
Buy 22 if it interests you, and not just because the internet things you "need" it to train. I like 22 well enough, but I never touch my 10/22 when I can shoot any intermediate cartridge, though a gun that actually looks cool and give me joy to shoot.
I only use 22lr through a pistol, I feel like it's an extremely poor long-gun cartridge. It's just not fun.
>>
Find a range that will rent you an AR in 5.56 for an hour. Should not be hard to find. Give it a try.

Compared to 54r it's gonna feel like you're shooting nothing at all.. nothing at all... nothing at all..
>>
>>33444544
even 54r is pretty meh feeling IMO, you just need to know how to shoulder a rifle properly
>>
>>33444531

Then get a basic bitch AR. They are cheaper than non-nugget slavshit these days.
>>
>>33444531
What's got you strapped for cash, OP?
>>
>>33444542
I think you misunderstand .22
>>
>>33444580
OP here

My wife's son's birthday is next week.
>>
>>33444585
Well, I've shot 22 since the early 90's. I've had plenty of time to form my opinion.
>my opinion
>>
>>33444580
OP here

I bought pretty much my entire gun collection in the time span of a month, got fined by obongocare and had to help my dad pay property tax. All the while trying to pay my bills and save for a car

Freedom isn't free desu

>>33444588
Fake OP should have married a qt conservative virgin
>>
>>33444623
>conservative
>virgin

Lmao, good luck getting to her before her dad or brother does.
>>
>>33444417
>I figured a PCC would have enough recoil for me to get used to the kick of an actual rifle

I would be willing to bet $20 that the recoil is not your problem. It may be your anticipation of the recoil, but not the recoil itself.

95% of the time, the problem is one of the following

1. You're pre-compensating for the recoil
2. Your trigger pull needs work
3. You're not aligning the sights properly,
>>
>>33445463
OP here

Just replying to /pol/ memes with /pol/ memes

>>33445575
Any tips or tricks to get over the flinch?
>>
>>33445782
Dry firing. A lot of dry firing.

DON'T DRY FIRE A .22 WITHOUT A SNAP CAP, you'll destroy your firing pin

You want firing to be muscle memory that you do automatically; the thought of recoil never to enter into your mind.

Practice while prone, best way to get proper alignment and practice

* Get your natural point of aim, this is important https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_point_of_aim#Process
* Pull the stock into the meaty part of your shoulder, not the bone-y part
* Get proper sight alignment
* Put the middle of the top portion of your index finger on the trigger
* Breathe in
* hold it
* slowly pull the trigger __straight__ back

*click*

* exhale

Do this over and over and over slowly until you can do it in your sleep. Once you get good at that, then go to the range and do it for real.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.